Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does the Impeccable Manor have a stereo floating in the air outside it?

Impeccable_Manor.jpg

It's the yellow looking thing on the very right-hand side of the picture - pretty much vertically half-way. It's a yellow Slim Digital Stereo by McKible Technologies - costs $200.

I think this house came with Generations (not sure), but it is one of the houses that auto-adds to the lot library.

Anyway, why is there a stereo floating in the air outside of it, by the fir tree?

It's a fairly expensive house - cost me $183,789.

EDIT:
Slim_Digital_Stereo.png
This the offending thing - a yellow one of these.

Comments

• Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited July 2014
    Overuse of MOO and other building cheats, maybe? I know the one house I built I managed to lose a car, several paintings, some drainpipes, a tree and quite a few bushes in the hillside on my lot through overenthusiastic MOOing. luckily they showed up in the inventory of my test sim when I moved her in to check things out
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is the base house. It was added to the game with the stereo already there.

The floating in the air stereo is built into the base house design.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    To make it a bit clearer.

This isn't an error - someone put it there on purpose.

The question is why?

Why would, whoever designed that house, add a floating stereo on purpose?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2014
    I see junk like that floating in the air and on the roofs of EA made lots all the time. Usually just go into Build/Buy when I happen to notice, delete them, and move on.

Probably just sloppy decorating/furnishing by the initial designers that never got cleaned up prior to release.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh how well do I know the house you are talking about. When I played it, I first heard music, and did not have a clue to where it was coming from. When I finally did discover where the phantom music was coming from, I was like....WHAAAAAAAAT :shock:
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow. I've seen some sloppiness in design (single wall panels left unpainted, etc.), but never floating objects :-D
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've placed my own lots down multiple times in different worlds/places before and some lot spaces glitch out items making them float randomly.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's not done on purpose, this is a glitch. I've seen it several times with various builders.
    Yeh but this is from The Sims Studio - it's a house they had built.

I'm leaning towards the 'not accidental' side of the fence on this one.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've seen far worse issues than those floating objects in EA's homes like missing back doors and badly designed layouts.The missing back door glitch is seen in almost all of the EA made houses and I've always had to either fix it or just build my own houses.Another common issues is their making the houses overpriced which I don't do with my starters.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg