Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New The Sims 4 Tidbits [NEW: Traits + Rewards + Aspirations - UPDATE 6]

I though it would be a lot easier to just organize a thread, which could be constantly updated with any of the smaller tidbits we get [like new SimGuru icons, new CAS video findings etc] during this countdown to E3. That way, we can collect all the smaller things we get until the [hopefully] big reveal at E3. With all that said, I'll be constantly updating the OP with new things I and other users find. Post any info that I may have missed, and I'll be sure to update the OP with it and credit you. Thanks!

--

Basic Info

1. The Fuse Joplin Article http://thefusejoplin.com/2014/05/sims-4-release-dates-gameplay-updates/
Rewards and New Features

An added feature allows players that level up from one level to another that they are rewarded with additional rewards. A cupcake factory, microscope sets *I'm just hearing this*, rocket ships are some of the new features player can expect.
Advanced Party Options

The Sims 4 comes with advanced party options, such as DJs and party equipment, wild parties, more drinking, more flirting, and more socializing options for all party lovers. The venues and activities allow Sims to socialize and interact with other Sims very much like real life.

CAS Video

1. Hair is Organized into three categories [short,medium, long]

tumblr_n5pyoxWVcj1ryyo0jo1_500.png

2. Galaxy leggings [not that big, but it's making me exited for the other options]

tumblr_inline_n5o7x7IiOy1soxdm9.png

3. There seems to be a search bar in build/buy mode

tumblr_n5kpg5vhWu1txj55zo1_1280.png

4. Multi-dye hairstyles possible [No word on if its only for certain hairstyles, or all yet]

tumblr_n5mo28QpvA1sg7xzfo1_500.png

5. Female Hair styles

tumblr_n5ltx7UiWl1togpipo1_500.gif

6. Traits [So Far]

tumblr_n5l3twJtPn1spyh9mo4_250.giftumblr_n5l3twJtPn1spyh9mo5_250.gif

7. Preset Colors - 13 options for eye color, 18 options for skin color (including blue and green), 8 options for eyebrow color, 18 options for hair and facial hair color.

8. User Interface - CAS buttons and transitions are animated and quite bouncy! The UI is very minimal and scaled back. There are seven main categories; clicking one will animate that button and reveal sub-categories. Mousing over a sub-category will reveal an X; clicking the X resets the sub-category.

9. Detail Mode - Zooming close into a Sim activates “Detail Mode”, where each part of the face is highlighted when moused over and can be tweaked in greater detail.

10. Cosmetic Details - There are four types of wrinkles that can be added, as well as two types of beauty marks (next to eye and above corner of lip).

11. Outfit Categories - There is Everyday, Formalwear, Athletic, Sleepwear, and a NEW one, Partywear! [No sign of Swimwear, yet]

12. Tattoos- Tattoos seem to be more basic in TS4. You simply select a tattoo and it appears already sized, colored and in-place, and this cannot be customized.

13. Styled Looks - A catalogue-like mode that allows players to sort through pre-set outfits with a few color options to try out on Sims in CAS. Click here for examples!

14. Traits and Aspirations - The video reveals the Genius, Bookworm, Creative, Romantic, Outgoing, Gregarious, Fast Learner and Active traits. Relevant Aspiration options appear based on the selected traits. When an Aspiration is selected, a Sim receives another trait that will help with their Aspiration. For example, a “Renaissance Sim” will get the Quick Learner trait, allowing him or her to build skills faster, or a Sim with the “Friend to the World” Aspiration will unlock the Gregarious trait, allowing him or her to build friendships faster.

UPDATE 2
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/752792.page#12029564

UPDATE 3
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/752792.page#12033665

UPDATE 4
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/752792.page#12035359

UPDATE 5
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/752792.page#12038578

UPDATE 6
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/752792.page#12040490

Comments

• Options
    FlyAceFlyAce Posts: 54
    edited May 2014
    SimGuru Avatars

tumblr_n5oynyb1741sh6xelo2_r1_500.pngtumblr_n5oynyb1741sh6xelo1_500.pngtumblr_n5fsxaRP9T1sh6xelo6_r1_500.png
    tumblr_n5fsxaRP9T1sh6xelo2_r1_500.png
    tumblr_n5fsxaRP9T1sh6xelo3_r1_500.png
    tumblr_n5fsxaRP9T1sh6xelo4_r1_500.png
    tumblr_n547fa6sVA1sh6xelo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    When he edited Morty in CAS did you notice you can make Eye Bags bigger?! I did and I'm sooo happy!!! Just thought I'd share :mrgreen:
  • Options
    lanadelsimlanadelsim Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you! This is very helpful :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    When he edited Morty in CAS did you notice you can make Eye Bags bigger?! I did and I'm sooo happy!!! Just thought I'd share :mrgreen:

i actually didn't! *goes to rewatch trailer for the 1000th time :) *
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lanadelsim wrote:
    Thank you! This is very helpful :D

You're welcome!
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    FlyAce wrote:
    moo11x wrote:

i actually didn't! *goes to rematch trailer for the 1000th time :) *

I watch this slow-mo version and I noticed the different Eye Bag pre-sets~

Here's the link, you'll see waaay more :wink:
    http://youtu.be/rHd0E6TPWao
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2014
    Good Idea! :thumbup:
    This will make looking for info a lot easier for people! (Including me xD)
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited May 2014
    I had no idea we'd get DJs. I guess that confirms nightclubs.

Thank you.
  • Options
    raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    edited May 2014
    I like that they have different hair length categories, this will make finding hair a lot easier which will really come in handy when they start releasing EP's :D
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    I really wish beauty/birth marks were available to place under the bottom lip, option of whichever side... because I have one right side below my lower lip lol :oops: in any case, thanks for these tidbits! The more I learn about Sims 4 and how many new features there are, the more I want it! :mrgreen:
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited May 2014
    raybigbear wrote:
    I like that they have different hair length categories, this will make finding hair a lot easier which will really come in handy when they start releasing EP's :D

They are short, somewhat short and shoulder length.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited May 2014
    This actually helps organize a lot of the craziness that's going on in the community right now. Half the people are unsure of what is or isn't confirmed and the other half are mixing up information with speculation. Thank you!
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited May 2014
    pguida wrote:
    raybigbear wrote:

They are short, somewhat short and shoulder length.

:mrgreen:

Agreed, none of the hair we've seen as of yet can be called long. Hair does grow past a persons shoulders you know ;)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2014
    FlyAce wrote:

I'm more interested in the size of the scrollbar! :shock:
  • Options
    girlformergirlformer Posts: 231 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm more interested in the size of the scrollbar!
    MOTHER OF GOD YOU'RE RIGHT.

and there's a tab for long hairstyles ;_; I WANT MY ANIME BOYS WITH LONG HAIR NOW. i have two types: nerds, and boys with long hair. xD I'm so excited!!!! I'm starting to forget the fact there's no colorwheel and all...
  • Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited May 2014
    FlyAce wrote:
    SimGuru Avatars

tumblr_n5oynyb1741sh6xelo2_r1_500.pngtumblr_n5oynyb1741sh6xelo1_500.pngtumblr_n5fsxaRP9T1sh6xelo6_r1_500.png

Does anyone think the redheaded one looks like Amy Adams?
  • Options
    HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited May 2014
    FlyAce wrote:
    SimGuru Avatars

Well, this is unfair :lol: Look at the male and female eyebrows. The men have actual eyebrows made of hair, we women have... Lines.
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hannoie wrote:
    FlyAce wrote:
    SimGuru Avatars

Well, this is unfair :lol: Look at the male and female eyebrows. The men have actual eyebrows made of hair, we women have... Lines.

>__< Makes me think of the women who shave off their eyebrows, just to draw them back on.. :lol: I can kind of tell their eyebrows are a tad hairy.. I hope this improves later on!!
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Zerbu wrote:
    FlyAce wrote:

I'm more interested in the size of the scrollbar! :shock:

Yeah, I'm kinda excited, though skeptical, about that. if there really are that many hairstyles in the base game, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Come on EA, you can do it!
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2014
    From the looks of it, I think the short, medium and long hair categories are actually filters. As in, you click the hair tab, which shows all hair, then you can click on one of the three options to further narrow it down.

There's a few reason I think that; firstly, in the image with the tiny scrollbar, the hair icon is coloured, but the short, medium and long options are all white like the other unselected buttons. Secondly, the hairstyles in that image seem to be a mix of short and medium. Some of them are certainly more what I'd call "medium length", anyway. Thirdly, the scrollbar seems unbelieveably small for three whole categories that size. It seems more like it might be all of the hair.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    From the looks of it, I think the short, medium and long hair categories are actually filters. As in, you click the hair tab, which shows all hair, then you can click on one of the three options to further narrow it down.

There's a few reason I think that; firstly, in the image with the tiny scrollbar, the hair icon is coloured, but the short, medium and long options are all white like the other unselected buttons. Secondly, the hairstyles in that image seem to be a mix of short and medium. Some of them are certainly more what I'd call "medium length", anyway. Thirdly, the scrollbar seems unbelieveably small for three whole categories that size. It seems more like it might be all of the hair.

Agreed, having that many hairstyles for each category would be far too generous :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Innuendo21Innuendo21 Posts: 655 Member
    edited May 2014
    That info about rewards and parties sounds great! Finally real DJs back unlike in TS3.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    UPDATE 2

Expected Release date - [September 2,2014]

Both Target and Walmart have updated their shipping dates to September 2. While this could just be a placeholder,
    other simblrs [sims tumblrs] are reporting that their local stores are doing the same. Maybe we might get confirmation
    leading up to or at E3.

Target: http://www.target.com/p/the-sims-4-limited-edition-pc-games/-/A-14752919

Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Sims-4-Premium-Edition-PC/27943161

Basic Info

tumblr_n5qt8tS88I1soy0bho1_r1_1280.png

Graham confirms that the CAS video didn't show all the features that will be in the game,
    so there is still hope for swimwear and whatever else was missing [fingers crossed for a
    color wheel].

Pictures

tumblr_n5mkknvRsr1sh6xelo1_1280.jpg

New unseen render
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SimsUser4LifeSimsUser4Life Posts: 55 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:

Darn... to think all that hair was for one category. Hopefully they'll add more hairstyles... or at least make them as diverse as possible.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    As happy as I am that we haven't seen all of CAS, why can't the gurus just answer the question rather than skirting around it and saying we'll see more soon?

If it is indeed going to be released on September the 2nd then that's just 3 months; or 107 days to go, and we still haven't actually seen any proper none staged gameplay.

I know people keep saying we'll see more at E3, but that's still almost 4 weeks away, and only actually lasts 4 days :/
    kovu0207ver2.jpg