Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Going Solo challenge

Comments

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited May 2014
    where I remember leaving off - Jonas is in love with a human named Candace. Elgon wants his son to NOT have his future decided for him and pressured his mom to talk to Wilson. Emmaline is hateful.

Elgon is a very authentic, caring kind of guy. He's not one to mess with people and he's totally loyal. He allows his heart to lead the way in life and his heart is set on Candace. When he looks at her he see a wide open world of possibilities and happiness. He wants to be a teacher when he grows up so he can inspire future generations and one day have enough children to populate a sports team. He only sees the good in people and wants everyone else to view themselves that way too.
    Screenshot-95_zpsb31dda6c.jpg

While Jonas is out romancing his lady love, Elgon is at home preparing for a quiet dinner along when Ephriam burst through the door!
    Screenshot-112_zps59414e52.jpg
    "Prepare yourself! The Fairy Brigade is on it's way!"

Not even 2 minutes later Wilson, Emmaline, and Wind are at the door. Ephriam's warning had given him just enough time to put on some cloths.
    Screenshot-109_zps65438411.jpg
    "Elgon! We are here to discuss your son. It has been brought to my attention that he wishes to marry a human girl named Candace."

Wilson seems overly cheerful and forcefully confident. Not a good sign
    Screenshot-107_zpsb0db3c3e.jpg
    "My.....dear wife Emmaline is here to express her... displeasure at your sons choice and your mothers willful defiance of custom as well as...."

Elgon could tell the Wilson did not want to be in the middle of this. I wonder how much say Grandfather had in his marriage to Emmaline, Elgon thought
    Screenshot-108_zpsf298d6d5.jpg
    "I appreciate your concern," Elgon cut him off "but this really isn't necessary. Jonas is free to be with whomever he wishes. I have met her and she is quite enchanting. Now if you all will excuse me, I have dinner to make...."

He tried to be as casual and non confrontational as possible. He turned back to the kitchen and pretended like the air wasn't vibrating with tension and acted like his unexpected guests would leave quietly
    Screenshot-99_zps228b6b34.jpg
    " Oh look, the little Wingless Wonder thinks he has any say in the matter! HAhahaha!" Cackled Emmaline

Elgon came storming out from behind the counter. He had had enough of this!
    Screenshot-111_zps022b8eeb.jpg
    "Look Witch! You have NO SAY in the future of MY son! I don't give a dang about your plans and traditions. I will NOT be dis-respected in my home. You get out and do not come back! Let me show you the door. Look, a door. It's the wooden thing with knobs on it" He said pointing

Emmaline exploded
    Screenshot-110_zps652090bd.jpg
    "You do not speak to me like that! I am the matriarch of this family! YOU will do as you are told. We have taken your case before the elders to be judged. It is only a matter of time before they arrive to give me custody of Jonas and banish you!"

Elgon whipped around to face is grandfather (yes I know, the pics are in dif rooms, I don't remember what I originally wanted to do here)
    Screenshot-103_zpseb21b595.jpg
    "You took this before the elders without me? Take my son?! Banish me?? How could you do this to me Grandfather!"

Elgon's head was spinning. Is this happening? Can they actually do this?
    Finally Wind spoke up.
    Screenshot-122_zps6cb431cf.jpg
    "Calm down Elgon, it's not like that at all. Emmaline is just trying to get you worked up. Yes this has been brought before the elders and yes it has to be dealt with. A judge is on his way here. Wilson, and only Wilson, will talk to him and explain." She spoke quietly but with authority. This pregnancy had changed her, calmed her.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    They waited in a tense silence for the judge to arrive. He was not what Elgon had expected at all. He was waiting for some ancient fairy who had already decided his fate to arrive, sending him away and taking his son. Master Albert was young and friendly and his pleasant demeanor gave Elgon a surge of excitement. He had never been so grateful for the male dominant society he was part of until now. Knowing that Emmaline was not allowed to voice her opinion coupled with his suspicsions about his grandfather made him feel light headed with hope.

The 2 fairies talked quietly while the rest of them tried to look busy
    Screenshot-119_zps1bba26ed.jpg
    "....and I think Jonas should be given the chance to choose is own mate. The law are clear in this regard..."

Elgon stood rooted to the spot. Was his grandfather fighting for his side? Emmaline was NOT pleased and threw a silent, for once in her life, tantrum behind the esteemed judge.
    Screenshot-116_zps07d04526.jpg
    Screenshot-121_zpsd5a697f8.jpg
    " I have made my decision." Stated Master Albert "Jonas has the right to choose his mate and the Council will not interfere unless there is severe cause to do so. Ms. Solo, if you would please see me to my car and I will get the paper work for you to review as your son's and grandson's guardian."

Wilson was out the door so fast Elgon barely registered that he has left. I bet he's trying to stay close to the judge to avoid his wife's wrath
    Screenshot-120_zpse6c75670.jpg
    "wait a minute Mother!" Elgon called

Elgon could see by his mother's face that she knew what he wanted to talk about
    Screenshot-123_zpsfc0c5666.jpg
    Screenshot-117_zps004a1ae6.jpg
    "How are you still our guardian!" Elgon started to yell
    Screenshot-118_zps1f68c767.jpg
    "Now is not the time Elgon!" She hissed "Be happy with what just happened and I will call you later!"

She and Ephriam joined Wilson in the elevator
    Screenshot-124_zps297735a8.jpg
    Before the judge joined them he stopped to congratulate Elgon for getting his wish and to whisper that he made Emmaline take the stairs ;-)
    Screenshot-125_zps63e91e78.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    While at work the next day, Wind stopped by to bring the paper work and explain the guardianship. Because Elgon refused to remarry, Wind is back to being his gaurdian and therefore Jonas' as well. "If you get married or Jonas gets married, that all changes." Wind explained. "But if Jonas' behavior becomes.."unfit".. or he and Candace are deemed a poor match, the council has the right to step in and force the issue. Non of us see that happening. Jonas is a good kid and Candace's family is in good standing in the community. and you'll be very happy to see that Wilson slipped in a clause stating that Emmaline has NO say on ANYTHING Jonas related! You may want to call your grandfather and thank him..."

immensely relieved and thankful, that's just what Elgon did when he got home.
    Screenshot-137_zps77298726.jpg
    "Grandfather, I have newfound respect for you. Not to mention understanding. I see now why you live in a separate home...."

Elgon could not wait for his son to get home and share the news.
    Screenshot-127_zps3998c6be.jpg
    "The council has given it's official approval of your freedom...well, since they still had to give approval I guess it's not freedom, but still... You and Candace are a go!"

Jonas was both pleased. Being the good hearted boy that he was, he was very concerned about the approval yet at the same time he knew it would work out. He had endless faith that all things were good and would work out in his favor.
    Screenshot-129_zpse9677982.jpg
    "I knew it would be ok Dad! Thank you so much for helping make it work"

Jonas was starting to think Elgon was more excited about it than he was. Esp when his dad called and invited his girlfriend over to share the news with her as well.
    Screenshot-134_zps4ad642cf.jpg
    "Candace, my dear! you need to come over here. Jonas has something to tell you..."

Jonas listened patiently to his father go on and on about how great this was. I guess it's the victory he never had
    Screenshot-128_zps958e5d76.jpg
    ".....and your great grandfather put so much at risk....."

• Options
    rosiep2010rosiep2010 Posts: 247 Member
    edited May 2014
    Lovely updates!!!
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited May 2014
    yay...so glad things worked out. I did not like that arranged marriage stuff. LOL. Jonas seems like a good, level-headed kid. I hope things work out for him and Candace.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited May 2014
    THREE UPDATES!? Heck yeah! Ill be back in my study break to catch up :)
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wilson has officially got on my good side again, I was cheering for him :) Now all we have to do is get rid of the witch of wife he has and let him find someone better.

So Happy for Jonas and Candace :)

• Options
    HollyhocksFluffHollyhocksFluff Posts: 884 Member
    edited May 2014
    Holy moses, how the heck did Wilson get paired with Emmaline? I hope he wasn't still being punished for having an out-of-wedlock-half-fairy baby in his... younger youth. Wow those fairys seem to just live forever.

I LOVE that Candace is Liam's kid. I know a lot of people have wrath for Liam, but I think he's super cute and sweet. I have another game where my founder marries him. They just keep having the cutest ginger babies.

Poor Candace, meeting Elgon in his underwear, aye yie yie... Very happy for the young couple. Still a great story!

Also thrilled for Wind's upcoming addition to the family! Must be all that making up for extramarital flirting to her new hubs.
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited May 2014
    Candace my dear... hehe. Wow Jonas is sooo cute! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SOnet104SOnet104 Posts: 487 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes for Candace. But please can someone KILL Emmaline. She is a pain in the butt for ALL her family. Wilson need to get free of that women. No wonder he is insane and flirt with his daughter ( :D Sometimes)
    325-sometme-she-would-stay-at-cstore-reading2.jpg?w=321
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm so glad very hung worked out for Jonas and Candace. They're so cute together!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I know! Emmaline is such a pain but I keep her because it's so fun to watch her cause trouble. She reminds me of Ellen Towner (if you were part of the old A&E crew, you know who I mean)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Candace showed up a while later, A little nervous being called by her boyfriend's father..
    Screenshot-148_zps6f522b45.jpg
    "Thanks for coming over! Don't be scared. Dad's just excited about what the Council decided. You know how they like pairing people up and dictating marriages? Well thanks to Great Grandfather, they have agreed to back off. I don't know if it's just for us but isn't it a great step forward?"

Elgon, who was more excited than the teens were, was ranting about how great it was and how happy everyone would be. In his mind, Candace was already part of the family.
    Screenshot-144_zps23657193.jpg
    "I just want you to know that you're welcome any time, all the time. You have my permission to stay the night!"
    Screenshot-142_zps5a282360.jpg

Needless to say, Candace was super embarrassed!
    Screenshot-141_zps635858e2.jpg

Jonas was very aware of how his father's enthusiasm was creating an awkward situation.
    Screenshot-145_zps5c11d4e0.jpg
    "Sorry for my dad. He's trying to live vicariously and it's totally creepy! He means well. He's not always this weird." Whispered Jonas

Candace didn't want to make Elgon feel bad and she could totally relate to embarrassing family moments.
    Screenshot-143_zps02eb4952.jpg
    "Thanks for accepting me Mr Solo..."
    "Call me Elgon. No! Call me DAD! Too much? hahah"

Thankfully Elgon got a call from Wind asking him to come over right away. He gave the young couple a big wink as he walked out the door.
    Screenshot-147_zpsb1c9f161.jpg
    "So......wanna stay the night with me?"

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Teenagers being teenagers didn't waste much time putting an empty house to use
    Screenshot-146_zps42849636.jpg

Jonas, ever the romantic, swept Candace off her feet and showed her how to party like a fairy
    Screenshot-149_zpsf5b2af18.jpg
    Screenshot-153_zpsc30f8ce4.jpg
    Screenshot-154_zps5a30cdae.jpg
    "Don't worry. It doesn't hurt. Actually, it kinda tickles. It'll make you able to come into my fairy house with me."
    Screenshot-155_zpsfd066df3.jpg

Screenshot-150_zps71d3e821.jpg
    If it's a rockin, don't come a knockin

Bonus shots:
    sleeping in a fairy house as a non fairy looks uncomfortable
    Screenshot-152_zps72cd2c9b.jpg
    perhaps a more traditional way would be better?
    Screenshot-157_zpsc1c29ca9.jpg

Wind and Fabian had a human baby boy. Meet Brenton
    Screenshot-156_zpsace3c54d.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Oh Elgon had me laughing, seems Jonas had a point
    "Sorry for my dad. He's trying to live vicariously and it's totally creepy! He means well. He's not always this weird."

Then you had me laughing at
    If it's a rockin, don't come a knockin

I totally LOVED this update.
  • Options
    Shafer249Shafer249 Posts: 302 Member
    edited May 2014
    Awesome story. Hope the council will stay out of the way of Jonas's child as well. And hopefully little Brenton's life too. Congrats to Wind and Fabian!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm glad I made you laugh SOnet!

Thanks for dropping in Shafer :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Even when life is good an angsty teen will see it differently. Jonas was so in love with Candace he couldn't concentrate on anything else. It affected his studies and his relationship with his father. Elgon finally decided they needed to talk. He had to wait outside for his son to wander home. On nights Candace worked Jonas walked aimlessly through the neighborhood like a lost puppy. It took some work to get past all the 'I'm fine' and 'nothing' comments.
    Screenshot-20_zpsdf33679d.jpg
    "What is going on with you son?"
    Screenshot-19_zps68bf4a54.jpg
    "I know what I want in life. Like, I REALLY know. I'm tired of being told to wait. You married mom when she was still in high school. Why can't Candace and I do that?"
    "....Well that was different. That was arranged. I would not have done it that way if I had had a choice. You wanted to do this your way...so now you have to do it your way without the council. They're the ones that allow pre graduation marriages."

Screenshot-21_zps96d4d7b5.jpg
    "but there's nothing saying you can't prepare for marriage is there? Have you talked with her parents? Gotten their blessing? Chosen where and when you'd want to wedding? I am all for you guys getting married, but without the Council to arrange it, you have to wait until you're both legal adults.Besides, you're so young. Enjoy high school while you can! Real life is not nearly as carefree."

With marriage on his mind Jonas arranged a romantic date Friday night. Friday is date night after all. He got there early and waited impatiently for his girlfriend.
    Screenshot-23_zps2418f1ef.jpg

Candace was just as twitterpated as Jonas
    Screenshot-22_zps4cecd127.jpg
    What a vision! thought Jonas

Commence repetitive romance scene
    Screenshot-24_zps3569b9e5.jpg
    <compliments>
    Screenshot-26_zpsf42b4d80.jpg
    Screenshot-25_zps07494f2f.jpg
    <obligatory floral gift>
    Screenshot-31_zps9ce3530b.jpg
    <mushy sentiments>
    Screenshot-30_zpsb8bab2e4.jpg
    <heart felt promises>
    Screenshot-29_zps0be540db.jpg
    <deep dark secret sharing>
    Screenshot-28_zps85a575d7.jpg
    <more compliments>
    Screenshot-27_zps47e19acf.jpg
    <more promises>
    Screenshot-32_zps071a251b.jpg
    Screenshot-33_zps3f860719.jpg
    Screenshot-34_zps2476a109.jpg
    <post date euphoria>

Screenshot-38_zps0558f77b.jpg
    "Well dad, lets just say it was the best date ever!"

• Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited May 2014
    Jonas and Candace are such a cute couple, I love them :) Elgon had me laughing with the You can stay the night remark. And Congrats to Wind on the baby :) Loved this update!
  • Options
    Shafer249Shafer249 Posts: 302 Member
    edited May 2014
    Aww! Jonas and Cadence are so adorable together. Can't wait : ) for the next installment.
  • Options
    carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    edited May 2014
    Jonas and Candace are such a precious couple.

I had a laugh when Elgon gave them his blessing about sleeping over. Those poor teens. :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Elgon was now very successful and was working on building a rather large nest egg for his son. When he had moved out of his mother's home he had almost no money to his name. He wanted his son to have the life he never did. But all that work meant very little family time. and he could tell by his sons teenage moodiness, that family is just what was needed
    Screenshot-47_zps30690c3e.jpg
    Screenshot-44_zps3341b4fa.jpg
    "After I finish this e-mail you're going to drive me to the festival!"

Like father, like son
    Screenshot-48_zps032db67b.jpg
    cue classic rock music

Screenshot-55_zpsf7ec904a.jpg
    "Dad, I don't really want to be here. It's cold and I'm too old for this stuff!"
    Screenshot-56_zps78d83a0d.jpg
    "Too old for fun? Too old for snowboarding? Too old for Candace...."

It turned out that family fun included is girlfriend!
    Screenshot-54_zpsd5f6a1c9.jpg

Screenshot-52_zpscc13fa53.jpg
    "I bet you can't get me!"
    Screenshot-51_zps83937539.jpg
    "Better watch out, because here I come!"

Turns out going to the festival with the old man isn't so bad after all
    Screenshot-49_zpsfc64868f.jpg
    Screenshot-50_zps67532c63.jpg

Little did Jonas know, but Emmaline's daughter had been sent to the festival as well. With orders to seduce Jonas, or at least cause a rift between him and Candace
    Screenshot-58_zps382a303d.jpg
    (she's not bad looking and it had me rethinking Candace)

She immediately capitalized on the fact that they were both fairies. Unlike Candace...
    Screenshot-60_zpseb71b373.jpg
    She painted a beautiful picture of her dream wedding to a handsome fairy...
    Screenshot-61_zpsf6ab16ac.jpg
    Screenshot-62_zps76bd6f0f.jpg
    And how romantic and perfect it would all be. It seemed Jonas was quite interested in what she had to say. But what she didn't realize was that he was picturing all those things with Candace
    Screenshot-63_zps4d6dec63.jpg

Seeing his girl across the grounds, he couldn't resist going to her and pulling her into a kiss.
    Screenshot-65_zpse571acf9.jpg
    Screenshot-70_zpsce391537.jpg

hmmm, I wonder what she's thinking....
    Screenshot-66_zpsb4f99263.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Bonus pics

Screenshot-40_zpsb3a94c21.jpg

Screenshot-37_zps225bed9b.jpg

Brenton as a child
    Screenshot-43_zps2a85e951.jpg
    Screenshot-42_zpsaddb4b1c.jpg

ice skating with fairies is just not fair!
    Screenshot-68_zps7ee475bc.jpg
    "Wait for me guys!"
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Jonas and Candace make a beautiful couple. Can't wait to see their little ones.
    ice skating with fairies is just not fair!

"Wait for me guys!"

Yes, it does look like those fairies are a little bit of racist.
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited May 2014
    all caught up...

Jonas is a kid on a mission. He's ready to get married and settle down now. All that teen woo-hoo, let's hope Elgon taught him about doing it safely!

And Emmaline just won't quit. And seriously, sent her own daughter. Um...isn't that a little too close on family ties and such. Kinda creepy!
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg