Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Floating object unable to delete it...... help **SOLVED**

As I was reworking my world Notchcliff Isles I noticed a set of windsurfers floating up in the air. Trying to delete these items gave me the unable to delete lot or global objects message. they are located over a road so I know there was never a lot there so is there a way to delete these items without having to completely start the world over?
My World's thread linked in Sig
NewSig.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi :)

Hm... does it give a lot number or anything else?

Was it the lot or global layer message?

Did you have a lot with the items on it? You can check the lot in EIG...

• Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited September 2013
    The message is "Cannot delete a game object belonging to a lot or the global layer in this mode. Please use Edit in Game mode"... problem is there is no Lot there for me to delete these items. I never had a lot in the area where these objects are but three windsurfers are sitting up floating in the air. I do get a object id when I select them but no lot number.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2013
    The lot doesn't have to be there... it could have been moved or deleted- I wouldn't even think CAW couldn't mess up. ;)

Was there ever a lot in the world with a windsurfer- not just there but anywhere? :)

If it's on your World layer then click on the object- press the space bar and a popup will appear saying something like, Show item in layers. Click on that. Your layers will open up to show the item.

It won't be highlighted but if you click on an open space in the layer area it will then highlight the item. (I'll get a picture to show you) :)
    Or, if there's not many objects on your world layer you can run down each item until that one lights up (the bounding box of the object will turn white) and you can move it to a new layer. Click on the item listed in the layer- not on the world- and drag it to a new layer.

Just deleting it there won't actually remove it... it will come back the next time you open the world. What you need to do it move the windsurfers near a lot, slide the lot over them (or place a new lot over them), open EIG- go to the lot and grab the windsurfers.
    You should be able to delete them there... should.

There's another way if it's on the Global Layer but it has to do with changing the Global layer to an older layer that doesn't have them attached. It's easy to do but can mess up your world if you have houseboats on the Global layer. :)

But, if it's on a lot- clicking on it and the show will let you see which lot it's on. :)

Let me know if I confused you or if I didn't explain something well enough. Or if something didn't work. :D

To find objects in layers-
    2edpnaw.jpg"width=650"
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited September 2013
    That got it thanks Rflong7 ..... found out which lot it was on and deleted the lot... surfers are gone (did not know that objects from downloaded lots could end up being place almost 50 - 75 squares away from the lot) but dayum looks like I am going to have to attempt to build my own resort this should be interesting... :lol:
    NewSig.jpg