Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDELETABLE STORE COLLECTION FOLDERS BUG MADE WORSE WITH PATCH 1.63

UPDATE! THE STORE TEAM KNOWS ABOUT THE BUG NOW!!
10wsb2p.png

I recently had to reinstall my entire Sims 3 collection on a new, fancy computer. When I went to check if everything from my back-up transferred correctly, I noticed that I had not one, not two, but FOUR undeletable collection folders in my Collection tab of Build/Buy Mode. If you go through this thread, you'll discover that these folders don't contain all the assets from the sets/venues that they were created for.

Today, I went looking for the Country Livin' mini-collection you could use in Buy Mode if you have the option to have the Store on while in your game. (Or in my case, even while you have that option turned off... :roll: ) That's when I noticed something even more interesting.

The mini collection I previously had to help me find, sort, and locate all the items in the Country Livin' set had vanished! The items were still there, but that little mini-collection wasn't.

I think what is going on with this bug is that something is messing up within the game itself. Whenever a new EP/SP is installed (as was the original case) or if the data is transferred from a back-up (which is my current case), there's something in the launcher that causes some of the DLC sets to be confused as incomplete collection folders.

The only way to fix this is with another Store Patch. This time, however, make it so that these mini-collections that come up when you buy a set or venue from the store don't break and create undeleteable folders in the Collection area. (You can't delete the mini-collections in Sort by Room unless you uninstall the DLC.) I don't know if anyone is left on the TS3 Store team who could do this, since the focus is now on TS4, but maybe a modder will see this and fix it for us?

In the mean time, the best that I can do is just "delete" those folders temporarily in the game so that my Collections folder is a little neater during that game play session.

!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!

I did a test today, and it looks like I'm right. It does have to do with the Store Collection feature they gave us when you sort your Buy Objects by Room.

When I uninstalled my DLC, the Undeleteable Collection Folders went away. I slowly installed all my DLC all over again, and noticed that the two sets and two venues I have installed the collection folders again as I reinstalled them. Interestingly enough, all the items still showed up in Build/Buy mode.

The four DLC packs for my game are as follows:

Stones Throw Greenhouse
The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire
Country Livin'
Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes

If anyone else is seeing this issue, please report it. Hopefully something will be done to fix this before the final patch is released and we find ourselves on our own.

!!!!!PATCH 1.63 UPDATE!!!!!

This bug absolutely EXPLODED when I installed this new patch. Here's a complete list of the new sets that I now have to delete from my Collection tab thanks to this bug.

Luxe Kidswear
Dreams of India
JetSet Teens
Fanciful Fashions & Hairstyle
JetSet
The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft
Runway Riot
JetSet Elders
Victorian Fashions
Ragtime in the Big Easy
Romanza Bridal Party
Wild Wears

This needs to get fixed. This is getting annoying for my OCD.

UPDATE NOV. 1, 2013

Got some more sets showing up as incomplete/empty Collection folders. Here's the new ones:

Grim's Manor
Farm Fresh Folk Set
Skylight Studios for the Performing Arts
Business as Usual Bistro
Surf's Up Fun and Sun Collection

UPDATE NOV. 8, 2013

*sigh* Grandpa's Grove automatically added itself to this growing list of sets being shoved into the collection folder area. :(

UPDATE JAN. 31, 2014

Add the Year of the Horse set to my list of sets that show up in the Collection tab...

UPDATE FEB. 4, 2014 (AKA The Sims 14th Birthday!)

And the Homecoming CAS set I was gifted in celebration of The Sims' 14th Birthday has added itself to the ever-growing list...

UPDATE FEB. 6, 2014

The Prism Art School has added itself to my list as well... :roll: This is starting to become quite the annoying end to an already frustrating chapter in The Sims franchise.

After installing Island Paradise, I noticed that I have three collection folders from Store DLC that I can't delete. (Those items are already in their own folders, so the duplicated folders are annoying.)

Specifically, I have a collection folder for the Ren. Faire venue, the Greenhouse venue, and the Lullaby set.

These three folders in the Collections menu CANNOT BE DELETED! Every time I delete them, they just pop back up again when I load my game again.

Am I the only one that has come across this bug or does anyone else have this issue as well?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't know if I have this issue or not.
  • Options
    JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited July 2013
    I get them as well, sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't. I don't have to big of an issue with them though, because I can't always find something that I want in game... Even if I am looking through sets I have a hard time so having the collections folders is easier for me. I wish they'd do that for all venues and worlds (the things that are a bit tougher to classify). I hope that makes sense. :)
    edited because my phone auto corrected hope to hippie. :?
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't mind having them except they don't have all the items in them. :(
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited July 2013
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    After installing Island Paradise, I noticed that I have three collection folders from Store DLC that I can't delete. (Those items are already in their own folders, so the duplicated folders are annoying.)

Specifically, I have a collection folder for the Ren. Faire venue, the Greenhouse venue, and the Lullaby set.

These three folders in the Collections menu CANNOT BE DELETED! Every time I delete them, they just pop back up again when I load my game again.

Am I the only one that has come across this bug or does anyone else have this issue as well?

Yes, I cannot delete them, either. I think it's great that they made them for us, but we should be able to delete them if we don't want them. Not happy about that.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited July 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:

Yes, I cannot delete them, either. I think it's great that they made them for us, but we should be able to delete them if we don't want them. Not happy about that.
    Yeah... they let us delete the collection folders that come with each EP since they were introduced (which I do because, let's face it, if I need something specific to an EP, I'm using the Filter in Build/Buy), so why can't they do that with the Store DLC Collection folders they've given us now?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, and you can't even move them around either. I've tried sorting into alphabetical order with my other sets - no go.

It wouldn't be so bad if the collections they've given us actually contain all the items that they should.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, and you can't even move them around either. I've tried sorting into alphabetical order with my other sets - no go.
    Whoa, really? I haven't even thought about doing that.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Hey, has anyone tried looking into the actual Collection folder that is in My Documents to figure out which files these sets are creating?

If so, what happens if you delete the three files from that folder? Do they just regenerate or are they gone forever?
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have the new greenhouse folder and I can't move it either. It's just stuck where it is. I like to group my sets a certain way and it's in the way of that.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I reinstalled my collection of Sims 3 titles on to a new computer and was testing out the stability of my saved game when I noticed I now have a FOURTH Collection folder from the store that can't be deleted or moved.

Does anyone on what remains of the Sims 3 developer team know about this bug and can issue a fix? It's getting annoying how I have to delete these folders but they won't stay deleted.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited September 2013
    amjoie wrote:

Agreed.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I did a test today, and it looks like I'm right. It does have to do with the Store Collection feature they gave us when you sort your Buy Objects by Room.

When I uninstalled my DLC, the Undeleteable Collection Folders went away. I slowly installed all my DLC all over again, and noticed that the two sets and two venues I have installed the collection folders again as I reinstalled them. Interestingly enough, all the items still showed up in Build/Buy mode.

Stones Throw Greenhouse
    Country Livin'

If anyone else is seeing this issue, please report it. Hopefully something will be done to fix this before the final patch is released and we find ourselves on our own.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ZeekSlider wrote:

Stones Throw Greenhouse
    Country Livin'

OK, that's bad. EA Store Team, please look into this. We have a real glitch, here. In the future, the store will not need to market all its wares, but our game will stay glitched for posterity, if this is not fixed, now.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    amjoie wrote:

OK, that's bad. EA Store Team, please look into this. We have a real glitch, here. In the future, the store will not need to market all its wares, but our game will stay glitched for posterity, if this is not fixed, now.

That's the thing, I don't know if it can be fixed. The issue popped up for me and several others after Island Paradise was released, and with Into the Future being so close now, this may be the last patch we get once that EP comes out. Even the second patch to IP didn't fix several of the big game-busting bugs like the resetting Underwater Caves cause.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ZeekSlider wrote:

Stones Throw Greenhouse

Yup, those are precisely the two that constantly re-appear in my game; I can't get rid of them.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:

Stones Throw Greenhouse

Yup, those are precisely the two that constantly re-appear in my game; I can't get rid of them.
    Well, at least that's been confirmed.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't have the other two sets, but at least that saves me from more unwanted collection folders! :lol:

It's annoying, cuz I already have my own collection folders for all my Store content. If EA had made collection folders for their store stuff AS SOON AS THE ABILITY WENT LIVE, then I wouldn't care, you know? That's what we were ASKING for them to do, and they just ignored everyone. Then when they DID start making their collections, it was some craziness in Buy Mode just glaring all golden at the corners of our screen. I don't like the way they work since those loads very slowly, and the window doesn't stay open for my convenience while I'm picking and choosing. So yeah--kinda useless.

So we simmers went at it so long having to Do It Yourself that I'm now used to my personalized collections, especially since EA's are flawed and don't even include everything. :roll: :lol:

It's just a little too late in the game to start shoving glitchy collection folders down people's throats. We've got tons of Store collection file creators already, who've pretty much catalogued the entire store FOR YOU, EA. BadRomance999, AznSensei, and my angel MrHawk pummel out collections on the regular. Thanks for the effort, EA, but they've got it covered.

Please concentrate on fixing more important things at the Store, like the broken fountains/hottubs, and wall objects that STILL don't slide on walls, and all the missing stencils on nearly EVERYTHING you've created (omg I hate EA for that ALONE, lol), and that daggone Storybook mantle clock that can't actually sit on any mantles. :lol:

If you want to fix something, fix that Launcher already.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    At this point, they may not fix anything at all, since... you know, everyone is focused on Sims 4 now. After the last patch and EP are released, we may be on our own. Especially with that "as is" clause attached to all DLC.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    IKR. :x
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    !!!!!PATCH 1.63 UPDATE!!!!!

This bug absolutely EXPLODED when I installed this new patch. Here's a complete list of the new sets that I now have to delete from my Collection tab thanks to this bug.

Luxe Kidswear
    Dreams of India
    JetSet Teens
    Fanciful Fashions & Hairstyle
    JetSet
    The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft
    Runway Riot
    JetSet Elders
    Victorian Fashions
    Ragtime in the Big Easy
    Romanza Bridal Party
    Wild Wears

This needs to get fixed. This is getting annoying for my OCD.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    EA, please put this on your list of things that must get fixed before you put TS3 to bed!

I use collections folders almost exclusively for my content while building and redecorating. I do not want to have all these collections I can't move or delete in front of what I do want to use.

This will be a DAILY irritation for me. Please do something to remove these collection folders, or fix the glitch.

NOTE: Zeekslider, please shorten your subject title. I had to manually shorten it in this reply in order to be able to post -- otherwise I got a 404 page.
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited October 2013
    hm...since i keep MANY back up full sims 3 folders....i just checked..and mine only went up from

27.2 KB to
    28.7 KB
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Jenieusa wrote:
    hm...since i keep MANY back up full sims 3 folders....i just checked..and mine only went up from

27.2 KB to
    28.7 KB

I find that hard to believe. I own a good chunk of the store, and with all my saved games and custom lots and what-not... my Sims 3 folder is 21 gigs. The DCCache folder alone is 4.1GB.

The Collection Folder is barely 1MB, the bulk of which is taken up with user created Collection folders that the game saves as package files. There are some SIG files in that folder as well, but the dates they were last modified are the same dates when I first installed a specific EP or SP. That means that the SIG files may just be the collection folders created by EA for things like the horse set for Pets or the furniture associated with France for WA.
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited October 2013
    Ok, you can delete these collection manually through the Launcher, just look for every set pic and uninstall them. They are already there since day 1 but only after we have Featured Sets had TS3 team enabled these automatic collections, basically they are only markers that let you know which sets you've already installed. No harm at all.
    This is my fav feature, because I don't care to make/download manual collections :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:
    Ok, you can delete these collection manually through the Launcher, just look for every set pic and uninstall them. They are already there since day 1 but only after we have Featured Sets had TS3 team enabled these automatic collections, basically they are only markers that let you know which sets you've already installed. No harm at all.
    This is my fav feature, because I don't care to make/download manual collections :)

If you do that, don't you uninstall all the items in that particular set? That's how it used to work when I had to do the manual uninstall through the launcher in the past. These days, if I have to reinstall anything, I just delete the DCCache folder. (FYI, doing that doesn't fix this bug. I tried that after I noticed I had four undeletable collection folders.)