March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IP Caw Version 1.18.46 Up! Discussion & Troubleshooting Thread

Island Paradise Tuts

Sims BR's Tutorial: How to Place Diving Spots in Other Worlds by mcrudd EA IP Forum
Guide to Houseboats in game & in CAW by SimGuruSemedi EA IP Forum
IP Caw Version 1.18.46 Up! Discussion & Troubleshooting Thread by the Community EA Caw Forum
Quick Stilted Foundation Guide to Fitting Lots onto Water by Joolster EA Creative Corner Forum
Tutorial: How to Make Hidden Islands by nikel23 @ MTS
The Sims 3 Island Paradise Fog Emitter Codes @ Sims Globe
How to set House Boats in Caw by Monsoon @ MTS

XXX by
XXX by
XXX by
XXX by

My first post on this thread:
IP Caw Version 1.18.46 Up, Discussion & Troubleshooting Thread

New Lot Available!

VySte63.jpg

I haven't tried it yet, too excited :lol: I had to let everyone know.

Comments

• fembodfembod Posts: 654 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wow do I have to uninstall, re-download and install to get that?
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yup. :D

Okay, I can't figure out how to use it!

Once I select a size and click "OK" The screen immediately turns blue, with a red lot outline. I can't seem to move it, or see where it's at.

R71xdAH.jpg
    edited June 2013
    If i pan out, the lots are sitting in the water. I can move them with the move tool.

iamYT9R.jpg
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2013
    Nice, can't wait to try it out, thanks for telling us :)

ETA: I always thought that the houseboat bases were objects... maybe they are and it won't actually work in CAW yet until you have the EP installed to add the objects?
  • Shanna1986Shanna1986 Posts: 121 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hurray! I've been dying to get those new over water lots and stilted foundations into my CAW project! I played around with the new patch last night, it worked surprisingly well.

I'm wondering about the version number though. When I go to install it says I have version 1.19 and this new one is 1.18. That's what it's supposed to be?
    edited June 2013
    Shanna1986 wrote:

I'm wondering about the version number though. When I go to install it says I have version 1.19 and this new one is 1.18. That's what it's supposed to be?

They've done this before. Gone down, then back up. So, yes we're going from University Patch # 1.19.4 to Island Paradise Patch # 1.18.46.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2013
    auntielynds you're my CAW superstar!!! :D I'm desperate to try out the new foundations and lots on water but I'm too scared to patch. :? I've been working on my world for months now and I'm afraid of losing it! Thanks for making this thread, I'm glad to see it's working well for you. I'm so excited about the houseboats tool!!! :D

edit: is there any sign that it's possible to place dive lots?
  • Shanna1986Shanna1986 Posts: 121 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Ah good to know, thanks! Off to try it out!
  • aynat134aynat134 Posts: 638 Member
    edited June 2013
    edit: is there any sign that it's possible to place dive lots?

When I was messing around they have EP10 diving listed in the community lot catalog.....along with port and resort....but I havent had a chance to go into game and see what becomes of placing it. I added it to my world but then kids started yelling....I will try to load it up later....I would think you can do something with it or why would they add it to CAW. I know they said no....but maybe they changed thier minds....IDK!
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi everyone, I am so excited they got CAW patched so quickly. I am trying it out and this is what I found:

The houseboat lot I placed showed up not only offset from where I drew the lot, but off-world! When I moved it to the water within my world, it showed up underwater:

nk5b.png

I think what Callum9432 says about houseboats being world objects that we need the game for is probably right.

I was really excited to see that when I placed a lot partly on land and partly in the water, the color of the water didn't go away:

g70q.png

And then I placed a lot totally in the water and the terrain was automatically raised:

us3j.png

SO, if we are trying to make dive lots, maybe this is how the lots will look in CAW until we get it into edit-in-game and can lower the terrain. I think in one of the blog posts they said that they didn't know if we'd be able to make our own dive lots in CAW but we could maybe figure it out... something about getting the elevation right? Sorry I'm kinda new at this CAW thing and new to this community so maybe you all have already talked about that :)

EDIT: WAIT! So cool. When I placed a lot totally in the ocean again, I made it a community dive lot and the terrain remained submerged!!!
  • aynat134aynat134 Posts: 638 Member
    edited June 2013
    I just went and checked....the lot is submerged but nothing can be placed on it.....
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am afraid to patch too. I am just wondering if they fixed the play/pause function in EIG?
    I am also not sure if I am completely patched..? I don't have University. I don't even know if I am patched for that or even if I should patch for the Uni patch. Would it mess up my CAW if I patch for Uni and don't have it installed? :oops:
  • ElessieElessie Posts: 19
    edited June 2013
    Looks like you still can't unpause.
  • MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited June 2013
    Just saying...

Screenshot-10-11_zps4f4e8ed5.jpg
  • betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Just saying...

Screenshot-10-11_zps4f4e8ed5.jpg
    Omg yes!!
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited June 2013
    Elessie wrote:
    Looks like you still can't unpause.

Yay =/ Thanks for the info. =]

MrCrumplebottom looks good maybe I will d/l, heck with it lol x.X
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yay! This is going to be so fun! :D
    edited June 2013
    I think you should be okay tic, but you know there's no absolutes with caw. :roll:

All the house boat lots I place get plopped down out of bounds. I thought maybe my water wasn't deep enough, so I made a 300 height world, raised the land and the water level at least 2/3 up, but the lots are still placed out of bounds. And just like Aminovas said, if you move them, they sink.

F7i0Idn.jpg"width=250"RQHss0L.jpg"width=250"

Then a light bulb went off! What if you need a functioning dock lot, and if you don't have one, the lots get tossed out of bounds?

Now I've tried placing a lot, marking it as Community Dock, placed a pier, but still the house boat lots get tossed out. Has anybody found a new object that would be placed on a pier for embarkation, and debarkation between the two lots?

I can't find anything.

Like on this pic from IP:

GrA9xj5.jpg
    edited June 2013
    AuntieLynds, I knew you'd be thinking this through... I have not found such an object, but I imagine as was said earlier about the houseboats, that functionality probably only comes with Island Paradise :?

We shall see, I suppose...
    edited June 2013
    SO EXCITED

For about 5 minutes I was creating a dive lot! And then I got bounced out and floating above the water...

SO, I just jumped into CAW and made a quick world... deep ocean some terrain, place a dive lot in the deep and a house boat which again showed up off world, this time ABOVE the water, but with no hull:
    nmvn.png

Threw it into the game... found it off world, but with now hull. Where do we get the hulls?
    gcz7.png

Next up, dive lots: Clicked on my dive lot site, found myself floating above the water. Clicked down a floor (it showed I was on the top floor) and then suddenly I was under water.

8pf8.png
    3qw.png
    I was able to place some objects!
    But then I got bounced out and couldn't get back into it... I couldn't replicate getting back to the underwater editing until I exited from editing the lot and loaded it again. At one point it seemed like just zooming into the water got me underneath, but otherwise it pretty certainly is accessed by click to the lowest story/level/floor.

As a side note... I can never get edit-in-game to load. It just goes to the launcher. I was really hoping that installing the latest patch and Island Paradise would fix that... I've been through most of the forums problem solving it to no avail, but now that this hasn't solved my issue I'm going to dig into that literature again and try to get it working.
    edited March 2014
    I've opened it up in caw and found a few interesting things I thought I'd share.

Here is the edge of the world with the fog off so you can see the ocean floor. You can see there is a distant terrain of islands that circle the world base. I could not find the DT in the metadata. I'll have a better look, but I can make a .package to enable it in caw if we can't find it.

6l5yTKe.jpg

Another view. In the above pic you can see the purple object boxes for the cloud cover.

JeyvE4c.jpg

House Boats
    They are all lined up at the edge of the map. I'm going to do some more fiddling with these.

lmmiVva.jpg

This is what the births of the house boats look like. The hulls are there. Makes me think they automatically plop in place when you export?

FiW6WrH.jpg

Dive Lots
    This is what they look like in Caw. The terrain is sculpted, and painted, but no visible objects. However, there are those red lot object boxes all over them.

WWuRTFY.jpg

Here is the xyz coordinates for the dive lot, and the water level so we can work out the depth needed. (I haven't done the math yet. :lol: )

Dive lot:
    bxkTmW0.jpg

Water Level:
    4vm2dP8.jpg

Hidden Islands
    There is a purple object marker beside every hidden island.

MSuJW08.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • JollisterJollister Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if this has been mentioned else-where but I was able to find that object that you were talking about, auntielynds.
    The one that's attached to the port.
    I tried finding it in EIG in CAW but was unable to figure it out so I loaded up the game and decided to try and use the eyedropper tool to see if it would pull up the location of that connector. That didn't work, it kept showing me all of the Community objects and it's definitely not in there. I opened buydebug and there it is!
    It's called Gangway Style. It does have a 22x16 square that extends off of it that is reserved for house boats of all sizes so that will be important when placing the lot for the port. :)
  • SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited June 2013
    Ba-bing! Figured out the house boat thing in CAW! :) Pretty sure anyway... So what I did is a put in a lot in my world, and then put it as a port. Built a small dock and used the gateway in Buydebug to place. Then CTRL + Shift click the object and you can set and dock a house boat. Then on the blue square, you can put the house boat. Before doing that you need to place one of each house boat type lots in CAW randomly and it just pulls from that! =D YEY!
    edited June 2013
    Cool!

I'm going to try a real quick island world with docks and boats. See what happens on export.
  • SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited June 2013
    Actually just another note - easier. So before loading in game to edit I added one lot of each house boat lot just randomly in their own layer. Then I created a dock, added that gateway and then went out and loaded a boat. Then it worked! You need to have the lots added in CAW before loading EIG.