March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot Types in The Sims 3 (Up to University)

ThomsonJamieThomsonJamie Posts: 392 New Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Hi, I haven't seen a full one elsewhere so I thought I'd make a list of all the lot types we have available (up to UL). I tried to order them by EP but if I missed any just let me know. :)

Residential
01. Regular lot
02. Ownable Lot (WA)
03. Non-Player Sims Only (WA)
04. Apartment Building (UL)

Community
05. Small Park
06. Large Park
07. Hangout
08. Fishing Spot
09. Beach
10. Cemetery
11. Pool
12. Gym
13. Library
14. Art Gallery
15. Academy (WA)
16. Base Camp (WA)
17. Small Market (WA)
18. Large Market (WA)
19. Hidden Tomb (WA)
20. Landmark Tomb (WA)
21. Nectary (WA)
22. Chinese Garden (WA)
23. Consignment Store (AMB)
24. Fire Station (AMB)
25. Laundromat (AMB)
26. Junkyard (AMB)
27. Salon (AMB)
28. Dive Bar (LN)
29. Local Watering Hole (LN)
30. Poolside Bar (LN)
31. Dance Club (LN)
32. Exclusive Lounge (LN)
33. Fusion Lounge (LN)
34. Vampire Lounge (LN) - Also added in Supernatural
35. Sports Bar (LN)
36. Dog Park (PETS)
37. Cat Jungle (PETS)
38. Horse Training Grounds (PETS)
39. Coffeehouse (SHT)
40. Live Show Venue (SHT)
41. Private Show Venue (SHT)
42. Big Show Venue (SHT)
43. Karaoke Bar (SHT)
44. Supernatural Hangout (SN)
45. Elixir Store (SN)
46. Festival Grounds (SEASONS)
47. Arcade (UL)
48. Java Hut (UL)
49. Rebel Hangout (UL)
50. University Hangout (UL)
51. Student Union Building (UL)
52. Science Proving Ground (UL)
53. Sorority (UL)
54. Fraternity (UL)
55. Mixed Dormitory (UL)
56. Pet Store (With PETS limited edition)

Rabbithole Buildings
Some EP rabbitholes are combined (e.g. school/stadium)
57. Town Hall
58. School
59. Supermarket
60. Bookstore
61. Spa
62. Theatre
63. Business Offices
64. Science Lab
65. Hospital
66. Diner
67. Bistro
68. Police Department
69. Military Base
70. Criminal Hideout
71. Stadium
72. Mausoleum
73. Subway Station (LN)
74. Film Studio (LN)
75. Equestrian Centre (PETS)
76. Student Administration Building (UL)
77. School of Fine Arts (UL)
78. School of Business (UL)
79. School of Science (UL)
80. School of Physical Education (UL)
81. Skydiving Centre (With the Ford Focus store set)

Misc.
82. Visitors Allowed
83. No Visitors Allowed
84. Junkyard with No Visitors (AMB)

Hope this might help some people - I always miss lots! :)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited April 2013
    Thank you so much, I really needed a list with all the lot types and RHs :D
  • ThomsonJamieThomsonJamie Posts: 392 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Nilxis wrote:
    Thank you so much, I really needed a list with all the lot types and RHs :D

No bother. Happy to help :)
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    Handy! I keep making paper lists and loosing them! :lol: So this will be helpful. :D
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited April 2013
    Nice, popping it in the FAQ under "Lots"
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2013
    Did I just miss it, or was Academy on there - we tend to called it the Dojo, but the game calls it the Academy (for martial arts) WA. Oh and the Supernatural Hangout, Hall of Antiquity, Fairy Arboreum.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,987 Member
    edited April 2013
    ThomsonJamie

Thanks, but in addition to the ones Writin_Reg mention, you also seem to have forgotten to list the comic book story. Might also want to mention that some of the rabbit holes are sometimes combined with other rabbit holes.

Man there is a ton of different lot designations.
    edited April 2013
    Oh - It seems I did miss a few! :p

Writin_Reg - I'm adding Academy now, Supernatural Hangout is already there :)
    Are the Hall of Antiquity and Fairy Arboreum rabbit holes? I tend not to play Supernatural.

I'll add the combined rabbit holes comment to the top too, Damien :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,987 Member
    edited April 2013
    ThomsonJamie,

Thanks, but you still forgot to include the comic book store on the list.
    edited April 2013
    Damienf519 wrote:
    ThomsonJamie,

Thanks, but you still forgot to include the comic book store on the list.

I didn't, it's called 'nerd shop' :)

ETA: p o o p, I included it in my draft but forgot to add it to this list. I'll do it tomorrow when I can use my computer (ipad text editing is suicidally fiddly)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is great, very useful thankyou.

Where you've got 'apartment building' listed as number 4 in the residential ones - is this different from the apartments that came with LN? I didn't know we got anything like that with UL.

Could somebody please explain what you can do with them?
  • steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is great, very useful thankyou.

Where you've got 'apartment building' listed as number 4 in the residential ones - is this different from the apartments that came with LN? I didn't know we got anything like that with UL.

Could somebody please explain what you can do with them?

Apartment lots will react like the dorms in the university world, with random NPCs moving in. Instead of buying the lot, Sims will simply pay a weekly rent.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2013
    The Hall of Antiquity, The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan, and the Fairy Emporium are rabbitholes - the Hall of Antiquity - get your sim Elixir study and supernatural studies. There are a variety of beneficial things for fairy in the Arboreum, and of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan is also a career as well as a number of things offered to visitors - but yes all three are rabbitholes.

Just to add on the UL apartment type lot you can use that as a designated rooming house or even hotel type building that your sim can even own and get rent or just live at and pay rent in the regular world - on campus though they are dorms and cannot be owned and no one pays rent as long as the lot type is residential - apartment. The LN type apartments do not put on lots listed as Residential apartments - as the residential apartments are strickly for the dorm type apartments. rooming house type of things and do not use any markers or anything the LN apts use. Nothing is blacked out and the residential apts need to be made on the order of a rooming house - dorm type thing with separate bedrooms for each tenant with shared everything else. The only special doors on these are the bedroom doors in a rooming house or dorm type apartment. Also these type is limited to 8 sims - as far as I know anyway. Someone also told me you can't have pets in these type of apartments - just like you can't have pets at Uni - but I have not tested this - so I do not know.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited May 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    The Hall of Antiquity, The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan, and the Fairy Emporium are rabbitholes - the Hall of Antiquity - get your sim Elixir study and supernatural studies. There are a variety of beneficial things for fairy in the Arboreum, and of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan is also a career as well as a number of things offered to visitors - but yes all three are rabbitholes.
    quote]

I am really not being picky - but if someone is looking for it in buydebug - it is "The VAULT of Antiquity", "Fae's Aboretorum" and "🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon"
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi everyone!
    I have discovered, that most of the lot-types are having own number viewable in S3PE under _XML line (lotResSubType or lotComSubType).
    I needed for my own purpose make order in this, because in my italian game I have 2x "Discoteca" (Disco), 2x "Campo base" (Base Camp), 2x "Caffetteria" and I was never sure, which lot is which.
    I've made one lot for each lot assignment in CAW (I don't know another way how to get english names :oops: ), installed world in fabbric clean folder and exported all lots from it.
    I don't feel to post it here in forum due my horrible english, but if is someone interested, I have made blog on this site (April2014) which contains number of lotCom/ResSubType (seen in S3PE); english name (settings in CAW) and italian name (seen in game or knowledges) for each lot assignment.
    (Sorry for 4 blogs, but sims3.com allows only 5000 characters for blog).
    Feel free to use it, I'll be happy for maybe some topic containing those informations and maybe complete informations about objects recquired for each lot for have lot working correctly, which purpose has each lot in game, is useable in homeworld or not, usw. - only if you want, it's on you. (I'm not making request, but if someone want use it, add something from you, if you'll repost it somewhere).
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top