Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 seasons keeps crashing.... PLEASE HELP!

Comments

• Options
    Kbutterc20939Kbutterc20939 Posts: 29
    edited November 2012
    @AMariseS, thank you for the links, they did seem to help :D
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited November 2012
    My game completely unplayable.

It was working last week. Then I log into my game & open my save and it is impossibly slow. Just constant freezing.

I decide to uninstall the whole game & do a 100% clean install. The game crashes in live mode now.
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited November 2012
    I completelty forgot about the Error code 12 (from base game) and now it came back. Besides, I can't get past summer because my game crashes frequently.

I'm so disappointed with this game. I will not buy any other expansion pack again. :evil:
  • Options
    Unmistakeable70Unmistakeable70 Posts: 11
    edited November 2012
    OMG! I have the base,World Adventures,Supernatural, all in perfect working order until...Seasons..purchased for digital download, and when I say I have been through 7 days of different reps and being escalated without a resolution as to why I was getting the "ts3ep08.exe has stopped working" error or finally on day 4 it went to where I could select the town I wanted to play in and then it prompted for a disc!! Day 7 and with what everyone has suggested I do I finally got fed up and reset my entire laptop!! Origin worked perfectly for the download and install, BUT STILL WILL NOT LAUNCH THE GAME FROM THE LAUNCHER!!! I turned off Norton and it allowed it to stay in the tray, STILL NO GAME PLAY HAPPENING!! I am completely patched and driver updated! I am sooo over typing my issues to origin help that I am buying a ps3 and going to another console, PC based games are much to difficult and picky when it comes to one corrupted file etc....I got a refund on Season..loved it for Sims 2,but there is some thing wrong with this expansion or Origin. :(
  • Options
    killerpoetkillerpoet Posts: 238 Member
    edited November 2012
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    ANMonte87ANMonte87 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Don't they test this stuff before releasing it! no wonder it is always full of bugs!

I cant even get into play. I make a family and move them into the house, as soon as its finished loading the move it closes without warning.

I'm done buying EA games for a while. Until they release a sims game that doesnt need mods to run properly and several patches with every expantion just to be playable, i will find other games to play.
  • Options
    punkink63punkink63 Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    im having the same trouble and i don't even have the seasons game yet and i also cannot save my game either gives me the error code 12 now when i get on all my save games are gone so sick off all this trouble got a brnd new computer to just to play all my sims 3 games and this happens this really sucks ever since the updates i haven't been able to play :cry:

• Options
    OrionAngel5OrionAngel5 Posts: 126 Member
    edited November 2012
    killerpoet wrote:
    okay so PLEASE PLEASE guys, can someone tell me to do something that might help/solve my situation! I apologise for being so pushy but I don't think I'm getting answers yet!

I installed the sims 3 seasons, this crashing to desktop and freezing started to occur.. I restarted my game, moved my family to different towns, houses, blah blah blah... nothing worked. I un-installed my game and then went to play it without seasons, just with the rest of the EPs that I already have, I played for about 30-45 mins (longer time than with seasons installed) and BOOM! crash! screen went black and the same thing happened! AFTER UN-INSTALLING SEASONS :evil:

does this mean that its my computer? or has the seasons done something to my whole game? wish I never bought seasons :cry:

if you have any tips to do please quote this and reply to me! ( I'm really bad with computers so your explanation will have to be good if it all technical :oops: )

thank you so much for posting on this forum and I hope others out there get there answer to their problem! :D

First things first, I will assume that you meet all the gaming specs and have correctly installed all the packs one at a time.

Next I will say DO NOT install the Diesel Stuff pack it is the only thing that has ever immediately crashed my game in live mode, build mode was just fine but live mode NO GO. My computer was assuming that the pack was behaving like a virus and the error "the sims 3 has stopped responding and needs to close" and boom drops to the desktop so hard and fast that it drops some of my desktop settings even. Windows HATES Diesel Stuff. Maybe it's just my computer but I would never suggest anyone install Diesel.

Very important DO EVERY CHANGE as the ADMINISTRATOR so Windows doesn't deny you access for any changes you are about to make.
    Okay!

Then I will say if you are using Windows 7 or equivelant; click on the start menu and goto Control Panel. Click on System and Security. Then click on System.. then click on Advanced System Settings in the Advanced Tab there is a button for preformance that says settings Click on that button you will see a tab at the top that says Data Execution Prevention click on turn on DEP for all programs except those I select click on add and navigate to where your sims 3 is installed. For windows 7 it is in Program Files (x86) - Electronic Arts - Go Through Each Sims Folder for every game you have installed (example The Sims 3 - Game - Bin - click to add every one your computer lets you add that looks like a plumbob file until all game files have been added). Done ! Great ! Now reboot your computer so the settings will take affect.

Now Click on your start menu again and go to the Control Panel and click on System and Security once again. Then click on system again this time do not click the DEP click on the Advanced tab there you will see the Virtual Memory and a button that says Change click on the change button if the virtual memory is not set to near the recommended number manually set it to allow more use of your virtual memory by clicking on custom size and typing in a number just slightly lower than the recommended suggested like maybe by a thousand or two lower than recommended but higher than auto selected. Go it ! Great ! Now Click OK and again Reboot your computer so the settings can take place.

So now you've so far allowed the computer to let the game execute what it needs to in order to save the game properly, and you've also allowed your computer to make good use of the virtual memory available to you.

Next there are a few things that come with the operating system that are resource hogs. First is the AERO, this is the animated desktop that makes your desktop look all fadey and cool and ya know useless for gameplay. So get rid of it easily by right clicking on your desktop. Click on Personalize and make sure screensaver is turned off and then select Windows 7 Basic and it will make your desktop static and no longer fadey and animated. Go it ! Great !

The next system hog is the imfamous Windows Search this is a service you need to disable because it is constantly running in the background to make it easier for you to search your computer for specific files.. so if you are not a techy type person I can't see you needing to look for anything in particular in your windows secure files that you shouldn't be touching anyways if you are unsure what they are for. So when you click on the start menu you will see a search type box that says search programs and files, type in services and you will see a tab up top of the list that says services. click on it this will bring up your list of subscribed services. Do not turn off anything that you don't know what it is. Just slide down to where it says windows search and right click on the service and select Stop to disable this service. Go it ! Great ! Now reboot your computer again.

So now you've told your computer to let the game do whatever it wants to save, and use all the memory available, and you've shut down system and resource hogs. Go it ! Great !

Now go to ( http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=15585.0 ) they are extremely rude there and hate questions so don't ask any questions if you don't want to be insulted just sign up for a free account and click on the link I've provided.. read the instructions VERY CAREFULLY and download both the 3Booter and the FPS Limiter to your My Documents folder and close down your browser. Now right click on each file you've just downloaded there should be 2 there, extract them to the my documents folder you've just saved them in to unpack them. There should be 4 files in total One will be named "3Booter" the other "FPS_Limiter" and "HookHelper.dll" and the final of the four will be named "Limiter_D3D9.dll" Now that all 4 are unpack copy and cut them and goto my computer C: Program Files (x86) - Electronic Arts - and the latest Sims Game you have installed for me it's Seasons so just open the Sims 3 Seasons and paste all 4 of them there (there will be in there now a folder that says "Game" one that says "Game Data" and "Support" and "Thumbnails" along with the 4 files 3Booter FPS_Limiter HookHelper.dll Limiter_D3D9.dll) So all 8 are there now right? Great now right click on the 3Booter and Create a Shortcut. Your computer may tell you a shortcut cannot be created here do you want it created on your desktop.. Click on Yes Okay that would be fabulous thank you Windows. Now you will have a shortcut to the 3Booter on your desktop. It's there right? Great ! Reboot your computer again.

So now you've told your computer to let the game save however it wants to and to use all the memory it needs, you've shut down the system and resource hogs, and have a limiter so the FramesPerSecond in your game won't go any faster than the human eye can see, as well as it will keep your video card from getting WAY TOO HOT and possibly frying it. Okay! Great! now there's just one more step.

Click on 3Booter and you will see a black Dos window flash for just a second before the game boots up after it gets to the screen where you can create a new world or choose one already played you are ready to click the button right between the "Ctrl" and the "Alt" on the left side of your keyboard that looks like a windows symbol. Press the button and you will see your game minimize to your task bar. Now hold down the Ctrl and the Alt button and then without letting go of them Tap the Delete button once you will see a pop up that says Start Task Manager click to start the task manager and a small window will pop up on the right click on the processes tab and sort by user name (this will be the name you gave your computer.. like me I'm killerpoet so I want to look at all the killerpoet tasks). Now look down and find the TS3.exe that should be running because your game is only minimized at this point. Right click on the TS3.exe and change Priority to High Priority (not realtime just High) you will see a popup window warning you about something about unexpected resultes or not recommended or whatever ignore this popup and select okay I agree now set it it high priority. If you are unsure you did it correct right click it again and it will now be highlighted as a high priority. Got it ! Great ! Now you can see down on the left your minimized running game Click on the plumbob icon or just press the windows button on your keyboard again and the game will be back on full screen and you are set for the least lag possible for all the Sims 3 needs to do.

NOTE: The priority needs to be set back to high each and every time
    you play your game! So when you click on the 3Booter to play wait for it to load to the world selection before minimize and change priority.

To go one step further I will suggest changing your settings in game options. First turn off all uneccessary stuff like Usage Sharing, Online Notifications, Access to shopping from the game, and then go to your graphical settings and turn off the reflections mirrors and reflections are graphic hogs they look great but cause a bit of lag (a bit more than a bit in lower end systems), next lower the shadows and lighting to medium too much light makes stuff look like garbage anyways and shadows get annoying. Then you need to restart the game for the settings to take effect.

Now you only need to use the game launcher for updates and installing Sims 3 package files (the file that the sims 3 uses as compression for their stuff like when you create a sim you share and a file that looks like the sims 3 plumbob will now be in your exports folder.. this is a sims 3 folder.. when you download anything from the store these sims 3 files appear in your downloads folder). Other than installation of files you don't need the launcher anymore, but you do need the game disc in the drive don't know about digital downloads I don't do digital, I like the physical product to hold in my hands.

So now you are ready to play!!!

Click on 3Booter battaboom game loads up to select your world, use the windows key again to minimize and ctrl alt delete to open the task manager right click to change to high priority and click on the plumbob to resume your game. Load your world and you will have far less game lag.. the only time game lag will be really noticeable is just before the full moon (as the game has a lot of creation to do to like zombies and zombie disease contagian and all the stuff that some of us don't want in the game at all but unfortunately you cannot turn off the zombies)*But do turn off all the stuff you don't wish to play with like if you don't want werewolves, or witches, or fairies, or vampires in your town. Pretty sure the horses turn off doesn't work (at least in Sunset Valley it doesn't work).. however you play turn off what you want. Alien abductions usually occur around the Full Moon as well as simple alien visitations to creep around your yard at night. The other noticeable lag you will see will be just after the season changes for say fall to winter or whatever after one day of being in the new season when you sim goes to bed for the night you will get maybe a minute or two pause as the zzz's and trees and fish and wind and such are still blowing but you can't do anything, don't worry about this it is normal. This 2nd day of a new season lag is created as the game is setting up the festival in town and assigning workers for the stands and if changing to winter randomly hanging holiday lights onto sometimes even empty simmie houses. The lag will be a little longer if you have more than one festival venue, myself I have 3 the indoor canery so as to not always sweat or freeze outside and still enjoy the festivities, and 2 outdoor festival venues for a variety. The lag is completely normal as the game is setting all plants around town to the say "Frozen" state, creating the festival grounds and everything even randomly giving wants to people around town to visit there or whatever. It is very tolerable lags... for both the full moon and festival setups, you'll also see some occassional nightly lags in town for like new love letter system and random gifts from sims that like your and newborn babies and townies moving in and out getting married or in the vacation worlds creating new adventures to explore and such.

Following these steps, I have been able to play without game crashes or save errors or too long of game lag that's untolerable or even stuck creepy sounds (although I wish the mysterious music would not be created to be heard by sims not in your active household).

I have played for the longest like 36 hours straight with no game crashes or save errors or overheating issues nothing. (DO NOT SAVE in or around the full moon or festival setups, this can still cause problems even though those were suppose to be fixed). I do not have much store content installed only a few along with a few recolored objects, lots, sims NO CUSTOM CONTENT that is not EA approved and the only Mods I use are NRAAS Master Controller, master controller cheaty stuff, Overwatch, Decensor, Woohooer, Woohooer Scoring, and a couple from Mod the Sims like Bye Bye Zombies, Bye Bye Zombies Brain Freeze Addition, No Martial Arts Idol, No Reacting To Ghosts, Celebrity Diff (so your celebrity sims get less chance of being falsely accussed of things and losing friends because of it even babies and toddlers get the I Hate you hit from false rumors), and no choking while eating... ya know the important ones but not too many that my game needs to process too many different gameplay actions.... and whalla !! NO Issues !!

Hopefully following these easily explained steps by me will allow you all some peace of mind from too much game lag and crashes and choppy sounds and all the things that seem to be annoying players to the point of returning their games for refunds. Please remember mostly everything that has to do with gaming issues is not always the fault of the game creator or bad patches, sometimes you just have to remember the most evil multibillion dollar company in the world Microsoft and Windows have very severe issues sometimes. A windows update can cause a lot of problems to occur where problems never existed before, granted EA is at fault for some but many are due to hidden stuff drinking memory and system resources in the very thing that allows you to read this now instead of being still run in turtle graphics or DOS... Windows is a huge culprit in some games not functioning as they should.

Happy simming to all those that I may or may not have helped this took me way too long to type out so I hope it helps at least one simmer have a good gaming experience. (FYI for all those who requested to become friends I am not ignoring you I just can't see you yet in the friend request section it says I have none yet I can clearly see above that there are some. Be patient because I do not turn down friend requests because that is just rude and I am not worried about trolls.)

Hi, first I want to thank you for your post on trying to help all the simmers that have problems, but let me just tell you my short story, I bought a new pc just a week ago, its an I7, 3360, 1 tb disk, nvidia gtx 650, 8 gigs of ram and windows 8(64) i installed all the Ep, Sp and store content, updated the game and everything was fine for a couple of days. Then the game just crashed. I did everything I could do, delete the cache files, put all the .exe files in the DEP. deleted all the files from dcbackup, and followed all the instructions that you gave us. And I can't play the game, by the way, no mods or CC, never used them, and my graphic driver it's up to date. I also lowered my graphic settings in game and nothing, just crashes after 5 minutes of playing, I even tried not to load a town, just stood there in the main menu, and 5 minutes later ... Crash
    What I mean by this post is that the game is not playable right now, I hope that an update is coming soon, because I really love the game, and I spend to much money in it.

Just another
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    hazel10002hazel10002 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2012
    im having the same problem i have to save my game every couple of minutes my game crashes constantly since ive gotten seasons and im playing on a MAC........... pLEASE NEED HELP ASAP
  • Options
    moodymmomoodymmo Posts: 9 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Just another Simmer here have the same problem. Re-posting what I said in another thread:
    Bumping this because I am having the same issue. Did the DEP just as Chellekaz, still having issues. I have been researching in here and other Sims forums and it appears a lot of people are having this issue. Please fix it EA!

My computer specs should be NOT the problem, I have 32 GB RAM and a 2 GB graphics card with SLI. Editing to say I have updated my drivers as well.

My DXdiag specs:

System Information
    Time of this report: 11/24/2012, 16:59:05
    Machine name: PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: SYX
    System Model: SYX-P9X79-PRO
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/16/12 10:48:42 Ver: 12.64
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 32738MB RAM
    Page File: 3875MB used, 61599MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1200&SUBSYS_1200172F&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4050 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
    Shared Memory: 3072 MB
    Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: SMS27A550H
    Monitor Id: SAM07CB
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: HD15
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwg
    f2um
    Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.0697 (English)
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.697
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 10/10/2012 21:23:48, 18252136 bytes
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    Petruchio56Petruchio56 Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    Mine ran rock solid until I applied patch to 1.42. Just like the rest of you, constant crashing. I am convinced patch 1.42 is defective. I found no path to uninstall the patch, so I tried a system restore . . . that also failed to remove it.

Now I am deleting everything and reinstall up to and include patch 1.39. (that one worked)

This is the second time a patch has destroyed my game. In the future I will not apply any patch until forum comments prove it works correctly.
  • Options
    Mew59Mew59 Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same issue. The game will crash beginning/mid loading. I've tried:
    Deleting all Cache files.
    Disabling CC.
    Moving CC (Removing).
    DEP changing.
    Restarting.
    Skipping the launcher.
    Run as administrator.
    I just bought Seasons a few hours ago (3) and updated my launcher, which I regret. Hmm, anything else to try? I apologize for any errors in my grammar. :oops:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    Mpain_13Mpain_13 Posts: 259 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Dxdiags would be helpful
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hi,

As a test, you can try temporarily removing your player data files before relaunching the game. To do so, navigate to the following location:

Documents/Electronic Arts

Now move (not copy) the folder named The Sims 3 to your desktop. Attempt to run the game and test in a brand new town.

Try this.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Bump :oops:

I fixed it for me..
    I moved my SavedSims, Saves, and mods onto the desktop and restarted my computer. Afterwards I moved my mods one by one into the Sims 3 folder (.packages)like how they were before. I also moved my saves/saved sims into the new folders. No more crashes while loading..

Hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    isisarivingisisariving Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2012
    :evil: My game is crashing after adding walls & i try to save. Please help! My sim is expecting & i must build a nursery. Ive wanted seasons for so long & it's too buggy to play. & i shouldn't have to delete cache folders just for it to start up!