Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

90's kids!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited January 2013
    My daughter was born in 88 and she was wearing biker shorts under her dress/shirt. Mini skirts with flower patterns.

that is so cute :)
  • Options
    SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited January 2013
    I do I do!

Born in 1987, I grew up in the 90's and while the Seattle look was quite popular at the start, there were lots more cool trends.

I remember I have a school picture where I'm wearing a flowered dress paired with Doc Martins. (My Aunt was so PO'd cause I didn't wear like Mary Janes but boots looked cooler!)

How about in 94/95ish when the cutesy baby doll dresses and knee high stockings were a trend? Like the outfits the girls wore in Clueless.

Tai-Cher-and-Dionne-prepped-up.jpg

5a1edd7e059c1045e2c1411d40a10b611571132670.jpg

90s-fashion-the-90s-6330927-400-300.jpg

Or oversized baggy jeans with a small top or overalls?

6a00d8341bf67c53ef017d3fa4ec2b970c-800wi

I just think they could have dove a little deeper into each decades trends, but I guess then it'd be the size of an expansion.

I was really hoping for some like chunky plastic watches/rubber bangles too. :(
  • Options
    benjy1212benjy1212 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited January 2013
    i was a 90's baby for... well since 11th november 1999. But i remember those baby things that my mum gave me!! I have to wait to see what come to this pack though as you can tell i say mum not mom, lol.
  • Options
    navkatnavkat Posts: 38 New Member
    edited January 2013
    hellojewby wrote:
    krimsonnox wrote:
    i wish they would have included some Raver clothes.

THIS!!!

Ooooonly love can set you freeee...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18W9WYw9HaA
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited January 2013
    I only lived for 3 months in the 80's so I consider myself a 90's child. I guess the whole grunge is based more on the teenagers/young adults of the western world because I mainly remember lots of denim and colourful tights. I do remember when ripping your jeans' knees and "fixing" them with safety pins was cool though lol, so I guess that's sort of "grunge".
    I remember I have a school picture where I'm wearing a flowered dress paired with Doc Martins. (My Aunt was so PO'd cause I didn't wear like Mary Janes but boots looked cooler!)

Hah, I remember this! Once one of my schoolmates came into school wearing a denim skirt and..the horror, sneakers! I thought it looked so cool I almost went to school looking like that next day, before my mother nearly had a fit because she just couldn't comprehend anyone wearing anything with skirts but maryjanes, pretty sandals or heels.

Same goes for the long skirt on top of jeans trend.
  • Options
    stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    edited January 2013
    90´s that´s Friends (I loved Phoebe´s hairstyles), Seinfeld and the early Frasier-seasons, I discovered grunge, when it already was nostalgic :P
  • Options
    anoela1336anoela1336 Posts: 4,207 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I wore overalls, cool t-shirts, Doc Martens, a mini backpack, flannel shirts tied at the waist, AND a Dr. Seuss Hat. If that wasn't the 90's I don't know what was.

oh man I always loved my overalls, I loved the biker shorts too, all the girls I knew wore those and I miss my scrunchies, absolutely loved putting my hair in a pony tail with my scrunchy haha

and in '98 I adored my roller backpack 8)
  • Options
    MunsMuns Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2013
    Anyone wish there was more to the 90's section besides grunge? I am a 90's girl, born in the late 80's, and I didn't just dress grunge. I wish there was more influence besides grunge.

Exactly, you most likely grew up in the late 90s... When boy bands were popular. Lets forget about that and remember when the 90s were good. With grunge, Kurt Cobain/Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and even the artists in mainstream who weren't grunge were awesome too like Tupac Shakur.

Although I honestly think they should've added the 60s, Because I love hippies.
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited January 2013
    Does '96 count? :lol:
    You're too late.
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited January 2013
    I was born in 79, never got into the fasion, my little sister did. She was a little prep though she will now claim otherwise, preppy clothes would have been fun for the late 80's early 90's
  • Options
    badgyrl_310badgyrl_310 Posts: 198 Member
    edited January 2013
    DaQueen84 wrote:
    I hope they add more kids things in general with this pack. And I NEVER followed grunge that was NOT my 90's. This focus of this SP isn't really geared toward urban audiences IMO. :cry:

This^^^^^
    Yes, hell they didn't even include afros for the 70s. How do you leave out afros? :roll:
  • Options
    MM2ThREbOySMM2ThREbOyS Posts: 553 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Hey does anyone remember the gel shoe's that us girl's would wear?

I had a pair of pink one's when i was little.

80s-shoes-jelly-shoes.jpg
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited January 2013
    LexFoxx wrote:
    krimsonnox wrote:
    i wish they would have included some Raver clothes.

I was totally expecting the raver clothes from TS1 to make a return! :(

me too, sims 1 clothing was awesome - at least we got the music
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    Sylvie1991Sylvie1991 Posts: 177 Member
    edited January 2013

Jellies!! I hated how they made my feet sweat though lol!
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    edited January 2013
    I was a 80's and 90's baby and there are a lot of hairstyles missing and certain shoes and mainly jewelry which was a big thing back then.

Jewelry
    screenshot-2012-03-31-at-13.02.24.jpg

Hair (Mc Serch)
    mc-serch.jpg

Shoes
    JUJU-Jelly-shoes-mixmag.jpg

il_fullxfull.351152369.jpg

il_fullxfull.361455914_fww5.jpg

cfa4dfe3-758e-47bb-8dff-9cd653b03279_large.jpg

Shampoo+2.jpg
    new.png
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited January 2013
    Agreed on all points. Why wasn't there a high flat top and baggy pants in this pack? That's as much a 90s staple as the grunge stuff was. And grunge wasn't big everywhere...

We got the McHammer pants but for men and not women. Women wore them too. I should know, I had a pair or several.

I was born in the mid to late 70s. Which means my childhood was in the 80s and my teen years were in the 90s. This stuff pack was dominated mostly by 80s stuff. And why weren't the fashions made for teens too??? Really??

My closet was more Lisa Turtle than Courtney Love.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I hate how they labeled the 90's as grunge. Not everyone wore grunge clothes.

I grew up in the 90's and I wish they added some more classy clothes. Like color block clothes. Those are so 90's and now are back in fashion

I also wish they would have added some of those jelly shoes. I loved those things so much when I was little!

They totally could have added a lot of more stuff :?
  • Options
    anoela1336anoela1336 Posts: 4,207 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Sylvie1991 wrote:

Jellies!! I hated how they made my feet sweat though lol!

this^
  • Options
    shesclassyshesclassy Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2013

... attracted rocks like magnets. They're "back" though.

Nobody's mentioned the proliferation of flare jeans, tie-dye, peace signs, smiley faces and British flags that just took over in the mid-90s with the teens and kids. Also really chunky sandals with thick straps.