Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be thankful our sims don't have to pay for these clothes.

I really like the clothes that Diesel makes, don't get me wrong. But a pair of underwear costs 22 DOLLARS. I'm just glad our sims don't have to pay for clothes, so my sims can have all the clothes I can't afford irl. Here's the site, btw if you want to look at the ridiculous prices. (Or the underwear models, too. :P)
http://www.diesel.com/

Comments

• Options
    RBenthienRBenthien Posts: 516 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Simple boring Herve Leger dresses sell for $1200-$1500 a piece. Emilio Pucci SCARVES sell for $300 dollars, Louis Vuitton purses sell for $900+.

Diesel is mid range at best. Our marginally employed Sims would have no problem affording this line.
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited June 2012
    rsedorothy wrote:

0__o my lord. :O
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Diesel certainly is not the cheapest brand out there. In some ways that is exciting because at least I can vicariously enjot clothing I could not otherwise but from Diesel!.

I have gotten a few things from them, especially lighting and few special items of clothing. One thing you can say about their clothing is that the quality and detail are fantastic and I don't know where you can get a better fitting pair of jeans for the price!

I lucked out a few months ago and found some Diesel jeans and a jacket from last years designs at a thrift store I visit now and then looking for antiques. For $10 a pair I doubt I will give them up until they wear out years from now.
  • Options
    brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited June 2012
    $22 isn't that bad for underwear.
    I'm use to spending quite a bit of money on clothes and other random things because I'm really picky and like shopping at name brand places.

I guess I like to spoil myself a lot :oops:
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited June 2012
    If their underwear makes me look like that, I wouldn't mind paying the 22 bucks. xD It's still really expensive, I usually spoil myself on American Eagle or Aeropostale. But I don't buy 100 dollar pairs of jeans. :O
  • Options
    brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited June 2012
    If their underwear makes me look like that, I wouldn't mind paying the 22 bucks. xD It's still really expensive, I usually spoil myself on American Eagle or Aeropostale. But I don't buy 100 dollar pairs of jeans. :O

Yeah the most I'd spend on jeans is $50 to $60 and that's mostly at hollister because I love how they look and fit :)
  • Options
    Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited June 2012
    We need "good will" or "salvation army" stuff pack soon :mrgreen:
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    leep45508leep45508 Posts: 3,910 Member
    edited June 2012
    i think it would be cool for sims to go buy clothes, in CAS we should pick an outfit we want to start with then in time we buy more :O) more like real life then.....but with out the stupid recession and VAT increase XD
  • Options
    breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited June 2012
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited June 2012
    I spoil myself with Chanel, so I'm looking forward to having upscale stuff for my simmies. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited June 2012
    consider living in Australia and the prices are extraordinarily high, so a pair of Deisel jeans are $150, I would never pay that much for a pair of jeans! so my simmies are gonna wear them for nothing!Lol! am looking forward to it! :)
  • Options
    jayfristonjayfriston Posts: 218 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I think having to pay for your sims clothes would make the game quite funny
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:

YES!!

Long ago I tried ignoring brands, I buy what I'm comfortable in, what fits and it's sad that it's normally a certain brand LoL.
    $22 for ONE pair of underwear is outrageous! $3-5 is reasonable, IMO.

Unless the brand is wrote across the clothing no one is really going to know what brand it is. No I'm not going to go around being a free advertisement.

HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited June 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:

YES!!

Long ago I tried ignoring brands, I buy what I'm comfortable in, what fits and it's sad that it's normally a certain brand LoL.
    $22 for ONE pair of underwear is outrageous! $3-5 is reasonable, IMO.

Unless the brand is wrote across the clothing no one is really going to know what brand it is. No I'm not going to go around being a free advertisement.

Unless it is on a 'Moonwalk'. :wink:
  • Options
    sfrank8866sfrank8866 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    i think i may be the victm of impaulse buys..... so this will be nice. i can not feel guilty but look cute at the same time, alot at skate shops ( i wear volcom, joushua perets, sosohappy...etc) and the buttons on my bag cost me 20$ i have 4 :shock: lol
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited July 2012
    I had to laugh...while the clothes in CAS are free, the furniture is very expensive in the game and many of my sims can't afford the bed or the couch, or even the lamps. :lol:

When I went to the Diesel site after the sp was announced I couldn't help but laugh. Guess I'm so used to the old days when jeans costed $30-40/pair. My underwear costs $10 for 9 pair, Fruit of the Loom...at Walmart. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited July 2012
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    TheMiktigerTheMiktiger Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited July 2012
    Ouh, I know! I have like 1 shirt from Diesel, and I feel like I should treat it with extra care, because it cost like 10x as much a regular shirt!

But oh man, if I won the lottery or something, I would make that store go out of stock, their guy clothes are so amazing. 0_0
    tumblr_ndvjzeK7pL1qcbk34o7_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited July 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:

My sister's best friend thinks the same thing. She said, "Like I'm gonna pay you to be your own personal billboard!"
    44444.gif
  • Options
    MychuckyboyMychuckyboy Posts: 605 Member
    edited August 2012
    So, now that I see the actual site, I want a few jackets from Diesel, wonder if the parents will consider these school clothes that I need :P

Okay, for two denim jackets and 5 pairs of jeans, I racked up a $1,567 clothing bill. Don't worry, I didn't actually purchase anything, just did some reasearch lol! Now I'm off to go give my parents a heart attack when I tell them this is what I want for school! :mrgreen:

Edit: I honestly did find something I actually want, price tag is of course outrageous, I'll ask this one for a christmas gift :P

http://store.diesel.com/us/sweatshirts_cod39297867md.html
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    I_am_KiraI_am_Kira Posts: 43 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Tell me about it! I heard it was an Italian company so I checked out their clothing. Ridiculous! Do I look like Patrick Bateman? I can't afford that stuff!
  • Options
    VedaSwordVedaSword Posts: 143 New Member
    edited August 2012
    It looks like some really good quality clothing, though. I don't have a problem spending money on stuff that has been well-made.
  • Options
    UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hey ladies!!
    FIFTY dollars for a bra. Just the bra. Not even a set. The bottoms that match the bra are 35$.

I don't even. . .
  • Options
    horsesforever906horsesforever906 Posts: 114 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I would looove for them to do a Burberry stuff pack so I can live vicariously through my sims because have you seen the prices for their trenches? 0_o