Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CK213's Favorite Tales and Simming Moments.

Comments

• Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited August 2012
    CK213 wrote:

I'm sure more interesting things will happen with my sims. And with Supernatural and Seasons coming, I'm certain of it.

Those two EPs will make the game a lot more exciting, I'm sure. I find I can never stay away for very long, even though I do get bored from time to time. I still hope you get your Uni... I'd love to see what kinds of stories would come from that.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2012
    CK213 wrote:

I'm sure more interesting things will happen with my sims. And with Supernatural and Seasons coming, I'm certain of it.

Those two EPs will make the game a lot more exciting, I'm sure. I find I can never stay away for very long, even though I do get bored from time to time. I still hope you get your Uni... I'd love to see what kinds of stories would come from that.

I started a story in TS2 Uni that I never finished. It might be fun to give it a go in a new Uni. I'd have to see what the new Uni brings that could add to the story. If there is new Uni. :cry:
    [flash]<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" allowFullscreen="true" src="http://w46.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w46.photobucket.com/albums/f116/cireking213/Sims Banners%2Facc77360.pbw" height="480" width="600">[/flash]
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited August 2012
    Still lurking. :wink:
  • Options
    abigail2244abigail2244 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Ah, I'm really excited to see what you have planned for Supernatural and Seasons. :D You're sims are much more interesting than mine.
  • Options
    PinkLoveJonasPinkLoveJonas Posts: 442 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi, CK!
    I just wanted to say that I've been lurking this thread of yours as well as others for awhile...I just never commented before, & I love how you decorate your towns & make over your sims. I wish I had the patience to makeover entire towns like that, but I'm not that great at building, but I do like decorating the inside of my sims homes & giving them makeovers. Your stories always inspire me to play. Thanks for sharing them with us! :)
    OriginID: prettypinkpixels

• Options
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Ah, I'm really excited to see what you have planned for Supernatural and Seasons. :D You're sims are much more interesting than mine.

Right now I'm making over a park that I hope will work nicely with seasons.
    Screenshot-3567.jpg

I'm hopping that I can set it up so the playground equipment will be replaced by the ice skating rink in winter. I think it will be great to have the park change with the seasons. I have no idea what happens with the Showtime stage in winter. Winter concerts might look a bit odd. I would like to have it disappear and be replaced by the snowboarding half-pipe in winter, but I don't know how showtime will work with Seasons.
  • Options
    PinkLoveJonasPinkLoveJonas Posts: 442 Member
    edited August 2012
    CK213 wrote:
    Right now I'm making over a park that I hope will work nicely with seasons.
    Screenshot-3567.jpg

I'm hopping that I can set it up so the playground equipment will be replaced by the ice skating rink in winter. I think it will be great to have the park change with the seasons. I have no idea what happens with the Showtime stage in winter. Winter concerts might look a bit odd. I would like to have it disappear and be replaced by the snowboarding half-pipe in winter, but I don't know how showtime will work with Seasons.

The park looks nice so far.
    I was also wondering how the concerts would work in the Winter. I guess we'll find out though! That would be nice if you can set it up to be replaced with the snowboarding half-pipe. :)
    OriginID: prettypinkpixels

• Options
    srodrig2005srodrig2005 Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you CK213 for posting the club and school. I caught that yesterday and downloaded and rec'd. I really appreciate it. They are both great. I like your park. That would be great if it changed like you say in the winter.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Seasons Incoming!
    Wow, it feels so weird not to be constantly posting something in this thread. I'm not playing any of my Sims like I should be. I'm building again. :P

I never paid much attention to parks, other than a re-envisioning of TS2's Lost In Love Hedge Maze for Bridgeport. I simply used Lightside's park for Sunset Valley. But now that Seasons is on the way with a new feature that will let lots change according to the Seasons, I want my own park design. :D

So I started stripping away everything I added to the old park. But the game had the nerve of not letting me delete the old stage because it had water...I hope that's water...on it. Perhaps some performer had a bad case of nerves.
    Screenshot-3561.jpg

I had to call in Jasmine to clean it up before I could delete the stage.
    Screenshot-3562.jpg

"Gee...thanks of thinking of me for this 'glorious' task."
    Screenshot-3563.jpg

It's partially built as I start throwing objects around and letting sims in to see what they do. Holly having deep thoughts in the sandbox.
    Screenshot-3564.jpg

Mom and daughter talk. BB knows about Seasons.
    Screenshot-3565.jpg

Man, the paths I'm creating for this park is starting to get complex, I have to draw them out with that floor-strip. I also wanted a gazebo for this park.
    Screenshot-3567.jpg

I had to look up one of my old homes to see how a made a gazebo that I really liked.
    Screenshot-3568.jpg

That's how I did it.
    Screenshot-3569.jpg

Perfect. Only with less columns, because I'm worried about lag.
    Screenshot-3582-1.jpg

I want more trees for those nice fall colors and leaves fluttering down to the ground.
    Screenshot-3583-1.jpg

This area should update when the seasons change. Maybe roller skating in the spring, soccer in the summer, not sure what in the fall, perhaps a haunted house rabbit hole. Ice skating in winter.
    Screenshot-3584-1.jpg

I prefer my Showtime venues to be on a foundation, but I want to swap it out in winter for the Snowboarding half-pipe. So no foundation.
    Screenshot-3585-1.jpg

Nearly complete. Just needs testing.
    Screenshot-3586-1.jpg

I don't know what she is doing with horses. She already has a house full of kids.
    And these foals are weird. They look like seahorses.
    Screenshot-3587.jpg

Boo! Get off the stage.
    Screenshot-3588.jpg

That should do it. I think I will be able to find logical locations for objects when I get Seasons.
    Screenshot-3589.jpg

Blair Wainwright, Stiles, and friends. I should play them sometime.
    Screenshot-3592.jpg

Screenshot-3593.jpg

Now that I think about. I don't believe my sims have been making much use of the parks. It's kind of nice to let them skill here while I check on other sims out and about.
    Screenshot-3594-1.jpg

Nice hair texture.
    Screenshot-3595.jpg

Trampolines will do for now.
    Screenshot-3596-1.jpg

Eh.
    Screenshot-3599.jpg

What's with all the saluting sims in this park. I must have a bug.
    Screenshot-3603.jpg

I spotted someone in need of a makeover.
    Screenshot-3601.jpg

She's the hottest lab technician she knows.
    Screenshot-3602.jpg

Kai Leiko is so busy playing Knubb, other sims are entertaining his kid.
    Screenshot-3606.jpg

:P And Stiles is obsessed with hopscotch.
    Screenshot-3607.jpg

River just wants to brood.
    Screenshot-3608-1.jpg

Good, places for homework, but I wish teens would seek each other out in the park and hang out.
    Screenshot-3609.jpg

Baby Leiko wants attention from dad.
    Screenshot-3612.jpg

Sure, after he wins a game or two.
    Screenshot-3613.jpg

I'm glad I put these here. I can tell who the artist are.
    Screenshot-3614.jpg

Ok...I think I'm going to have to remove the sectional from the ladies bathroom.
    Screenshot-3624.jpg

Bunny stopped by for a quick walk through...which reminds me. I should have someone jog around and through the park.
    Screenshot-3628.jpg

Velma needs a bathroom break from all that skill building.
    Screenshot-3629.jpg

Yeah, the sectional needs to go.
    Screenshot-3632.jpg

Screenshot-3634.jpg

That's it. It's outta there.
    Screenshot-3637.jpg

Food test.
    Screenshot-3641.jpg

I wonder if sims will find tables after they buy food from the Seasons' food booths.
    Screenshot-3642.jpg

Hey! They just made those.
    Screenshot-3643.jpg

Screenshot-3644.jpg

You got some nerve, lady.
    Screenshot-3645.jpg

Go home and get coffee if you want it so badly. Maybe I'll have my sims visit to throw it out. :P
    Screenshot-3646.jpg

Food area is fine other than that. I think I'll keep the trash cans anyway.
    Screenshot-3647.jpg

Wow, this was really long just for a park. :oops:
    Screenshot-3648.jpg

Thanks, ladies.
    Screenshot-3649.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    srodrig2005srodrig2005 Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2012
    I love your park. What a great idea to have all the skill stuff. I really never use the parks in my worlds.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Your park looks great thanks for sharing your play testing.
    I find the neat freaks really annoying, another case of overdone traits, they are slowly being eliminated from my games. :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    rsedorothy wrote:
    Your park looks great thanks for sharing your play testing.
    I find the neat freaks really annoying, another case of overdone traits, they are slowly being eliminated from my games. :wink:

I think I'll enjoy having sims hang out there more. It was nice to Gus Heart and daughter hanging out on the swing set.
    Screenshot-3678.jpg

I let Jasmine and Velma test it for jogging.
    Screenshot-3675.jpg

Screenshot-3676.jpg

Screenshot-3677.jpg

Uploaded. No third party CC.
    roof_up_large.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6228342
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    This is wonderful :mrgreen:

I'm sure you'll do a seasons version of that so i'll wait for that one to dl :D
  • Options
    SG98SG98 Posts: 821 Member
    edited August 2012
    nice :) are you for getting supernatural?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The park looks great! I always think about bringing the kids to the park but I'm always too lazy to update it so they will have fun and now I don't have too. c: Thanks :D
  • Options
    buddywuddy21buddywuddy21 Posts: 702 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi CK213! The stories you tell with TS3 are a lot of fun to read. :D and can I just say that I wish I was half as good at designing things as you? :wink: Anyways, guess I'll go back to lurking, happy simming!
  • Options
    AyemeeAyemee Posts: 957 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Yay! All your stuff in one place. How I didn't find this a lot earlier I'll never know. Your graphics are so sharp it makes me jealous, haha.

I love reading your stuff and getting jealous over your pictures. Do you plan on getting Seasons?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    For the First Time Ever...

EA has been saying that quite a bit since The Sims 3 has started. I don't think they plan to stop.
    For the first time ever, three EPS in one year. For the first time ever, 2 EPs 2 months apart.
    TwoEps.jpg

Pretty exciting, and if one EPs gives simmers a bad cases of PEPS, then two... :shock: It's enough to make we want to stop playing until we get them. My game seems boring without all that new stuff.

Actually, I have stopped playing. I'm working on a novel and having fun doing it. I plan on not playing the Sims until we get Seasons. I will get Supernatural, but I won't install it until two weeks before Seasons comes out.

I have been in the game since creating that park in the last updated, but not really playing. Here are some pics.

I finally got around to uploading my makeover of the Landgraab Estate.
    Screenshot-3679.jpg

Since seasons doesn't provide greenhouses I decided to tryout making them from scratch.
    Screenshot-3681-1.jpg

Screenshot-3682.jpg

I stopped by Cario and Lawanda's house to make things "official."
    Screenshot-3683.jpg

Screenshot-3684.jpg

No honeymoon. Lawanda is resting up for a show that night.
    Screenshot-3685.jpg

Cairo is seriously working on novels since he has so much freetime now that he has given up skirt chasing.
    Screenshot-3686.jpg

I quit playing after this because I knew I would get sucked back in and have them raise children. Later on (yesterday) I got Sunlit Tides. I looked around briefly, but quit because it would probably start me playing again.
    Screenshot-3694.jpg

Screenshot-3693.jpg

Screenshot-3696.jpg

So now I'm back to writing, researching, and learning about writing as i write. I have mind maps aplenty as I create them to organize my thoughts. Something has got to come out of all this. :P
    writeractor.jpg

I don't know if I will be able to resist opening Supernatural and start playing. It's a good thing Seasons will be coming out so close. We'll see what happens. :wink:

Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    so no updates from you until November? :cry:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    so no updates from you until November? :cry:

Probably, Seasons has me not wanting to play without it. Supernatural should be fun, but I've finally gotten this story rolling and I want to keep the momentum. I will probably play the new Mass Effect 3 DLC, but Mass Effect is the kind of game that only keeps my attention for a short time. The Sims has me busy. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Good luck with the novel. I feel sure anything you create will have an interesting story line and characters. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    haha, i'll looking forward to your stories then :D
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Sunlit Tides looks very nice. I haven't bought any towns from the store as of yet, but I might think about buying ST for seasons. I'm sure your novel will be great, I mean you can write about pixelated characters and have everyone interested! Lol.