Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content does not show up in game

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    LauraCastellanoLauraCastellano Posts: 15 Member
    Ok, I'm at my wits' end here. My custom content problem is only with items in CAS. They show up fine in Sim4Studio, but some of them, in the game, are invisible. Like if I put a dress on my Sim, everything disappears except her hands, feet and head.

Here's what I have tried:
    1. Repairing the game
    2. All my downloads are up to date and not missing meshes
    3. Generated a new Resource.cfg
    4. Tried the trick where you move the Sims 4 folder elsewhere and let the game start fresh
    5. Gone into Sims4Studio and made sure the correct gender box was checked
    6. Uninstalled and reinstalled my game

I think that covers pretty much everything that's been suggested on this thread. If I missed one, please tell me and I'll try it.

This only happens with CAS items, and it never happened before the latest Origin update and installing Vintage Glamour Stuff.
    It doesn't happen with every download, only about half. It doesn't happen with every download from the same creator.
  • Options
    LauraCastellanoLauraCastellano Posts: 15 Member
    Sorry, didn't realize I had resurrected an ancient thread, can't figure out how to delete my comment.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Ok, I'm at my wits' end here. My custom content problem is only with items in CAS. They show up fine in Sim4Studio, but some of them, in the game, are invisible. Like if I put a dress on my Sim, everything disappears except her hands, feet and head.

Here's what I have tried:
    1. Repairing the game
    2. All my downloads are up to date and not missing meshes
    3. Generated a new Resource.cfg
    4. Tried the trick where you move the Sims 4 folder elsewhere and let the game start fresh
    5. Gone into Sims4Studio and made sure the correct gender box was checked
    6. Uninstalled and reinstalled my game

I think that covers pretty much everything that's been suggested on this thread. If I missed one, please tell me and I'll try it.

This only happens with CAS items, and it never happened before the latest Origin update and installing Vintage Glamour Stuff.
    It doesn't happen with every download, only about half. It doesn't happen with every download from the same creator.

Sounds like the CC isn't compatible with the game anymore. Have you checked the creator's site?

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Phtby1109Phtby1109 Posts: 373 Member
    Is there no solution for this? I have tried everything I can come across, from deleting cache files and redownloading/installing content. All of my content is from the store and it says it is installed in my launcher and is appearing under the "installed" tab but refuses to appear in game. It's driving me insane.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Did you check to make sure that any options to show or use CC are checked in your game?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited December 2016
    Are you talking about Sims 3 @Phtyby1109?

I vaguely remember having a similar problem when I used to play Sims 3 but I cannot remember the work around now.

I did find this solution which involves moving the .ebc files. You have probably tried this already but just in case.

The other thing you could do would be to convert all those packs to packages. There are ways to do that.
  • Options
    You should know if you are using the right version of resource.cfg under the downloads folder and also check the CC releasers notes at the website. This happens and most of the CC s aren't being patched properly.
    IfvKgi.jpg[/URL]