Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Tutorial- Curved Walls!

ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
This is my first tutorial, so don't expect it to be perfect. But I was doing some building and discovered a way to replace our needs for curved walls!

Some notes::
-Make sure Move Objects is on before starting (to do this, press ctrl+shift+c and type in without the ' ...the following : 'moveobjects on'.)
-Doors and windows can not be added to the curved wall.

How to build a curved wall:

1. Make sure moveobjects is turned on. Go to the selection of columns and select which one you'd like. I have chosen the Oarsmen's Column.
ojmo2.jpg

2. Here I have recolored it to match my wall color. This way the walls are colored the same.
rc0rvt.jpg
3. Place the column where ever you'd like your curved wall to start. With moveobjects, I can get the column closer to the wall. The code is also required for your curved wall to turn out how I have gotten it at the end.
fmbko.jpg
4. Now it's time to start adding your other columns! Get a new column, recolor it if you'd like, then press down 'alt' to rotate it in any angle. Once you're at the angle you like, use alt to place it. You should place it so some of it is in the other column you first placed.
mrtfmt.jpg
5.Continue to add columns, using the 'alt' trick.
33o4pyd.jpg
6. At the end, it should look like this, but with the curve you made and the recolor you have.
2mnhhmh.jpg
7. To make the house look fancier, you can delete the walls as shown. But that isn't a necessity as the wall will still be in the inside. The house will just cost more :lol:
bh0qcl.jpg

I believe that's all you need to know to build your half walls-please tell me what you think and what you've done with this! Thanks for reading
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top