Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♫ Music & Modelling ♫ Assignment 6

Here are the scores for assignment 5. It's just mine this week, the other judge dropped out. It's out of 50 this week instead of 25 for each judge because I wanted to keep the scores level.

Castiel500
Relation to the song 17/20
Creativity 8/10
Overall Picture 16/20
Total 40/50

I liked the idea of the lone survivor. I liked the background that you chose for the picture too. I would have preferred it if your model was brighter though, it was a little bit too blue. I think it looked like your models picture was taken at night, I'm not sure, but I did love the idea of the picture.

FrugalMay
Relation to the song 19/20
Creativity 8/10
Overall Picture 19/20
Total 47/50

I loved this picture! It really looked like she was running out of time to do things. I love the little details like the fact she hadn't got time to get dressed (it looked like she was still in her sleepwear) and I could see the meals in the background that she hadn't even had time to eat! Great attention to detail!

Rosebud14
Creativity 8/10
Overall Picture 18/20
Total 43/50

First of all, I love this song lol. It's another sad picture but it's really pretty. The second picture was my favourite, that's the one I'm scoring. I like the flowers and I like the idea of her walking away from death.

mystiqueblue
Creativity 7/10
Overall Picture 18/20
Total 42/50

Another lovely picture! I loved the clouds in the background. I think it's edited isnt it? It looks really nice. Your model playing the guitar on the beach was a nice touch too.

Assignment 5 Scores -

1st. FrugalMay with 46/50
2nd. Rosebud14 with 43/50
3rd. mystiqueblue with 42/50
4th. Castiel500 with 41/50

So the totals are now -

Totals

1st. FrugalMay with 225.5/300
2nd. mystiqueblue with 205.5/300
3rd. Rosebud14 with 200/300
4th. Castiel500 with 199/300

Assignment 6 will follow in the post below. :)

✼ My TS3 MyPage

Comments

• Options
    tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    edited December 2010
    Assignment 6 - Back to Reality

The theme for this assignment is any artist that has appeared on a talent/reality show either as a contestant like Kelly Clarkson or a judge like Cheryl Cole. Once you've chosen your song, I'll add it to the list below. :)

Rules & Information:

* You only need to post one picture. You can choose to either represent the whole song in the picture or you can choose to represent just specific lyrics from that song. If you choose to just to represent a certain lyrics, please post which lyrics they are underneath the picture so the judges can see what your inspiration was.

* You must use the same model throughout the competition. Genetics cant be changed, but hair colour and style can. You can add as many other sims into the picture but your model must be in the picture somewhere.

* Cheats can be used. I'd recommend using hideHeadlineEffects [on/off] to hide the plumbob/thought bubbles/speech bubbles from your picture. Moveobjects on/off to move your sim around. unlockOutfits [on/off] to unlock all outfits for more choice of clothes and Motherlode to buy things to decorate your background.

* Editing is not required, you are welcome to edit your picture if you want to but to make it fair for everyone, it won't be judged.

* There are no eliminations in this competition. The scores from each assignment will be carried over to the next assignment. There will be 10 assignments altogether, each assignment has a maximum score of 75 points (25 points from each judge). The winner of the competition is the person who is closest to 750 points at the end of the 10th assignment.

*Please don't drop out! I can hand out extensions if you need more time. I understand school is starting soon and that people may have work and family commitments too, so I can be flexible with the time limit if it's needed.

Scoring:

Relation to the song (does the picture relate to the song? and more specifically does it relate to the lyrics?) 0/10
    Creativity (how creative was the picture?) 0/5
    Overall Picture (how does the background look? does it fit in with the song? is it edited well? if it's not edited are the speech bubbles, plumbbobs etc hidden?) 0/10
    Total 0/25

Due Date:

The due date for entries to be finished by is Tuesday 16th November. If you need an extension, just let me know. :)

Judge
    1. tiger_lily5
    2. pixie30

Contestants & Songs List
    FrugalMay :thumbup:
    Rosebud14 :oops:
    Castiel500 :thumbup:
    mystiqueblue :oops:

Codes
    Seen it - 8)
    Handed in - :thumbup:
    Dropped out - :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    FrugalMayFrugalMay Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hope you're all better now from your weekend Tiger! Seen the assignment...just need to choose... Oh wait! I think I may have someone:)
  • Options
    Rosebud14Rosebud14 Posts: 130
    edited November 2010
    One quick question...can it be a cartoon reality show :) probably not but I had to ask.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    @frugalmay - thanks :) I'm ok, I was just stressed out but it's all sorted now :)

@rosebud - umm if it's still a song, it should be ok. What show is it?
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    Rosebud14Rosebud14 Posts: 130
    edited November 2010
    Total Drama World Tour.

Scary, thing is, this is age appropriate for me.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I haven't heard of that before. I looked it up and I dont think it's available here. The UK is way behind on a lot of TV shows :( but yeah, as long as it's a song from a reality show, I dont think it matters if it's a cartoon :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    cierrak897cierrak897 Posts: 1,163 Member
    edited November 2010
    Can I Be A Judge

Name: Cierra (Cece)
    Email: sims_34@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Castiel500Castiel500 Posts: 899
    edited November 2010
    Wow, I hate reality shows, so I have no idea what to do... Who are some people who've been on them?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've been thinking and I think it's easier if I just judge the rest of the assignments myself. I've got a lot going on in RL at the moment and I'm not online as much as I was, so it'll be easier this way. I keep getting stressed with rl stuff and there are only a few more assignments left for this cycle, so I think it'll be easier and I should be able to get the scores posted earlier because I'll make sure I'm around on the due date. :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Castiel500 wrote:
    Wow, I hate reality shows, so I have no idea what to do... Who are some people who've been on them?

I dont like many of them either lol I like American Idol but that's about it. I hate The X Factor! You could try Adam Lambert, Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks or Leona Lewis. They have some good songs :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    mystiquebluemystiqueblue Posts: 892 New Member
    edited November 2010
    seen it but i would've to think of an artist first :)
  • Options
    pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited November 2010
    Tiger_lilly did the judge drop out permantly if so do u need another judge, i would be happy to help i been lurking silentky since i got eliminated :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Castiel500 wrote:

I dont like many of them either lol I like American Idol but that's about it. I hate The X Factor! You could try Adam Lambert, Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks or Leona Lewis. They have some good songs :)

I also happen to hate those singers. Can I do Live Like We're Dying? I forget who sings it, but I vaguely recall that he was on a reality show. I think.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    @mystiqueblue - If you need any help with the song, just ask :)

@pixie30 - I didnt know you were lurking! :) Yeah, it's permanent. I was thinking about just doing the scores myself now because there aren't many assignments left but I dont know what to do. I was trying to keep the scoreboard level but I think having one judge will change that.

@Castiel500 - lol :lol: As long as it was on a reality show of any kind then it's fine :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Okay then lol well if ya need me to judge just let me know (:
    I am in the same time zone as u anyways and i will try and comment more because i have been lurking and will continue ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So if we choose an artist from say, American Idol, can we use a song they sang on that show or does it have to be their own? I'm thinking Mad World by Adam Lambert.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    pixie30 wrote:
    Okay then lol well if ya need me to judge just let me know (:
    I am in the same time zone as u anyways and i will try and comment more because i have been lurking and will continue ;)

Do you still want to judge? if you do, it would be good :) I have an idea about the final!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    FrugalMay wrote:
    So if we choose an artist from say, American Idol, can we use a song they sang on that show or does it have to be their own? I'm thinking Mad World by Adam Lambert.

It can be any song as long as the artist was on a reality show at some point. So either their own song or a cover is fine! I absolutely love Adam Lambert's Mad World! :mrgreen:
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hmm i dunno if I will have this done by tomorrow. I'm sorry, I've just been sick and I dunno what song I want to do yet.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    yeaah I'm up for judging :)
    simming email: pixie30_sims3@hotmail.co.uk
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm sorry, but I need an extension, my game refuses to work... But I'm sure my dad can fix it, so my entry should be up soon.
  • Options
    mystiquebluemystiqueblue Posts: 892 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Sorry about this but I really have to drop out. It's just that I seem to be busy with stuff these days and I still have some catching up to do with other things. I'm really sorry but I wish good luck to everyone else! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I can't believe I forgot: there is one reality show that I happen to like. So, I based my picture off of the Ghostfacers' theme song. I know it's corny, but oh well.

e7cc42dd491267eb7f43ac23204042db.jpg
    GHOST! GHOSTFACERS!
    WE FACE THE GHOSTS WHEN OTHERS WILL NOT
    WE'RE-- GHOST! GHOSTFACERS!
    STAY IN THE KITCHEN WHEN THE KITCHEN GETS HOT
    GHOST! GHOSTFACERS!
    WE FACE THE NIGHTMARE, WE FACE THE DEAD
    GHOST! GHOSTFACERS!
    WE FACE THE FACELESS--WE FACE THE DEAD!

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Okay so I chose Kelly Clarkson instead of Adam because his songs are difficult to put into a picture haha. Anyways, I chose Breakaway by Kelly.
    Screenshot-7-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm so sorry I haven't been on the forums lately. I'm usually around on here most days but it's been such a stressful time. Thanks for handing in the entries and sticking with this competition Castiel500 and FrugalMay.

Sorry to see you go mystiqueblue but thank you for taking part.

I'm thinking of cutting this cycle short and making the next assignment the last one. It was meant to be 10 originally but there have been a few drop outs so I think this cycle needs to be shorter.

Pixie30, do you still want to be a judge? I'll send you a message if you are still interested, I just wanted to check first again because it's been a while since I was on here.
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage