Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♫ Music & Modelling Competition ♫ Assignment 5 and scores

Here are the scores for assignment 4. :) It's just mine this week, our other judge - Maddie2412 is away at the moment.

Castiel500
Relation to the song 10/10
Creativity 4/5
Overall Picture 8/10
Total 22/25

Wow, powerful picture. What a shocking story. I think you captured the song really well. The picture was quite dark but I think that really added to it. It's a very dark, sad thing to happen and the colour scheme showed that. I love the fact that it's black and white, I think that was creative and it helped it to not be as graphic as it could have been without that (which I don't think would have been allowed on the forums) so you did good. :)

mystiqueblue
Relation to the song 8/10
Creativity 3/5
Overall Picture 8/10
Total 19/25

Aw, sweet picture! I hadn't heard of this song before either so I looked it up and it sounds like it's about someone falling in love. I could tell that they were a couple from your picture, and they were in love. The swings idea is really cute, I love the idea of them spending a day together at the park. It was a good choice of angle too, as I could clearly see your model but also see his date. Nice work. :)

NiNjahawkz
Relation to the song 9/10
Creativity 4/5
Overall Picture 10/10
Total 23/25

Pretty picture! I love the colours in this. I love the attention to detail like the candy clouds in the sky and I love how you got the sky to match the purple that is mentioned in the song. It's the little details like that, that really make a picture stand out :) I like the pose too, it ties in so well with the whole picture. :)

Rosebud14
Creativity 5/5
Overall Picture 8/10
Total 21/25

Interesting idea. I love the fact that you really thought about this and chose a subject that's outside of the box. The idea of anorexia really fits in with the theme of song about keeping a secret, since some sufferers don't like to admit to having a problem. I did notice that the wall was cut away though. I do like the colours that you chose and I liked the kinda paint effect on the picture. I feel sorry for your poor model going through all this trauma lol, but I have to say you do work the sad angle really well in your pictures. :) Great job!

FrugalMay
Creativity 4/5
Overall Picture 8/10
Total 20/25

I loved the poses and the expressions on all the sims in the picture, not just your model, it definitely helped to tell the story. I liked the way you styled them too and the angle of the picture was also good. :) The only thing is that I found the text hard to read. It might have been easier if the font was more bold, but that's only minor. It was a great picture :)

So the scores for assignment 4 are -

Assignment 4 scores

1st. NiNjahawkz with 23/25
2nd. Castiel500 with 22/25
3rd. Rosebud14 with 21/25
4th. FrugalMay with 20/25
5th. mystiqueblue with 19/25

Congratulations NiNjahawkz! You've won first place on this assignment :)

Lets see how the total are looking after assignment 4 :)

Totals

1st. FrugalMay with 179.5/250
2nd. NiNjahawkz with 172.5/250
3rd. mystiqueblue with 163.5/250
4th. Castiel500 with 158/250
5th. Rosebud14 with 157/250

Remember it could all change by the end of the competition!

Assignment 5 will follow in the post below. :)
✼ My TS3 MyPage

Comments

• Options
    tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    edited November 2010
    Assignment 5 - It's only Rock n Roll but I like it :mrgreen:

It's time to get crazy and wild. It's rock music week! You can choose any song from any specific type of rock, like punk or metal or emo. Whatever, as long as it's loud and has attitude :D Once you've chosen your song, I'll add it to the list below. :)

Rules & Information:

* You only need to post one picture. You can choose to either represent the whole song in the picture or you can choose to represent just specific lyrics from that song. If you choose to just to represent a certain lyrics, please post which lyrics they are underneath the picture so the judges can see what your inspiration was.

* You must use the same model throughout the competition. Genetics cant be changed, but hair colour and style can. You can add as many other sims into the picture but your model must be in the picture somewhere.

* Cheats can be used. I'd recommend using hideHeadlineEffects [on/off] to hide the plumbob/thought bubbles/speech bubbles from your picture. Moveobjects on/off to move your sim around. unlockOutfits [on/off] to unlock all outfits for more choice of clothes and Motherlode to buy things to decorate your background.

* Editing is not required, you are welcome to edit your picture if you want to but to make it fair for everyone, it won't be judged.

* There are no eliminations in this competition. The scores from each assignment will be carried over to the next assignment. There will be 10 assignments altogether, each assignment has a maximum score of 75 points (25 points from each judge). The winner of the competition is the person who is closest to 750 points at the end of the 10th assignment.

*Please don't drop out! I can hand out extensions if you need more time. I understand school is starting soon and that people may have work and family commitments too, so I can be flexible with the time limit if it's needed.

Scoring:

Relation to the song (does the picture relate to the song? and more specifically does it relate to the lyrics?) 0/10
    Creativity (how creative was the picture?) 0/5
    Overall Picture (how does the background look? does it fit in with the song? is it edited well? if it's not edited are the speech bubbles, plumbbobs etc hidden?) 0/10
    Total 0/25

Due Date:

The due date for entries to be finished by is Monday 1st November. If you need an extension, just let me know. :)

Judges
    tiger_lily5
    Maddie2412

Contestants & Songs List
    FrugalMay - Always Running Out of Time by Motion City Soundtrack :thumbup:
    Rosebud14 - Na Na Na - My Chemical Romance :thumbup:
    Castiel500 - Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day :thumbup:
    mystiqueblue - Here comes the sun by The Beatles 8)
    NiNjahawkz - ? 8)

Codes
    Seen it - 8)
    Handed in - :thumbup:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    Castiel500Castiel500 Posts: 899
    edited October 2010
    Seen it. Does classic rock count?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yes, any type of rock is fine. I just couldn't think of any more styles when I was writing it. :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    FrugalMayFrugalMay Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited October 2010
    I might be doing something by panic! at the disco, but I have no idea. I have a lot of punk, rock etc. I need to listen to some songs to figure out which I want to use:)
  • Options
    mystiquebluemystiqueblue Posts: 892 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles

:D
  • Options
    NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited October 2010
    thanx for first :)
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    FrugalMay wrote:
    I might be doing something by panic! at the disco, but I have no idea. I have a lot of punk, rock etc. I need to listen to some songs to figure out which I want to use:)

Ok :) There's no rush to choose your song, it's a big category to choose from!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I just noticed assignment 5 means it's halfway through the competition! :shock: :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It's quiet on here this week! Has anyone decided on the songs yet? just curious to see what songs get picked :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've thought of lots of songs, but none that I could portray. So I'll have to decide later.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That's okay :) It's not due until Monday
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I haven't been on lately because I'm so busy getting ready for Halloween!:) It's my favorite holiday so I don't want to miss out. I won't have time to work on this this weekend so I might have to do it Monday after school. May need an extension....
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That's cool! I wish I was doing something for Halloween, but I dont have anything planned! An extension is fine, just let me know if you need one on Monday. Have fun this weekend :D
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Does anyone know of any good songs I could do? I'm drawing a major blank.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    What bands do you like Castiel? I could help you choose a song. I used to pick the songs but then I felt bad if no one knew what their song was!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    If it has to do with rock, I like it, so it doesn't matter what it is. I'm just having trouble finding a song I could accurately portray.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I just had a look at last.fm to get some ideas - how about boulevard of broken dreams by Green Day?
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hmm... I didn't even know that was rock. But sure, that sounds good. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It's a slower song that most of theirs but I still think it sounds like rock :) I'm looking forward to seeing the picture :)

If anyone else needs any help with a song, just ask :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    3f97b7db0b7eee6d22a3b41f6384b990.jpg
    I walk a lonely road
    The only one that I have ever known
    Don't know where it goes
    But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
    On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
    Where the city sleeps
    and I'm the only one and I walk alone

Basically, I interperted this as a lone survivor in the apocalypse, continously walking alone.
  • Options
    NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited October 2010
    hey guys, sorry i dissapeareed

i just took a break from the modeling forums a bit and got fable 3
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Great job, Castiel! :)

No worries, NiNjahawkz! Welcome back :D What's fable 3 like? I got Late Night last week and I cant stop playing it lol :mrgreen:
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm extending this until Wednesday because only person has handed their entry in so far. Please hand your picture in when you can. Thanks :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Still haven't chosen a song. I will work on it tonight!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Okay! I think next time I'll choose a more specific category lol :D
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage