Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Vice City! (August 17,2011) GTA Replica with Miami

Comments

• Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2011
    This is very nice, I was a GTA addict until Sims2 came out...I wouldn't worry if others are doing the same theme as our world is only so big and if everyone said "Oh, it's been done" then we would have no new worlds coming out as all the virtual or actual places have been done. 8)
  • Options
    RavynLeeBourdonRavynLeeBourdon Posts: 142 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Looks amazing so far, awesome work!
  • Options
    CloreleClorele Posts: 670 New Member
    edited March 2011
    masterw3 wrote:
    "It would be fun to carjack and shoot people"

i totally agree.. there a re a few Sims that i would love to have my Sim murder, and dump in the river, they are just SO mean, and won't stay away....

and we should be able to drive around by now.. or soon.. next Sims game maybe? now that the world/lots are 'merged' for freedom of movement.

"Criminal Carreer"
    Jack a Car, take it to the Junkyard or a Chop Shop, Rob a store, pick pockets, Rob Soda Machines, Burgalarize Houses (just don't let the Cops come over to your house if you kept any items.. they might run some serial numbers, or ig the Owner of an object stops by, they'd recognize it, call the cops, now you're in trouble...)

etc etc etc.
    a chem lab, to make illegal substances .. with a chance of blowing up a radius around the kit, of your house, fire burns, fire department shows up, then the cops ..

could be interesting.
    Sounds interesting, but this is a PG 13 rated game with LN pushing it by a little? Just saying.. . x .
  • Options
    FPCreationsFPCreations Posts: 68 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Thanks guys! I appreciate it! I have a new beta available that you can test here by clicking here to download > http://tinyurl.com/3gbdzd8

And here is a link to my website with new pictures of it. :) Thanks! Any feedback is welcomed! Nothing is %100 done yet. > http://www.freshprincecreations.com/ts3vicecity.htm

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited April 2011
    Hi, FP!

I was going to download and test, but the first link, the one for the download, is broken. So I clicked on the second link which works and took me to your web site (pics look amazing!) but the only download link there is for some kind of software for watching TV. So can you please repost the link?

It's looking truly stunning and I'd love to install it and take a look around!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited April 2011
    FP Im dowloading it now, and will help you. It looks great from the pictures :).

happy Simmer the Download link worked for me, you might try it again.
  • Options
    NeicyRayNeicyRay Posts: 181
    edited April 2011
    Looks great!
    I am downloading :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Nope; still not working. I get an error message that says, "An invalid character was found in text content" when I click on the first link. The link on your web page appears to be for a program called "Facemoods". :(

• Options
    edited April 2011
    happy are you Downloading from the link he provided here on his post, because its works.

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Yes. I am clicking on this link: http://tinyurl.com/3gbdzd8 and I get the above mentioned error about an invalid character. :?

When clicking on that link, this is the address that shows up in the address bar: http://www.freshprincecreations.com/Vice City V1{3}.Sims3Pack

If someone could just give me the actual address, and not the tiny url, I will try again!

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Happy it doest give me a webpage link, it asks if I want to open the file with my sim launcher, I see no URl accept the link he gave us. What browser are you using, perhaps its an error with it, and is it up to dat3e?
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited April 2011
    HS3, I had the identical problem and posted on the MTS forum about it. Earlier this evening, someone in that thread posted it's a problem with a Microsoft security update affecting some people, on some servers. She used Google Chrome and successfully got the file, so I tried Chrome myself. It worked, the file is now downloaded, so I guess you and I fall into that category of "some" people :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Good to know, DD! I will install Chrome when I get home and try again. :-)

• Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited April 2011
    I had the same problem. So I signed online using mozilla and it downloaded fine.
  • Options
    Anzi120Anzi120 Posts: 136 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Just wondering if this Neighbourhood has sims already made for living in it, or its empty from start?

It looks great btw! :D

Anzi
  • Options
    jay6754jay6754 Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited April 2011
    will DL
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Anzi120 wrote:
    Just wondering if this Neighbourhood has sims already made for living in it, or its empty from start?

It looks great btw! :D

Anzi

No Anzi, no sims. There is some parts where the houses are not developed in the inside. So you have to finish them, their on a nice island :) hood. Looks like plenty of space with word editor in game you could add some lots. I alike it, it is developing very nice
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited April 2011
    I guess this is just the version where you just want us to rate the look of the town, and the flow of the roads. I think it looks great! I love everything about it, even the buildings that are there just for looks and not function.

I look forward to the finished product, as it seems far from being finished. I hope that you will add lots of music (speakers on buildings) to the city "Latin" as it is Miami :)

I picture lots of traffic and lots of music! especially when I take the camera past the buildings along the beach area.

I hope that you are planning to add the interiors to the many homes that you have. That's a lot of work for a player to have to do alone. I also hope that you will add lots for everything that the EP's offer. I did not see any military or city hall. Oh, and along the beach I hope all those buildings will be nightclubs to visit.

Yes, I look forward to this city's completion. There's so much potential.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    yes, I think much more needs to be done before we can really test it. Its missing still the City Hall, Criminal, Studios, and Military base and subways as there were none.i liked it though, look forward to his next update of it. :).
  • Options
    NeicyRayNeicyRay Posts: 181
    edited April 2011
    I downloaded this project...I think its absoulutely beautiful!!
    I cant wait until its fully completed!
    Brillant work :-)

• Options
    ReddvelvettReddvelvett Posts: 236 Member
    edited May 2011
    Tried the link, but it doesn't work. I would love to try this new world cus I luv the gta series, I own all of them!!!!! edit; I read early in the thread what happened with others, so I tried it too. And yes you hafta go to mozilla or google to dl. It worked.
  • Options
    blackberry_dogblackberry_dog Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Wow u did a magnificent job just by looking at the pics! Please don't give up! I really want my sims to live there and all be criminal XP! Btw, I'm about to download it. Are there apartments that sims can live in by the shore? I would so pay you to do that! :D
  • Options
    FPCreationsFPCreations Posts: 68 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks guys! :D Sorry, there are no real apartments, as it only requires Base Game.

For today, I am releasing another Beta to download, but this time I am also releasing it to the masses (my website, lol), because quite frankly, I have no clue when I will finish this world, and if I ever will. I've worked on lots of lots and furnished/created the interiors, yet at the same time, there are still lots of lots that have no inside. I did updating around the pretty much the whole city, and just did lots of little things here and there. To download the new beta, go to this page > http://www.freshprincecreations.com/ts3vicecity.htm , I also have a bunch of new pics there, and more info.

Any feedback, as always, is more than welcomed! Thanks and enjoy! :D
  • Options
    xofiorexoxofiorexo Posts: 48
    edited January 2012
    I followed the link to your website and still can not upload your world :(:cry:
  • Options
    x_mynameisangelx_mynameisangel Posts: 138 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I can't install the latest version! :(

When it's done through the laoding of "installing' the message says I need to update my game, however I can NOT do that.

Patch 1.29 is corrupted and will cause me to uninstall and reinstall my EPs, which I am NOT fond of doing.

I am also using LN, but that shouldn't matter because I played the earlier version on LN and it worked.

Can anyone give any advice or how to work around this?