Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-A-World Mac?

Comments

• Options
    jakaylmfaojakaylmfao Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Come on EA, please offer us Mac users the same as what you offer PC users.
  • Options
    esmelin1953pc3esmelin1953pc3 Posts: 6
    edited March 2011
    i have a mac and this is ridiculous, WHY ARE WE BEING EXCLUDED.... I WANT AND EXPLANATION. :cry:
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited March 2011
    NO NEED TO SHOUT!

Get a copy of Windows and install it on your Mac. Simple.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    cutepuppy101cutepuppy101 Posts: 2,006 New Member
    edited March 2011
    NO NEED TO SHOUT!

Not paying over $100 to buy a copy of Windows just so I can download CAW
  • Options
    ebrooklynwebrooklynw Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    NO NEED TO SHOUT!

Why are you so insistant that we should pay $100 dollars to run CAW when PC users get it for free?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Because if you want to run CAW it is your only option at the moment. It is unfortunate that EA haven't released a Mac version but that's the way it is, 18 months later. The petition that AlexRoz started is great but EA are clearly not taking a blind bit of notice of it, no surprise there.

I didn't particularly want to buy Windows but I did. And I don't regret it because CAW is a fantastic tool. You can also install Delphy's Custard so you can check downloads from the Exchange for any dodgy CC if you wanted to.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    arlene12341arlene12341 Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Has create a world been created for Mac yet?
  • Options
    seanstoshakseanstoshak Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2011
    :oops: i wish we had a world tool for mac
    ea is messing with are heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • Options
    gayle_afcbgayle_afcb Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2011
    NO NEED TO SHOUT!

Actually no it's not that simple. I bought the mac version of windows 7, used bootcamp to install. Sims 3 wouldn't install on the windows partition and every time there was a windows update my mac would keep crashing. It would try to install the update even when not using the windows partition and it made the mac partition unusable. If you switched to the windows partition to allow the update to install it would tell you there was no update :roll: As my job involves several hours a day of sitting in front of my mac doing various things in in design, adobe illustrator, photoshop and dreamweaver I cannot be spending all day trying to stop the stupid thing crashing because of windows updates trying to install and corrupting the whole machine. Not had 1 crash since deleting windows and back to a perfect mac oh and happier clients who are getting their work completed on time!!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    gayle_afcb wrote:
    NO NEED TO SHOUT!

Actually no it's not that simple. I bought the mac version of windows 7, used bootcamp to install. Sims 3 wouldn't install on the windows partition and every time there was a windows update my mac would keep crashing. It would try to install the update even when not using the windows partition and it made the mac partition unusable. If you switched to the windows partition to allow the update to install it would tell you there was no update :roll: As my job involves several hours a day of sitting in front of my mac doing various things in in design, adobe illustrator, photoshop and dreamweaver I cannot be spending all day trying to stop the stupid thing crashing because of windows updates trying to install and corrupting the whole machine. Not had 1 crash since deleting windows and back to a perfect mac oh and happier clients who are getting their work completed on time!!

Did you try repartitioning and reinstalling Windows? It may have got corrupted. Or maybe it was Windows 7. I'm using XP which works fine. Apple recently released a Boot Camp update as well which may help.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    banana_peelybanana_peely Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    Bluebellflora I love your worlds, I have already downloaded Bayou Beach world and my game is totally updated. It didn't work though :cry: .
    All the community lots came up as blue buildings.. I had to get rid of them all and add new ones...

Any ideas on why it didn't work...

:?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hmm, so sorry banana_peely (great name!). Have you tried going into the lot, as if you were going to edit it, then going back to map view? Are they blue buildings or blue squares where the buildings should be? I've never had blue buildings before but I've had blue squares on empty lots.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    gayle_afcb wrote:
    NO NEED TO SHOUT!

Did you try repartitioning and reinstalling Windows? It may have got corrupted. Or maybe it was Windows 7. I'm using XP which works fine. Apple recently released a Boot Camp update as well which may help.

Yep tried both. Even had the mac factory reset and then restarted all over - tried a different windows installation disc in case mine was the problem, tried xp as well - done before the bootcamp update and again afterwards. Same thing. My mac does not like windows in any shape or form for some reason :roll:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    gayle_afcb wrote:
    My mac does not like windows in any shape or form for some reason :roll:

Neither do I :lol:

I have no idea what the problem could be gayle_afcb, that's really strange. Applecare may be able to help but seeing as you've tried everything I don't see what else could be done, sorry :(
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    gayle_afcb wrote:
    My mac does not like windows in any shape or form for some reason :roll:

Neither do I :lol:

I have no idea what the problem could be gayle_afcb, that's really strange. Applecare may be able to help but seeing as you've tried everything I don't see what else could be done, sorry :(

I'm lucky to have a mac care centre in the neighbouring town and took it there and they did a factory reset, installed my copy of windows, then a copy off their shelf and then a copy of XP and then one of the techies bought in his XP disc that worked on his machine to try that one! When bootcamp was updated they phoned me to go back for another try - it has them stumped!! There again I once blew up some component that was allegedly unbreakable until I came along!! The logics board blew and they had it to repair and every new board they put in did the same straight away, they finally narrowed it down to a particular component that in 8 years of using it in their machines not 1 person worldwide had managed to break! They love me :lol::lol:

I hate windows with a vengeance. My boss in an effort to save some money bought me a windows machine for work and I refused to go in and worked from home instead (graphics design/website building so I can do them anywhere). After about 3 months of the windows machine sat there unopened on my desk he gave in, took it home and bought me a macbook pro for work :lol::lol:
  • Options
    yenialyenial Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2011
    I did, support doesn't have an idea about the release date of CAW tool for mac
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hmm, so sorry banana_peely (great name!). Have you tried going into the lot, as if you were going to edit it, then going back to map view? Are they blue buildings or blue squares where the buildings should be? I've never had blue buildings before but I've had blue squares on empty lots.

Sorry, they are blue squares...

I went to build/buy mode to see if they would still be blue and they showed up as normal but then when I went back to edit town they were blue again...
    But as soon as I put a wall on the lot they showed up as normal....
    And only some lots were blue not every lot in the world??
    It is a very strange problem

• Options
    Me491Me491 Posts: 628 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I ask 1, just ONE SimGuru to actually look at one of these threads. You added create-a-pattern, why not Create-a-world? Exclusion is not fun :P

P.S: Change the title to "Create-A-World Mac? Guru please respond!" to get more attention. Sometimes that helps :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011

I went to build/buy mode to see if they would still be blue and they showed up as normal but then when I went back to edit town they were blue again...

Yep, it's really strange. It didn't happen to me with Bayou Beach but it did with Flora's Folly (I mentioned it when I uploaded it):

http://bluebellflora.wordpress.com/2010/07/17/link-to-my-new-world/

I think it has something to do with worlds being built pretty much at sea level. If the ground is considerably higher than the sea it doesn't seem to happen.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Yep, it's really strange. It didn't happen to me with Bayou Beach but it did with Flora's Folly (I mentioned it when I uploaded it):

http://bluebellflora.wordpress.com/2010/07/17/link-to-my-new-world/

I think it has something to do with worlds being built pretty much at sea level. If the ground is considerably higher than the sea it doesn't seem to happen.

Thanks for all your help, I think I will just have to get over it..
    :)
  • Options
    ut2k8ut2k8 Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    Signed
  • Options
    iiresistableiiresistable Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    sign me up for that
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited August 2011
    I tried to install Windows XP service Pack 2 with Bootcamp, but when trying to install the Mac cannot detect the keyboard despite trying a usb keyboard etc.
  • Options
    coolkitkat7coolkitkat7 Posts: 13
    edited August 2011
    I'm sorry EA, but I refuse to pay for windows to get create-a-tool when all those pc owners get it for nothing. I'm not even going to try and install windows because of all the problems I have heard about it. And, to be honest, it really isn't fair. Just because I use a different operating system, and it isnt just I - hundreds, maybe thousands of Mac users play The Sims 3.

Lastly, right now i don't want another expansion pack like Sims 3 Home Business (that would be awesome though I loved that in Sims 2). I would rather have CAW anyday. I'm sure many of you agree with me.

EA, you need to stop doing what you think will bring more customers. Instead, try and save the old ones.

coolkitkat7

PS. Macs rock! :D
  • Options
    playerelise270playerelise270 Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    This is ridiculous that mac users were not included in this, it's unfair. It's absolutely outrageous that they would create this tool for PC users only... I mean HELLO you make the game for both PC and MAC users. Some people just don't think...