The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have Monte Vista Questions for Sarah & Smitty?

Comments

• Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited November 2012
    just saw the chat monte vista video you girls are great i always enjoy your presentations

quick question and sorry if it has already been asked but can the eatery venue be placed in any world
  • Options
    dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited November 2012
    can you tell us which lot is best for festivals
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,519 Member
    edited November 2012
    rumbutter wrote:
    just saw the chat monte vista video you girls are great i always enjoy your presentations

quick question and sorry if it has already been asked but can the eatery venue be placed in any world

I'm sure it can be copied to the library. I assume your talking about the pizzaria.
  • Options
    KLYNNC25KLYNNC25 Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    I heard you cant buy this world directly with simpoints, it has to be like a bundle or something, i hope this isnt true as Ive just added simpoints to my account and would be so disappointed if this were true :oops: Please reply, thanks, the world is stunning :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Simmer_WillSimmer_Will Posts: 54 Member
    edited November 2012
    First off I just want to say that Lisa and Sarah did a great job with the live broadcast. You've got great chemistry together, you seem like great friends! Lisa you should try playing with walls cutaway, it's by far the best way to play, and the tab key enters cameraman mode which allows you to zoom in really close with the "z" key (the same way the camera works when Sims take pictures).

You both wanted to see some lots (don't worry Lisa, I totally lived off the exchange in my TS2 days haha!) This is my favourite world so far so I've decided to take on a big project. I'm going to building a bunch of EP-specific lots that aren't included in the world for anyone who doesn't want to have to build them themselves. I'll just have to wait until I get the world so that I can get all of the wall colours, roof colours, ground textures, etc., that are used around the world to make them fit in!

This is what I can think of so far:
    WA: Nectary
    AMB: Fire station, Consignment Store, Salon, Junkyard, Laundromat
    LN: Club, bar
    Pets: Pet store
    ST: Performance venues
    SN: Elixir consignment store
    Seasons: Festival lot
  • Options
    KLYNNC25KLYNNC25 Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    Can someone, anyone, please confirm for me that this world is not available to buy with my already bought and saved simpoints???!!! please say this isnt true it isnt right, if that were the case you guys should have announced that right from the 1st announcement! So many of us hurried and bought our simpoints thinking we would be able to purchase a for sale world that should be available to buy with our simpoints! It was real money when I bought those simpoints, please I just want to know 1.is it true? and 2.WHY??? Im sorry but ill have to pass on it if this are true and Ive heard so many other players doing the same around all sites and forums. PLEASE CHANGE THIS. I LOVE this world!! :cry:
  • Options
    dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    dragon114 wrote:

Very nice! Thanks for passing it along :D

SimGuruSmitty and SimGuruSara - thank you for the wonderfully entertaining and informative introduction to Monte Vista! I love the rich, earthy colors of this world - I can practically smell the oven baking all those goodies mixed with the sight and smell of the flowers, the water - I am really looking forward to this world! It is sense-sational! :D
  • Options
    JTelleri888JTelleri888 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    How many Simpoints does Monte Vista cost?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    rumbutter wrote:

I'm sure it can be copied to the library. I assume your talking about the pizzaria.

yes clp the pizzareia...thank you for your answer that is a big help to me :D
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited November 2012
    I want to say I am looking forward to this world and time seems slow. I love the rolling hills and honestly a bit of the fantasy it instills in my imagination (Book writer and 3D artist as you can see in my signature).

I have to ask will the routing be checked and doubled checked? I find that most EP and store worlds have a good amount of routing issues..
    Also how many houses inside the wall?

And I also agree..toddlers, children, and elders need much love..There is so little to choose in their wardrobes and it gets so tiresome..I usually don't play families long..(I'm trying!).

On the second beach you showed and said it wasn't a lot to it..it would so make a cozy shack for a fisherman..just dip it over into a Residental lot..XD!

• Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited November 2012
    Sarah and Smitty: Thank you so much for the great broadcast, the world broadcasts are probably my favourites of all. I love both of your enthusiasm. The world is stunning. :D

One question, that maybe isn't related to you specifically but could be passed on to another Guru: Would it be possible to see a Seasons Festival Lot made for this world and perhaps uploaded to the exchange for people who have this world and Seasons? I don't build, and I'd hate to put one in that doesn't match the distinct style of Monte Vista. Thanks. :-)

I've passed this feedback along to SimGuruGraham (who is the Festival Lot Guru!)
    Go bug him on Twitter, and if we poke him enough maybe he'll make some lots for Monte Vista ;-)

This would be awesome! :)
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yahtzami wrote:
    I have a couple of questions:

First, there is a Bistro/Bookstore in this world with outdoor seating. Can your sims actually choose to eat outside like with the base game Bistro? I have noticed that eating outside isn't an option with the Bistro/Market combo in Appaloosa Plains.

Second, I love the new wedding cake! Is it recolorable as well? (Please, Please, PLEASE say yes!)

Unfortunately no to both of these...for some reason combo RHs were not designed to let Sims sit outside at the bistros. I will bring that up with our engineers to see if it would be an easy fix for a future patch, but no promises.

The wedding cake is not recolor-able. This is because it has a separate model - a cake slice - tied to the cake, as well "half-eaten" cake models. Because there are so many different models tied to wedding cakes they are not recolor-able.

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus that all bistro rabbitholes should have outdoor seating options. It looks nice in-game and it is the main reason that my sims go to the bistro. If it is not possible to do with combo rabbitholes, then please make the bistros individual rabbitholes only. Thank you for considering this. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    KLYNNC25 wrote:
    I heard you cant buy this world directly with simpoints, it has to be like a bundle or something, i hope this isnt true as Ive just added simpoints to my account and would be so disappointed if this were true :oops: Please reply, thanks, the world is stunning :mrgreen:

we must buy a sp bundle for to get the world

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/614954.page
  • Options
    cutieePANDAcutieePANDA Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    Are there any new seeds or that kind of thing or?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,615 Member
    edited November 2012
    Do the walls of the city make it hard to get down into the buildings inside that area?

I know that with Lunar Lakes, the homes inside the big craters seem pretty awkward to play because it's hard to get the camera down well.

Will we be getting details of ALL the content included before the release or do we have to wait until the world comes out?
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2012
    ferret9005 wrote:
    This looks like wine country to me. I may have to clone the nectary from france and scroungs up some special grape seeds. Will there be any new plants to plant and new receipes coming?

That's a great idea. Copy the nectery from France and place it in Monte Vista.

If you have the Greenhouse there are grapes you can harvest to make necter.

This world is just begging for a nectary and vinyard. My nectary is the only lot I've built that I'm proud of (I usually suck at lot building) so I can't wait to add it to Monte Vista. I tried making a tomb in the basement though and it doesn't work! :lol:

I'm obsessed with gardening in the sims for some reason (I'm better at it in the game than in RL) so I'd love some more harvestables to add to my perfect garden! :D
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2012
    I think I forgot to say how happy I am that with the business building! Finally, an old business building that will fit in with my other worlds! I was really hoping for this because I can never place my business building (I've even tried using the one from sunlit tides as a beach-front business but that doesn't seem quite right either). So, I'm super-happy about this! :D:D:D

I would love a criminal/business and journalism/bookstore (publishing house) combo in the future, pretty please with mustaches on! :D

(I'll shut up now :wink: )
  • Options
    TDC95TDC95 Posts: 4,942 Member
    edited November 2012
    Will there be any historical content such as Rococo or Baroque included in this town in the form of sim content or objects?

If not will we be getting it in the store soon? :wink:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yea for more rabbitholes... I to love them..

but yes if we can't eat outside with a combo rabbithole, then please don't make them, it is just to sad.

combos I like (some I saw here)
    military+sience
    bookstore+grocery (a small mall, combine that on a lot with the cahsregistres shops and it be awsome)
    military+hospital (military hospital)?
    Buisnes+crime (simply to cool an idea)
    Buisnes/jurnalist+bookstore (Love that Cinderelli)
    could you merge the stadium with something?
    how about merging the movietheater with something?

I know some rabbitholes are EP specifik... but I would love recolors of the equestrian center, as they are both green....

would it be posible to make cash registers that worked for the foodshop?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    MyameeGirlMyameeGirl Posts: 234 Member
    edited November 2012
    BernardD wrote:
    Hey, how a bout a sneak peek at that pool mosaic? Cat's out of the bag right! Really curious about what kind of venue. It has a pool, so another spa? Hope it's something new! If it was made to fit in Monte Vista, I am sure it's going to be Old World style right?

My money is on a nectary venue of some kind! It would definitley be fitting in Monte Vista!
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited November 2012
    For those who want an option to eat outside at the bistro you could edit the lot and add an outside dinning area with a food register :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    RahataniRahatani Posts: 185 Member
    edited November 2012
    I know this is a thread for questions but here are all the things I love about Monte Vista:

*The old world style
    *The Tuscany/Italian influence
    *The walled city
    *The combined Military/Police Rabbit hole (I’m going to dress everyone who works there in Roman Gladiator style clothes).
    *The town halls: not just one... two versions!
    *The coliseum
    *The beach lots.
    * The *cough* respectable criminal building
    *The day spa area with the pool and hospital/science.
    *The library... another lot that is going to be stolen from Monte Vista and placed in so many other towns.
    *The brilliant work on the cobbled streets/sidewalks.
    *The blocked out doors on the back of the business rabbit hole.
    *Tables with tablecloths
    *The brilliant flower window box that can be re-coloured and applied to any window!
    *The gorgeous new hairstyle
    *The lovely world items like the trees, bridges and city walls (thanks for answering my question on that one Sarah and Lisa <3<3 )
    * The llamas ahead sign... love those llamas!
    *Ruins! My worlds are going to be covered in them!
    * The pizza oven, I’m hungry for garlic bread now.
    *The big paintings, my favourite is the lounging lady one.
    *The colour of the sun on the water. How is something so simple so gorgeous?

So, um, I really love this world! :oops: :lol:

^^ ALL OF THIS ^^

I am seriously stoked to get this world! Thanks to the design team for creating yet another masterpiece!

A question for the Gurus (apologies if it's already been asked and I just missed it): Is the Theatre rabbithole mixed in with the Stadium rabbithole to create the Coliseum? That was something that really confused me :oops: and also excited me :D If that's the case, I will have SO many gladiator Sims running around my world killing each other! :lol:
  • Options
    lovints2lovints2 Posts: 3,738 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Love the live broadcast :mrgreen: was wondering if we could maybe see a pic of Monte Vista covered in snow? I bet this town looks amazing in the winter :!:
  • Options
    maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited November 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    Yea for more rabbitholes... I to love them..

but yes if we can't eat outside with a combo rabbithole, then please don't make them, it is just to sad.

combos I like (some I saw here)
    military+sience
    bookstore+grocery (a small mall, combine that on a lot with the cahsregistres shops and it be awsome)
    military+hospital (military hospital)?
    Buisnes+crime (simply to cool an idea)
    Buisnes/jurnalist+bookstore (Love that Cinderelli)
    could you merge the stadium with something?
    how about merging the movietheater with something?

I know some rabbitholes are EP specifik... but I would love recolors of the equestrian center, as they are both green....

would it be posible to make cash registers that worked for the foodshop?
    the stadion and the movie theater would be a great combo for the arena in monte vista, because arena's are theaters