The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Superheroes!

I think an expansion pack of superheroes would be really cool, especially since there's a supernatural expansion pack. What if we could create a sim according to our fancy and have the option to gift him/her with certain superpowers? And extend their wardrobe with superhero costumes! :P I'm a huge superhero fan and would love a sims game that would enable me to create my own superhero story!

Comments

• Options
    Taffster74Taffster74 Posts: 530 Member
    edited July 2012
    I understand you're a newbie, so i'll try and be gentle with you. Superheroe's expansion pack - NO. If you want to be superhero in the sims have your sim take the law enforcement career path and reach the top to become captain hero. Otherwise, there are dozens of computer games on all formats devoted to superheroes. Besides this conversation was raised before and got absolutely nowhere. it did cause a few heated debates however....
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited July 2012
    Taffster74 wrote:
    I understand you're a newbie, so i'll try and be gentle with you. Superheroe's expansion pack - NO. If you want to be superhero in the sims have your sim take the law enforcement career path and reach the top to become captain hero. Otherwise, there are dozens of computer games on all formats devoted to superheroes. Besides this conversation was raised before and got absolutely nowhere. it did cause a few heated debates however....

I understand you're condescending, so I'll try to be nicer than you. You did not have to respond to the OP so rudely and shut her down like that. I think this is a great idea and there is a big difference between getting to be a star police officer and actually having super powers.

And I don't care about other games, so if I want to play a superhero sim, I think it would be a great idea for an expansion pack.

I've noticed a lot of threads in this forum get no where because a lot of people tend to get rude in this forum very quickly. Also, very few of the people in this forum actually read, from what I have noticed.

OP great idea and don't let rude people get you down. They wouldn't know a good idea if it hit them in the face. I think it'd be very fun! Maybe a mystique kind of sim that can morph herself to look and sound like other sims, maybe even steal their skills for a few hours?

The possibilities are endless and I think it'd be really fun!
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2012
    OP dont listen to RockoutDarci getting hit in the face is never a good idea and its quite painful.
  • Options
    EvezanEvezan Posts: 773
    edited July 2012
    Taffster74 wrote:

I must be missing something. Captain hero is from Sims 2, not 3. International Super Spy, or Dynamic DNA Profiler are the top of law enforcement career.

It obviously made some heated debates because of responses like yours. There are also "dozens" of games on all formats devoted to fishing, collecting, vampires, werewolves, zombies, and tons of other features already in Sims 3. So why don't you take your negative nancy attitude elsewhere unless you actually have a sensible reason why it should not be in the game.

I would love to see Superhero themes brought into the Sims 3. They was a survey that had Superhero/Supervilllain lairs as a stuff pack option.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,904 Member
    edited July 2012
    Captain hero from Sims 2 and whatever the top of the Criminal career was called were pretty funny.

I remember just after my Sim got promoted and changed into that awful outfit I was like :shock: did she just FLY to work?!?

and then I did have a couple where one was captain hero and the other whatever supervillan and they were married. One worked nights and one worked days. I thought it was hilarious :lol:
  • Options
    nickyfrombostonnickyfromboston Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Taffster74 wrote:

Okay I have so many issues with what you just said right there. One thing, you don't have to be so mean. "I understand you're a newbie, so I'll go gentle on you" 🐸🐸🐸🐸! You could say it nicely. Second thing, It's a good idea, and I bet you you would buy it if it came out, don't lie. Being able to fly and shoot lasers out of your hand or anything like that would be FREAKING AWESOME! Third thing, there might be a couple of games out there devoted to superhero's but sims has better graphics and more objects.
  • Options
    3DJ43DJ4 Posts: 1,125 New Member
    edited August 2012
    This is an AWESOME idea! :D I hope we get Superheros sometime down the line. If I get Superheros, Mermaids, and Dragons I wouldn't know what other life state to ask for ;)
  • Options
    Paul_BeastPaul_Beast Posts: 52 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Go play Naruto or whatever it's called the Sims is real life simulation not a fantasy game.
  • Options
    Robert123971Robert123971 Posts: 378 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Paul_Beast wrote:
    Go play Naruto or whatever it's called the Sims is real life simulation not a fantasy game.

Right, because vampires, werewolves, zombies, unicorns, disappearing gnomes, the grim reaper, genies, and ghosts are all there to give a realistic look. :roll: (to be fair, some of those mentioned are all a part of supernatural )

At the OP: I personally like that idea. It would be cute for there to be a super hero career path or even have them as a part of CAS, each with their own powers and fatal flaw.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Paul_Beast wrote:

Right, because vampires, werewolves, zombies, unicorns, disappearing gnomes, the grim reaper, genies, and ghosts are all there to give a realistic look. :roll: (to be fair, some of those mentioned are all a part of supernatural )

At the OP: I personally like that idea. It would be cute for there to be a super hero career path or even have them as a part of CAS, each with their own powers and fatal flaw.

That would frustrate me so much.
    Having people walk around in the world with a freaking tight super hero costume.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited August 2012
    Superheroes are not part of legends or fairy tales. On the other hand, all creatures so far are (except maybe Simbot, but he's a humanoid so that's also understandable).

Superheroes don't fit Sims at all. What will they do? Add crime and murders to Sims so we can choose to either save Sims or not?

How would it work? Same as when policeman takes down burglar? That would be ridiculous.

Not trying to be mean, but idea itself isn't exactly able to be played. It's a shell of the idea, but as of now - it's a no from me :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Superheroes are not part of legends or fairy tales. On the other hand, all creatures so far are (except maybe Simbot, but he's a humanoid so that's also understandable).

Superheroes don't fit Sims at all. What will they do? Add crime and murders to Sims so we can choose to either save Sims or not?

How would it work? Same as when policeman takes down burglar? That would be ridiculous.

Not trying to be mean, but idea itself isn't exactly able to be played. It's a shell of the idea, but as of now - it's a no from me :D

IKR!!!
    All they would do is go in a rabithole and saw fight crime.
    What would be cool is the traits they would provide. But this would be very Un-Sims like..
  • Options
    navywifey071209navywifey071209 Posts: 642 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I think this idea has potential :) There would have to be more to it than just "superheros" for me to be sold on it.

I understand there'd be awesome new outfits/hairstyles/careers/etc...what else could we come up with for this ep idea?
  • Options
    BoingoFail10BoingoFail10 Posts: 286 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Taffster74 wrote:

Geez, calm down! She was just stating her opinion so no need to be rude. :|
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    I like the idea, GorgeousRedbone! Welcome to the (argumentative :lol: ) forums! :D
  • Options
    BlueShreveBlueShreve Posts: 550 Member
    edited October 2012
    I really like the idea of super heros and villains they could even have sidekicks.

They would not have to walk around town in their superhero they could wear everday clothes then change into their costumes when needed.

The career itself could work similar to the Private inestegator career. And they could get into fights with villains or their arch enemy.

I think there would be enough things they could do to make it interesting. And if you don't want superheros in your game don't buy it.

Frankly Im ready for something new in sims 3, im tired of them remaking sims 2 EPs. I want something new.
    ZH6FuAy.png
    ----> Check out and download my creations HERE <----
    ----> View my Showcase thread HERE <----
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited October 2012
    If we can't get it added, I hope there will be a life and superhero simulator game, where you can simulate life but having to deal with having to save people and prevent disasters! :lol:
  • Options
    3DJ43DJ4 Posts: 1,125 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Valandis wrote:
    If we can't get it added, I hope there will be a life and superhero simulator game, where you can simulate life but having to deal with having to save people and prevent disasters! :lol:
    Having to balance a double life as a Superhero would be great in The Sims :D
  • Options
    xcrystalizexxcrystalizex Posts: 211 Member
    edited October 2012
    I think this idea definitely has potential. :)

A new career path could be an option. Maybe they could add a bank, and the superhero could stop a bank robbery? They could get into scuffles with criminals. Maybe even have Superhero and Super Villain career paths? We already have the regular criminals, but I feel they are already kind of taken care of by the Law Enforcement career....if you add Super Villains, you could add a whole new way to play the game. Thwarting evil plots and such.

I would buy it. :) It would be really cool to be able to build your own evil lair or superhero lair. Plus it would be fun having your sims keep up with your alter ego (Clark Kent/Superman type thing).

I would love to hear other simmers' ideas!

• Options
    Arkham_ZombieArkham_Zombie Posts: 554 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Paul_Beast wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:

IKR!!!
    All they would do is go in a rabithole and saw fight crime.
    What would be cool is the traits they would provide. But this would be very Un-Sims like..

Please tell me how exactly is this un-sims like? Sims has never been a just "real world" type of game. The original Sims 3 brought us ghosts, Late night brought us vampires, Showtime brought us genies, Supernatural brought us fairies, witches, werewolves, and zombies. So please try your hardest to explain to me in a respectable manor with valid reasonings and sources as to how a Superhero themed EP would be un-sims like. This idea is in no way a shell, With the addition of superheroes there would be villains. Which would do things villains try to do, take over the world, bring a stop to something, the ideas are practically limitless. It wouldn't need to be a rabbit hole either. Also even if this EP was created, there would be no murderers, as stated many times by the creators and producers of TS3, "Killing is not in the spirit of the sims." OP I think this is a great idea, I'd love to have this EP, I think one of the reasons so many people love the sims is that it's not just a game about life it also has fantasy in it as well.
  • Options
    ManticManManticMan Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I'm not very well comprehending the reasoning of naysayers here. Lateral thinking suggests maybe they fear EA would do this instead of whatever pet idea they've been pushing...

After all, that's the ONLY way it could affect them if they aren't buying the expansion.

Ignoring that, I think it's a great theme that would sell very well. Gameplay could pull ideas from the plots of television series such as My Hero and Greatest American Hero, which explored the home lives of superheroes. Not that more isn't possible within the bounds of Sims gameplay.

As for rabbithole careers, it seems odd that a basic superhero mod for Sims 3 hasn't been created already. Maybe it has...?
  • Options
    DecemDecem Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    its not so much doing the heroic acts as it will be what super heroes do in their down time. added challenge by having the super hero suddenly take off to save lives.
    having the powers is just a bonus for having to deal with that. who can balance a job family life and taking off at a moments notice to save the world huh?and for those that have pets can have super pets.

oh and if you don't like an expansion you don't have to buy it.i don't like having to deal with pets so i didn't buy pets one of the bests patches for a problem i've ever had

happy simming
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2013
    3DJ4 wrote:
    Valandis wrote:
    Having to balance a double life as a Superhero would be great in The Sims :D

It's funny when old threads get bumped sometimes! I like this comment from 3DJ4... did this comment come before or after the double-life option on the survey? :wink:
  • Options
    Luis_CarlosLuis_Carlos Posts: 228 Member
    edited March 2013
    Sims Heroes could be a spin-off, retrocompatible with sims 3 store and stuff packs. Something like a mixture of firefighter from Ambitions and mysims agents, with batles like swordfighting from Sims Medieval.

It isn´t a bad suggestion.

• Options
    Meechiey2XratedMeechiey2Xrated Posts: 43 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Paul_Beast wrote:

You stole the words right out my nouth