Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A newbie to sims3.com!

Just a hello to all like minded simmers out there! Have played it since year 0 and have all the games and expansion packs and I am never off it!

So yes! New to all of this so any help or pointers will be most appreciated!

Lots of Love

Jen!

Comments

• Options
    XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited December 2011

Welcome to the forums Jenn!

• Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forums!!!

A few little pointers:
    ALWAYS look at the date of the last reply in a post. (At least the last reply.) So many old threads get dragged up from 2009 when it would be more useful to just make a new thread for the topic.

Every so often there will be a really bad troll outbreak. Don't let that make you never come back. The forums are usually a nice, fun place. But every once in a while some idiot has to ruin it.

Don't take things too personally. This is how most fights start. Someone makes some sarcastic remark to no one in particular and someone else thinks it's about them and decides to get ridiculously defensive.

Stand up for your opinions, but in a cordial way. Just because people have different opinions doesn't mean one of them is "wrong and should just shut up."

HAVE FUN!!! :D This is supposed to be a fun place for simmers to come together and interact. And all too often people forget that and it turns into a mean place.

• Options
    Jdrizzle91Jdrizzle91 Posts: 323 New Member
    edited December 2011
    pointers:

-If you have not heard yet, EA is doing a giveaway where they randomly pick 5 people a day to give an item on there wishlist to through december 25th. You can sign up in the sims 3 store section of the forum.
    -look out for daily deals, 3 items I have bought have since gone on DD which was frustrating. But it's also nice when you catch the deals :D
    -the massage chair premium content item is currently 25 percent off which is nice if you want it, I got it about 10 minutes ago.

Also, since you have been playing from the beginning, what is your favorite expansion from the sims 1 and why? Just curious :o
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, Jenn! I hope you have a nce time here :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AmagirlAmagirl Posts: 2,525 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Jen! :)
  • Options
    GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forums Jenn! :P :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jenn2203jenn2203 Posts: 120
    edited December 2011
    Aww I feel so welcomed!!!

Hmm in relation to my favourite EP sims1 i would have to say: Hot date! I loved all the little touches like 'foot rub under the table'!!

But I so wish If they could bring an EP back id say seasons and a santa claus!! Especially at this time of year?

As for Sims Points. I only get them if ive registered a game (for free) I wouldnt buy them - not flush with cash!!

What else would everyone like to see in Sims? Or is there anything you find pretty pointless?

xxxxxx

Merry christmas guys!!!
  • Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome to the forums :D
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jenn, welcome to the forums, I really enjoy it here especially reading about whats going on in others games and the pictures. I dont have any pointers that others haven't already suggested. The sweepstake is only open to USA and Canada though just incase you are somewhere else, the fact you used the term flush with cash suggests you are in the UK like myself. Look forward to chatting to you.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    capgalcapgal Posts: 308 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! :)
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forums :D
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    mrsmilesalotmrsmilesalot Posts: 3,108 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forums Jen! Read the rules and you'll be fine. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mollymoo15Mollymoo15 Posts: 6,448 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forums. Have a nice time here! :)
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forums!

A few bits of advice:

1. The tone you initially see might not be the actual tone of the post. There's often people on here will mistake a post with a tone of playful, neutral, or the like as hostile. Sometimes, even a friendly post. I've had a couple of jokes get serious replies as well.

2. Honestly? Don't trust a certain famous blog. You'll see my name and certain other people's pop up often. Sometimes they're telling the truth, but just as often they're telling blatant lies. Don't be surprised if you check the URLs of their screencaps and the truth turns out to be something entirely different than what they said.

3. If someone accuses you of trolling, stop and consider that it's possible you may be... but that doesn't mean you're a troll. If someone calls a post trollish, that doesn't necessarily mean it's actually trolling, but that it's close. Regular posters can, and sometimes do, troll; it's a fact of life that people are more complex than a single post will reveal. Sometimes, people behave differently in different forums, and it's a combination of all of their behaviors that one must look at.

4. People can simply have the wrong information and defend it not knowing it's wrong. I've had that happen to me before; I usually admit I'm wrong. If a person admits they're wrong and adjusts their stance according to the new information, please don't be a troll and try to insult them for it. It means they're actually learning from the change in information and that they're adapting to it. Attacking them for doing that is only going to encourage them to be even worse towards you in the future... and, honestly, a lot of simmers need to learn this one, even if I have to behead every one of them and shove the lesson down their throats.

5. Sometimes, people use hyperbole, like my above death threat against the entire site. It's not meant to be taken seriously, usually. Sometimes, it is. Sometimes, I'll post a sarcastic, hyperbole-heavy comment and end up defending it simply out of my love to argue. People do some stupid crap from time to time, and I'm no exception.
  • Options
    may_nilanmay_nilan Posts: 950 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I hope you have fun.
    My only advice is to not trust the person above me. :mrgreen:
    Hehe, just joking. We're all lovely here. :D
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2011
    may_nilan wrote:

Hey, now! I'm completely trustworthy! I haven't tricked anyone into becoming a sacrifice to Cthulhu since the last guy! :P
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited December 2011
    Hi hun , Welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forums!

A few bits of advice:

5. Sometimes, people use hyperbole, like my above death threat against the entire site. It's not meant to be taken seriously, usually. Sometimes, it is. Sometimes, I'll post a sarcastic, hyperbole-heavy comment and end up defending it simply out of my love to argue. People do some stupid crap from time to time, and I'm no exception.

Watch out for this one, she has me worried with all her talk of beheading she will have effigees of us in her game next making us suffer and do her bidding (only kidding), but she does raise a good point everyone has off days and flame wars aren't worth the hassle.
    Oh and a good tip is there is a report button if you see seomthing that is nasty and you think brings the community down dont be afraid to use it, just not for personal gripes.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    may_nilanmay_nilan Posts: 950 New Member
    edited December 2011
    may_nilan wrote:

Hey, now! I'm completely trustworthy! I haven't tricked anyone into becoming a sacrifice to Cthulhu since the last guy! :P
    Of course you haven't. :lol:
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forums!.
  • Options
    kittee4kittee4 Posts: 652 New Member
    edited December 2011
    hello, and welcome to the forums! :D
  • Options
    ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited December 2011
    Wow, since the year zero? You must be pretty old. ;):lol:

Welcome to the site! :D
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome to the forums. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forums :)
  • Options
    NikkiBeth20NikkiBeth20 Posts: 610 Member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forums! BEWARE of the TROLLS!