Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EP6 Clue: The Sims 3 Showtime?

Comments

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited November 2011
    It could be real, but the ep is half a year away from release, so theres no need to start quarrelling!

For heaven's sake, who's quarreling? We're just having a difference of opinion. You remind me of my son-in-law with his infamous "tone of voice". I swear, if I raise my voice ever-so-slightly, the man thinks I'm screaming. :roll:
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited November 2011
    It could be real, but the ep is half a year away from release, so theres no need to start quarrelling!

LOL. If you think this is "quarreling", you ain't seen nothing yet.

That's funny since you joined before all of the Generations arguments.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited November 2011
    barisaxy wrote:

LOL. If you think this is "quarreling", you ain't seen nothing yet.

That's funny since you joined before all of the Generations arguments.

We don't quarrel on these forums! Sure, we're sometimes launching nuclear bombs at each other, calling Exterminatus down upon our foes, bombarding entire sections of the forum with plague-bombs... But that's not quarreling! It's slightly heated civilized discussion.

Oh, and the God-Emperor states only the title is for certain to be legit. Any statement that contradicts his holy decree is heresy and heretics will be purged :wink:
  • Options
    VictoriousSimmerVictoriousSimmer Posts: 2,715
    edited November 2011
    I think of new skills and jobs and places. Like, circus's and stuff. Skills could be like, juggling, magic tricks ect. Jobs could be clowns, they could finally put in magicians and maybe they could do host, like, they could host the circus(:
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited November 2011
    Im thinking it might be a new form of the old expansion pack Superstar kinda a simular idea in away.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited November 2011
    Read on a site that it was a magic EP don't know if that is true.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited November 2011
    i read it was a farm ep . called sims 3 Llama thre was box art and everything :lol:
  • Options
    hannahmaryhannahmary Posts: 42
    edited November 2011
    Vermatrix wrote:
    i know but wouldent it be amusing to see all the OMG FARM EP!!!!! posts about it .

yeahright.jpg

feel better? lol

I WANT LLAMA TIME!!! :mrgreen:

heh heh :lol:

If you can't tell i am joking, you probably think showtime is real, don't you?
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited November 2011
    We don't quarrel on these forums! Sure, we're sometimes launching nuclear bombs at each other, calling Exterminatus down upon our foes, bombarding entire sections of the forum with plague-bombs... But that's not quarreling! It's slightly heated civilized discussion. :wink:

lol
  • Options
    RalfijsRalfijs Posts: 38 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Okay guys, if anyone is interested in the trailer that got taken down off youtube, you can see it here. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmgt61_fake-showtime-trailer_videogames Sadly, it looks completely fake to me. EA would never use real life stuff in The Sims, right?
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited November 2011
    Ralfijs wrote:
    Okay guys, if anyone is interested in the trailer that got taken down off youtube, you can see it here. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmgt61_fake-showtime-trailer_videogames Sadly, it looks completely fake to me. EA would never use real life stuff in The Sims, right?

Yea, I think its fake.
  • Options
    ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited November 2011
    It seems very odd, since there are real and fake elements that make it hard to tell. The FOX voiceover is the real deal, the graphics look polished, but it's so unlike EA to use english music with absolutely no gameplay footage. Plus in the boxart, they use the same picture from Late Night. :?

I guess we'll see!

• Options
    samtylr89samtylr89 Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2011
    no way will there be a sims showtime they have pretty much done this with late night using the celebrity factor rumours and disgrace etc.. even putting a movie studio in it aswell this is defo not the next expansion pack keep thinking guys lol
  • Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited November 2011
    I still think it might be legit. The audio track has to be real. I can tell if someone has cut and paste together audio to make something sound real, and the audio sounds legit. Like some others, I kinda feel like this might have been thrown together by the Sims Team to pitch to the higher ups at EA. Or the other possibility that this was an unused promo for Late Night before they changed the name, if it's beta name was Showtime. Another reason I am thinking that it might be legit is due to EA banning some people for mentioning Showtime as EP 6, that and how fast they had this "trailer" removed from YouTube the first time it was uploaded. Who knows... If the one on YouTube and/or the other upload gets pulled, that might be a sign that at least the name is real and EA doesn't want a repeat of what happened earlier this year. Remember the leaked early Gen and Pets trailers?
  • Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited November 2011
    One other thing, don't forget that the features mentioned were included in a sims3.com community poll earlier this year. The first choice is exactly what the voice over mentioned.

Which of these game features sound the most exciting?

Social features – in-game messaging, friends lists, send Sims to your friends’ games!
  • Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited November 2011
    Sims can barely travel in their own world now they are trying to make them travel in ours?

If true, I see this opening up a whole new set of problems, especially considering CC.

If sharing sims is really the core of the EP I have no interest in it whatsoever. The rest of it is probably all rabbitholes and skill building.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited November 2011
    Bafendo wrote:
    One other thing, don't forget that the features mentioned were included in a sims3.com community poll earlier this year. The first choice is exactly what the voice over mentioned.

Which of these game features sound the most exciting?

Social features – in-game messaging, friends lists, send Sims to your friends’ games!

But I could've sworn that the resort town option won this by a mile.
  • Options
    Renyc7Renyc7 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited November 2011
    I think EA wants to try something new with the sims 3 because of the success of the sim social on facebook. I'm excited about anything new that would change the game up. I'm getting boring with the sims 3, and the expansion pack are all the same.
  • Options
    Rianna90Rianna90 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Bafendo wrote:
    I still think that it might have something to do with Aliens. Mainly because of that thing that EA Russia Boss said. Something about life but in a different way, or something like that.

The Russian EA guy said it was about 'a different aspect of life' and then he went on to say that Generations was about aspects of life. He did not say it was about a different life-form, which might imply aliens. In fact, when the person speaking to him asked if it was about space or aliens, the Russian EA said no, but nice try.

This doesn't mean aliens won't make a come-back, but probably not in this EP.
  • Options
    RalfijsRalfijs Posts: 38 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Look, what I found searching through SimsVIP(credit to someone named Nicole, because she originally posted this in the comments). Listen at 7:00 minutes : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-c5XA-aL3mo That totally sounds like what should be in TS3: Showtime, doesn't it? Ohh, I'm so excited. :D And, also read this: http://www.simprograms.com/29661/the-sims-3-com-community-poll-on-possible-new-game-features/. Apparently we had a poll somewhere, I probably missed it. :D
  • Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited November 2011
    Why would clubs be 'showtime'? I don't understand how that relates to shows. Somebody suggested that 'showtime' could have been a beta name for Late Night, and that sounds like a resonable explaination.

Also people are saying that they've seen things from the surveys put into the description of showtime, it would be easy to copy those, put them in your fake description, and make people believe it is real because "That's what the sims 3 creators asked about!"

One fake expansion pack on wikipedia was about circuses, and now circuses are included in the description of showtime, it sounds like they are taking everybody's little fake ideas and combining them together. (Sorry if I got the plural for circus wrong, I know there are people who will ingore everything I just said and be angry at me for misspellings.)
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,004 Member
    edited November 2011
    Simsfan95173,

I have a feeling that the Sims 3 Showtime is a fake. The one trailer I saw for it, didn't look real, other than the Sims 3 icon that they had at the beginning, so until EA comes out and says other wise, I have a feeling its not going to be the next expansion pack.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited November 2011
    sHOWTIME.jpg

this is supossedly the picture for showtime
    its fake b.c the llettering is supossed to be black and white and i heard that the trailer was totally fake aw well.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited November 2011
    im still holding out for Llama Time

yeahright.jpg
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited November 2011
    You know what? Actually, I think I'm wanting Llama Time as well.

Why don't we flood their customer service people with asking about it?