Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Classic 70's Ranch style house!

cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
Remember brown wicker lampshades, wood paneling, and a jungle of house plants, almond gold, avocado green, really bad wallpaper and earth tones of the 70’s? This house has it ALL! Forgive me! I couldn’t help myself! But it's a perfect "starter" for Generations or even without it! Take a look!

Screenshot-22.jpg

Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-31.jpg

Screenshot-33.jpg

Screenshot-44.jpg

Screenshot-46.jpg

Screenshot-48.jpg

Link to full Facebook album with captions:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1967633544925.112642.1065524036

Link to lot:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4148627

Hope you like it! If not, I totally understand. :lol:

8) Cameo

TS3Siggy.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2011
    Ahh... reminds me a bit of my childhood home :lol: That kitchen linoleum is just too perfect! Left you a rec.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ahh... reminds me a bit of my childhood home :lol: That kitchen linoleum is just too perfect! Left you a rec.

Thanks, KittKat! I KNOW! Gives me shivers looking at it! Thanks for the REC! Love you!

:mrgreen: Cam
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited June 2011
    This is simply adorable, Cameo! What a great throwback house. Love the wood paneling in the living room with all the plants and the linoleum on the kitchen too! Very homey. Love the back yard too! I left a rec too!
  • Options
    BritterflyBritterfly Posts: 266 New Member
    edited June 2011
    This is a perfect little home for generations! Awesome job, sending you a rec.
  • Options
    YorkchopYorkchop Posts: 348 Member
    edited June 2011
    Cameo, you did capture the 1970s with this! Is that Three's Company I see on the tube?

:P
  • Options
    fuscaluxfuscalux Posts: 141 New Member
    edited June 2011
    even the round-edge pool reminds me of that era. Great work on the kitchen
  • Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited June 2011
    All those plants around the TV - love it :D Great job, rec'd it :thumbup:
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    AndijvieAndijvie Posts: 512 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Oh wow, that takes me back! My aunt and uncle used to live just like that :D Great, I'm definitely downloading it! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I keep looking at these pics. The half wall with the railing is spot-on 70s!
  • Options
    Jordie09Jordie09 Posts: 580 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Aweeeesommeeee
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited June 2011
    Oh Cam! You hit the nail on the head...and yes....I am old enough to remember the 70s well. This is just perfect! All it needs is a set of matching simmies....a Jack, Janet and Chrissy would be perfect...lol! Or maybe Rhoda?
    Excellent job, my friend. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Anjubee wrote:
    This is simply adorable, Cameo! What a great throwback house. Love the wood paneling in the living room with all the plants and the linoleum on the kitchen too! Very homey. Love the back yard too! I left a rec too!

Anjubee! How ya doin'? Thanks for your nice comment and the rec! That means a lot LOT to me. Take care, hon!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Britterfly wrote:
    This is a perfect little home for generations! Awesome job, sending you a rec.

Thanks for your comment and rec, Britterflly! It was fun and I'm glad you like it.
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Anjubee wrote:

Anjubee! Ha ya doin'? Thanks for your nice comment and the rec! That means a lot LOT to me. Take care, hon!

Cameo, this is a great build and I love the memories. The hanging plants and giant house plants ... you killed it! I downloaded and rec'd it. It's installed in my world.

:D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh Cam! You hit the nail on the head...and yes....I am old enough to remember the 70s well. This is just perfect! All it needs is a set of matching simmies....a Jack, Janet and Chrissy would be perfect...lol! Or maybe Rhoda?
    Excellent job, my friend. :D

Ruthie dawlin'! Wow! I'm getting great reviews from some serious "big hitters" here, including YOU now! How exciting! Where's ED? LOL! As for the TV characters you suggested, they were done in TS2 and for the life of me, I can’t remember who built all of the great TV sit-com homes and apartments but she was AMAZING! I had a whole hood devoted to sit-coms and even built the Regal Beagle (on the beach) for 3’s Co. So glad you like this house and thanks for your comment and rec. Nice to see you again, GF!
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yorkchop wrote:
    Cameo, you did capture the 1970s with this! Is that Three's Company I see on the tube?

:lol: YES ... it IS! :lol::lol::lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    fuscalux wrote:
    even the round-edge pool reminds me of that era. Great work on the kitchen

Thanks, fuscalux! I so appreciate you taking the time to comment!
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yorkchop wrote:

:lol: YES ... you DO! :lol::lol::lol:

That's funny because I am watching season 2 of Three's Company as we speak. I love the Roper's!

I am a child of the '70s.

:lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    All those plants around the TV - love it :D Great job, rec'd it :thumbup:

I KNOW! Someone once said they needed a machete to get through the front door. I have ONE live plant in my house now but it's like 30-yrs-old, if you can imagine. Thanks for the rec!
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Andijvie wrote:
    Oh wow, that takes me back! My aunt and uncle used to live just like that :D Great, I'm definitely downloading it! Thanks!

Thanks Andijvie! Glad you like it enough to DL it! Far OUT! :wink:
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yorkchop wrote:
    I keep looking at these pics. The half wall with the railing is spot-on 70s!

Thanks Yorkchop! Just today, I told a coworker about this and about that half wall and she mentioned that she has one in her 10-yr-old house so I guess they will never go out of style. Good thing too cuz I love ‘em!
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Jordie09 wrote:
    Aweeeesommeeee

Thanks, Jordie! I'm enjoying all of the feedback here! :D
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yorkchop wrote:
    Yorkchop wrote:

That's funny because I am watching season 2 of Three's Company as we speak. I love the Roper's!

You're killin' me! :lol: You made a WORLD? Where is it?
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yorkchop wrote:
    Yorkchop wrote:

Cameo, my dear, I added your lot to the world I've been playing in for several weeks, which is Georgia Falls. It's my favorite world yet. Thanks for the memories and here's a peek:

http://babolatbuiltit.livejournal.com/4586.html

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Yorkchop wrote:
    Yorkchop wrote:
    Yorkchop wrote:

:lol: YES ... it IS! :lol::lol::lol:

Cameo, my dear, I added your lot to the world I've been playing in for several weeks, which is Georgia Falls. It's my favorite world yet. Thanks for the memories and here's a peek:

http://babolatbuiltit.livejournal.com/4586.html

:roll:Oh darn, drat & fewy! The only "simmer made" world I use is Fort Sim (FS) by ehaught58 (Ed) and this/my house is more appropriate for IT since his world is based on the actual location of my house, San Antonio, TX. But thanks for the link. It looks awesome and I'm glad you like it and glad my house fits in it! :wink:
    TS3Siggy.jpg