The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Waddesdon Manor - by jisgr8

Comments

• Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited May 2011
    I just want to add that i finally had the pleasure of checking out this lot in game. I love the awesome statue touches and the use of CFE on each of the top floor windows, The patterns are breathtaking, the garden with its tera forums floor beds are exquisite. Masterful work. I can not say enough good things about it. Inspiring too. I am prob going to make my home city world (Victoria BC) and we have a crystal garden pool like the one in your back yard and often wondered how i was going to pull that off, i hope you dont mind if i borrow your idea of using that elegant fencing and colour, because the dome of the Crystal garden is exactly like that.
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited May 2011
    Wow, wow and wow again! Heck, have another wow! I think I can say, no, I *know* I can say with certainty that this house has impressed me more than any other on the exchange, and that's not to be taken lightly as there are some absolute beauties out there. The excruciating level of detail you've gone to is amazing- I know I would have long since died before finishing this! I rec'd and fav'd this the moment I saw it on the exchange (congrats on the feature btw, if ever a lot deserved it...) and wish my game would handle playing such a magnificent home. In fact I think I might just download this to drool over. ;)
    I'm a member of the National Trust and if/when I get a chance to see this home in real life I'd love to go... though something tells me it might not live up to the Sim version! I do have one question, however... How on earth can you top this? xD
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited May 2011
    I really don't think I have words for this, J -but I'll try...

This must be the most incredible sim build I have seen yet. The realism is fantastic, your construction skills are flawless. I'm just trying to imagine all the work those celings really are, placing those tiles can be a nightmare sometimes, and you're doing those elaborate golden patterns! As I'm totally hopeless when it comes to roofs, I can do nothing but to drool over yours. The whole thing is so luxurious, so elegant, so... WOW!

Already rec'd and fav'd, of course! Congrats on the well deserved feature too!! :)

I will have to agree with tdewd though - how on earth can you top this??
  • Options
    jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited May 2011
    DeathNoteSim – You might be right. Honestly there were a few times at the beginning when I wanted to quit the whole thing because of the scale of the place. I’m really happy I pulled it off though especially hearing all the great feedback. Thanks

SimGuruHydra – Wow thank you so much! That’s truly an honor and tell everyone I said thanks! :mrgreen:

SmokyTopaz – Thank you Smoky you're too kind! That means a lot. And lol about the crown :lol:

EMPRESSPAMELA – Sorry, I was afraid it might be a tad too much lot for some pc's. It’s playable on my system, but loading takes a bit especially just going into build mode, which takes over 5 minutes :oops: But I'm glad you like the place and thanks for the compliments.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,396 Member
    edited May 2011
    Ummm, what everybody else said! :D

No joke, I thought at first these were pictures of a real mansion until I realized they were of your build. :shock: Every picture I looked at I kept saying, "How the h**l did he do that," with my mouth hanging open of course. :lol:

This creation needs at least 2-3 rec'ds instead of just 1. Congrats on a truly amazing work of art.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited May 2011
    EDIT: Thank you so much Jon for this build - it is incredible! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Mykalaply – TY :D

beaglelover2008 – Thanks beaglelover. The pool roof is done with CFE. If you check out my blog you can find a tutorial on how I created it: http://whyplumbobsaregreen.blogspot.com/2011/03/what-is-cfe.html

KLorelei – Thank you!

Scorpiophoenix –TY. I know I’d be hard pressed to find use for every room, but I guess with a huge mansion that having a ridiculous number of rooms is for the sake of having a ridiculous number of rooms

YOTEAMO – Lol Thanks! :mrgreen:

Bellili – Thank you Bellili. I’ll warn you, it takes a while ;)

Gokukaren – Thanks Karen. I’m thrilled you like the interior work because it is the most difficult and frustrating for me. I love being able to CAS, but due to my design OCD sometimes I miss the old TS2 days.

MeestorMark – Hey Meestor! Thank you. I appreciate your feedback. My fav shot/room is the pool as well. It’s not a part of the real life estate and I designed it with the Neptune pool of San Simeon in mind. The place has pretty much everything else so it definitely needed a pool.

follyfoot – Thank you! Your compliments mean a lot. And TY for the DRF :mrgreen:
  • Options
    beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited May 2011
    Oh, thanks. I never knew how that cheat worked...
  • Options
    ipersonirocksipersonirocks Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    This is the most amazing lot i've ever seen on the exchange!! Great job. And congrats on the feature
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BrennaWBrennaW Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited May 2011
    ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! Missed your masterpieces hon! Sent you a pm...then found thread. I think the pool is divine. :D

XO

Luv Bre
  • Options
    sammywhamsammywham Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2011
    wow. That is just...... how in the world....... that looks amazing! I can't even get close to making something that incredible!
  • Options
    KariaLunariaKariaLunaria Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2011
    OMG, Just WOW. Truly Amazing :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    kquinn1990 – Thanks! :D

Krisque – Hey Krisque. That’s very kind of you to say TY!

SimShine – Thanks for the comments! With the size of the place and all the objects I wasn’t surprised it reached a million simoleons. I got tired of typing “motherlode” with my tester sim.

pistons27275 – Thank you pistons. Your feedback means a lot and I’m glad you like the place :D

marcel21 – Thanks marcel!

svlyn – Thanks again svlyn. I’m thrilled you like the garden. I tried my best to recreate those in RL and I’m happy how they turned out. And no problem using that idea. It looks really beautiful in game with the “natural” light streaming through.

Tdewd – TY! I’m working on a Versailles so I just might be able to top it.

Linday – Thanks Linday! Don’t get me started on the ceilings. At least they turned to Swiss cheese only once on the ground floor and before I furnished the second floor. All I can say it was frustrating.

bshag4lv – Thank you! That’s a wonderful compliment.

spartan1 - Thanks again!

Ipersonirocks – TY! :D
  • Options
    Cassie11PPCassie11PP Posts: 272 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hello dear jisgr8,

your new building is so incredible, I love it. give_heart_girl.gif

I find no words for this architecture, I am really speechless. give_rose_girl.gif

Congrats to the feature for this building. ja2.gif

iw5839.gif

Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand what I want to say. :wink:
  • Options
    LadyPietaLadyPieta Posts: 124 Member
    edited May 2011
    I've been checking your blog every day for an update - imagine my surprise and delight to find it Featured on the Exchange! Yeah, I can't imagine the work and time and talent that went into this work of art! Simply Amazing work!!! Thanks for sharing!

:thumbup: :D
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited May 2011
    I had to drop by and say I love this build. I've had it in my game for awhile now and everytime I load up the game I have to go thru this house. It's just amazing! Beautiful work, and congratulations on the feature :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    BrennaW – Thanks Bre! I’m happy you like the pool. It’s the only part of the structure that wasn’t part of the original plan.

Sammywham - Thank you! I’m grateful for the feedback.

KariaLunaria - Thanks :D

Cassie11PP – Perfectly understandable and thank you!

LadyPieta – Sorry for the wait :oops: and I’m thrilled you like the lot. Thanks :mrgreen:

Mene - Thanks! Surprisingly it plays pretty well despite the size of the place though getting around takes forever. My tester lives with a mummy who I have to do the cleaning/laundry…let’s just say that it’s a good thing mummies don’t sleep :wink:
  • Options
    PhilGrochollPhilGrocholl Posts: 40 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I just wanted to say that this creation is SPECTACULAR!!!! When I saw this, my jaw dropped and I couldn't believe my eyes, but there it is in all its splendor and beauty. This place is fit for a king!! Keep up the awesome work! :)
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited May 2011
    EA stands to make a lot of money this weekend because of you. Now I have to buy all the things missing on your list. This will be my home when Generations comes out. Now I just need pets for my Yorkie :)

There's nothing simple about this creation and the fact that I will be in the only 1.1 million dollar house makes it even better :) My sims are always rich. I can be realistic $$regarding money$$ in real life. In the sims I'm as rich as ever! Thanks for making it so grand!
  • Options
    simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Ohmygod this is just amazing. This is by far the most breathtaking home I have ever seen on any sim site, including fan sites. I'll probably end up just staring at it as soon as I play it...
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,115 Member
    edited May 2011
    Such an incredible build J. Definitely worthy of the feature a hundred times over. Already rec'd of course ;)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    yield2dyield2d Posts: 80 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Breathtaking absolutley breathtaking. Also I was wondering if you would mind if I used this in my medival legacy it would mean a lot too me :) I would give you full credit of course. Let me know, I would really love to use this!!

Thank you!
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited May 2011
    jisgr8, I have been following this build on your blog for some time. You do Chateauesque proud! While Kimwriter75's latest Johnny Depp Sim creation seemed to have a bunch of the female simmers salivating in a most unladylike fashion I have to add this this build really gets the juices flowing for me!! You have captured the feel of this impressive chateau beautifully. Your interior texturing and layout is amazing! I think I'll stick to smaller builds!, LOL. :wink: Re,d and fav'd
    Kirk
    5678188462_3689759933_z.jpg
  • Options
    SupadanceSupadance Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I love it so much.
    Columns & Wall, I want you tell the loading.(www)
    :D:D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sorry for taking so long to reply. I seemed to have lost track of this thread :oops:

PhilGrocholl – Thank you. That’s very kind of you to say :D

Cyberqueen13 – Thanks! Looking at the list of store stuff is embarrassing seeing the ridiculous amount of money I’ve spent on a single game :oops: Hopefully with how many people have dl’d the lot doesn’t mean there are as many suckers out there like me ;)

Simgreen – There’s a lot to stare at with this lot. Without the built-in sim finding features I’d lose sims easily in the place. Hope you enjoy the lot and thanks for commenting.

BluebellFlora – Thank you Bluebell. That means a lot. :mrgreen:

yield2d – TY! Of course feel free to use it. Send links so I can take a look sometime too. I always love to see how people use my builds in game.

socalkdl – Thanks Kirk! Great to hear from you and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I’m glad you like the layout. I took a while to get it right due to the strange shape of the house and the sheer size of it. Glad to hear it turned out as wells as I hoped.

Supadance – Thanks, I’m happy you like it.