The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations will be destroyed by Vamps and Celebs!

Will Vampires and Celebs invade the town? I don't want this to happen to my town once i get Generations! They can exist but one or two family per town!! I want a quota that is sets a limit the amount of Celebrities and Vamps that can be in the town! I'm terrified to turn on story progression as it will trigger the Vampire/Celebrity Plague to spread around town.. This has happened to all my new towns that i started playing! I tried mastercontroller but it made my game un-playable, i will never use any other mods. Also i enjoy Late Night's other features and do not plan to uninstall it. EA should fix this!

P.s And remember with celebs comes paparazzis ! ANNOYING!! FIX THIS!!!

Comments

• Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited May 2011
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    Will Vampires and Celebs invade the town? I don't want this to happen to my town once i get Generations! T...

Personally, I find the paparazzis more annoying. They seem to be everywhere, even if the town has no celebs in it!
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    simsAsyrafsimsAsyraf Posts: 262 Member
    edited May 2011
    Glic2003 wrote:
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    Will Vampires and Celebs invade the town? I don't want this to happen to my town once i get Generations! T...

Personally, I find the paparazzis more annoying. They seem to be everywhere, even if the town has no celebs in it!

Finally! Someone that understands my pain! yes the paps are irritating, cool at first but, annoying!
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited May 2011
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    Glic2003 wrote:
    simsAsyraf wrote:

Finally! Someone that understands my pain! yes the paps are irritating, cool at first but, annoying!

Finally? Have you ever been to the Late Night forum, most people don't understand that paparazzis exist in the real world, and do stalk celebrities.
  • Options
    LadyInBlackLadyInBlack Posts: 117 Member
    edited May 2011
    i would like the option of turning off the false accusations, especially against children who have no recourse. I hate that particular feature especially when I have a sim with the Super Popular ambition.

The paparazzi is a pain as well as having a city full of vampires.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    clubers wrote:
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    Glic2003 wrote:
    simsAsyraf wrote:

Finally? Have you ever been to the Late Night forum, most people don't understand that paparazzis exist in the real world, and do stalk celebrities.

Yes i know they exist in the real world but what i'm saying is that they are annoying in the game with their accusations and following sims home especially if the town is infested with celebs they are everywhere!
  • Options
    simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited May 2011
    clubers wrote:
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    Glic2003 wrote:
    simsAsyraf wrote:

O_o

I have the celebrity infestation problem too.

The thing is that if you have you have a LOT of celebrities in your town, then you have a Lot of paparazzi too and that is not fun when yo uhave a lot of paparazzi everywhere always in the way.
    Also my sims would accused of the most dumbest things for no reason and many times too. smh

I also wonder when are they going to fix the laggy Car Glitch???
  • Options
    TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I play the celebs, and the Vampires. The thing is my families are generally busy working on their skills in private, and so they not to bothered, and they are the 5 star Celebs. Most the time just ignore the papparazzi..Accusations, I sue and deflect alot, they have not targeted the kids in my game at al, maybe when they get older.
  • Options
    Stablehand6Stablehand6 Posts: 288 Member
    edited May 2011
    I too found the celebrities and vampires overrunning the town to be annoying. After all, if EVERYONE is a celebrity, it's not very special being one, is it? :roll: I know you said you don't want to use any other mods, but this might be worth looking at (for vamps):

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424796

and this link for all flavors (no celeb, no vamp, etc.):

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4782.0

I have the novampiresnoceleb ones in my game. It seems to be working on a new neighborhood (though I haven't been playing my game much lately- real life and CAW getting in the way :?) and I haven't had any problems with it so far. If it doesn't work for you, you can always just remove it. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for EA to "fix" their game's "features"... :roll:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I play the celebs, and the Vampires. The thing is my families are generally busy working on their skills in private, and so they not to bothered, and they are the 5 star Celebs. Most the time just ignore the papparazzi..Accusations, I sue and deflect alot, they have not targeted the kids in my game at al, maybe when they get older.

I guess it's good for you. I just cannot stand it that the whole town will be infested by vamps. Furthermore they age slower and story progression will make the game lag as they will have babies after the other.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited May 2011
    clubers wrote:
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    Glic2003 wrote:
    simsAsyraf wrote:

Well, I'm sure people are aware of this, the function of paparazi, but it doesn't spread like a virus in the real world. They don't stalk everyone who's ever approached a celeb. They don't stalk every family in town like they do in Late Night. If vamps and celebs didn't spread like a virus, it wouldn't be a problem, but it is one. That gameplay for some family that you choose that gameplay for would be fine, but I don't even have a celeb job in my town and it's getting overrun, you don't get a choice, it's ruining the base game. I started a town with story progression on, none of the people are progressing in anything except celebrity and vampirism, it changed the game, they went way overboard and it's making me want to uninstall a game I paid for.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    ltd2mp87ltd2mp87 Posts: 728 Member
    edited May 2011
    If you don't want vamps in your town all you have to do is go to edit town and delete the vampire families- voila no more vamps. Same goes for celebrities, although after a while your celebrity level does go up even if there are no other celebrities in the town.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited May 2011
    ltd2mp87 wrote:
    If you don't want vamps in your town all you have to do is go to edit town and delete the vampire families- voila no more vamps. Same goes for celebrities, although after a while your celebrity level does go up even if there are no other celebrities in the town.

They regenerate, I've just had it happen. There is no CHOICE.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,520 Member
    edited May 2011
    To all you people bashing the paps they can make great family pictures. I moved one in and had them take a picture of my family then moved them out again.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I too found the celebrities and vampires overrunning the town to be annoying. After all, if EVERYONE is a celebrity, it's not very special being one, is it? :roll: I know you said you don't want to use any other mods, but this might be worth looking at (for vamps):

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424796

and this link for all flavors (no celeb, no vamp, etc.):

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4782.0

I have the novampiresnoceleb ones in my game. It seems to be working on a new neighborhood (though I haven't been playing my game much lately- real life and CAW getting in the way :?) and I haven't had any problems with it so far. If it doesn't work for you, you can always just remove it. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for EA to "fix" their game's "features"... :roll:

Thanks! I'll might just try it.. I wished the vamps were like those in TheSims2 because in TheSims2 they are hard to find and only came out at night (which makes sense), but the ones in TheSims3 comes out even in the day! How dumb can they get! LOL!
  • Options
    123456789mfbmfb123456789mfbmfb Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    I agree but I just got the game and they are fine so far. (nearly)
  • Options
    123456789mfbmfb123456789mfbmfb Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    what the...
  • Options
    Rachelrita3Rachelrita3 Posts: 485 Member
    edited May 2011
    Vamps ruined LN for me. They are just unnecessary. They should be optional not imposed.
    beyoncepepsi.gif
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 644 Member
    edited May 2011
    Vamps ruined LN for me. They are just unnecessary. They should be optional not imposed.

Totally agree. I mean it is fine for those who play that way, but certainly for those that don't there should be an option to shut it off (vamps and celebs alike)

and to whomever was kind enough to post the link for the hack that removes them, oh God bless you...had never seen that one beore and I will be putting it in my game. For the purpose of generations I am going back to Sunset Valley and I do not want my suburb to get the vamps or the celebs as I will not even have the moviestar work building in it. Also, I would love to play with story progression on finally and I am hoping this will make me enjoy story progression as I have always turned it off.

but yes, i agree too many vamps and celebs...totally ruined my late night experience.
  • Options
    lisfyrelisfyre Posts: 215 Member
    edited May 2011
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    Will Vampires and Celebs invade the town? I don't want this to happen to my town once i get Generations! They can exist but one or two family per town!! I want a quota that is sets a limit the amount of Celebrities and Vamps that can be in the town! I'm terrified to turn on story progression as it will trigger the Vampire/Celebrity Plague to spread around town.. This has happened to all my new towns that i started playing! I tried mastercontroller but it made my game un-playable, i will never use any other mods. Also i enjoy Late Night's other features and do not plan to uninstall it. EA should fix this!

Hmmm... interesting. Well, I have story progression on in my game with no mods just tons and tons of EA Store CC and 3rd party CC. I have like lots of vamps in Bridgeport of which my 2 families are in that number. I have 1 family in SV and they are friends with like 5 vamps, 1 family in Riverview know 0 vamps and 1 family in Twinbrook that are friends with 3 vamps. I haven't seen anymore vamps anywhere. I have also a "legacy" style saved game in SV with 10 of my families and none of them know any vamps.

So... other than Bridgeport which originally came with lots of vamps, I practically have little to none on my other towns. I don't have any custom worlds since I've had to replace my hard drive which was chewed up by some virus thanks to a 3rd party site but that will probably change when I get Generations.

All in all, I don't have the vampire infestation and same goes with the celebrity problem. My 2 families in Bridgeport are all celebrities, at least the adults are, kids aren't. I don't know that I have celebrities in Riverview, I'll have to look around and I think there are some in Twinbrook. I know in my multi-family SV game a couple of my sims are celebrities - a rock star and an illustrious author. I didn't put the movie studio in my legacy SV, single family SV, Riverview and Twinbrooks. That's it I think.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited May 2011
    You know they won't fix it. If EA had the power, labor, and resources to fix it, they would have by now. They would have fixed it with the OLS patch, but they didn't.

They probably won't fix it with the Generations patch, just like how they won't fix the excavation bug from Ambitions not liking World Adventure.

Best to keep the story progession turned off at this point.

I honestly don't expect EA to fix their bugs, especially when they have Twallan doing it for them for free.
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited May 2011
    I totally agree. I don't like too many vamps and celebrities in town. 1-2 families is enough + it's too easy to get the celebrity level. Whenever I start a new game (from scratch) and play it for few hours - my active sims reaches almost celebtity level 5 (in just few hours) and I end up having a celebrity family; and when a child is born - it becomes a celebrity as well.

I would be more happy if instead of "easy switch of active ousehold" button we would get the "turn off celebrity and vamps" button
  • Options
    bps3bps3 Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited May 2011
    I haven't got late night but i was going to get it but now ive just heard that i dont think ill get it :(
  • Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited May 2011
    Thank God for Twallan. With his Master Controller you can turn off the whole Celeb thing. I think I only have one family in my town that are Celebs. No vampires.
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited May 2011
    I do hope (perhaps naively) that celebrities and vampires are curbed with Generations. I`ve never experienced a Sims expansion that completely took control of my game and made me play a certain way as has happened with Late Night.

I don`t want my sim to meet another sim and have to go through the "Try to impress celebrity" nonsense. I don`t want a group of sims to go out on the town and after one of the group goes to the bathroom, he or she comes back a celebrity. People say that the paparrazi are annoying in real life, so they are annoying in game, but where in real life do you find vampires?

I don`t want it in my game, but I want to keep Late Night installed. I so wish, I could regain control over my game. So, please, give us an option for vampires and celebrities, or at least something to limit the numbers of celebrities and vampires in your own game.
    I don`t use mods and I shouldn`t have to.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,520 Member
    edited May 2011
    Kim5496 wrote:
    Thank God for Twallan. With his Master Controller you can turn off the whole Celeb thing. I think I only have one family in my town that are Celebs. No vampires.

Yea but unfortuanly his mods are going to have to be updated for Generations. No telling how long it will be.