Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trick or Treat Victorian

Comments

• Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited October 2010
    XOX1 wrote:
    Excellent build Ruth!

I love the interior decor, and the outside treatment is to die for!

A DL & REC from me, gladly.

You are so kind! Thank you so much, XO...I appreciate the support. :D
  • Options
    sam2009sam2009 Posts: 159 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I'll never get bored of your lots Ruth :)

love the fun and vibrant looking rooms, looks like it could be a good lot for a strange family!

wanted to see more of this so I downloaded it, very impressive!

recommended!kudos! :) xx
  • Options
    TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited October 2010
    This looks like a fun lot! With the Ruthless touch, of course. The architecture is amazing and the interiors are just right. I love the candy corn wallpaper in the nursery. A dl and rec from me! TFBob :D
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited October 2010
    So adorable! Can I eat it?? :P
    Creative, different and so right for the season! The interiors are flawless. LOVE the colors and patterns you have used for this, it works so well with the theme! Nice houseguests, by the way :P Rec'd and fav'd :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    bradrigo wrote:
    another fabulous build from you ruth!

i love the yard, how you've put the grave stones, and covered it in myst.
    in fact, i love everything about this build.

Oh thank you Brad! I took insiration from my own neighborhood for the yard...we have alot of people that go all out and put up fake tombstones and cobwebs and fog machines..the whole nine yards! I do NOT do all of that...I dont have the patience....so all of my decorating is limited to simmies :D
  • Options
    addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited October 2010
    A cute build, as always. But I have to say, I think the eccectic cast of characters populating the place might be my favorite part. :)

Addict
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited October 2010
    Another gorgeous lot from RuthlessKK. Exerytime I think I know what you are capable of you manage to exceed my expectations!

Excellent work, can't wait to download.

You say 30 x 40 is your favorite lots size? Have you ever made anything on a 30 x 40 lot? I have a couple open and I'd love for you to fill one of them (yes, I know a 30 x 30 house can fit on a bigger lot - but it leaves empty space at the ends. And Ruthless does *such* a good job landscaping...)
  • Options
    ladyCryptntladyCryptnt Posts: 156 Member
    edited October 2010
    Beautiful lot and fantastic ides to dress you simmies up in costumes! reced!
  • Options
    ecofriend2ecofriend2 Posts: 467 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Your house is just fantastic, I love the overall feel! It's very fun in a spokky way! I will recc. and before I forget I have a EVIL Neighborhood Project and would love for you to check it out: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/258555.page#3373720 Your home is perfect for the theme.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    kquinn1990 wrote:
    This looks so cool. I like how you made a theme out of it. Good patterns that go with the holiday also. rec'd
    s'

Cool cover shot too, with the candy corn. :)

Thank you so much! This originally started out as a regular old house...its actually inspired from one I saw recently and snapped a picture of....but since its october, the theme just kind of presented itself. Sometimes its fun to do a themey kind of build. :D
  • Options
    noah13noah13 Posts: 282
    edited October 2010
    Spooky and fun at the same time. I wouldn't mind having my sim live in this stylish place nice work :D
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Yowza, wowza! It's Halloween at its best! It's full of that fun and exciting Halloween charm but the house feels so elegant at the same time. The master suite is so regal, the subtle colors are just gorgeous. I LOVE the shot of Frankenstein cooking in the kitchen and the shot of the guests arriving, you perfectly captured those precious moments. Absolutely rec'd, downloaded and I'll be stashing it in my favs. :D
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi Ruth
    A victorian from Ruth is always a treat, beautifully decorated. Love the party pic,s of your sims and their costumes. A rec for sure. :thumbup:
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Halloween Party at Ruthy's! It's been Featured! :D Congrats!

I shall bring cake! :D
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited October 2010
    :D Hello! Well its hard to follow all those wonderful complements you so richly deserve for this awesome build. But i just wanted to agree with them all, and concidering my 9 mo. old grandaughter is fighiting me for right's to the keyboard, I'll just say I love halloween, and you've done yourself proud with this one! Love the candy corn, (squirmy baby) gotta go!
  • Options
    Proverb87Proverb87 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited October 2010
    Love it Ruthless! You do Victorian like no other - and tricks and treats to boot! 8)
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited October 2010
    I love Halloween! All these spooky builds. I had your house from the showcase last year. It was a very pretty house in spite of the spooky deco as is this one. I like that you included pics of the spooky party. Awesome!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited October 2010
    yanti68 wrote:
    Awwww, I ADORE your Victorian build Ruth! :mrgreen: Your lots are always worth waiting for and this is no exception! First of all I love the architecture! Superb roof work! Love the brick exterior! Inside, I love the kitchen, dining room, double bedroom, nursery, single bedrooms and bathroom! In fact everything looks perfect! Lovely choice of colours and patterns! LOVE it! Left a well deserved recommendation for your lot! This is definitely going in my favourite folder! :thumbup:

You are too sweet Yanti! Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments..it really puts a smile on my face :D
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited October 2010
    Beautiful build as always!

Do you mind if I find a home for it in Spooky Town? If not, I can list it as an alternative download. That way you'll maintain your dl's and rec's.

Spooky Town link in siggy. :D

Of course you may use it if you think it will fit! The only thing I ask is for proper credit. Other than that, I am thrilled to have my homes being used. That is what they are here for. :D

Thank you so much!

I will find a spacial home for it in Spooky Town. :mrgreen:

Yes, I always ask permission and give credit to all the artists builds. :D
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hehe I just love this home. It's so perfectly cute and there are so many spooky details! I love the candy corn patterns! Great job Ruthy. Dl, rec and fav! OOO! I forgot to say congrats for your feature!
  • Options
    KrisqueKrisque Posts: 532 Member
    edited October 2010
    I love the Halloween Party! I want to stop by for some of that candy corn! Rec'd and dl'd!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Bonnie1209 wrote:
    This is awesome! Just rec'd and downloaded.

Thank you Bonnie! I really appreciate the support :D
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited October 2010
    I was about to say "sorry I'm late to the party!" before I realised that... ohh. I wasn't invited. Someone's gonna get their house egged. :twisted:

This house is spooktec- um, spectacular! (*facepalm*), it was a real treat (okay, okay! I'll stop!) to look at the pics. :) I love the dark purple kitchen - you don't see one of those everyday - and the orangey bricks outside are perfect! It's weird - I've never really properly celebrated Halloween but the 'feel' of it is really nice. By that I don't mean I go around fondling carved vegetables, but the orange and red autumn leaves, the flickering candlelit pumpkins and the crisp chill in the air, it just creates a nice atmosphere. My favourite neat touch of this build, though, is the illuminated gravestones in the front yard. Awesome!

An easy rec and a download when I can finally set up my computer!
  • Options
    LightSideLightSide Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited October 2010
    What an adorable little halloweeny victorian.
    Another sweet Ruthy piece.

I just adore the structure.
    The combination a theme with a style.

The interiors are top notch as well.
    A rec from me.

~Light~
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited October 2010
    Ruth
    This house is so ghoul...I mean cool! Beautiful design. The interior is quite lovely, very Victorian and charming. Really captures the feel of an American Halloween party well. I love the vertical feel of the house, elegant by day, but imposing at night! Mansard roofs always make a house look slightly spooky as well, especially on a tall tower.
    Rec'd and fav'd, of course!
    Kirk
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg