Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Breaking Waves - my TSS legacy starter boathouse!

yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
Hi guys,

I would like to share my TSS legacy starter home with you! This is a boathouse and it is called "Breaking Waves" and it contains 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and an open plan living / dining / kitchen area! The property also has 3 decks to enjoy the seaviews! The challenge was to build a starter home within 66,000 simoleans and only base game and ep items were allowed! We were also told not to put any clutter in the lot to make it easier on everybody's computer! Breaking Waves cost 47,557 simoleans (furnished)!

I would love to have some feedback from everybody! So all comments are welcome. If you do like the boathouse please do download and recommend! Thanks! Here are some pics:

4986294220_5bda863b63_z.jpg

4986294266_bd182c0f30_z.jpg

4985693477_30c551ee7e_z.jpg

4985693743_9b58fc3c98_z.jpg

4986294098_695381c736_z.jpg

4985693147_d15bddd055_z.jpg

4986293888_79dceed96f_z.jpg

4986294030_4dfc2b46ab_z.jpg

4986294744_8b30ef7a7c_z.jpg

Download link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3095888

Slideshow:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49543168@N08/sets/72157624946112958/with/4986293888/

Comments

• Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Yanti's at it again! lol Where do you get the time! ;)

What a lovely addition to your studio! Another great build :D. Great modern take on a boathouse, one I'd love to stay in! I love the grey exterior and the railings with the pop of red colour. The interiors look great too, love those soft greens and blue walls! Looks a great build to play in, so great for a legacy. Is the guy wishing he lived in a house on land though lol?

Lovely work as always! Already rec'd! :D
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited September 2010
    Oh, I could never do this. Reduce the clutter! My husband has asked me to do that for 20+ years and it still hasn't happen. However, you have, and still made this a very enjoyable build! Rec for you!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited September 2010
    beautiful lots as always :) I saw this in your studio the other day and just had to rec it. Its a great build and you have decorated and furnished it so beautifully :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Allium - Hi there! I always make time for simming! Real life has its demands and in between work and daily chores I always manage to find some time in the evening! I am glad you liked the boathouse! I have been wanting to build one for a long time! Glad you approve of my colour choice! Yeah maybe that guy is wishing for that! I know him you see! He is my real life hubby, Peter! He gets seasick on a boat! :lol: :P Thanks for the recommendation! I truly appreciate your support! You are awesome! :mrgreen: ((Hugs))

Kimjo - Alwasy a pleasure to hear from you! I know what you mean by reducing clutter! I love my little Knick Knacks too much in real life too! My hubby does not like clutter either! He is the neatest person I know! Thanks for the recommendation! I appreciate your continued support! :mrgreen: ((Hugs))

Maria - Lovely to hear from you! I am happy to hear that you liked my boathouse! Thanks for the recommendation! Much appreciated! :mrgreen: ((Hugs))
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited September 2010
    yanti68 wrote:
    Allium - Hi there! I always make time for simming! Real life has its demands and in between work and daily chores I always manage to find some time in the evening! I am glad you liked the boathouse! I have been wanting to build one for a long time! Glad you approve of my colour choice! Yeah maybe that guy is wishing for that! I know him you see! He is my real life hubby, Peter! He gets seasick on a boat! :lol: :P Thanks for the recommendation! I truly appreciate your support! You are awesome! :mrgreen: ((Hugs))

Lol always happy to see your work lol :D. I had to laugh for your poor hubby! You make a legacy house and use him, then put him on water?! Although it doesn't look like an unstable houseboat so he should be fine :wink: *waves at poor Yanti's hubby!* :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I love it Yanti! It's truly unique, fun and gorgeous to boot! I love the chic, clutter-free look of the interiors and the colors are perfectly beachy. Downloaded and rec'd. Oh and I also <3 your Chestnuts house, a download and rec for that one too. They're both so stunning... can't decide which I <3 more!:D
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Allium - Yeah I can tell you that Peter was not pleased to see the houseboat! He gave me a look that said it all! :lol: Poor guy! :P That's what I told him! That is not really a boat and it could be cool to live on water! :mrgreen: He was not impressed though! :wink:

Allure - Thanks a million Allure! You are a sweetheart! So rewarding to hear that you liked my boathouse! Coming from you that means a lot to me! You know I am a big fan of your builds! Thanks for downloading and recommending both Breaking Waves and The Chestnuts! I truly appreciate your support! :mrgreen: ((Hugs))
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,115 Member
    edited September 2010
    Yanti it's so peaceful looking, perfect for chilling out in! I love the design and the interior colours are so calming. And the sunbathing deck? Wow, I'd love to top up my tan whilst plugged into my ipod there :thumbup: Off to rec :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yanti it's so peaceful looking, perfect for chilling out in! I love the design and the interior colours are so calming. And the sunbathing deck? Wow, I'd love to top up my tan whilst plugged into my ipod there :thumbup: Off to rec :)

Thanks Bluebell! Always wanted to live in a boathouse! It is fun that in a simworld everything is possible! That's why I love the game! :P Yeah, I would join you on the deck! To sunbathe and enjoy a glass of bubblies! Cheers Bluebell! Did you know that we are neighbours in TSS dream house challenge? :mrgreen: Thanks for recommending! Truly appreciate it! ((Hugs)) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hey Yanti, I think I already rec'd this, Hahhahaha I know I already downloaded it cause it's sitting in my town and it looks fantastic!! I love how it's not a huge in your face boat, and from a far it just looks like a nice modern build- it's quite original and creative!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    pistons27275pistons27275 Posts: 942 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Yanti, great job as always including your lastest build. I really like the overall structure of the design including the balconies, usuage of windows, and the smooth greyish sidings. In addition, I really like the vibrant landsape and the implemeantion of the incorporated pond. You also did a great job with the warm interiors including the living, dining, bedrooms, and the kitchen. Rec, and dl as usual. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Judy - Hi there fellow townie from TSS hood! Glad to hear that you liked the boathouse in your game! I tried to make a small but liveable boat so that it does not cost too much! Phew! I had a tough time pinching simoleans all the time! Hope you come and pay us a visit in our boathouse Judy! All our friends are always welcome! Thanks for recommending and downloading! Really appreciate it! :mrgreen:

Piston - Hi there Scott! What are you building at the moment? Are you building for the TSS town too? I would love to see your build in our hood! :D Thank you for your lovely thought-out comments! I am happy to hear that you liked everything! I know that a boathouse is not what most people see as home but I just wanted to try something different for a change! Thanks for downloading and recommending! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Bump :-)
  • Options
    spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited September 2010
    Beautiful! I would happily live there in real life! Love the interiors and the clean lines, d/l and rec!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Yanti
    Your boathouse is wonderful love you choice of colours especially in the living area .Clean lines through out great job with only being able to base game items. :thumbup:
    I would love a holiday in a house boat, but last time I went on a boat with my hubby he broke the motor. :shock: We were in the middle of the lake and had to be towed in. :mrgreen:
    Great job Yanti left a rec. :D
  • Options
    EukaEuka Posts: 192 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Yanti, I just found this. I don't come to the forums here very often hehe. I love this build. It has a very modern look to it. Nice wide windows give a great view! The interior has a very clean modern feel. I love it! Rec'd! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    spartan1 wrote:
    Beautiful! I would happily live there in real life! Love the interiors and the clean lines, d/l and rec!

Hi there Spartan, :D

Thank you! Glad to hear that you liked everything! Yeah, I find it a fun place to live in for my simmies! Being so close to the water makes them happy I think because they are both outdoor people! Just like me! :P It is so nice to know that you liked the interiors! I kept it to the basic minimum because that was the challenge! No clutter was allowed! Thanks for downloading and recommending! Really appreciate it! Hope you enjoy the boathouse in your game! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Folly - Always glad to hear from you! Being stuck in the middle of the lake was not fun, right? Think on the positive side, it is a good moment to have a heart-to-heart romantic moment! :lol: Thanks for your lovely comments about my boathouse! Glad to hear you liked everything! Yeah, it was tough not to use the store or stuff pack goodies! I love my clutter, specially the potted plants! Staying within budget was more hard than I thought! I had to delete a lot of things just to stay within budget! I like that shade of blue in the living area too! Thanks for recommending Folly! I truly appreciate it! :mrgreen:

Euka - Hi there! Just commented on your 2 new WIPS! :P Nice to hear that you liked my boathouse! Thanks for your lovely feedback and the recommendation! Much appreciated! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited September 2010
    Lovely Yanti, I've left a more detailed message on Builders' 101. I've rec'd and upped your downloads.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    HomeSweetHomeSimHomeSweetHomeSim Posts: 501 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hoe gaat met u? I've seen many dutch houseboats, but this one is totally amazing - downloaded and rec'd! :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Merry - Thanks for checking out my lot and for your feedback! Glad you liked my houseboat! Thanks for downloading and recommending! I really appreciate your support! :mrgreen:

HomeSweetHomeSim - Met mij is alles goed! En met jou?
    Glad you liked my build! Thanks for downloading and recommending! Hope you enjoy the boathouse in your game! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hey Yanti, I love this boathouse. I was just using it in my game this afternoon. The metallic wall textures compliment the wood and look very luminous along your "water"scaping. I like how you used different textures for each level, and they still look harmonious. I'm floored you were able to create such a luxurious feel on a tight budget. I look forward to seeing what you create next! Have a great weekend. -Bill
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited September 2010
    Very cool! I like the mixture of metal and light wood. I love what you did with the siding as well. A rec. for sure!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Bill - Hi there! Thanks for stopping by to check out my lot! So great to hear that you downloaded my lot and enjoying it in your game! :D Thanks for your lovely compliments! :oops: It is so rewarding to hear that my efforts are appreciated! It was a challenge to create something within a tight budget! I enjoyed it but I missed my motherlodes too much! Wanted to use it a couple more times! :lol: Thanks for downloading my lot! I really appreciate it! Enjoy your weekend! :mrgreen:

Eve - Hi dear! Lovely to hear from you! Ahhh it is so nice to hear that you approve of the metal with the wood! I was going for a boat look! I am not 100% satisfied with it but at least I tried! I wish EA would make it possible for us to create real boats in the game! That would be super cool! Thanks for the recommendation! Coming from one of my favourite builders, that means a lot to me! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LightSideLightSide Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Did I miss this?
    Oh well, I will post anyway.

It looks wonderful yanti.
    I love the name as well. Fits perfectly.

I find lots of lovely ideas there.
    And the interiors look great.

Another great lot from you.
    A rec for sure. ;)

~Light~