The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mysterious Puddles.

I hadn't played this sim in awhile so I don't know whats going on here, my sim has mopped up twice and the puddle in the bathroom next to a window keeps growing. Does anyone know what in the world is causing this?

Comments

• Options
    7hir7een7hir7een Posts: 145 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Something is probably broken in the bathroom?
  • Options
    WolfoftheNyghtWolfoftheNyght Posts: 313 Member
    edited June 2009
    Ghost of a drowned sim? Leaky faucet? Stopped up toilet?
  • Options
    HelBelleHelBelle Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited June 2009
    Something is probably broken... have a click around on your shower, bath, toilet, sink etc. then either fix it yourself or call a repairman to do it for you!
  • Options
    AraninceAranince Posts: 495 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The shower is leaking? You can fix that
  • Options
    Manok101Manok101 Posts: 302 Member
    edited June 2009
    There is a new puddle in the bedroom also near the window. None of the bathroom stuff needs fixing. How can I tell if its a ghost?
  • Options
    AndrewDBarkerAndrewDBarker Posts: 282 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Manok101 wrote:
    There is a new puddle in the bedroom also near the window. None of the bathroom stuff needs fixing. How can I tell if its a ghost?

You know who you have to call.. :lol:
  • Options
    FudgeleyFudgeley Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO? wHO DO WE CALL?
  • Options
    Starmile26Starmile26 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Grah You If you don't get that reference then you don't deserve the number :P
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,754 Member
    edited June 2009
    Same happened in my game. And when I clicked the shower, toilet or sink, non of them had the option to be repaired or unclogged etc. I think I replaced the shower to fix it, and I don't know for sure what caused it - it was under the window in my house, too ;-).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    WaterWitchWaterWitch Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm having a different puddle problem. There was a puddle in the house that the Sims couldn't seem to reach to clean up, then they dried up on their own. However, my neat Sim still seems to sense a puddle. He can't get to it to mop it up and it drives him crazy, it's all he wants to do, all day. I've gone so far as to move ALL the furniture out of the house to see if we can find this puddle, and no luck.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    AliCatRAliCatR Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Don't know if this will help, but I had a random puddle that would show up in the middle of the room for no apparent reason, and I finally figured out it was the toddler potty overflowing...weird that the puddle showed up nowhere near the potty, but that was it!
  • Options
    geordiescarlettgeordiescarlett Posts: 280 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had the same problem, so I bought all new bathroom furniture and it stopped...what is/was it?
    Autistic Simmer B)
  • Options
    Gouka989Gouka989 Posts: 976 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, in my experience, it's caused by ghosts, but I would think you'd see them wandering about for sure. I know there was one place I moved into that turned out to be haunted, and there were puddles appearing everywhere. But I also would see the ghosts.

So of course, who you gonna call??? :twisted:

Funny thing is though, I did have the repo guy show up at my door and he offered to 'take care of the problem'. And he did by vacuuming up the ghosts headstones with his zap gun.
  • Options
    toovivacious4utoovivacious4u Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2009
    AliCatR wrote:
    Don't know if this will help, but I had a random puddle that would show up in the middle of the room for no apparent reason, and I finally figured out it was the toddler potty overflowing...weird that the puddle showed up nowhere near the potty, but that was it!

I had this also and spent a good while convinced my poorly constructed roof was leaking! Well, the puddles were showing up right below the roof line, you know. :oops:

After discovering that it was indeed sewage from a potty chair, I found myself wishing that I'd just never figured it out! (just...ewww)
  • Options
    HerMajesty626HerMajesty626 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited June 2009
    WaterWitch wrote:
    I'm having a different puddle problem. There was a puddle in the house that the Sims couldn't seem to reach to clean up, then they dried up on their own. However, my neat Sim still seems to sense a puddle. He can't get to it to mop it up and it drives him crazy, it's all he wants to do, all day. I've gone so far as to move ALL the furniture out of the house to see if we can find this puddle, and no luck.

Any ideas?

try hiring a maid and see if he/she can find it
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had this exact same problem as well. It is not a ghost, and nothing is broken in the bathroom.

I was playing my Sim, and whenever I would visit the Frio household, the downstairs bathroom kept filling up with puddles if they tried to mop them up.

I switched households to play the Frio's, and deleted all their plumbing in that bathroom. Since then it hasn't happened. Nothing was broken though, and I'm positive.
  • Options
    Pegan29Pegan29 Posts: 20 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had exactly the same problem in the bathroom. I took my bathroom stuff one at a time and put them in the back yard. It was the shower leaking. But nothing showed when I clicked on it, like it needed to be repaired or anything. So I bot a new shower and that fixed it.
  • Options
    cynful481cynful481 Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think I know the answer. According to the guide after housewholed items have broken so many times they can no longer be fixed(like in past games) only replaced. The less times that an item breaks the longier it will last. If one of your sims is handy have them make the item unbreakable this saves time and money. Hope this helps. :mrgreen: 8)
  • Options
    WaterWitchWaterWitch Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    WaterWitch wrote:

Any ideas?

try hiring a maid and see if he/she can find it

Oh, that was a good suggestion. I got too impatient/annoyed, though, last night & so my sims just moved ::laugh:: If only it was that easy in real life.
  • Options
    scarletraven28scarletraven28 Posts: 590 Member
    edited June 2009
    Fudgeley wrote:
    i HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO? wHO DO WE CALL?

There's something strange.. in the neighborhood, who ya gonna call ________________! :D
  • Options
    BusterJimmyDaisyBusterJimmyDaisy Posts: 172 New Member
    edited June 2009
    WaterWitch wrote:

Any ideas?
    Lol forsome reason that cracked me up. I can imagine a sim standing in an empty house complaining about a puddle that's not even there. :lol:
    ANYWAYS...
    I'm pretty sure it's another glitch. Seriously, we need a patch.
  • Options
    dianddradianddra Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2009
    i have an invisible puddle that no sim can clean up not even a maid, they just constantly complain that they can't get to the invisible puddle. I am so fed up I'm just not going to play the game anymore.
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited September 2009
    Starmile26 wrote:
    Grah You If you don't get that reference then you don't deserve the number :P

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    TinwhistlerTinwhistler Posts: 217 New Member
    edited September 2009
    A toddler?
  • Options
    Blackavar79Blackavar79 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2011

Any ideas?

I had this problem as well ended up moving the sim around the house telling him to clean and watching the direction he was facing. He kept facing the square at the end of the stairs. I had him go upstairs and removed the stairs, I re-floored where the stairs were and had him clean again. He was able to reach the puddle which was evidently over the stairs. I still couldnt see it in game but he was able to mop it up.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top