Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Super Sims

I'm currently playing a made in CAS sim that I created in CAS as a Mage already. And I've decided she's going to be my "Super Sim". A sim I'm going to TRY (try being the opportune word there) to max out all skills, experience all supernatural states that she can (Can't be an alien because I didn't start her out as one, alas) and just basically experience EVERYTHING possible in the game. Including my reassigning her Traits sometimes, through CAS Full Edit Mode. Every Aspiration that I want for her (Some, like some traits, I just don't like, personally). Every career I want to try with her, and so on!

I began to wonder...Does anyone else have a "Super Sim"? And what sort of adventures have you had with them, if so? I'd love to hear people's stories about such, so please, let me know! :)

Comments

• Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 339 Member
    I've never had a Super Sim myself, but I do know James Turner on YouTube has played one. He actually has a Super Sim tracker on his website that you might find useful: https://jamesturner.yt/supersim/tracker

Even if you're not doing his challenge, It can be useful as a reminder of everything that can be done in the game. There's so much, I often forget!
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,228 Member
    This sounds fun! This is pretty much how I am playing my sims 3 game with my avatar :) Have fun in sims 4 with this challenge!
  • Options
    Perti23Perti23 Posts: 67 Member
    I play almost exclusively with my supersim. I'm a completionist :)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,473 Member
    I am also playing a supersim and enjoy it very much. Occasionally I take a break and focus on building or a short story with another sim but my supersim has been the main focus of my game for over two years now. It takes a lot of time but then again I am not in a hurry. For me it isn't about finishing as quickly as I can but about enjoying the journey.

I started by earning special traits so I played her from birth. Actually I started with the grandparents because I wanted her to have hereditary traits like a strong magical bloodline and sulani mana without cheating. The I went on to the top notch toddler, reward traits for child aspirations, the scouting aptitude trait and all character values. It took a lot of time but was worth it for me. it's possible to start with the parents, with an infant or any other lifestage. It depends on what you want.

Playing a supersim has given me the feeling I am finally getting use out of all the DLC. My sim moves to a new house and gets a new wardrobe every 4 or 5 aspirations to fit the theme of the current aspiration she is working on. I am focusing on completing all aspirations. I think I will have maxed the majority of skills when she is finished. Last weekend I completed aspiration number 63, only 5 more to go. :). But those include raising a family and as a micro manager that takes time.

Some DLC aren't included in an aspiration so I try to fit them in anyway like owning a store or restaurant, owning a hamster, go bowling. I really try to do as much as I can with this one sim. Perhaps I will move on to completing all collections once she is done with aspirations.

You can focus on skills, aspirations, completing all careers, completing all collections,... Some even focus getting all degrees but that is a bit too repetitive for my taste.

My advice is to set a goal you like working towards. And enjoy playing.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,383 Member
    I didn't set out to create a "super-sim", but one of my sims went on a trip where he camped out for several days in every neighborhood of every world that I owned at that time, collecting things and participating in any activities that were in that area. He ended up completing (or nearly completing) a lot of collections, reaching level 10 in a whole bunch of skills, acquiring a massive number of reward traits, and now has an absolutely crazy number of friends. He's also the only sim I currently have who has gotten a college degree, and the only one who has thoroughly explored the jungle and temples in Selvadorada.

01-collection.jpg

370-David-diploma.jpg

371-David-room.jpg

Originally, the trip was so he could clear his head and decide if he was really in love with his vampire roommate or not, but it just kind of snowballed.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".