Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Bugged You In Today's Gameplay Session?

Comments

• Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 257 Member
    edited April 7
    Only one issue here.
    Not sure if it was a download from the gallery or the small download of bits from EA today.
    BUT. My game refuses to start at all now.
    I've added no new mods to the game.
    Have downloaded but not yet installed the TwistedMexi script, to hunt bad mods as advised in the EA Answers forum.

PS, I did find all my settings had been wiped after a repair of the game files, and the game version file is now an obfuscated unreadable blob.
    And even if I delete it, as soon as I try to start the game, the same hieroglyphic garbage reappears in the newly made Game version file.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 676 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    and the game version file is now an obfuscated unreadable blob.

I found that when reading the game version file in the standard windows notepad app it appears as gibberish, but when I load it using my programing notepad++ app the familiar game version information is clearly readable.

I used to start my game using the EA app however I've lately discovered that it will not start from there anymore. I have Sims 4 via Epic games and now If I don't specifically use the Epic launcher to start Sims 4 I can't play anymore. This changed at the beginning of April and previously I could use either launcher to start the game.

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 445 Member
    Yesterday I was forced to leave Origin for the EA app. 😭 That bugs me!

Ah, well. I immediately went into the settings and turned off all the automatic updates. I hope it works. My biggest concern about the app is not being able to control updates.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 676 Member
    edited April 7
    @PandoraTO You can tell the EA app not to update games and it won't. I use the feature all the time. You will need to use the Go Offline setting to be able to launch a game with pending updates. If you launch a game while EA is online all updates will be applied.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    Thanks @Caerfinon but I'm vanilla at the mo.
    @JAL that's meh. I hope you didn't have to replay too much.
    @GalacticGal scholarships always seem fairly random for me, if I'm applying for the basics like the location one and education for all.

I'm very surprised when the recipients have a father who is multi-millionaire. Some have even received a full-ride through university. It's totally random and doesn't appear to even consider the household means at all. LOL I don't think that's how it works in RL. but then again this is the Sims. I have found a way for the young man to accrue some funds without, hopefully, his taking out a loan. But even if he does, this should allow him to pay them off.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 258 Member
    My sims sibling came over and kept making herbal concoctions. Then she made a cake. But the biggest irk was when I directed my sim to make a meal and she picked up nasty green smelly rotted food to ADD to the bowl of good stuff. IDK why. Oh and my sims won't pee at restaurants.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,997 Member
    Bugs everywhere, literally... It bugged me she was waving all the time those bugs away. Took forever to do garden planter.
    2auBuuB.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 518 Member
    Newborns being glued to their default bassinets bugged me today!

I had twins arrive, and after the birth I carefully redecorated a room for a nursery and chose new bassinets from the selection available. Only to find that of course the newborns were glued to the default bassinets they arrived in, which didn’t match each other let alone my newly decorated nursery :'( I think you must have to place the bassinets before the birth if you want ones other than the default ones? I hadn’t realised this. Apparently there is a workaround which involves moving the newborns into another household temporarily and deleting the default bassinets, or something like that… I’ve just decided to grit my teeth and ignore the jarring look of the bassinets. I’ll probably age them up to infants quite quickly anyway, as that’s a more interesting life stage. But I’m pretty disappointed that in future I’ll need to remember to plan ahead of a birth if I’m ever to use the nice variety of bassinets we have to choose from…
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,965 Member
    Bugs everywhere, literally... It bugged me she was waving all the time those bugs away. Took forever to do garden planter.
    2auBuuB.png

@Ellupelluellu Haha, I thought you meant game bugs when I started reading your caption. :D
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,997 Member
    @simgirl1010 , heh, it was ingame bugfest, it really did annoy as that waving was all the time :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 257 Member
    Well, after all the fun of the fair yesterday per my post. Latest news is, IT Works!!!!!.
    And, all I had to do was make new folders for Saves and Mods. Then, transfere, bit by bit, every thing from the original folders to the new ones.
    Only took most of the day and half the night.
    Still no wiser as to why it stopped working but at least I'm goofing off playing again.

Oh and yes, it has bugs.
    Still got three from Discover University the devs haven't bothered fixing yet. Not a game breaker just an annoyance.
    Maybe they are afraid of the Rabbit hole, after all remember what happened to Alice.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,553 Member
    @shorty943p glad it works now :)
    @FreddyFox1234 yep, you definitely have to place the bassinets you want before the babies are born. It's a pity we can't click on another bassinet and select for them to have that one instead, it wouldn't even need an animation, they could just appear inside...
  • Options
    @elanorbreton This is very annoying as it relies on us remembering to choose it before a birth - and my memory is not great. I'll remember it for a few weeks ... but after a while of having no babies born in game I'm bound to forget again 😫
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,423 Member
    @elanorbreton This is very annoying as it relies on us remembering to choose it before a birth - and my memory is not great. I'll remember it for a few weeks ... but after a while of having no babies born in game I'm bound to forget again 😫

You could do like real life people and start preparing a nursery once the pregnancy is confirmed. :smile:
  • Options
    @crocobaura Yeah, in real life I definitely wouldn’t wait until after the birth 😀
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,989 Member
    edited April 8
    @FreddyFox1234

Yeah I always buy 3 bassinets of the kind I want before my sim gives birth just in case my sims end up with more than one nooboo

as for my broom problem thankfully cheat fixed it and matchmaker has stopped flying around the place for now

I probably should write that cheat down somewhere in case it returns though since game seems to just assign those darned brooms randomly to any spellcaster outside current household
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,553 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    @FreddyFox1234
    Yeah I always buy 3 bassinets of the kind I want before my sim gives birth just in case my sims end up with more than one nooboo
    Oh wow, I never thought of that! I get multiples so rarely that I just always buy one bassinet.
  • Options
    edited April 8
    Simmingal wrote: »
    @FreddyFox1234
    Oh wow, I never thought of that! I get multiples so rarely that I just always buy one bassinet.

My sims have been getting so many twins lately that I'm just always paranoid :sweat_smile: no triplets yet though I think
  • Options
    whatkatieknitwhatkatieknit Posts: 11 New Member
    > @PandoraTO said:
    > None of my sim's outdoor plants produce harvestables anymore.
    >
    > It's crazy how even basic things are bugged now. That bugs me!

In my game my sims plants don't produce harvestables if I don't have them leave the lot pretty much daily. If they leave everyday the plants will produce. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    > @PandoraTO said:
    > None of my sim's outdoor plants produce harvestables anymore.
    >
    > It's crazy how even basic things are bugged now. That bugs me!

In my game my sims plants don't produce harvestables if I don't have them leave the lot pretty much daily. If they leave everyday the plants will produce. Hope that helps.

Unfortunately, when you're playing the 100 Baby Challenge and you have three toddlers and an infant (and a child, a teen and another baby on the way), your sims need to be at home a lot!

See, this is what bugs me the most: the bugs that force you to change the way you want to play. This - plus the terrible treatment of players and forum members with respect to the last few packs/updates - is probably why I only play for 20 minutes at a time these days. I used to play for an hour or more at a stretch, easy. It's hard to catch the positive vibe that used to inspire me. However, I'm in the process of installing some additional quality-of-life mods, mods that fix bugs and more that add or improve gameplay, and I hope that they will help make my game feel fun again.
  • Options
    sometimes my sims plants get stuck with bugs or weeds or revert to dirt pile so I just uproot them and replant with same stuff or different stuff

have not had harvestable issues yet though
    but it almost feels more realistic this way cause sometimes irl gardening fails too
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,934 Member
    My hand is feeling mostly better and I was thinking of trying a short gaming session later.
    Then I found out that updating my ipad's iOS completely broke my Civilization VI. The game won't start.
    All Aspyr says about it is "we are aware that the game crashes on loading in iOS 17.4".
    Nothing about working on a fix.
    So all of a sudden my second-favorite game went from working perfectly to where I can't play it at all.

I guess that put a lot of TS4 bugs into perspective :D anyway I plan to check back in with Emmeline and family later on, just for a little bit!
  • Options
    @mightysprite I think Aspyr are trying to fix it - I found this from Aspyr from a month ago:
    We are currently investigating reports of launch issues for Civilization VI when using iOS 17.4.

While we do not currently have an ETA on when this will be resolved, we'll be updating this article with any new information as we investigate. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

I'm glad you mentioned this issue as I wasn't aware of it and I too have Civ VI on my iPad. Haven't yet updated so might hold off a while longer...

Glad your hand is getting better and I hope you can enjoy getting back into TS4, which definitely is very playable still :)
  • Options
    My hand is feeling mostly better and I was thinking of trying a short gaming session later.
    Then I found out that updating my ipad's iOS completely broke my Civilization VI. The game won't start.
    All Aspyr says about it is "we are aware that the game crashes on loading in iOS 17.4".
    Nothing about working on a fix.
    So all of a sudden my second-favorite game went from working perfectly to where I can't play it at all.

Nooooooooo! :'( I play Civ VI through Steam on my MacBook because the game and all the DLC were on sale for $35 or something like that a few years back. It's too bad their spring sale just ended or you might have considered replacing your iPad version.

Confession: I still play Civ V a lot more than VI. But, they both have their merits.

Back to TS4, from the bug reports I've seen (not to mention anecdotally on social media), there are plenty of people struggling with endless lot/world loading screens, not to mention lot corruption, so their games are effectively unplayable. I feel very bad for them, as they have no indication as to when or whether those problems will ever be fixed.
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Gardening!! The endless weeds, it got so bad I turned cheats on and cheated them away only to see them respawn 5-10 seconds later!! Seeing Patchy stuck all day, the gardener stuck all day, the ranch hand stuck all day (when he wasn't stealing my stuff) wasted hours of Mel's time, the green clouds, the bugs. Oh then there are the idiots standing on her doorstep while she's at work so she always has company when she gets home, every freaking day, that almost annoys me more than gardening...almost.🦹🦇🚽
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif