Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Important Update on the Future of These Forums

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    @Caerfinon , as I said in your thread, can totally understand Jac :D

THERE MUST BE BACON!!!!

I hope the bacon will be crispy 🥓

Not too crispy, I hope. I like my bacon softer than crunchy.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member

THERE MUST BE BACON!!!!

Not a big bacon fan, but when I have it, I do prefer it to be softer. Crispy often translates to burned meat.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member

THERE MUST BE BACON!!!!

Not a big bacon fan, but when I have it, I do prefer it to be softer. Crispy often translates to burned meat.

No! bacon must be crispy. and slized very thin. none of that soft bacon nonsense on my plate 😤
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 645 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer @luvdasims55 @Simmingal - All bacon is worthy of the journey along the Golden Path.

MW06GkU.png

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    @EA_Cade Thank you. I’ll try it out later

Additional fun fact, I thought the 5th Icon in was of pancakes for like 2 years:

axqkr68bfe0v.png

Spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure out the correlation between pancakes and spoilers. 🙃

It does sort of look like pancakes with a dolloped of butter on top.😋

VINDICATION

I see it too. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member

I've seen that before. That’s the top view of a beer float. I know this for a fact, even though I never had one in me life. I prefer Fire Water -plus- I will always have that scoop of icecream in a separate bowl. Ice cream tastes nice with a wee drop of Uisce Beatha. Everything is nice with the latter.

Seriously though, the AHQ emojis look…quite peculiar. I don’t know what half of them represent. I personally wouldn't call it "human expressions"-some of them are absolutely frightening. Pancakes, perhaps. Pancakes pretending to be humans. Mmm, I could live with that, but fear not, upon further investigation I've come to the conclusion that the pancake/lager/beerfloat spoiler is indeed a smiley face covering their eyes (?) with a white oven mitt.

Beerfloat-smll.jpg
    Whatever is hiding under that spoiler is obviously too hot to touch. Sneaky rascal.

I must admit that I find it a little challenging to be in two places at once. I'm trying to be more present on AHQ, but I find it incredibly difficult to navigate. It feels a little cramped in places and it takes me ages to get to my destination. It's like a kid asking you to go on the childsized jungle gym with them and you do it because your inner kid is very much alive and well, but then you find out (sigh, too late) that you're just not built for that kind of structure because well, you're a grown-peach adult dude and that kid is only very small. "MMMOKAY KID, I REALLY WANNA GO OVER THERE BUT I'M STUCK INSIDE THIS NET. HELP?!" Alas, no help arrives, since kids are monkeys and some will just stare at your hairy red face and contemplate the meaning of your awkward adultness.

I'm not saying that AHQ is childish, I'm just saying it feels a little...tight. There's too much clutter at the top and the side of the page. I find comfort in seeing familiar faces and in all fairness, the Champions are very welcoming and helpful, unlike those random little monkeys on the jungle gym. You're doing a great job! The rich text-format is a no-brainer and will come in handy when we're no longer required to use an external image hosting service on the new forum. But then I go onto one of the threads when I notice that I left a comment, except, I can't remember writing that particular paragraph. In fact, it doesn't sound like me at all. First I start to blame the uisce - as you would -until I realise someone else is using the same avatar as me! And that right there confuses my early caveman brain. My image recognition software is a lot more developed than my OCR system, so it takes me a while to recalibrate when the social media handle doesn't "match" the avatar. Obviously we cannot blame people for having the same profile picture since planet AHQ only offers a limited choice - however-due to the way my poor noggin is wired, I've mistaken many people on that site for someone else because of their avatar. This includes myself. *screams internally.

The AHQ platform isn't designed for hanging out perse, I don't think it's built for that kind of self expression- it's called ANSWERS HQ: Ask. Answer. Level Up. And basically Leave as soon as yer done..
    That's exactly how I feel about it at the moment. I would need to do a lot more work (aka share an unhealthy amount of my nonsense) BEFORE I can fully customize my own profile and "be myself". Or can I at all? Is that up to EA?
    I truly hope the new forum will work different in that regard, or it'll be Clone Wars all over with our only weapons being stacks upon stacks of buttery pancakes. 🥞

• Options
    edited April 1
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I too got very confused seeing so many Captains that are not captain after registering that avatar in my image recognition program :joy: its like that one simsmas except now its captains everywhere not simmingals

I really hope they will bring back profile pictures for everyone on new site its just so much easier to tell people apart here

and yeah its bit hard to bounce between AHQ and back here so I'm mainly just here as long as this site lets me in no troubles and I have some company :)

I try to remember to check up on AHQ every now and then though just in case I am missing out on secret party or something

as for the jungle gym reference though mood except I already was too big for those darned torture centers as kid so uh, yeah.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,672 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I too got very confused seeing so many Captains that are not captain after registering that avatar in my image recognition program :joy: its like that one simsmas except now its captains everywhere not simmingals

I really hope they will bring back profile pictures for everyone on new site its just so much easier to tell people apart here

and yeah its bit hard to bounce between AHQ and back here so I'm mainly just here as long as this site lets me in no troubles and I have some company :)

I try to remember to check up on AHQ every now and then though just in case I am missing out on secret party or something

as for the jungle gym reference though mood except I already was too big for those darned torture centers as kid so uh, yeah.

Yup, yup and yup. I'm with you on those point!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    On this forum my username is illustratedhappiness from 2015, on AHQ I have an account from 2013 called illustratedbliss. Not much difference haha, but which account will when be carried forward to the new EA forum?
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,663 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7, @Simmingal, @February11 I agree. I can’t jump back and forth between two sites. No slight to Cade and the teams there, but it’s easier to stay here. I do want to check in some, but I’m not jumping ship, yet. In fact, I think Oberon is planning a little wake/reopening party at The Blue Moon for the day this forum goes dark and the new forum launches. Hope to see everyone then!
    On this forum my username is illustratedhappiness from 2015, on AHQ I have an account from 2013 called illustratedbliss. Not much difference haha, but which account will when be carried forward to the new EA forum?

My understanding is the account that matches your EA account is the one that will be used.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

It's based on the email address for the accounts.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    @cyncie @luthienrising Great, thank you :blush:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

Is that ok on a personal security basis? My original was, so I changed it to my current Sim name. People can guess what the second part is if that is based on your email account used for all emails. eg: gmail, outlook, etc.
  • Options
    edited April 3
    Whatever you have as EA ID in your AHQ account details will be your username on new forum

if you have used same email on this forum and AHQ then some of your posts here may transfer to new forum. but they can't link account that uses different email as being same account.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    edited April 6
    Wait...

8ls5gs.jpg

So is the forum gonna be like inside AHQ or be its own separate website? I'm confusion.

My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,881 Member
    It's going to be its own separate website. AHQ is only an alternative for the next three months or so where what you post won't just disappear when this forum is shut down.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »

Is that ok on a personal security basis? My original was, so I changed it to my current Sim name. People can guess what the second part is if that is based on your email account used for all emails. eg: gmail, outlook, etc.

Using the same email address in multiple places is pretty standard. In and of itself, a non-issue. As for email security, make sure you set up two-factor authentication on your accounts.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited April 7
    Oh I hate this so much. I went to Discord (what an appropriate name) and set up an account and then they said my email address was already registered so I am flat out of luck. So I can't even get help over there because they won't even let me log in. I guess I am not part of the Sims Community. All things must come to an end.
  • Options
    Oh I hate this so much. I went to Discord (what an appropriate name) and set up an account and then they said my email address was already registered so I am flat out of luck. So I can't even get help over there because they won't even let me log in. I guess I am not part of the Sims Community. All things must come to an end.

If you already have a Discord account (and it's yours if it's your email address!), you just need to get fresh login details. Discord also has no connection to the new Sims 4 forums or AHQ.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    One thing I have done is to remove my debit card number from my account & AHQ. I'll enter it every time I want to buy something and delete it after. I want to use my name on here and not have part of my email name used.
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Hi, will I be able to change my username in this new forum?
  • Options
    edited April 10

Ooh, good question. I didn't think of asking that. I might then be able to go back to my current one here after having to revert to my old one - unless because it's taken by someone AHQ.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,346 EA Community Manager

The EA Forums will use your EA ID, you can change it whenever you like.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    @EA_Cade , after these forums are closed, what will happen to the threads and direct messages? Will they be automatically deleted forever?

I’m especially curious about the direct messages which I and others have used extensively for one-to-one as well as group chats.

Would / could there be an opportunity for us to delete both the public and private direct message threads ourselves prior to closure?
  • Options
    Will the link to the new forum be posted here before shut down, or on AHQ?
    MLgj4Vx.png