Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,703 Member
    @HopeyStarr You captured some really nice photos of the event. Congratulations to the happy couple.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I started a new save last week. I deleted all of the premades except for the ones in San Myshuno (and those with defined roles who would have been replaced), created one sim to start out with, and started rotating between her and the Benali and Rasoya households. I redid all the community lots in San Myshuno with the help of the gallery. The Old Salt House became a restaurant, the karaoke bar next to it became a nightclub, and the small penthouse became a wedding venue. The other karaoke bar, gym, park, art center and lounge just got replaced with remodels I liked.

My CAS sim, Anastasia Abramson:
    X2n7XP2.png
    She's in the comedian career and likes to go try out the microphones on community lots.

Salim's makeover:
    4JSY9Zk.png

I didn't really change the Rasoya's much except to fix hot and cold weather outfits. I moved Anastasia and Salim into the same building with the Rasoy'as initially so they all got to know each other pretty quickly.

What's happened so far:

Anastasia started an affair with local playboy Diego Lobo, which resulted in an unexpected pregnancy. He autonomously asked he to move in immediately after she shared the news, so now she lives in Uptown. They have a baby girl named Daniela.
    Diego believes he has finally found the love of his life (character development stolen from How I Met Your Mother).
    GkcisfR.png

And Salim and Raj just got engaged today.
    P8xL5oN.png

So now I only have two households, Lobo and Rasoya. I will add the other San Myshuno townies into the mix as I go along. I plan on adding the Jangs when Daniela reaches Billie's age, for example. I also plan to add more sims of my own creation as I go.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,940 Member
    That looks fun @Daephene :) I love San Myshuno and its premades.
    We went opposite directions with the premade guys-- in my San Myshuno save, Diego is a very gay playboy, Salim is happily married to a woman and has a stepchild and a daughter, Raj is happily single with three adopted daughters.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,689 Member
    edited February 25
    I got a long play session in today, the first one in a long time. I think the story muse may have found me again.

It was a chilly day. Morgyn came home, hoping to settle in with a cup of hot cocoa when he got a call from the Realm. Seems that Kelly de los Santos, the new Sage of Untamed Magic, was having second thoughts about the job. She spent years teaching wand technique and history at Spellman High while honing her own skills in order to achieve her dream of being a Sage. But, now that she was retirement age, that goal had lost its luster. Morgyn’s role as overseer meant he had to give up his comfort and do what was needed to help.
    kkHJx4S.png

Kelly met Morgyn at the portal, and even though he tried to be encouraging, she was pretty sure they would need to find another Sage. And soon.
    J3jlQsn.png

So, he checked in on a few lectures.
    jB7ePQF.png

The next day, he spent time in the office checking for possible candidates, with no real luck. Past Sages had moved on, and no one in the upcoming class was qualified, yet.

QHkZPSq.png

And he also went out on a walk to talk to some students. They shared that they liked Kelly, but knew that her heart wasn’t in the job. One student also told him that a mysterious woman had been asking for him and said she had something to give him. This puzzled Morgyn.

tWOOOta.png

With all these confusing things happening, Morgyn decided to retire to the garden and commune a bit with his ancestors. Smudge, being the good familiar that she was, joined him and showed her support by lying quietly by his side.
    bh8WVNC.png

tmauWoD.png

As he got up to leave, Morgyn was no closer to figuring out what to do about Kelly. And he was still a bit worried about the mystery woman. But he knew he wasn’t alone. He had the power and knowledge of the Arcane with him. And, as Smudge made sure to remind him, he also had the best Familiar in the whole Magic Realm.
    HUmQLPG.png
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @mightysprite In my previous save, Diego is a gay ghost, Raj is an asexual vampire (happy uncle to his vampiric siblings' children) and I never played with Salim. I wanted to do it all differently this time so they'd feel distinct.
  • Options
    I've decided to play offline for a while to wait for EA to fix a few things and to give me time to get mods sorted. I was hoping to get the new pack this week, but it can wait. In the meantime, here's Morgyn. I know this looks more like it should belong in the serial story section, but I won't be posting this as an ongoing story. I'm just setting up some backstory ideas that I can reference later.

After spending some time in the Magic Realm talking to students and communing with his ancestors, Morgyn finally set up a meeting with Kelly de los Santos about her planned retirement. He explained that he was having difficulty finding a replacement, but Kelly was adamant. She was getting too old for duels, she said, and was tendering her resignation, effective two weeks.

nB2AKd0.png

Morgyn begged her to reconsider, since it was impossible to find a replacement in that time frame. That's when Victoria, the Assistant to the Sages, spoke up and suggested that maybe a certain past Sage should consider returning to the job, at least temporarily. Morgyn really was hoping she wasn't talking about him.

pwmLvLB.png

After the meeting, he took a walk through Caster's Alley to clear his mind. Even with the evidence of the Realm's destruction all around, it brought him comfort to remember his people who once lived and thrived there. Two students, Megan and Vera approached him with news that they had found the mysterious woman and would take him there.

DVmaf9n.png

She didn't tell him her name. All she said was that her family had been keeper of this tome for centuries, entrusted with it by the Arcane. It was meant for Morgyn, to guide him into even higher levels of mystical power, and she wanted him to have it. Now. Because she was tired of the whole "Keeper" thing and wanted to get on with her life. Morgyn bristled a bit at her attitude but took the tome. At that, she quickly ran for the portal and was gone.

HSvBuvf.png

YHmrq4K.png

tgeFP0P.png

Morgyn wearily made his way back to his tower in the Realm. Eventually he would have to address the Sage situation and face whatever his ancestors had prepared for him. But right now, he was tired, aggravated and hungry. So, after a nice calming meditation, he decided to treat himself to a little comfort food. Well, actually, a lot of comfort food. Because you can never have too much mac and cheese.

Ziy6HbV.png

NahWpIw.png

• Options
    @cyncie really fun to read about Morgyn's adventures :) responsibility is hard...
  • Options
    edited March 3
    @cyncie really fun to read about Morgyn's adventures :) responsibility is hard...

Thanks, @mightysprite. I'm glad to be creating something again.

So, here's my response to the new pack. Excuse some of the wonkiness in the object placements. It’s a work in progress.

Meet Adi Hunter. Adi is a nature elf who runs Ye Olde Majik Shoppe in Mooncrest. He is a wandmaker, broom maker and gem crafter. He does not cast spells or make potions, but he stocks the very best ingredients and buys finished potions and magic supplies from quality suppliers.

2bCG5B3.png

A tour of the shoppe.

OIHdX4O.png

HyrG15k.png

Adi lives in the house adjacent to the shoppe, and his gemology studio is inside his home. He has some crystal digs in his yard, so he doesn't always have to go far to get materials. His woodworking bench for wands and brooms is outside. Adi doesn't cast spells or make potions, as I said. But he knows how to infuse magic into everyday items. He stocks some jewelry, but mostly makes custom pieces to order.

pcZHp5I.png

He was pleased when Morgyn dropped by to say hello and decided to craft a deathmetal/jet ring for him. It's on the charger.

qs9pVOa.png

Adi invites you to stop by for all your magic needs. Open from noon to midnight on weekdays. Weekends by appointment.
    sTAJW5y.png

• Options
    @cyncie The shoppe is lovely and I like Adi's character design a lot! great outfit.
  • Options
    edited March 4
    @cyncie The shoppe is lovely and I like Adi's character design a lot! great outfit.

@mightysprite Thanks! I got the cottage build from the gallery and renovated a magic shop room to add on. Messing with MOO placement is the reason for some of the floaty items. It’ll get fixed. With Adi, I was trying to channel crafters I’ve met at fairs, but he’s wound up giving me Keith Richards vibes! Credit to SimmieV on TSR for the outfit. I like all of his spellcaster designs. Morgyn’s silky blue celestial blouse in my previous post is also one of his.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    A tale of two sisters XjNa6VG.png
    There is one - Lorelai - who loves flowers, pies and pastel tones. And then there´s another - Lyanna - who loves fighting, raw meat and black leather (or no clothes at all in her wolf form).
    One of them has a criminal record of arson, murder and attempted murder and it´s not the one with fangs and claws.
  • Options
    @AngeliqueAdelaide It's always the quiet ones.

• Options
    @AngeliqueAdelaide It's always the quiet ones.

Indeed 😂
  • Options
    I don’t have screenshots today, just a bit of a progress report. I do have some story things to share later, but I spent the weekend cleaning up where the game dumped a zillion randomized Spellcasters in Other Households, all at once. And since I was still testing out my mods after the patches, I hadn’t put Bienchens situational outfit mod or no accessories mod back in, yet. You should have seen what was going on in the Magic Realm! It took hours to edit all those Spellcasters, but I’ve caught most of them, they’re looking better, and the mods are definitely back in, now.

The upside is, I been meaning to do a set up for Britechester, and this sort of led to that. I envision Britechester as being in the Myst, with Britechester University mostly a Spellcaster school and Foxbury being the favorite of Merfolk and Fae. I’ve been wanting to renovate the University campus in a Dark Academia theme, with students dressed in that style. So, I worked on the dorms, moved a household of enrolled spellcaster students in off campus housing, and every young adult spellcaster I had to edit got a Dark Academia makeover for every day wear.

At least none of them are wearing that tutu now.
  • Options
    @cyncie I admire those of you who are willing to take the time to sort out your game in that manner. I got the blank save and obviously this neocon, has no clue how to make the others dress in 18th century clothing. Spoils the mood of things, but then again, when I want to play, I want to play. My impatience, as always, is against me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    edited March 14
    @cyncie I admire those of you who are willing to take the time to sort out your game in that manner. I got the blank save and obviously this neocon, has no clue how to make the others dress in 18th century clothing. Spoils the mood of things, but then again, when I want to play, I want to play. My impatience, as always, is against me.

@GalacticGal In the past, when I did saves set in a specific time period or style, I used MCCC’s Dresser settings to limit what townies can wear when new ones are generated. It’s a lot of work if you use the Use Saved Outfits Only option because you have to save a lot of outfits, but it does work. I can’t really use this option for what I’m doing because it’s only the young adult Spellcasters that need the Dark Academia theme, and I had a ton of new Spellcasters, so I had to sort them out manually. Plus, I wanted their party clothes to match the theme for the Magic Realm. So, I went through the whole lot of them, removed a bunch of accessories and cc, and made outfits for the two categories. It’s worked out for the Magic Realm. The game is still generating a few randoms, but is pulling most of them from the households.

I’m not ready to run the University yet. I need more Merfolk and faux fae to populate Foxbury, and I need to see if Home Regions will prevent out of towners from visiting there. It’s probably not possible to separate how townies are allocated to the two universities without editing and moving them around after they’re generated. But I have the Magic School mod, and I’m thinking of setting up another school on one of the build lots.

• Options
    edited March 14
    cyncie wrote: »

@GalacticGal In the past, when I did saves set in a specific time period or style, I used MCCC’s Dresser settings to limit what townies can wear when new ones are generated. It’s a lot of work if you use the Use Saved Outfits Only option because you have to save a lot of outfits, but it does work. I can’t really use this option for what I’m doing because it’s only the young adult Spellcasters that need the Dark Academia theme, and I had a ton of new Spellcasters, so I had to sort them out manually. Plus, I wanted their party clothes to match the theme for the Magic Realm. So, I went through the whole lot of them, removed a bunch of accessories and cc, and made outfits for the two categories. It’s worked out for the Magic Realm. The game is still generating a few randoms, but is pulling most of them from the households.

I’m not ready to run the University yet. I need more Merfolk and faux fae to populate Foxbury, and I need to see if Home Regions will prevent out of towners from visiting there. It’s probably not possible to separate how townies are allocated to the two universities without editing and moving them around after they’re generated. But I have the Magic School mod, and I’m thinking of setting up another school on one of the build lots.

I found myself clicking on a Sim passing by the lot I was on, and taking a moment (or two, or three or thirty) to change their outfits, via CAS. If they had a family, I would do them, too. This got vexing to me, note I'm horribly impatient, but I may set up a time, when I don't have something else really pressing I need to do, to set things up. I have to learn how to use the dresser. I also have to see how MCCC can assist me. Step-by step instructions helps a lot. Like I said I'm a bit of a neocon. :open_mouth:

ETA: I just found a very helpful article on how to use the MCCC Dresser. Yay!
  • Options
    Whenever, dude.

S7kiF4T.jpg
  • Options
    I went to bar with Rose, both to wait for the end of the farming competition (she keeps losing over and over, despite her stuff being the best quality. Makes no sense) and because she once saw a cute boy there, who left before she could make an introduction, and whom she's been dreaming about since then. Well, I know who he is and where to find him, but it's more interesting that way.
    The competition bugged out with no winner announced, the boy vanished again while Rose was selling llama wool, and her great-grandfather Mortimer Goth hooked up with Gunther Munch. Apparently he is into men now, after years of bombing his grand- and great-grandchildren with calls about trying to date girls barely out of high school. Good for him, I guess? At least his current partner is age-appropriate.
  • Options
    I went to bar with Rose, both to wait for the end of the farming competition (she keeps losing over and over, despite her stuff being the best quality. Makes no sense) and because she once saw a cute boy there, who left before she could make an introduction, and whom she's been dreaming about since then. Well, I know who he is and where to find him, but it's more interesting that way.
    The competition bugged out with no winner announced, the boy vanished again while Rose was selling llama wool, and her great-grandfather Mortimer Goth hooked up with Gunther Munch. Apparently he is into men now, after years of bombing his grand- and great-grandchildren with calls about trying to date girls barely out of high school. Good for him, I guess? At least his current partner is age-appropriate.

If you're talking about the festivals at Henford-on_Bagley, I've never had one where a winner was declared. Even if the winner wasn't my own Sims. Nobody wins. I do hope some day, they fix this. Makes going moot.
  • Options

If you're talking about the festivals at Henford-on_Bagley, I've never had one where a winner was declared. Even if the winner wasn't my own Sims. Nobody wins. I do hope some day, they fix this. Makes going moot.

Yes, those. Wow, apparently it's even more bugged to you than to me, because there usually is a winner in my game (not sure who, as the name is never announced), just not my sim. They have even won a couple of times, though Rose hasn't been that lucky so far.
    I have noticed that it's the cow/milk competition for me where it just ends with no announcement and the entry just vanishes. I have never brought cows there, just milk, as I read about the bug before, so no idea if a cow would make a difference.
  • Options
    I really wish I know what question Hela's uncle asked her, because for a moment it really looked like she was going to slap him. Said uncle is a strange individual who tends to show affection by stalking (when I was playing with Rose, his great-niece, he would call her every single day to ask questions about who to date or hang out). It's the first time I've ever seen a sim to get physically upset about a conversation topic. But as they hugged right after and continued their conversation, it could not have been something that bad. Maybe Hela's just very emotional.
  • Options
    I really wish I know what question Hela's uncle asked her, because for a moment it really looked like she was going to slap him. Said uncle is a strange individual who tends to show affection by stalking (when I was playing with Rose, his great-niece, he would call her every single day to ask questions about who to date or hang out). It's the first time I've ever seen a sim to get physically upset about a conversation topic. But as they hugged right after and continued their conversation, it could not have been something that bad. Maybe Hela's just very emotional.

@AngeliqueAdelaide Sim relationships are inscrutable, aren’t they? For some reason, the game always makes Marcus Flex gay in my saves, but other simmers say he’s a serial womanizer in theirs. I had a female townie inexplicably stalking my main sim. He finally got rid of her, but sometime later, the same happened with a male sim who eventually hooked up with Marcus Flex. And, like you, I’d like to know what’s been said when sims get a strong emotional response. Sometimes I know, based on my sim’s traits. He’s unflirty, and I think anything along those lines gets a negative response. Other times, I’ve got no clue.

• Options

Maybe his questions/probing got too personal. Embarrassment can lead to anger, and the need to slap somebody silly.
  • Options
    cyncie wrote: »

@AngeliqueAdelaide Sim relationships are inscrutable, aren’t they? For some reason, the game always makes Marcus Flex gay in my saves, but other simmers say he’s a serial womanizer in theirs. I had a female townie inexplicably stalking my main sim. He finally got rid of her, but sometime later, the same happened with a male sim who eventually hooked up with Marcus Flex. And, like you, I’d like to know what’s been said when sims get a strong emotional response. Sometimes I know, based on my sim’s traits. He’s unflirty, and I think anything along those lines gets a negative response. Other times, I’ve got no clue.

I think Marcus might be bi in my current save? He has a long-time girlfriend that he cheated on with her sister, but he did make out a couple of times with their father, some 50 years ago (Marcus was turned into a vampire by another of his ex-girlfriends, so he still looks young). Those where the days...
    I think the uncle was having a bad day in general, because he managed to annoy everyone he talked to. Should've stayed at home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top