Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How tall are your Sims? πŸšΆπŸΎβ€β™‚οΈπŸšΆπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸšΆπŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸšΆπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
I know our Sims can't have different heights (without mods). But what if?
Have you ever imagined how tall your Sims are and which Sim is taller than the other?
I did this early in our story, back in November 2022.
Now its a thing on tumblr and there is an awesome website where you can set the heights and add avatars and you get a chart.
It looks like this:
91cc451910bb50017eff72735f9551961078ac3e.pnj

So if you like you can do this with your Sims and share it here. It pretty easy. Add name, height and choose an avatar.
The website is πŸ‘‰ here

Here is what I created back in 2022. I also added their zodiac 🌌
078250308dec62cb84db226adc8c0930f1768952.jpg

From oldest to youngest.

Giga/Saiwa is the oldest and Jack the youngest.
Jeb is the tallest and Ji Ho the shortest :3

Jeb is taller than his Giigs but younger ;)
Kiyoshi is taller and older than Jack,
same for Vlad and Ji Ho.

As they are in the same year at school, their Zodiac Signs reach from summer to summer. Giga/Leo is August and Jack/Cancer is July in the following year.
So Giga is almost a year older than Jack.

I’ve been doing this for a while in my head and it makes me laugh a lot.
Age hierachy is more common in korean or japanese culture. The oldest of the group is responsible for the younger ones and you can clearly see that in Giga’s behaviour. And it is so very obvious that Jack is the youngest!
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 23
    I mean I'm around 170 tall and sims are all technically same height with each other so that is kind of my thought process like they're just somewhere close to that height all of them averagely :lol: some slightly taller some slightly shorter

but I do find it funny to think that Judith Ward is taller than Vladislaus Straud cause it looks that way in the game with Judiths hair towering over him

and i feel like thin sims tend to look shorter than the muscular or fat sims so in the same way I think that Greg or Simmingal would be slightly taller than Vladdydaddy for example

sudden realization: maybe thats why Vladdy is always commenting on peoples necks thats the first thing he sees at his height it all makes sense now he is just short king
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    To be honest, I dread the idea of future life simulations making us define our sims' height. I'd be totally stumped.

Some of my Detroit sims have a Wiki entry that gives their height, so I know that Gavin is the shortest, but not by much. I try to keep that in mind when I pose him and Daniel, but other than these two, I don't really care. I'd be totally fine with three different heights instead of freeform.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited February 23
    I have never given this any thought. I assume average height so around 1,80m for males and between 1,65 and 1,70m for females. I don't really consider heights of individual sims but I have come across cc poses were the males are slightly stretched to be taller than the females.
  • Options
    edited February 23
    I experienced that giving them (imagined) different heights adds to their group dynamics, chemistry and character.
    Plus it gives me more input to tell their story. It was also easy for me to imagine their heights because I already knew them for ~4 months then. (Vlad, Jack, Saiwa and Ji Ho even for many years.)

People often act different according to their hight. Not when you're average height, but when you're much taller or smaller.
    Jack would be a different person if he were taller, because he is already the strongest. I think because he's not very tall, he can be more carefree and others don't see him as intimidating (he's also a werewolf 🐺) and it's cute that the tallest (Jeb) and the smallest (Ji Ho) are best friends.
    Jeb lives up to his hight, he's like a bear 🐻 He tends to take the burden off of the others and is very cautious to not hurt anyone. Especially not Saiwa.
    And even though Saiwa is not a natural leader, he's more confident because he's tall. And it adds to Ji Ho's androgyn character that he's short.
    I also like that the height difference between Ji Ho and Vlad is only 5cm (~ 2 inches?) because Ji Ho already is afraid of Vlad and intimidated by his grumpyness ^^'

Here their height difference shows ;)
    15652db031e5fb1ad6a343abb353b23d4d3b1081.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Males and females are about the same height, I would say between 170 and 180 cm. I like how females, even with high heels, don't get any taller. I assume they would be shorter than males.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I stated early on in my chapters that Erik Cantrell is about 6'2". Bree, his only sister is only about five feet tall. That's it. Good things come in small packages. Erik's brothers are also equally tall. I see Joey as being the tallest at about 6'3". Aaron has more bulk than height, but is a powerhouse on the soccer field. Their late father was also tall. We all know that Spock is 6'1". Kayleigh should be about 5'10" at best. Which means her triplet sisters are tall and so are her daughters. Too many tall genes in this family. LOL I wanted to be 5'5", but only made it to 5' 3.5", so there you have it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    After seeing more of those pop up on tumblr, I decided to face my fears, lol.

ef3a07b00531231cd0499a47790aae32efeaaf87.pnj

Some oberservations:
    - Being androids, Rika, Daniel and Connor are lighter than humans of the same height.
    - Gavin stating that is is of perfectly average height will only get him headpats from the other guys.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited February 26
    It's funny, I think that since sims are all the same height, for me their body type kind of stands in for height.
    If they are petite I imagine them as short (even though they aren't)
    If they are big I imagine they are also tall (even though they aren't)

When Charlie Strachan got his insta-lean potion, after having a big belly and plenty of muscle ever since teenhood, he immediately seemed much shorter to me.

It would be cool if height were introduced into the game

BUT only if that meant that only the very tallest sims could ever leave dishes on the tops of tall half walls

(I am petite irl and not only can I not leave stuff up on the top of my fridge or cabinets, I can not even see up there, so if someone left a dish up there I'd have to wait for the green smoke to appear to even begin to diagnose the problem)

• Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    edited February 27
    chart.png

It should be more but these households are always be played.
    Caleb, Jeb, Malcolm and Darling have their foreheads can't show in the CAS, so I guess their height is more than 180cm.
    Actually I seldom amend their height, my sim adjusted their height once after I have downloaded the mod.
    Their children are somehow inherit their parents' height.
    In the chart above, except Jeb, all of them are parents. These are my observations:
    - Caleb's 2 kids (1 girl and 1 boy) are tall like their father
    - Morgyn & Lilith have 3 kids (2 girls and 1 boy). Morgyn leaves 1/10 space in the CAS, their son inherits this height. However, their eldest daughter is fully occupied the CAS like their mother Lilith. The youngest daughter is sill a child, will wait and see.
    - Malcolm has around 40 children (90% are illegitimate :s ), 50% of his children are tall like him, 50% inherit their mother's height.
    - Jeb Harris is taller then his father Cletus after this mod has been installed. His brother Gideon is still a child, let's wait and see.
    - Darling Walsh is the tallest female in my game, even taller than roommate Akira. Darling's only child is with Malcolm, let's see if this son will become a giant in future.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    @Arca Your Jeb is almost as tall as mine (1.85). And one of my mutuals on bluesky's Jeb is also 1.85 ^^

8dabab9b05f7c5b61b1ea14209cb87fc5f6ba4d8.jpg

I think it has something to do with their stature and head size that, even though they have the same height ingame, we imagine them as big or small.
    Johnny Zest, for example, I imagine small (for a man) maybe around 1.73? Or even smaller.
    597359e5b13811f5ba9ad8deb9ce674b9c09f18d.pnj
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I didn't much think about it before, but some of my sims definitely have small energy. *Cough* Charles

Here are some sims of mine that I think of as being shorter or taller than the norm.

GZiwaGK.png

I also thought about what their zodiacs could be, and I've used nearly all of them apart from my own sign (my height must be unremarkable)

I think for me it's a mix of their build and their personality. Eleanor and Paul look angular/lanky, Ruskin and Minnerva are more pinched and stout. Personality wise, Minnerva, Ruskin and Charles could definitely have been a pack of chihuahuas in another life, and Elijah a sausage dog.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited March 19
    Yes! I have heights in mind for all of my Sims and have been wishing for adjustable heights for ages. Here are what I imagine my Sims to be:

Mua Pel'Am residents:
    Samphy: 5ft 6 ish
    Kio: 5ft 3 (the shortest but much more physically powerful than he looks).
    Ikkanu: 6ft 2 in humanoid form and around 8ft long in mer form (he does not like being tall and really wishes he was shorter).
    Jiya: 6ft in human form and 7ft in wolf form.

San Myshuno residents:
    Tadeo: 5ft 8.
    Norrell: 5ft 7 (though he claims that his hair quiff also counts towards his height).
    Rhydia: 5ft 9ish
    Leoni: 5ft 9.

OP7XHsT.png
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 19
    Simmingal has realized that wearing heels does technically make your sim appear shorter because wearing heels in the game does not add to height of the sim

Do with this information what you will 🧐

but the towering hair is still leading method to assert dominance
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    To be honest I have never thought about it. πŸ˜‚ Its been the same for so many years I guess I just got used to it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion