Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

landlord question

My sim lives in a residential rental and his oven shortcircuited in the middle of the night. I do not see "call repairman" option anymore. He's a tenant and the landlord lives off lot. I call the landlord over and there is no option for them to repair the oven. The landlord helped themselves to some food, taking out the garbage, and sitting on his bed for conversation but did not fix the oven. She left and i called her again and the same thing happen. Am I doing something wrong? Should the landlord repair the oven automatically?

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i would post about this issue on ahq forum
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,916 Member
    Is there anything hanging from the ceiling above the oven?
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,104 Member

just a cabinet and hood vent...which I always have above my oven and repairmen never had an issue before. I had my sim "replace" the oven with their money but they I just refunded it back to them because tenants shouldn't have to pay for replacement ovens! lol
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,123 Member
    i would post about this issue on ahq forum

Hmm hum. Yes This <3
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,916 Member
    edited March 19
    aaronrulz wrote: »

just a cabinet and hood vent...which I always have above my oven and repairmen never had an issue before. I had my sim "replace" the oven with their money but they I just refunded it back to them because tenants shouldn't have to pay for replacement ovens! lol

Gotcha. You could try removing those things anyway and see if it helps. I know I had some funny behavior when I had a dishwasher under a hanging pot rack. The sims didn't get any routing failure bubbles, but they just wouldn't use the dishwasher - like I could click "load dishwasher" and they still wouldn't use it.

I feel like I remember seeing your landlord bug on AHQ and can't now find it...
    anyway if it is happening on an unmodded game please consider making a report!