Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Important Update on the Future of These Forums

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    I don't believe AHQ threads will be transferred to the new forum. But you'll be able to preserve your posts while we wait for the new forum to open.

Perhaps @EA_Cade could clarify. I think he already did but there seems to still be some confusion.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,465 EA Community Manager
    I don't believe AHQ threads will be transferred to the new forum. But you'll be able to preserve your posts while we wait for the new forum to open.

Perhaps @EA_Cade could clarify. I think he already did but there seems to still be some confusion.

As of right now I'm unaware of anything going on with AHQ at all, the EA forums as far as I understand will operate independently of AHQ.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,748 Member
    edited March 14
    Oh, now you got me totally confused. Will both this vanilla and the existing AHQ close? If so, I can just hang out here instead of waiting for more action at AHQ. If AHQ is not being replaced, I don't understand why they have the same sub categories. We really don't want two parallel forums, or?

@EA_Cade I thought it was a bit weird that you did not include the link to the new forum on top of your OP, but if it is not active I understand better why it was not (yet) linked. LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, now you got me totally confused. Will both this vanilla and the existing AHQ close? If so, I can just hang out here instead of waiting for more action at AHQ. If AHQ is not being replaced, I don't understand why they have the same sub categories. We really don't want two parallel forums, or?

I recreated the same subcategories on AHQ when I found out that these forums would potentially be closed before the EA forums would be live for you, AHQ is more of a pit stop on the road to EA forums, also your posts on AHQ won't evaporate into the ether like these will in July.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,239 Member
    (...) the new forum is basically populated by a few who work hard to build their forum status. (...)

That.... sounds like a community I don't want to be a part of. Status never impressed me... but I wouldn't mind some extra bacon..

I hope you will join in. With or without the bacon. :) I've been simming a long time and have never "worked" at getting a status. Just an old simmer who loves the game and is willing to help anyone that needs it. I was surprised to get an invite but "tickled pink" at the same time.
    I think that phrase just hinted at how old I actually am. 😲

Perhaps if I add a side of hash browns you would consider the move! I've got a good feeling about the new forum once it is up and running.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,166 Member
    edited March 15
    Yeah I'm not going to be as active around AHQ at least not while this site functions :)

just checking in couple times a day to see what everyones been up to there and such

I find AHQ can be little hard to navigate and use
    but I also do feel like its hard to adjust to talking about silly stuff there
    where the silly stuff was not supposed to exist

like part of me keeps expecting @crinrict shows up to scold me for being too silly and making confusing bug reports 🤣
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,153 Member
    @Bluegayle Well, I haven't eaten bacon in years actually, because I try to keep a healthy diet.. Oh, wait, this wasn't about the bacon?
    Ah, well, I'm not sure if I can say I've been simming for a long time. When I joined these forums.. when was it.. 3 years ago.. 3,5 years ago*, I was very new to simming compared to most people on this forum. I only had one expansion pack for my game and had just recently (I think..) discovered that mods existed as well as that it was possible to make ones own towns for the game, hence my username (which is the name of the town I was working on at the time.) Had I planned to stay as a regular user, I would've chosen a different name, probably. ;) I came here to ask a stupid question (probably), I stayed to tell stories from my game...

* which is the longest I have been a continous user of any forum, I might add...

What happens when the new forum arrives, I don't know. It's gonna be a slow leap into the dark until July for me.. but I'll gladly accept the hash browns, thank you. (I had to google that to figure out it wasn't what I first associated it to possibly be.. English isn't my first language, and I don't know everything about American cuisine and culture. ;))
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,747 Member
    edited March 14
    I plan to just stay here until the new forum opens, but I will keep in mind that anything I want to continue, such as stories, etc, will need reposting on the new site. I didn’t request that my story thread in Creative be migrated over. Due to health problems, I haven’t been able to post updates so it isn’t getting much interest. But, if I ever decide to write again, I have it all saved and can repost the older content and then start new. I’m hoping, now that the “bump up every thread I participated in” frenzy is over, this forum will settle in, again.

As for AHQ, it’s not as user friendly and it does have a more sterile tone. And, like Simmerville, I kind of got the first impression that it was mostly the Community Guides talking to each other. I know that’s just a way to make the forum inviting, but it doesn’t really seem to be much different than just posting here. Anyway, since we can still post here, where our larger community is already established, I’ll check in on AHQ, but I would prefer to stay here.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,184 Member
    Will new fun threads remain on AHQ (like they won't disappear after the new forum is up) @EA_Cade?
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,775 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

like part of me keeps expecting @crinrict shows up to scold me for being too silly and making confusing bug reports 🤣

Is that the reputation I have ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    I don't really know what was meant by status but if it meant CCP members I can assure you we are the same old silly potatoes rolling bout the bin 🥔

would not even cross my mind that my posts have any sort of status please don't scare me like that :sweat_smile: *hides in the bushes*

I think it can look bit strange with the way AHQ highlights ranks though as it is useful for bug section to have that but in general discussion boards it does seem bit silly to differentiate

Also while most users have not switched over its mostly us hyperactive old bones about so yeah you'll see same faces over and over but everyone is welcome to join if they'd like and make it bit less repetitive 🙂
  • Options
    edited March 15
    crinrict wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

Is that the reputation I have ?
    Mayhaps among perpetually confused Simmingals who keep making clumsy mistakes in their bug reports 🫣
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    Will new fun threads remain on AHQ (like they won't disappear after the new forum is up) @EA_Cade?

Not aware of any plans to remove anything, those threads can live on AHQ until EA forums are live or in both places really.

• Options
    edited March 14
    @EA_Cade Not aware of any plans to remove anything, those threads can live on AHQ until EA forums are live or in both places really.

Thank you very much for your awesome response @EA_Cade B)! I'm happy to hear that B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,437 Member

I will keep looking around here. I feel like somewhere along the way, I was promised cringe posting by @Simmingal and I don't want to miss that. In fact, I am sort of looking for a whole thread of cringe posts that everyone participates in.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,539 Member
    It's true that AHQ isn't the most user friendly or as warm and fuzzy feeling, but I post over there sometimes because it's nice to see the familiar forum members from here having engaging simming discussions and sometimes it gets quiet over here with the old threads all moved about. It's also wicked easy to post a pic over there, you don't need imgur or other third party hosting site, so that's such a huge relief and makes it more fun to share. I do hope the new forums have the same picture posting protocol as AHQ. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    I agree @LiELF B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,103 Member
    @EA_Cade As threads from the Nominated section get copied over, will it be possible for those threads to be moved back to their usual home boards on the forum?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,736 Member
    edited March 15
    This is what EA_Cade said in this post @mightysprite
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18351956/#Comment_18351956
    I think that what he means is that the threads will be in the same categories on the new EA forums as they have been here.
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    A few questions:

1. When the threads created after Oct 2022 will be moved to the new forum, will they be in the same categories as they are here or will they be merged into a kind of 'Archives from the old forum' ?

2. And the Nominated Threads, will they remain all packed together in the new forum or will they find their way in the categories they were before here?

3. There is also a kind of 'paralel sims 4 forum' with General Discussion, Creative Corner... at AHQ
    Will this forum also be moved to the new forum or co exist? (And if: Why can't this forum here co exist too?)

4. How does one backup their threads?

f04e0e3d2574dedba699edc38d47a11562364222.pnj

1. We've mapped them to migrate to the same forum type on AHQ that they lived in here. We have a home for most everything created already on AHQ.

2. See above.

3. This migration is independent of the AHQ forums.

4. I've seen some users nominating their threads for migration to back them up, others are copying them to external sites like WordPress/Tumblr. Personal preference I suppose.
  • Options
    FischreuseFischreuse Posts: 3 New Member
    > @LiELF said:
    > It's true that AHQ isn't the most user friendly or as warm and fuzzy feeling, but I post over there sometimes because it's nice to see the familiar forum members from here having engaging simming discussions and sometimes it gets quiet over here with the old threads all moved about. It's also wicked easy to post a pic over there, you don't need imgur or other third party hosting site, so that's such a huge relief and makes it more fun to share. I do hope the new forums have the same picture posting protocol as AHQ. :)

I am german Simmer and reading here sometimes since the forums will closing. We get not much informations or answers like here. I try to understand more, what will happen. Excuse my english.

I can tell you, what will happen, if you put your pics like AQH in a forum like this. We did that all the years in german Forum - directly. No Host was neccessary. But ... they will gone in the new forum. All will be ... white and clear. All our storys will be destroyed. Never wish that for you.

They will transfer empty picture storys in the new forum, because they are ... actual 🙄.

They told us, we could put all our hundreds of pics quickly on a host and than link them back to forum ...
    We had not enough time to do this and we did not now, for what we should do that all.

No one seems to know, what is comimg. Why such secrets? No big Announcement? Nowhere?
  • Options
    FischreuseFischreuse Posts: 3 New Member
    Works different here to german forum. Can't correct? I meant ... we did not know 😉.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    edited March 15
    cyncie wrote: »
    As for AHQ, it’s not as user friendly and it does have a more sterile tone. And, like Simmerville, I kind of got the first impression that it was mostly the Community Guides talking to each other. I know that’s just a way to make the forum inviting, but it doesn’t really seem to be much different than just posting here. Anyway, since we can still post here, where our larger community is already established, I’ll check in on AHQ, but I would prefer to stay here.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about answers HQ. I have trouble finding my way around. And I really miss my own avatar. Only a very select few are allowed one which emphasis the difference between EA's favourites and the rest of us.

I will give it a try but this place feels much better so I will still post here as well.
    @Simmerville if you go into your profile and settings you can hide the top XP authors. I don't believe you'll be able to give or receive XP.

Settings
    Preferences
    XP

Screenshot-20240314-092718-2.png

Champion, Hero, and Guardian ranks are not included in XP leaderboard.

Thank you for this tip. I will look at the settings. I don't want to constantly see today's top xp posters because that makes the forum feel like a game to level up, not a place to talk.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,539 Member
    Fischreuse wrote: »
    > @LiELF said:
    > It's true that AHQ isn't the most user friendly or as warm and fuzzy feeling, but I post over there sometimes because it's nice to see the familiar forum members from here having engaging simming discussions and sometimes it gets quiet over here with the old threads all moved about. It's also wicked easy to post a pic over there, you don't need imgur or other third party hosting site, so that's such a huge relief and makes it more fun to share. I do hope the new forums have the same picture posting protocol as AHQ. :)

I am german Simmer and reading here sometimes since the forums will closing. We get not much informations or answers like here. I try to understand more, what will happen. Excuse my english.

I can tell you, what will happen, if you put your pics like AQH in a forum like this. We did that all the years in german Forum - directly. No Host was neccessary. But ... they will gone in the new forum. All will be ... white and clear. All our storys will be destroyed. Never wish that for you.

They will transfer empty picture storys in the new forum, because they are ... actual 🙄.

They told us, we could put all our hundreds of pics quickly on a host and than link them back to forum ...
    We had not enough time to do this and we did not now, for what we should do that all.

No one seems to know, what is comimg. Why such secrets? No big Announcement? Nowhere?

Oh wow, I'm sorry that happened, that sounds frustrating. 😟

It's a bit confusing right now, not knowing what will transfer to the new forums and it feels like we're all stuck in limbo until they go live. But I figured I'd hold off on posting any long projects or dedicated stories for now so I only post a picture here and there in some threads that I won't mind if they get lost.

Once the new forums are up and settled, then I'll start thinking about what stories and Sim creation threads I want to do.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,153 Member
    Oh, how could I forget this. The food that should have been talked about yesterday wasn't bacon or hash browns.

It was pie.

Yeah, don't expect quality posts coming from me for the next few months...

But yeah, not even getting to personalize ones profile with an avatar is boring. I want my fictional Sim nations flag or I'm not posting! ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    Mmm...pie! Now you're talkin'! B)