Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch February 27 (Emergency Patch Has Released)

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,899 Member
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Thanks for showing what it looks like. I was gonna wait for my mods to be ready before updating. Maybe I will wait longer. This means waiting with the cristal creations stuff pack as well, so the shopping cart will delay me buying the new SP🤔 So be it.

I agree, I was going to grab the new pack on Thursday but I’m waiting for now. I have no desire to have something blinking at me, I have to be careful with games as it is because that can trigger my migraines.

• Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Like other folks, I'll be waiting to update until at a minimum modders have gotten rid of the in-game shopping cart. I'll have some soul-searching to do regarding whether I'm going to pick up any more kits or packs until EA gets rid of it.

Gotta love the thought process that says hey, our fanbase is largely neurodivergent. Let's put a large pulsing button into the UI to try to get them to buy the DLC they've decided they don't want. Like, hey, EA, let me introduce you to my pathologic demand avoidance. I will face God and walk backward, etc. before I buy anything through your shopping cart button.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,652 Member
    Leaving entirely aside how amazingly opposed to this "shopping cart" I am, I have a question...
    In this update you might see a new button in the top right corner of your screen.
    • This cart emblazoned button has many uses ranging from sharing pack offers and sales information to recommending packs you might be interested in. All accessible without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes.

OK, so we have a button to buy expansions in the in-game UI, "without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes" ... but can one actually download, install and use those expansions without "without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes"?

Anyone know? @EA_Cade?
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    Leaving entirely aside how amazingly opposed to this "shopping cart" I am, I have a question...
    In this update you might see a new button in the top right corner of your screen.
    • This cart emblazoned button has many uses ranging from sharing pack offers and sales information to recommending packs you might be interested in. All accessible without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes.

OK, so we have a button to buy expansions in the in-game UI, "without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes" ... but can one actually download, install and use those expansions without "without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes"?

Anyone know? @EA_Cade?

This is a great question and I would like to know this also.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,346 EA Community Manager

Anyone know? @EA_Cade?
    LiELF wrote: »

Anyone know? @EA_Cade?

This is a great question and I would like to know this also.

Thanks for tagging me! Looking into this now.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,096 Member
    edited February 27
    Can anyone help? Since updating, my sim self and his wife cannot click on and interact with any other sims in the worlds. Their child sims can interact with their parents and other sims in the worlds. I've removed MCCC and a CC career mod and they still cannot interact with other sims.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    Two threads to share your feedback on the new shopping cart icon.

Bug report at AHQ
    Pulsating Shopping Button
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Pulsating-Shopping-Button/td-p/13519671

Sims 4 Feedback Forum
    IN-GAME PULSATING POPUP PACK ADS: COMMUNITY REACTS
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1013078/in-game-pulsating-popup-pack-ads-community-reacts#

QEl2COz.png
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Can anyone help? Since updating, my sim self and his wife cannot click on and interact with any other sims in the worlds. Their child sims can interact with their parents and other sims in the worlds. I've removed MCCC and a CC career mod and they still cannot interact with other sims.

I'd recommend removing all mods, delete the localthumbecache in your Sims 4 folder, and then do a game repair in the EA app. Then load the game, see if works. If it does, your mods probably need updating and shouldn't be put back into the mods folder. Wait for the creators to update, then add them back one by one to make sure they work okay.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    UsIW3Kz.png
  • Options
    edited February 27
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    So, does anyone know if the residential rental lot being able to be changed back to residential or another lot type is really fixed with this patch?
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    So, does anyone know if the residential rental lot being able to be changed back to residential or another lot type is really fixed with this patch?
    I checked and it seems like it was fixed. I had a lot that was stuck on residential rental. When I booted up the game after the patch, it was back to being a residential.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member

@Brd709 Could this be the issue you're having? Be sure to "me too" on AHQ. :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member

There is a bug report open on AHQ and it seems to be affecting many players. It is game-breaking and hopefully can/will be fixed soon. Until then, that save/sim is broken and not even putting them in a new save will help.
  • Options

@Brd709 Could this be the issue you're having? Be sure to "me too" on AHQ. :smile:

That's the one!

• Options
    The social menu not appearing for certain sims is really baffling. Julianna and Juliette cannot click on any other sim in the household. Hannah still has the social menu for both Julianna and Juliette. They can all interact with the pets, horse, and farm animals.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    The social menu not appearing for certain sims is really baffling. Julianna and Juliette cannot click on any other sim in the household. Hannah still has the social menu for both Julianna and Juliette. They can all interact with the pets, horse, and farm animals.

Looks like i'm not playing until a hot fix is sorted for this. My sim self's kids Ashley and Hannah can click on everyone but my sim self and his wife Emily can't. My sim self's grandson Brian seems unaffected.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 257 Member
    edited February 28
    Well, I took a chance on this update, as I was about to go and buy the rental pack.
    MY money stays in my pocket after 2 hours of EVERYTHING going wrong after updating.
    Game failing to load on every teleport to a new lot or world.
    Game dresser code overiding all my settings and clothing choices from CAS.
    Seems EA/Maxis coders have broken just about every mod that makes the game worth playing.

In total, Well Done EA\Maxis, you've outshone yourself this time.
    We the customer do not pay you to bug test your software for you, get that through your skulls.
    And yes, If sound a bit angry, it's because of you EA\Maxis

My life work depended on me getting it right first time every time or real people would really die.
    (I was an engineer in a diversity of roles. Mostly emergency work.)
    There's a tip for you, do a better job and do some real test playing and bug hunting yourselves.
    Just because it compiles, does Not mean it is good workable code!
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

Wait. Surely I am misunderstanding this. There is a shopping cart that pulsates light being tried out in the game and it cannot be removed? Pulsates light as in a possible migraine and seizure triggering fashion? Surely I am misunderstanding this. Surely they know how awful this can be for players with certain medical conditions. I'm angry enough that they've put a shopping cart in the game. But a pulsating one? I'm a little beyond angry about just how insensitive that is. Surely, someone will tell me that I am misunderstanding this.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Well, I wasn't going to update or buy the pack until at least Saturday anyway but it looks like it will probably be longer depending on how long it takes the Sims team to fix the game-breaking social menus bug or a modder to fix it. Not to mention having to wait until all my mods I use are updated and hopefully that radiating, pulsating shopping cart is modded out or removed by EA. Good grief I can feel a migraine coming on just thinking about it. :anguished:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Well, I wasn't going to update or buy the pack until at least Saturday anyway but it looks like it will probably be longer depending on how long it takes the Sims team to fix the game-breaking social menus bug or a modder to fix it. Not to mention having to wait until all my mods I use are updated and hopefully that radiating, pulsating shopping cart is modded out or removed by EA. Good grief I can feel a migraine coming on just thinking about it. :anguished:

You were smart to wait. I wish that I had - I can't even play my save since I can't click on my sim for any interaction. The sheer amount of time that went into creating this sim and obtaining everything is heartbreaking if it can't be fixed. I can't even evaluate the horrible pulsating shopping cart feature since I can't do anything in my game. Better to just shut it down and go find something else to play. And EA can forget about selling me any more content, shopping cart icon or not.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 257 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Wait. Surely I am misunderstanding this. There is a shopping cart that pulsates light being tried out in the game and it cannot be removed? Pulsates light as in a possible migraine and seizure triggering fashion? Surely I am misunderstanding this. Surely they know how awful this can be for players with certain medical conditions. I'm angry enough that they've put a shopping cart in the game. But a pulsating one? I'm a little beyond angry about just how insensitive that is. Surely, someone will tell me that I am misunderstanding this.

Monet, there is a teeny bit of good news.
    IF you play offline it doesn't pulse and blink.
    It IS however still there being annoying and insulting to us.

There is so much so wrong about this latest update, they may as well work out how to a backdate for us and FAST!
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    The way that cart button pulses is EXTREMELY distracting and annoying

I don't see it in my game yet, but this might just break me. I can't stand seeing things with a repeating pattern in the corner of my eye. It draws my attention so badly. I saw it on a video and I can't handle it. I would be so so sad if this destroys my sims game for me. But it seriously might.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,663 Member
    edited February 28
    Wow. Sounds bad. I was going to buy the stuff pack on release, but if that shopping cart is there, I’ll have to skip the update and stay offline. I already had to drop my games for months last year because the wonky camera movements (on two separate games!) were triggering migraines. I’m just not going to deal with a shopping cart flashing in my eyes.