Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Important Update on the Future of These Forums

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 23
    @mcrudd I always read your name as McRudd and thought it was a shared account between family members and just was using the last name

I do share my account with my daughter if she plays sims, not so much since she started Uni, but my profile name has been mcrudd since I think sims 2 days, I was known as Simaholic for a while, but mcrudd is used almost everywhere even not sims related sites as well. It is real interesting to see how others read it though ;)

edit to add
    I'm guilty too, but I'm a little off to one side of that. I don't say Mac, I say Mick.😊

Hahahaha well at least not a mc donalds order for you then :D
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    @mcrudd
    mcrudd wrote: »

I never thought it this way, but now when you mention it...

One McRudd with cheese and strawberry sundae for nooboo, thank you o:)o:)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @mcrudd

I never thought it this way, but now when you mention it...

One McRudd with cheese and strawberry sundae for nooboo, thank you o:)o:)

Hahahahaha, now that made my day <3
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,855 Member
    @mcrudd I always read your name as McRudd and thought it was a shared account between family members and just was using the last name

I do share my account with my daughter if she plays sims, not so much since she started Uni, but my profile name has been mcrudd since I think sims 2 days, I was known as Simaholic for a while, but mcrudd is used almost everywhere even not sims related sites as well. It is real interesting to see how others read it though ;)

edit to add
    I'm guilty too, but I'm a little off to one side of that. I don't say Mac, I say Mick.😊

Part of that is a lot of Americans say "Let's eat at Micky D's", not Mac Donalds. The people I know are about 50/50 on that. When I see Mc I think of Mc Donald's and I'm in the Micky D's camp so Mc just automatically becomes Mick in my head.😁 This has been hugely entertaining and enlightening, and now we know how to say you're name correctly. It's a win-win-win.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited February 24
    I just tried to respond to the what happened in your game today thread and got body is 4 characters too short even though it's not.

EDIT: Forgot to complete a quote tag.
  • Options
    Part of that is a lot of Americans say "Let's eat at Micky D's", not Mac Donalds. The people I know are about 50/50 on that. When I see Mc I think of Mc Donald's and I'm in the Micky D's camp so Mc just automatically becomes Mick in my head.😁 This has been hugely entertaining and enlightening, and now we know how to say you're name correctly. It's a win-win-win.

Woah that is interesting and mmmmm guess I am back to being a burger order both ways then :D:D:D
    Here in Kiwiland (NZ) we call it Macca's ;)

• Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    edited February 23
    I'm in the "Mick" camp too. Micky D's and McDonald's pronounced as "Mick" not "Mac".

MacDonalds does not sound right to me at all. :D

Edit: I'm from Pennsylvania, but grew up in the south and always pronounced it that way.
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    These are those big great questions of Simnation... B)

To be, or not to be?

Live mode or LIVE mode??

Mick or Mac?
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

Woah that is interesting and mmmmm guess I am back to being a burger order both ways then :D:D:D
    Here in Kiwiland (NZ) we call it Macca's ;)

It feels like this Mick-Mac thing is starting to take on a life of its own.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    Belalucina wrote: »
    I need help!

I realized that I had two EA accounts. So I tried changing my email to make it match the one that I actually use to play the game from. But then when I went to change my email here on the forums it says I don't have permission to do that?

So I tried changing it on the ea forums, but now it says I can't change it because I've already changed it.

So now they don't match and I need help. Lol. Please help. Thank you. :D

I was scared of something like that happening if I changed my username.
    I'm actually glad that I couldn't.
    I don't want anything to get messed up and I can't get back in!
    Good luck :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    @February11 thankfully I got it taken care of lol.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    @EA_Cade
    A few questions about the new forum site:
    1. Will it be light or dark mode, and if it's dark mode, could I switch to light mode. I can't read dark mode.
    2. Will we be able to adjust the size of the text on our screens, or at least zoom in. I can't zoom in on answers HQ, and I find the writting on that and Reddit to be too small, but at least I can zoom in on Reddit. I struggle with small fonts and would like to be able to make it bigger.
    3. Will replies to someone's comment be inside a reply section (like Reddit and Facebook do), rather than having to quote them and reply in the post. It will also make it easier to read when the discussion gets slightly off track, then I could skip that and move straight onto the next comment.
    4. Will my forum account automatically transfer, or will I have to create a new account.

I'm hoping we have a dark theme available but regardless of that we wouldn't force it to be used as this is an accessibility issue.

Thankyou.
    That's a releif to hear.

And yeah, my second question could be something to do with my tablet, but AHQ wasn't letting me zoom in the other day.

Thank you for answering so promptly 🙂

Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    edited February 24
    @February11 thankfully I got it taken care of lol.

Has it been sorted out for you already?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Congratulations to everyone given part in the Community Connections Program! You all deserve it so much!
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    @February11 yes, you can change your username or email very quickly by sending a message to @EA_Cade
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Sul Sul,

Sharing some additional details here on the steps @EA_Solaire and I are taking on our side to preserve the legacy of these forums.
    Over the past 3 days we've been reaching out to several members of this community to offer them a place in our Community Connections Program on Answers HQ and the new EA forums.

This ensures both that they have direct lines to myself and EA, and the best resources available to them to keep doing exactly what they've been doing here on AHQ and eventually on our new EA forums.

Before I give these posters their flowers, I want to make it absolutely clear that this is not a "these are the only folks here that deserve recognition" list; rather, this is a chance for me to recognize the posters here that make losing this forum mean something to the rest of us. Posters who have been here sharing their thoughts, builds, reviews, wants and wishes, stories, or even just kind words for years and years. The heart and soul of what in my opinion, made this forum special to all of us.

All that being said, I'm happy to share that so far we've been able to add @simgirl1010, @Lisasc360, @Ellupelluellu, @soocoolsim, @Simmingal, @rosemow, @BreeMiles, @luckyheather, @EnkiSchmidt, @DaniRose2143 and @Bluegayle to our ranks on Answers HQ, and we're currently in talks with several others as well.

Thank you all, for everything you do.

Adding @Bluegayle to the list :)

Congrats @DaniRose2143 and @Bluegayle and all the other earlier champions. It was such a surprise and honour for me too.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Looking forward to the new forums and your ongoing participation to keep our community a fun and welcoming hangout. 😀
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Well... this announcement isn't as bad as I thought it would be after reading the comments. I'm really glad that we are still going to have a forum, because that's really the only place for me to share silly posts and feedback about The Sims, as I'm not a lover of social media.

Luckily, my username for AHQ/EA Account is already the same as it is on here. I'm looking forward to seeing the new forums!
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    Thank you @soocoolsim🙂 I look at the other names on that list and it blows my mind to see mine there too. It's an amazing group of forum members from an entire community of amazing simmers. Congrats to my fellow members, present and future, and to everyone who comes here and makes this place awesim every day.🙂
  • Options
    edited February 24
    @February11 yes, you can change your username or email very quickly by sending a message to @EA_Cade

That's great.
    Unfortunately my name here is already in use by someone else at AHQ, so I'll revert back to my old one once our home here closes its doors - hence my siggie 😊
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Thank you @soocoolsim🙂 I look at the other names on that list and it blows my mind to see mine there too. It's an amazing group of forum members from an entire community of amazing simmers. Congrats to my fellow members, present and future, and to everyone who comes here and makes this place awesim every day.🙂

Its wonderful. I'm so happy for all of you 🥰
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited February 24
    Sul Sul,

Sharing some additional details here on the steps @EA_Solaire and I are taking on our side to preserve the legacy of these forums.
    Over the past 3 days we've been reaching out to several members of this community to offer them a place in our Community Connections Program on Answers HQ and the new EA forums.

This ensures both that they have direct lines to myself and EA, and the best resources available to them to keep doing exactly what they've been doing here on AHQ and eventually on our new EA forums.

Before I give these posters their flowers, I want to make it absolutely clear that this is not a "these are the only folks here that deserve recognition" list; rather, this is a chance for me to recognize the posters here that make losing this forum mean something to the rest of us. Posters who have been here sharing their thoughts, builds, reviews, wants and wishes, stories, or even just kind words for years and years. The heart and soul of what in my opinion, made this forum special to all of us.

All that being said, I'm happy to share that so far we've been able to add @simgirl1010, @Lisasc360, @Ellupelluellu, @soocoolsim, @Simmingal, @rosemow, @BreeMiles, @luckyheather, @EnkiSchmidt, @DaniRose2143 and @Bluegayle to our ranks on Answers HQ, and we're currently in talks with several others as well.

Thank you all, for everything you do.

Adding @Bluegayle to the list :)

Congrats to everyone! Y'all deserve this so much :blush:<3
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Thankyou for your lovely message @DaniRose2143 :) It is beautiful and special what you wrote. I can’t believe that I am a part of the group also. All members of the simming community though are here to support, encourage, help and have fun with fellow simmers. Thankyou very much to every simmer who posts on this and the new forums, and makes it a special simming community :)