Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Laundry List February 14

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
The Sims Direct Communications has released a new laundry list.

Screenshot-20240214-133719-2.png

Screenshot-20240214-133936-2.png
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    With a DATE.

Patch incoming Feb 27th :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    edited February 14
    Laundry List here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1012896/laundry-list-february-14th-2024#latest

:

Holidays Only Appearing for Three Sims in Household

[CONSOLE] Unable to toggle wall tile placement type between room and single when using controller

Customer Service NPCs Don't Spawn on Community Lots

Stuck on Residential Rental Lot type

Sims eating prepped ingredients as 'eat leftovers'

Waffle Maker and Pizza Oven cause constant fires

Vegetarian: Plain Waffles give Violating Principals moodlets

Sims get stuck cooking/eating

Off-grid fridges drain power, can't turn off utility usage

Save Error : 403:8e5010b7

Error code: 102/122:a0adad34

Can't fish in winter

Nasi lemak looks nothing like real life dish

Reward Trait still available after purchase

Hoodie Makes Sim's Eyes Bigger
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Let's get to my usual comment!

Still no attention to elder's constant fear of death.

Great to see a patch coming soon though!
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    omg finally <3

Will this stop saves from corrupting?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    omg finally <3

That particular bug isn't on the list, although I'm sure they're investigating it. If that bug does get fixed, I'm almost certain that it will only apply to new saves; any saves that are already corrupt will not be salvaged.

Man, I can't wait for the holiday bug to get fixed. And the reward store issue.

Even though the issue of toddlers aging up without reward traits isn't on the list, I hope they sneak in a fix for that too. It's a nightmare to play the 100 Baby Challenge and have to remember to cheat in the reward trait every time a toddler ages up. Everything's a blur when you're working on toddler #70!!
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    omg finally <3

That particular bug isn't on the list, although I'm sure they're investigating it. If that bug does get fixed, I'm almost certain that it will only apply to new saves; any saves that are already corrupt will not be salvaged.

Man, I can't wait for the holiday bug to get fixed. And the reward store issue.

Even though the issue of toddlers aging up without reward traits isn't on the list, I hope they sneak in a fix for that too. It's a nightmare to play the 100 Baby Challenge and have to remember to cheat in the reward trait every time a toddler ages up. Everything's a blur when you're working on toddler #70!!

Aw, man. Same here on the holiday bug though, at least there's that.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    So glad to see the holiday bug is getting addressed. Just yesterday of my six sims in the household, one of the three who had the holiday UI was the one sim ignored the tradition (It was the surprise mischief day), so as a result only two could participate.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    The last time I had a holiday, it only applied to my matriarch and her twin infants. Meaning that in reality, it only applied to the matriarch. None of the teens or children in household earned any reward points. It's really annoying because I added a whole bunch of custom holidays to the calendar so the kids and teens could earn as many rewards as possible before being booted out of the household. But, since the bug started, I've had to kick out a good dozen or so YAs with barely any reward traits. I also short-changed a few of them by accidentally purchasing reward traits they already had before I realized there was a bug affecting the rewards store too. ๐Ÿ™„
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    I was hoping to see the gardening bug adressed somewhere in that list, but I'll be very much looking forward to hopefully getting rid of the holiday bug. Finally, ALL my sims can enjoy their wacky events again, that is, if I ever can leave Faerun behind this year.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    the save corrupting issues has not been addressed and that is the most serious of any bugs to affect players.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Well, good news. Crossing my fingers HARD that these incoming fixes actually, ya know, fix stuff.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm really hoping that some of the other FR fixes have a side effect on the save corruption (which could be a symptom of multiple causes). But most just really happy that there was a date attached. Immediate consequence: I'm not having a root canal that day :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER โ€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    the save corrupting issues has not been addressed and that is the most serious of any bugs to affect players.

Isnโ€™t the save corrupting issue linked to the residential rental being stuck?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Some nice fixes on the list. I am happy that the npc not spawning is addressed. And eating prepped ingredients as leftovers is also annoying.

I really hope the toddlers reward trait get fixed. I like to earn this trait for every toddler born in game and I want to no longer need a cheat every time to fix this issue.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Here is an alternative link for those who want to avoid xitter:

Laundry List on EA.com ๐Ÿ‘‰ here

I found this information on the Sims Discord server. And as much as I want to avoid discord, maybe it's better to link to discord and the official EA site instead of xitter? There is so much hate there I don't know how to avoid. I really hope with the new Sims Forum, we also get some first hand information there.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game ๐Ÿ›บ A Dramedy ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ The Boys ๐Ÿฅ‡ Their first year - A Dramedy ๐Ÿš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera ๐ŸŽ The Stables - A Horse Drama
    ๐ŸŽ Best of Buydebug โ˜ƒ๏ธ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips ๐ŸŽฌ My Builds: Houses ๐Ÿ˜ Rooms ๐Ÿ›‹ SciFi ๐Ÿ‘พ creatively edited Screenshots ๐ŸŽจ
  • Options
    edited February 15
    The Laundry List is always posted here on the forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-latest-news

As I'm sure will be the case for our new forum.

And as @EA_Cade has verified that Twitter links will work on the new forum I will continue posting information for those interested.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Or we could post the full Laundry List here so no one has to go somewhere else.
    Like so:

Laundry List - February 14th, 2024

Laundry List

port-of-marriage.png?im=AspectCrop=(16,9),xPosition=0.5,yPosition=0.5&w=1006

Sul Sul Simmers!

Welcome to this monthโ€™s Laundry List, where we share a list of the top community concerns weโ€™re currently investigating and hope to resolve in an upcoming patch.

This is only a list of topics from AnswersHQ with upcoming fixes; there are more topics reported by players that are not listed and are still being worked on. This list is based on reports by players on Answers HQ and helps us continue our work on improving the user experience on a regular basis.

Please note that some topics can be tricky and may require an extended investigation on our end, so even though we are actively reviewing, itโ€™s not a guarantee that weโ€™ll have an immediate fix in the upcoming patch.

Hereโ€™s the list of the community concerns weโ€™re investigating and aiming to resolve in the next patch:

๐Ÿงบ Holidays Only Appearing for Three Sims in Household
    ๐Ÿงบ [CONSOLE] Unable to toggle wall tile placement type between room and single when using controller
    ๐Ÿงบ Customer Service NPCs Don't Spawn on Community Lots
    ๐Ÿงบ Stuck on Residential Rental Lot type
    ๐Ÿงบ Sims eating prepped ingredients as 'eat leftovers'
    ๐Ÿงบ Waffle Maker and Pizza Oven cause constant fires
    ๐Ÿงบ Vegetarian: Plain Waffles give Violating Principals moodlets
    ๐Ÿงบ Sims get stuck cooking/eating
    ๐Ÿงบ Off-grid fridges drain power, can't turn off utility usage
    ๐Ÿงบ Save Error : 403:8e5010b7
    ๐Ÿงบ Error code: 102/122:a0adad34
    ๐Ÿงบ Can't fish in winter
    ๐Ÿงบ Nasi lemak looks nothing like real life dish
    ๐Ÿงบ Reward Trait still available after purchase
    ๐Ÿงบ Hoodie Makes Sim's Eyes Bigger

Thank you for all your patience and valuable help in reporting! Please continue sharing with us any issues youโ€™re experiencing on Answers HQ.

Weโ€™ll continue to check in, and together we can make this game the best it can be.

Happy Simming!
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game ๐Ÿ›บ A Dramedy ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ The Boys ๐Ÿฅ‡ Their first year - A Dramedy ๐Ÿš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera ๐ŸŽ The Stables - A Horse Drama
    ๐ŸŽ Best of Buydebug โ˜ƒ๏ธ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips ๐ŸŽฌ My Builds: Houses ๐Ÿ˜ Rooms ๐Ÿ›‹ SciFi ๐Ÿ‘พ creatively edited Screenshots ๐ŸŽจ
  • Options

Some of it, probably. Some might be related to lots that have debug items. Some pre-exists For Rent so isn't related. It's like gardening issues - one symptom with (likely) many causes. But I'm not 100% on top of this particular one. Hence *hoping* that it's largely addressed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER โ€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Some of it, probably. Some might be related to lots that have debug items. Some pre-exists For Rent so isn't related. It's like gardening issues - one symptom with (likely) many causes. But I'm not 100% on top of this particular one. Hence *hoping* that it's largely addressed.

@luthienrising @SheriSim57 I am not sure. It happened once when. I had under 60. I was told it was the amount of residential rental units you have in one save. I had the residential rental "stuck" issue a couple of times with that save before I noticed corruption. I actually devised a work around to unstuck them even, but my first lots in the main square part of willow creek got exclamation points over them. and then when I tried to visit them - they were gone- Straight out a horror novel.

Then I went back to previous save, and at the 13th residential rental unit I dropped, a previous apartment building I always had there with 6 units, it game me that "stuck" where I bought the building but it's not acting as a residential rental and i can't change it. I freaked out and I 'm not sure if i saw corruption starting in willow creeks first lots, can barely remember, but I just went back to the pre For Rent save. I don't think I had any debug in that apartment building. It was an old building with nothing odd in it but a lot of custom content.

It could be the residential rental lot thing that triggered it, and if they fix that, then maybe the corruption doesn't happen. Would be nice if it could all be fixed in one swoop. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX Just going by that one of the symptoms of some cases of current lot corruption existed before For Rent too. As did general save corruption. I hope they can catch all For Rent-related causes, though, with this. But I'm not going to hold my breath on that.
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I'm so happy to see Stuck on Residential Rental Lot type on this list. This one nasty bug has prevented me from touching the game since before Christmas last year. I haven't dared play in fear of irreperable save file damage.

Also happy to see the holidays only appearing for 3 sims, and Customer Service NPCs not spawning.
  • Options
    edited February 15
    @luthienrising another issues I got when I installed For Rent I havent heard anyone talk about, my flower shop, it cost too much to maintain. The cost are always in the tens of thousands and it was not like that before For Rent.

I worked really hard filling the store with custom arrangements from their perfect flowers they grow in their greenhouse there and I am going to have no choice but to sell the shop we worked so hard on. The cost accumulate even when i don't play that family.

I haven't checked the other shops, but I imagine it's the same.
  • Options
    @luthienrising another issues I got when I installed For Rent I havent heard anyone talk about, my flower shop, it cost too much to maintain. The cost are always in the tens of thousands and it was not like that before For Rent.

I worked really hard filling the store with custom arrangements from their perfect flowers they grow in their greenhouse there and I am going to have no choice but to sell the shop we worked so hard on. The cost accumulate even when i don't play that family.

I haven't checked the other shops, but I imagine it's the same.

Worth reporting to Bug Reports if it's happening mod-free as well.