Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you created your Simself?

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited December 2023
    Yes
    I did not make it myself but @lisabee2 made this selfsim for me <3
    Here is my selfsim aka Melanie with my cat Socks
    D6Cp1J4.png

and my cat Roxy
    HLVL42h.png

ps. Just realized I am actually wearing that t shirt my selfsim is wearing right now too LOL :D
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Yes

Thank you @Ziafar , thank you @ncisGibbs02 , thank you all! 💚

Oof, I'm almost getting emotional here. Last month I wouldn't have dared dreaming of my life's work getting all this positive attention, yet here I am, teary eyed, borderline jealous of my simself, wondering how on earth he always manages to be more photogenic than me.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Yes
    Yes, sim-me is the matriarch in my game. It's fun to have a life outside of the real world.

tX8YVfg.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Other (please elaborate)
    I made me. I don't share her and have never shown her.

I make many versions of fake me. I share those all the time.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    No
    No, it's not my thing actually. I prefer playing with characters I have created.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes
    I have!
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Other (please elaborate)
    In my early days of playing Sims 3 I created a Sim self. It was really weird playing her and even weirder having her around. I haven’t made one since.
  • Options
    MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but I don't share my Simself, and I barely place her in my game: that's actually my Simself her in my profile pic, though, cuddling my favorite animal. :D First off: I don't share her because I used tons of packs on her, and I prefer to share stuff to my Gallery that other people could actually place after downloading (I tend to limit my pack use for both that and lot builds to like 4 or 5 packs at most). Not to mention how darned weird it is to basically see myself walking around in the game whenever I'm playing another household. :s I just tried to picture the Sims that I made not knowing who they're talking to whenever anyone socially interacts with my Simself, but it's still too weird for me to see that happening in my game. All I can think when watching that is 'This fictional person is talking to their creator.' :# So now, I just kind of use my Simself as a playtester sometimes for starter residential builds... It's kind of like me doing a last inspection before the Sim in question gets to move into their new house, I suppose. :D
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Yes
    Yes, it was as part of a challenge. I tried playing her but it didn't feel right, so I deleted her from my game.
  • Options
    ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    No
    lemonella wrote: »
    A Simself is a sim character created to represent yourself in real life. These sims typically resemble one’s physical characteristics and personality traits, but they do not have to. Creative freedom is not limited.

I have been playing Sims for 20+ years and not once have I created a sim to look like myself. In sims I get to create myself to look like whatever I want (within the games limitations), why in the world would I want to create myself the way I am irl, in my escape world lol :D
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,402 Member
    No
    I prefer the premades.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited February 16
    Yes
    I make a lot of my sims have similarities to my appearance, but even when I make the features exactly like mine while looking at a variety of pictures of my face, it still doesn’t look like my face. I actually made a sim self with my features and hair etc who still somehow does not look like me, again today, and I added an accurate aspiration and traits. I made her an adult instead of a young adult, this time, just to be accurate. Anyway. I might ask my partner to design me for me…

Edit: My partner made a sim me, he said the problem was that the all of the faces were too big. And he said the young adult face was more accurate than the adult face. So anyway, he made one that he said is "pretty spot on" and I am pretty excited about it!
    Post edited by fujicakes1 on
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    YEETYLER21YEETYLER21 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes
    All tho it was a bit hard to make it look just like me without any packs, kits and since im on console it made it harder as i cant use or get cc
  • Options
    AdamBurtSimsAdamBurtSims Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 4
    Yes
    Yes, look at my pic profile and under my post, that me. It me in a Sim World. It fun to put yourself in Sim World, do things never do in real life like having girlfriends and kissing them.
    Post edited by AdamBurtSims on
    I'm a British Geek who love Bella Goth, Behr sisters, Liberty Lee, Summer Holidays, Pleasant sisters and other Sims wafius/girlfriends. And like his Sims cats.g8pvk4adgueh.jpg
  • Options
    manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 222 Member
    No
    I've tried but always change them up at the last minute but I may give this a go :D
    28dul88f8gdo.png
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 794 Member
    Yes
    That was the first thing I did when I installed the The Sims 4 demo (the one containing only the CAS trial). I don't have that sim anymore, and it's fine this way, the result was very bad XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Yes

It felt like bad Karma. At some point, in legacy play, the sim-self gets older and old and dies. The children grow up and they need to marry or partner - ew! Controlling that is completely awful. They also get old and die. Never ever again.

In Sims 1 the children never become adults and nobody dies of old age. Sim-selves would be ok there.

I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,938 Member
    Yes
    I have almost only played my simself, that's why i play this game. I have "restarted" twice maybe 3 times since i started playing.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yes
    First thing I've done with every Sims game is make a "me" :) I use her for my avatar, but I've played with her in the past. I wasn't allowed to after I died in my daughter's save suring The Sims in the famous backyard model rocket incident, but... I had to confess to my daughter early in Sims 4 that I was doing it again, but under an alias, in a save I set up while rotational gameplay was being broken for me in about 2015. (It's a really fun save populated entirely by celebrities and characters from movies/books/etc. Sometimes I feel like reviving it, but there are so many more worlds now!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Yes
    My avatar is the simself I made for Sims 2. I haven't had red hair in several years (it's my natural blonde) but my hair is actually this long again.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    Yes
    My avatar is my simself but about 30 years younger.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but I don't exactly see the sim as me, or the actual person, but sim inspired by. Also most glorified version of- because hey, why not if we can, it's just a game. My style base play leans to fictional than reality because I used the game as an escape.

When I first got the handle of sims 1, I made a sim like me with the exact name. She walked into the house, started to cook and died by fire less than 5 minutes into the game. Since there I learned to make them like but not exactly. The sims I have currently made based on real people also have names like their name but not exact. I don't like accidents and bad omen feelings afterwards.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yes
    Yes I have created a few versions of my Simself; in fact the most recent one you're looking at right now as my forum avatar.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Yes
    Sure did, and he's in one of my saves.....looking every bit as ugly and nerdy as I do in real life lol
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    Other (please elaborate)
    I've never created a simself in the strict sense of a sim who looks like me. My favorite sim Danielle is an idealized version of me and a simself in a surrogate sense. She's a sim I can live vicariously through and do things I'd never be able to do in real life. It sounds sadder than it is. Those adventures and the time I've spent with her in the game got me through some rough patches.😁

That's why she's my favorite. Even if I moved on to Sims 5/Rene or something else I'd make another version of her and her wife and the fun would continue.😁