Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have your Sims 1,2,3 Game discs?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

About a year ago, I acquired all of the Sims 3 on disk through eBay. I bought a 2009 copy of the Sims 3 game so that I could have the complete game without having to use the EA app. I use Create A World and rely on Edit in Game when working with my worlds. I don't know when, or if, they will fix the problem between the EA app and Edit in Game using CAW.

I started from scratch and installed the game through version 1.67. Installing version 1.69 installs Origin, which now forces you to install the EA app. Now I don't have to worry about EA breaking my game anymore.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I do own a lot of them somewhere. For The Sims 1 sadly I think some discs got damaged and thus I don't have them anymore. For The Sims 2 I should still have all of them somewhere. For The Sims 3 I bought some digitally, but should still have all of them in disc form that I bought that way.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    TS2 came on a "Double Deluxe" edition from 2009 that I bought secondhand at a yardsale from a family friend. So far, that's the only one I've ever gotten that wasn't a download. Windows 11 (and to an extent, newer PCs with 10) are a pain in the rear end when it comes to running games from discs without several workarounds.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 951 Member
    I and my sisters sold our TS1 and TS2 discs, but I later bought some of TS2 discs back and I still have them if someday I want to play TS2 again. I played it before I started playing TS4 in 2019 and I still have it installed on my PC.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,035 Member
    I have almost all of my Sims 2 packs on my games shelf, along with Sims 3's base game, World Adventures (I went digital with Sims 3 after WA), and Sims 4 Snowy Escape. It's been 20 years and several moves since I had my Sims 1 packs, so they're all lost.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 380 Member
    Have some of the discs for console packed away with the PS2 and Xbox
    The discs for PC from TS to TS4 before became all digital have a few TS3 dlcs packed with the rest but as for the others back in 2017 they disappeared along with the pc they were all installed disappeared when kicked the ex I was living with moved out
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,148 Member
    I still have my Sims 3 base game disc, yes. Never owned any other Sims game. When I played The Sims 2, I borrowed the disc from my sister (and that's how I got into The Sims).
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    grnblzgrnblz Posts: 249 Member
    I still have all of my discs in their cases for S1, S2 and S3 plus their respective Prima Guides. I have my Sims Castaway Stories, Urbz, My Sims and Medieval (both discs). If it had the Sims name on it, I bought it and played it. They are all on shelves in my computer desk.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,427 Member
    I have even some TS4 discs.
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    I have them all. Sims 1, 2, and 3. Plus all the Prima game guides.

I really miss those Prima guides. I used to love poring over them.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 968 Member

"Have"?! Yes. "Can find and use"?

Um.... :D With TS1, sure. I still have a notepad file with all of my disc codes written on it because I'm a data hoarder. TS2, not so much. I last had everything together 8 years ago, but it's multi-disc so I'm pretty sure I couldn't find it. This is why I don't have GTA III on this system, just VC & San Andreas.
  • Options
    Jane22Jane22 Posts: 10 New Member
    I still have all mine, all stored away from dust and sunlight. It feels fun to get them out, open the boxes and flick through the game manuals once in a while. I have all packs for Sims 1 & 2 but never did for Sims 3, so sometimes I wonder about tracking down second hand copies of the ones I'm missing just to complete the set. I still buy the "code in a box" format for Sims 4 expansion packs because it's exciting to have something to physically open to install a new pack.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    I have all my physical copies of Sims 1 through 3 as well as the manuals as they have the serial numbers on them.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen