Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where to settle in Chestnut Ridge

My supersim will be moving to the world to Chestnut Ridge but I can't decide which lot. So where should she move too?

She will be living there with her boyfriend Kiyoshi, her cat Caramel and at least one horse. Her goal will be to complete the aspirations that come with the pack.

I already had one sim living in New Appaloosa so preferably one of the two other neighbourhoods. Which would you recommend and why?

Where to settle in Chestnut Ridge 29 votes

Galloping Gulch
41%
crocobauraMonaSolstraaleTheSpotted_CFlashMarkerDarkLady2788EnkiSchmidtTTNsimmerhaisinSimmingalSiggDiggitZazzyKittynLeucosiaX 12 votes
Rider's Glen
48%
bshag4lvGalacticGalMichelleWelanorbretonsimgirl1010ladybreidMDianaSimsRedShoe7ZiafarEvilyn_1007SERVERFRASeashoreLiviaFatTribble23skip 14 votes
New Appaloosa
3%
luthienrising 1 vote
Other
6%
BoergeAarg61Caerfinon 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Rider's Glen
    I chose Riders Glen simply because it has the 64x64 lot with plenty of room for farming, ranching, horse training , and gardening.

44EmfGd.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    New Appaloosa
    My Sims live in New Appaloosa. I think I'm remembering the right one :D I like the location is the main thing. Trail riding starting there is great!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Galloping Gulch is stunning to explore
    c496ad6a7801e63bb52e588185efd91e11c0a09e.jpg
    ba5341840c6cc8045984a2195338baecd3eb2cea.jpg
    96f531692a277270fcd6aa1a974ff88ff790d3ac.jpg

But we lived in Chestnut Ridge for two (RL) months, so we were happy to move on to Rider's Glen. It was a bit greener and less depressing.

There are a few awesome places to build a ranch and that lot on the hill is so beautiful.
    7dbf97d77fd6ae1570d40ef8dad0f9e3b1a7b894.jpg

07f62ed1d4b630c2d3efdd3be93c394ab864ac27.jpg

Maybe your Sims can have a few ride outs with camping to Galloping Gulch and live in Rider's Glen?
    426a9ff26d7dd335b5a3f24081c35ad78bc39acf.jpg

5384e495a767db3194348f4ef50045819563b4ff.jpg

New Appaloosa wasn't much appealing for us to live there for longer.
    430d4a5d1b6d051c405efbc78833b56502c6ddca.jpg

420ea88bffb96e104ee3d89028f925ceb98e3058.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Galloping Gulch
    My sim chose Palomino Junction in Galloping Gulch and I have liked it there, but I have to admit I haven't explored the other two neighbourhoods enough, yet.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Rider's Glen
    I, also settled my Sims into the only 64 X 64 lot in and while my ranch layout isn't as profoundly organized and beautiful as @simgirl1010's is. It does allow for much needed space for three horses and seven kids.

KLYsiun.jpg

vYqMj3o.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Galloping Gulch
    It's nice not to have a loading screen between your homelot and Dreadhorse cavern, in case the aspiration or challenge requires reaching a certain level in the cave.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    edited January 30
    Galloping Gulch
    My favorite lot to play was the 50 x 50 in Galloping Glutch. Its a small barn, but I find my sims are a lot more focus in small houses and they have a lot of land to train. Now I have a beautiful Adobe style ranch now, I style I never thought I would love before, but they are living their best life there now. There is land for a prawling one floor house, which I really prefer for infants, they have twins. It's a large enough house and there is still room for gardening, fishing pond. swimmable pon and two stables and room for the goats and sheep and crops. It area has the most sublime breathing views and trails. It's really my favorite.

53497721607_eaf09a40db_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-30 at 3.16.22 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr
    53498908449_82cdc78b42_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-30 at 3.14.20 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr

53499027535_0adc422215_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-30 at 3.16.08 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr

Flickrs literally said "yee haw" when I uploaded these.
    I should become a Sims real estate agent.
    This build I got from the gallery. It's up for a nomination of best builds as well. When I get in the game tonight I will find the creator and post it in that thread.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    That's beautiful @LeucosiaX !
  • Options
    edited January 30
    Galloping Gulch
    That's beautiful @LeucosiaX !

@mightysprite When I was younger we me from California to Nevada to go to Vegas, the scenic route. Detoured through route 66 and Death Valley. I never saw anything so sublime but this reminds me of that. We saw the Grand Canyons on the flight back- That too, also Galloping Gulch reminds of that on Sim's scale.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    Galloping Gulch
    @simgirl1010 I love what you did with Riders Glen. For sure that lot is the world's aspiration. It's really beautiful and the perfect spot for a ranch.

@GalacticGal Great job with your ranch there as well. Three horses and 7 kids, wow. That's a hard game.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Rider's Glen
    I voted Rider's Glen when I meant Galloping Gulch.

But both are really great and have a lot of area to ride. Also if you are worried about space in Galloping Gulch. I felt like neither neighborhood required me to have horse training equipment on my lot as there are plenty scattered around. Just the ball and you are good to go.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Rider's Glen
    @LeucosiaX Thank you. I thrive on a challenge. Besides, by the time baby number seven came along, surprising his parents and much older siblings, the family dynamic was 1 YA; 5 Teens. Then the twins aged up to YA. They aged up in the middle of their second term in university, although they were studying from home. (That's the way to do it, if you can't rotate out.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited January 31
    Rider's Glen
    Thanks @LeucosiaX but I can't take all the credit. I downloaded the ranch from the Gallery and made a few changes.

This is the original.
    ZHKcFlv.png
    z0nkH9B.png
  • Options
    edited January 31
    Galloping Gulch
    Thanks @LeucosiaX but I can't take all the credit. I downloaded the ranch from the Gallery and made a few changes.

This is the original.
    ZHKcFlv.png
    z0nkH9B.png
    Oh that's a very nice ranch. It's has everything, capacity for a lot farm animals as well as a lot of space for them to run around, as well. I really like that! Those paths, ...I always have a difficult time making spray look so realistic. Thanks for sharing @simgirl1010

I always like to customize builds from the gallery to make it feel like my own, as well.
    This is the build I shared on the opposite side of the world for the Palomino Junction lot in Galloping Gulch
    53499337044_a527967275_h.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-30 at 6.36.44 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr

Of course I changed the 2nd room to a 2 infant nursery, added crops to garden area and even made more garden area. I love when I love with my sims, from any lot, to take all their awards and stuff. I was so scared loading this one, I had to gather all the wins from the horses to display in the new gallery space in the open area of the home.

@simgirl1010 incase you didnt notice, I still have not figured out how to used the spoiler feature. I attempted to for the image like you did and I just get crossed out address to the image. I dont get how to remove the address to the image yet.
    Apologies y'all if you didnt want to see it.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited January 31
    Galloping Gulch
    I was gonna say New Appaloosa since I love cozy corner that is close to town

but since you've already been in New Appaloosa I think Palomino Junction in Galloping Gulch is another good little starter house, has space ready for horse and that lot is huge as well if you want to expand as you play :)

moved Ted and Meredith Roswell there myself, they've gone into hiding after the whole strangerville thing :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited January 31
    Thank you all for your great suggestions. Looks like Rider's Glen is slightly in the lead so I went with that. The 64x64 lot is great to have enough room for horses.

I started building just before @LeucosiaX and @simgirl1010 posted their great lots. It might have saved me some time building if I had seen them before I started. They both look great. I will have a look at them later.

Meanwhile I started building my own little ranch. The main building with stables is finished but the lot will come along during gameplay because I will need a greenhouse and a cow/llama shed.
    tFypC52.png
    Callisto with Caramal in front of their new home.
    LBaP5XZ.png
    Some interior views
    FkM5rWr.png

2SRdG5S.png

45lsLq4.png

AQjIyIx.png

@Lenny_Ogg The suggestion to go camping in Galloping Gulch is great. My sims will (hopefully) enjoy that trip. My sims always use tents to go camping, never sleeping bags so that might be interesting. Now I wonder if it often rains in Chestnut Ridge...
    @EnkiSchmidt Thanks for pointing out the dreadhorse cave might be needed for aspirations. I checked and it is not. Otherwise that would have been the decisive factor. It is good to be reminded of them all the same. I totally forgot about that rabbit hole. I will send my sim in a few times.

Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

@Atreya33 in those two months it only rained once - but that was a night to remember.
    695ff0e7cc6f7525aa6f753f9dbfd3cac830e9f1.jpg
    59a5c7fd57a3bfed4ab72b2281efb359ee1baed1.jpg
    c91db9306f1772a603c592c75e4542c2d555885d.jpg
    c21201ed297d22978c2b683f7251cec85b0945a9.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I have a family in the large lot in Galloping Gulch, a single guy and his horse in riders glen, and in town I have a cafe/jail/bank on a 20x20 lot. I love Chestnut Ridge.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I have a family in the large lot in Galloping Gulch, a single guy and his horse in riders glen, and in town I have a cafe/jail/bank on a 20x20 lot. I love Chestnut Ridge.

Th world is beautiful. The sims team is rather good at giving us stunning worlds. They only need to remember to add in enough collectibles. (looking at you San Sequioa) Luckily chestnut ridge has this covered with prairie grass.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Other
    Every unoccupied residental lot with enough beds and bathrooms would do.
  • Options
    edited February 4
    After the first ride on the ranch, I took my sims to explore the rest of the world on horseback.
    D0hDmRo.png

0fsVxb7.png

This was a tricky picture to make and took several attempts.
    At first there seemed to be cyclists in the middle of the desert
    cn1NWaf.png
    Then I wanted to get both sims at the same spot but Callisto went at a faster speed than her fiance for no reason.
    kZfKp6G.png
    Then they both were at the same spot at the same speed... at almost exactly the same spot
    Sd1AyAD.png

Making screenshots with multiple riders seems trickier than I thought.