Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'What's your favourite Gamepack?' Poll on Sims Community! πŸ—³

There's a poll on Sims Community where you can vote for you favourite Gamepack!
And the best thing:
You can vote for your top 3!
Poll is πŸ‘‰ here
sims-4-best-game-packs-2024.jpg
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Some early results.
    Crazy that Simmers love Dream Home Decorator so much o.o

7dc186639ae307d9cdb36a02f5ba4d5c42dfd55b.pnj

8530fb9f1708e2ef37b8cebe70a39e4fe0751ecf.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited January 30
    Parenthood
    Spa Day
    Dine Out.

Had to check our GP thread to make sure I picked the same ones. πŸ˜„

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1012526/game-packs-ranking/p1

Yay. Parenthood is leading.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member

Crazy that Simmers love Dream Home Decorator so much o.o

Yes that is quite surprising considering the main feature of the pack is broken for many people :/
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DHD-Gig-completion-pop-up-not-appearing/td-p/11677317

(there are more me-toos on this bug report than there are votes for DHD in your image lol)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I feel a bit like a traitor, seeing that I have so much fun with Batuu at the moment. But objectively it's really only middling, I'm using a lot of mods to achieve what I want for my save and it's hardly content I use in every save, so I cannot vote for the pack.

(Werewolves, Dine Out and Strangerville for me)
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat for me. I like a mystery story environment with things to look for.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐢Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, πŸ˜‘Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: πŸ€·πŸ»πŸ• Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | πŸ–ΌοΈ Film Noir Wall Decorations | πŸ‘©πŸŽ¨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Parenthood
    Spa Day
    Dine Out.

Same.

@Lenny_Ogg : I admit I love DHD! 😊 DHD is my #4 because of the bb. I know it’s strange that I rank it relatively high just for that, but I like to build and decorate, and I use this bb all the time. I also use some of the cas quite often. Overall, I’m using aspects of this pack almost constantly in my game. I can’t say that for some of my other GPs. I’ve never played the career, though. I’ll probably try it out one day to see whether I actually have the bug. But for now I assume I do, and that’s why it’s my #4 instead of my #2.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 437 Member
    It's always hard for me to name a favorite pack. The packs with the subject matter I find the most appealing, the packs I thought were best executed, the packs whose gameplay I use the most frequently, the packs whose CAS and BB is the most "me," etc., are all different packs.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    The most favorite is RoM, every one of my sims are casters so I play with this pack, a lot.

Next is Spa Day, again, I use this game pack every day...most of the b/b in cas.

Third place is a tie between Jungle Adventure and OR. I love sending my sims to both locations on sightseeing trips and fishing expeditions. B)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    Dream Home Decorator
    Vampires
    Dine Out

lol @simgirl1010 I had to checked my list, as well.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited January 31
    Thats gotta be some site bias cause how is dream home decorator the *best* game pack with so many options that have way more gameplay and way less bugs thats just wild to me

I voted for Vampires, Werewolves and Spa Day

it broke my heart to not vote some others
    (like Strangerville I love Strangerville)

but I also admit to myself that Strangerville, Jungle Adventure or say RoM could have been so much better with some additional things so I don't really put them on same tier no matter how much I love /use them
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Vampires
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Oh my heart, what sorrow, I could only choose three! I had to abandon Jungle Adventure, such cruelty! But I was compelled to vote for the Occult of three; Vampires, Werewolves and Realm of Magic...the Unholy Trinity! πŸ–€

But I'll weep for thee, my second three; Jungle Adventure, Journey to Batuu, and Strangerville...for escapades of thrilling frivolity!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Vampires, Jungle Adventure... and then I was torn between Strangerville and Spa Day. I picked Spa Day this time.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Vampires, Weres & Dine Out!

I agree it's weird to see DHD placing so high. I tried to play it not long ago and it simply didn't work. I guess it's builders voting it.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 31
    - Werewolves
    - Vampires
    - Realm of Magic

Occult love πŸ–€... I still haven't played a spellcaster though. 🫣

James Turner has been doing community polls every year now to see how people rank packs. Dream Home Decorator won #1 for 2023 (& 2022 he says).
    https://youtu.be/TfRIY4BbPVI?t=776&si=5LBhnlU9AY3bmgLHGP @ 12:56
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    Realm of magic, werewolves and jungle adventure. In the other thread these were my top 3 (together with spa day but that's mainly for the yoga and bath soaks)

I am not surprised by parenthood leading. It is not my primary focus but it's a good pack. Dream home decorator in second place feels off. The gameplay is building so I guess this shows many players just want to build.

Journey to batuu is last, no surprise. It got a few votes at least. I enjoyed the pack even if it is not top tier for me.
  • Options
    edited January 31
    @SimplyJen did he say (or has he an idea) why Simmers chose Dream Home Decorator over all other packs?
    This seems so strange to me. Oder did I miss something? I barely ever use something of this pack because the colors/swatches/style of the furniture are so unappealing to me and never match with the other stuff.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Parenthood
    Jungle adventure… Wish sims could live there.
    And Outdoor Retreat.

I also use Spa day a lot, and love the snap together furniture in Dream Home decorator, and had a bit of fun with the career. I love all the CAS and build stuff with wedding stories, cakes and flowers too.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @SimplyJen did he say (or has he an idea) why Simmers chose Dream Home Decorator over all other packs?
    This seems so strange to me. Oder did I miss something? I barely ever use something of this pack because the colors/swatches/style of the furniture are so unappealing to me and never match with the other stuff.

@Lenny_Ogg timestamp 21:05 He goes over it.

There's a few BB & CAS things I like. I've only played the active career once... never again.
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options

@SimplyJen thank you! I made a screenshot from the results of the James Turner Poll from the video linked above.
    This is actually a really good poll because it involves the worlds, gameplay, how many of the voting Simmers actually own the pack, build mode and CAS.

15fa4b8474cd673d74237dca76f14d0f0cf599a6.pnj
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think they are all great depending on your playstyle. It just depends on what you want to do. It's true that they are a pretty good value. If I wasn't sure about the theme then I've waited for a sale because there are always aspects that I appreciate.

I'm honestly someone who plays with Dream Home Decorator sometimes and finds it fun, so I get it. It's gameplay for build mode. Also, it is kind of fun to make decorators and then to be inspired when going around a rotation meeting my different houses. You can turn the houses from bland and generic into customized ones that you like. When I revisit a house where I had a decorator go in, I can always tell. I think most people like the CAS/BB but it's a fun pack. I've been lucky enough that it runs smoothly and I haven't had bugs.

I think it's good that they have options for different themes whether you want to play with families, with supernatural characters, with travel or with other types of added features. I really like having venues to send my sims to like the restaurants, spas and other spaces. Also, I love Tartosa and would just like if I could edit the world a bit more but even so I think it's great. I use it as both a vacation and a residential world.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @LiELF @SimplyJen same! (werewolves first for me)