Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you DON'T want in the game

Comments

• Options
    Iceman_Iceman_ Posts: 21 Member
    Luxury/expensive items. I would prefer more things for the poor. Rags to riches is a very popular theme among Simmers, but there's never content specifically focused on poverty. I guess it's too depressing, especially for the cheerful and positive tone of this game, but usually by the time I can buy all the most expensive items and build a mansion to house them, it's time to play with another household.

Much of the time is spent with cheap furniture (lower bills) in a small house (more efficient) while you improve your economic situation, so I think it would make a bit more sense to have more content focused on that part. Although I doubt they will do that, we will have to continue decorating our poor house with content from other packs (university, horror themes, etc.) that incidentally have some precarious items.

Disheveled clothing. Unless they have a clothing system where you can have those options as an alternative, just put it on properly.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,058 Member
    New worlds: At least not as long as new worlds are so small and useless. We already have 25 worlds in game clogging up the system, most of them entirely useless because they are so small or specific, many of them extremely similar. If new world are added make them big, explorable (not just pretty), unique, lively, customizable.

Venues that are tied to a world: Aka high school. If you give me a new venue, give me control over it. I don't want my Mt Komorebi or Tomarang kids going to Copperdale every day for school. I want school to be where my sims are.

Computer related jobs: Several already mentioned this, and I completely agree. Enough already! Instead, why not let me be a librarian (active in any library), museum curator (active in any museum), nanny (gigs like dream house decorators where you go home to people to take care of people's kids), figure skater (seasons, semi-active), nurse (active in get to work), high school teacher/headmaster (active in high school years)...

preteens: I know many people want this, but personally I could not care less. Now mid-adult, that I would want, mostly to keep the game from generating babies in near elders. I also want more things for each age to do that is age specific.

Useless objects that look useful: Already mentioned but I could not second this more! If you give me something, let me use it or do not give it to me at all. Also make useless objects in game useful by assigning them a purpose. Like they did the shoe rack and vampire radiator in the last patch - well done! More of that.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Any more occults, especially fairies. I know some people want these things, but I would rather not have them in my game.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    1. For a long time now I've been begging for long pants (M and F) only to for the creators to double down on the high waters and wide legged cropped pants. Do we finally have enough high waters and cropped pants in game to move on to long pants? Pretty please? Maybe we could have a plus/minus or ticky box built into the game for the CAS/Build items so you can mark your favorites so they show up at the top of the list and blacklist the stuff you loathe so it stays at the bottom of the list (Yes, I know about MCCC but it's too complicated).
    2. No more IKEA furniture, it is so boring and blah. Plus, it looks uncomfortable and uninviting.

I don't think I need cars, hotels or more life stages. I like occults but I don't know that fairies or zombies would be all that fun or interesting, maybe add baby/mini dragons to pets, that would be fun. I also think we have a lot of food choices now, they need a 'favorites' and 'nope' prioritization in the list just as CAS and build items do. Or really expand likes and dislikes for the sims and the watchers could get the 'favorites' and 'I really hate these pants/hair/food/etc.' markers.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Here's my list:

- I don't want any more "text adventure" rabbit holes. Please stop. I think it's safe to say that most of us would prefer our sims to experience real adventures with real objects and real interactions in a real setting with real sims and real characters. Getting a few of them has been a nice little addition to the game, but now we all worry that these rabbit holes are going to become a trendy replacement substitute for the real thing.

- Speaking of trendy..... I don't need any more trendy fashions, trendy furnishings, trendy name brands, or trendy internet fads (influencers, social media, et al).

- I don't need more cell phone interactions. I know the cell phone is an all-encompassing thing (read: addiction) these days for most people in real life, but sometimes it would be nice if our sims could enjoy interacting with other items in the game, including what's going on in the immediate world around them. Please put down the dang cell phone. Please.

- I don't need any more invasive household chores. Too many things breaking, too many things going up in flames, too many smelly/messy/dirty things accumulating, too many boring chores demanding immediate/constant attention and upkeep. I want my sims to have enough time in their day to enjoy themselves with other things like: hobbies/activities, visiting places, going on adventures, spending quality time with other sims, improving their skills, or advancing their careers/education. "Too much work and not enough play makes sim a dull simmie."

- I don't need any more new death types. There's too many things that can kill off my sims as it is... more death types just means having to add more mods into my game to stop all these death risks from happening. Sometimes it would be nice if my sims could just use an object (telescope, vending machine, murphy bed, etc etc) without having to worry about getting murdered by it all the time. Sure, new death types are fun.... at first. But after 71 DLCs and almost as many new ways for our sims to die, the novelty of said new death types wears off rather quickly. :|

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Acide950Acide950 Posts: 32 Member
    More mobile stuff
    - yes, we do a ton of stuff on our phone in RL, but I don't want to see all my sims be phone addicts. Same with social media.

"trendy" clothes and stuff
    - Would prefer to have clothing styles that won't seem outdated 2 months after getting them. Some of the early "trendy" stuff makes /me/ cringe now. Some more basics wouldn't go amiss. So elders have other options than to wear crop tops and short skirts or that one sweater.

More chores
    - I don't play the Sims to think of laundry and dusting or whatever. I have to do enough of that IRL.

Cars
    - I know some other ppl want them, but unless they have a practical use (not just being a different version of using the "travel" screen) I feel they are completely unneeded. There are decorative cars already.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 10
    To specify: I don't want the following in MY game, just to make clear, that I don't want to get rid of that in everyone's game.

Fires.
    Yes, we already have those in the game, but I really need a toggle for that to turn it off. There are quite a few things not included because they could give Simmers a bad feeling, which is absolutely fine for me, but fires give me a bad feeling because I had to experience that in my childhood and I guess I am not alone with that. So why no option to turn it off?
    I am talking about fires INSIDE a building, not outside. Fire dancing (like in Get Together) and using the barbecue is fine and fun, even if they burn themselves.

Burglars.
    That is not the same with the new option added to the new EP, because in the new EP, WE control the break-in, we are playing the Sim who is entering the house to snoop around. That is funny (but it should have more thrill when doing this, but that's another topic). Burglars like we knew in The Sims 2 came without control. I did not really enjoy that, so if they are implemented, hopefully there'll be an option to turn them off.

Unwanted deaths.
    I just don't want my own Sims to die. Never mind about the ones who are created by the game, they sometimes die because I didn't turn that off in the neighborhood settings. But MY Sims shouldn't die (unless I want them to), neither by the murphy bed, nor by the automats that came with Snowy Escape, and all the other stuff. I turned it off in the settings, but I still think the game can let them die, so I always get a tense moodlet when I let them buy something from the automats in SE... but I really want cemeteries and I want to create one, just for the creepy look and to have a place to bury all the NPC Sims, that died in my game.
    I might change my mind though, if I can really play with ghosts and even have the possibility to bring them to life again easily. Playing a haunted house with my own created ghost Sim? I guess I'll take that. :lol:
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    More suburban American-coded neighborhoods. Please, we have enough.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I don’t want burglars or cars or more drama unless it’s optional. If it’s in a pack that I don’t have to buy, or if I can turn it off in settings, then that’s fine. I also don’t personally need another life stage for kids.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I don't want more chores.
    I don't want zombies.
    I don't care about occults.
    I don't want more drama or negativity in game.

I play this game to escape, I just want a positive place to escape to that is easily controlled.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    1. More Child Life Stages - We've already got 5 compared to the three adults have, and any more would just take more time and money away from developing the ones we already have.

2. Overly Niche Game Play - I'm mainly thinking of High School Years here. Focusing on the American High School Experience cliche rather than giving us the tools to build any kind of school in any world we choose really reduced the usefulness of this EP.

3. Unbalanced Systems - From NAPs to Lifestyles I've had to find mods to balance these things out and make them make sense. Even the emotion system needs tuning to make "fine" the baseline emotion and give more weight to negative emotions.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 23
    Please don't do:

- A world with each pack (stop using Worlds, food, clothing or non interactive objects as gameplay)
    - Fairies
    - More lifestages
    - Rabbit holes (please stop, this has 0 sense)
    - Text adventures (only chance cards like the work/school ones, those are great but need more consecuences)
    - Main story focused packs (Strangerville), make a spin-off instead!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,982 Member
    Another wooden set of bathroom furniture that does not have a matching toilet to go with it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 459 Member
    I honestly just wish they stop with these incomplete bathroom sets and maybe complete more of them.
    I'd like all sets to have a toilet, sink or counter, shower and bathtub.
  • Options
    Clarity88Clarity88 Posts: 11 New Member
    These are things that I know I personally don’t need in my game, but I know many people might feel differently.

1. Cars — I honestly can’t imagine using them, and I’m not sure how it would be different from the current travel menu

2. Trendy teen/influencer stuff — we already have a lot of social media-oriented activities and trendy teen clothes. I’d prefer more clothing options for toddlers and elders, or perhaps more historically-oriented outfits. (The one technology-related thing I honestly wouldn’t mind though is a dating app, but I wouldn’t want it to be as annoying as Social Bunny).

3. More occults — I’m satisfied with the occults we already have. I don’t think I’d buy a pack focusing on zombies or fairies.

4. Small worlds — I love building in and playing new worlds, but it disappoints when there are only a handful of lots in a world. I like new worlds filled with lots or plenty of new areas to explore!
  • Options
    nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 82 Member
    The main thing I don't like seeing in the game is the portrayal of homeless sims. They all have the erratic and hot-headed traits and it offends me a little. I mean, homeless people aren't necessarily just crazy people. I also don't like the strange bears from outdoor retreat. I mean, instead of putting the actual mammals in the game, they instead got NPCs walking around in costumes, scaring sims. And what is the point of the tragic clown?
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Real-life celebrities.
    More careers that are based on using the computer to fulfill tasks.
    Furniture sets, where the colors and wood tones won't match with neither those on the set, nor with anything else in the game.
    Zombies.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 459 Member
    In game shopping carts.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 555 Member
    edited March 6
    The main thing I don't like seeing in the game is the portrayal of homeless sims. They all have the erratic and hot-headed traits and it offends me a little. I mean, homeless people aren't necessarily just crazy people.

@nattygirl13 Are you sure that's not a mod? My not-in-world sims (is that what you mean by homeless?) can have any traits. They don't seem to gravitate towards the challenging ones.

For me: I don't want the worlds re optimized for cars. Too much of a coding lift for not enough game play payout. I don't mind their introducing specific vehicles along with worlds that are optimized for them from the beginning. I also don't want any more life stages. Just stop already.
    Post edited by Eleri on
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    MagicPigeonMagicPigeon Posts: 13 New Member
    I don’t want:
    - New packs that are broken
    - Pulsing shopping cart
    - Recolors of old designs being sold as “new”
    - Copypasted animations
    - Complete disregard of pack integration
    - Basic life features being sold as dlc
    - Kits
    - Decorative buildings that you can’t interact with
    - Collectables with no purpose
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 172 Member
    Rabbitholes praised as Gameplay Features...
  • Options
    I didn't think I needed to state this, but in game shopping carts!
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    edited March 8
    - Cars: basically pointless unless it's a new woohoo/sleep location, and even then it's not worth the time and money
    - Rabbit holes (no problem with them at first but they're making me hate them now)
    - Small, uninteresting worlds full of shell buildings and those pesky rabbit holes (I'm still bitter at For Rent), with apparently no collectibles spawn points (we JUST had a crystals pack and they apparently weren't added to new worlds??)
    - Trendy clothes that will age badly in no time (this game is 10 years old ffs!!)
    - More (redundant) social media options that reflect the current digital dystopia we're living in
    - Unswimmable water bodies (still waiting for the old worlds to be updated. wdym I can't swim on Selvadorada?!)
    - Clothes that DON'T actually work on both frames. the gender update was in 2016, why newer clothing still distorts sim's bodies? specially for male frame sims. why do they get breasts when using most "female" clohing??
    - Masculine sims having half as much clothing items than female sims (the previous point only makes it worse since some "female" clothing look unisex but give them breasts)
    - Intrusive UI additions to urge us to BUY BUY BUY the packs when the reason I don't buy more stuff is because the packs are broken and lackluster. And also the prices EA imposed in the brazilian store. they keep randomly increasing prices without reason or notice since C&D released. prices more than doubled now, compared to 2014-2016. I can't even get the old prices on the best sales.
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    ArtiArti Posts: 1 New Member
    It's very annoing that after the last update travelling to an another world by a Sim is no longer possible
  • Options
    @Emmy_Sims I agree with the lack of unisex clothing, I kind of like the options of using it on whatever I want. I also agree on the unswimmable waters, although in Selvadorada they at least explain it with "crocodiles will eat you" if you swim here. Sort of makes sense and I can understand why you can't swim in big cities (too much pollution) but why in the world can I not swim in Brindleton Bay, Windenburg or Willow Creek?

@arti I think that is a bug and should be reported. My sims has travelled to other worlds several times after the update.