Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Goth Galore & Castle Estate Kits

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,103 Member
    I was all excited to buy them but I can't because I'm on a mac :/
    I'll add my info to AHQ and I see that it's being looked into already
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    :warning: Gothic Galore bug report:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GGK-Hoodie-Makes-Sim-s-Eyes-Bigger/td-p/13412469

Using the hooded top on females makes eyes widen.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,166 Member
    :joy: Idk which kit I want first anymore so not buying either yet

the thing is I want to rebuild my Medieval Castle in Windenburg and maybe build fancy estate in Henford

but also now that I see the swatches in Goth kit I do have quite many households that could use some of that and in fact I am going to be playing some of those households soon so hmnn
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Perti23Perti23 Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 19
    @EA_Cade

I did not but after I restarted my PC, everything showed up normally :)
    Post edited by Perti23 on
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,517 Member
    I shall have to make an official request for medieval ARROW arrow slits. Fortress-style, not fancy-style. Hopefully we'll get one or two in a future pack or with an SDX drop.

That sounds like a good plan.

Asking because I don't actually know, is there an actual mechanism to do that? Make official requests or provide direct feedback, I mean.

Hey @luciusstorm, making requests on this forum is as official as it gets me thinks.

You will find the "Feedback" category under "Categories" (see at the top-left of this page). There are two child categories under feedback: Sims 4 Feedback & Ideas Corner. That's where the community shares their ideas and some of these ideas do make it in the game! I've seen it happen with my own peepers.

Lots of folks use other social media to get their voices heard. I personally stick to the forum's cosy little ideas corner. They serve tea and cake over there, sometimes.

If you really want something, the key is to remain consitent, use images and be a bit louder than usual. Some would say 'don't be afraid to be a tad annoying', I would never say or do that, ever, but it does seems to work in many cases. 😅

• Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,437 Member
    So I went ahead and picked up both kits. For the Goth kit, I love the jackets and the boots. I do wish there were more to the kit. I think I will use a lot of the pieces even though I don't really have goths in my game. I wish we had gotten hair instead of make up and accessories. Except the gloves. Love the gloves.

I also really like the castle kit. Maybe someday we can get some interior bits that would be more fitting for the design. That would make me happy.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    Maxis upload.

TGPYmMH.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,023 Member
    Well, I watched some video’s on the kits. The castle kit looks much more appealing than I thought it would with all the wall colors and things they have. And the goth kit I think will be cute for my teens.

But I still think I’m going to wait till the dev’s get the residential rental lot fixed where it can be changed back into residential or other lot before I pick up the kits. I like both of the kits though.

I’m still hoping we get as Medieval expansion sometime with proper furnishings for a castle and peasant houses. New activities like archery, pottery making and basket weaving, and a nice, large medieval town. Maybe with a pig thrown in, wheat, and a mill would be nice too.

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited January 21
    You know what @CAPTAIN_NXR7 that is a very glaring oversight considering they advertised arrow slits.
    Those windows just can't be what they mean by arrow slits. The shape is wrong.

Maybe this will become one of those moments like with the Industrial kit, where they showed a window in the promo art that wasn't included in the kit, and people made such a stink that they had to make the window and add it in later?

@mightysprite @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I think once the game has made the opening, cc creators can go in there and make the arrow slit custom content- I hope fingers crossed, or even better like @mightysprite it is delivered as a official refresh, like the missing window from the industrial loft kit.
    If you need it for you build and you don't mind cc, I found Syboulette has one. I havent tried it in game, but I am about to for my castle residence renovations coming up.
    Here's the link
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-objects-buildmode-windows/title/medieval-stone-arrow-window/id/1639243/

she also has a functioning spiral stair for castles.

https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4/id/1639252/
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    edited January 21
    Sigh, I'm such a geek, I'm taking this castle kit very seriously.
    So I have two burning questions and I was hoping that perhaps @EA_Cade or anyone else with castle kit-insight could cast some extra light on this?

1. The (missing?) arrow slits.

Below is a screenshot of the visual catalogue plus the last segment of the kit description as seen on the Sims4 blog.
    CASTLE-ESTATE-BLOG.png

Blog description, see bolded crimson:

“Your manor is also sure to be the most magnificent with gorgeous stonework and large portcullis gates that encompass the property. Relax in your lavish fortress surrounded by parapet fences, colorful stained glass, SLIM ARROW SLITS and even llama gargoyles.”

HOWEVER...according to the visual catalogue there are no arrow slits.
    This is what I expect to see:

Not just arrow slits, SLIM arrow slits:

AS-02.jpg
    AS-01.jpg
    AS-03.jpg

The only reason I mention this is because the item is advertised on the official Sims 4 blog. Is this an oversight or am I missing something?
    For example, If that window on row 2/ 6th from the left is supposed to be one of the notorious "slim arrow slits" does it have a swatch without the ornate window details -no glass, just open? I'm a confused man indeed.

2. Curved Wall support.

Will there be curved wall support for all available Castle Estate Kit windows? I have my concerns about this since the promotional screenshots depict castles with round towers that have no windows (or arrowslits) whatsoever... which seems a tad odd in my opinion. This is a castle kit after all.

Right, that's all, that's what's keeping me awake at the moment (and so much more but I will spare everyone the details).

I have had so many wonky issues building with round walls, @CAPTAIN_NXR7 too.
    I want renovate the Ruins as a castle for tourist to visit, I really want to use round walls. I'm not looking forward to the technical issues.

I really wanted flying b*ttresses in the game. It's thee biggest feature of medieval architecture. I hope they make a past and future time travel pack that includes that build object. I guess you can kind of build it now, but - it's not exactly it.

53477609556_b1eb07496d_z.jpgal-15-1-thm by leucosia x, on Flickr

53477608916_c0875f0226_b.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-21 at 7.09.39 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    While waiting for an official fix from the Sims team you may be interested in this mod that fixes the eye issue when wearing the Goth Galore hoodie.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/goth-hoodie-f-96792158
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,045 Member
    Voted for both, actually got both. Having great fun with the castle kit. The promo says 'castles', but this will work for any kind of building of the era. Both kits could have used more items on the line of predecessors, but am grateful for what we got.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    Maxis upload.

TGPYmMH.png

Thanks for sharing. I was hoping they would share the castles in the previous picture of the kit but this seems to be a different one.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 484 Member
    Both should have been stuff packs honestly, why do they keep putting all the good ideas in DLC too small for it? Like reducing magic realm and vampires to a mere gamepack instead of a full expansion, yet making eco things and for rent full expansions while it's more a stuff pack thing?

Goth pack I did get, it has some alright items, I do like they are creative with some swatches that put shirts under a top and such, but most colour options that aren't black are pretty terrible. Maybe that's just contemporary goth clothes being awful, continuing the habit of throwing in a lot of quickly dated fashions into the game instead of more timeless clothing.
    I really expected more accessories like necklaces, rings, earrings, hats, leggings... also hairstyles and tattoos. We really need some more darker themed tattoos since most in the game are pretty lame.

Castle pack I won't bother with. I like castles, but this is too slim pickings and should have been at least a stuff pack. To include matching furniture, decorative armour, maybe a functional draw bridge, spiral staircases are a must, beds, a primitive toilet, closets, tables, chairs, a throne, a medieval kitchen, etc.
    Could have some fitting clothing along with it, mainly in sleepwear and formal wear, maybe a nice fur coat for outdoors too.
    Plenty of decorations like flags, tapestries, mounted swords and shields, banners, etc.

With such a small pack, why even bother? Do it proper or not at all.

• Options
    edited January 22
    rhalius wrote: »
    Both should have been stuff packs honestly, why do they keep putting all the good ideas in DLC too small for it? Like reducing magic realm and vampires to a mere gamepack instead of a full expansion, yet making eco things and for rent full expansions while it's more a stuff pack thing?

Goth pack I did get, it has some alright items, I do like they are creative with some swatches that put shirts under a top and such, but most colour options that aren't black are pretty terrible. Maybe that's just contemporary goth clothes being awful, continuing the habit of throwing in a lot of quickly dated fashions into the game instead of more timeless clothing.
    I really expected more accessories like necklaces, rings, earrings, hats, leggings... also hairstyles and tattoos. We really need some more darker themed tattoos since most in the game are pretty lame.

Castle pack I won't bother with. I like castles, but this is too slim pickings and should have been at least a stuff pack. To include matching furniture, decorative armour, maybe a functional draw bridge, spiral staircases are a must, beds, a primitive toilet, closets, tables, chairs, a throne, a medieval kitchen, etc.
    Could have some fitting clothing along with it, mainly in sleepwear and formal wear, maybe a nice fur coat for outdoors too.
    Plenty of decorations like flags, tapestries, mounted swords and shields, banners, etc.

With such a small pack, why even bother? Do it proper or not at all.

Goth pack as a stuff pack would have been rad. Maybe add goth festivals as an event where everyone shows up in goth gear. lol. could you image the townies dressed goth?

I definitely think Goth has come a long way and there are a myriad of goth categories to choose from. Over the years I was retired from the goth nightlife and returned to the online goth scene, I am impressed with the new variations like kawaii goth and pastel goths. There are so many more though. I think it would be so cute to explore these styles in future packs.

Castle kit is kind of perfect. With these key few pieces, anyone can make a perfectly looking castle, no strong building skills required. I feel like we need more build architecture kits in the game because the maps start to look all the same, as I feel we don't have enough.

Yes, I we need more historical interiors and clothing, but we have some official and their are a lot of custom content filling the void. I am totally on board for an expansion pack of time travel, with more of official build buy and create a sim catalog. Also worlds that are big with a lot of lots so I don't have to rearrange worlds when the next eps come out. I like big community lots, and would one big residence for every world. Right now I am really trying hard to find where to place the new castle and it's sad relocating sims and giving up my biggest farm.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited January 23
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Goth is about what I was expecting based on the concept art at the vote. Was I hoping for a little more variety? sure, but I think I'd actually rather have an at least semi solid single style than a few bits of several. If only because mixing and matching can at times be a pain.

Don't regret my vote for it for a moment.

The castle kit is another where I was hoping for some interior options, but I'll take a solid exterior. I can scavenge from Get together for a lot of interiors anyway.

I myself think a SP with a Medieval theme in mind would been better as it may offer more choices than a kit. :) Expanding on my post I will not be surprised to see EA/Maxis do this.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    In the end, I changed my mind and ended up getting both. Then, I dressed up Jeb Harris as a goth and sent him to high school. He is rebelling against his family so he switched from wearing paper bags to being a goth. Not everything in the kit is for me but I ended up liking some of the pieces. I also decided that I can make some different characters with it. I combined it with Basement Treasures so I will add some suburban basements that can be places for goth teens and YAs.

I also have a family of Goths who are cousins of the originals. They only wear black so they will get some new options for clothes. I've been planning to play with Penny Pizazz sometime and I'll probably give her a goth side too.

I haven't used the castle kit but I will build with it at some point. It does ask for medieval clothes and furniture.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Oh…..
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    I have been building with this kit and really enjoy it so far. I like the cohesive color pattern and style. The fact that we can stack the window, they almost feel modular, is awesome. The battlements with match freeze underneath are great to give a medieval feel. I do wish we would have gotten the mossy wall texture in grey as well, it is only available in the yellowish stone.

Two things I wish were done differently
    - lamps/candles . I know a kit is too small for furniture and build items but this kit could have done with a chandelier with candles. We have so great ones with other DLC but none in the base game. The premade room that comes with this pack shows this painfully by using base game ceiling lamps that doesn't suit the room. And a wall mounted candle would be useful too.
    - arrow slits : The small decorative gothic window which we got is not the same as a functional glass less opening that serves a military defence purpose. I don't mind that there are no arrow slits but they should not be mentioned in the description if they are not in the pack. This feels like a way to make the description sound more exciting but it is not correct.

I will have a lot of fun building with this kit for many hours in game.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,166 Member
    edited January 24
    I think what we need for castle lamps is wall torches we don't really have anything like that
    like theres couple big standing torch kind of things in GF and IL and I suppose magical lamp in Realm of Magic is kinda like torch but thats pretty much it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free