Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Each video things just look better and better really liking the look of the characters more now besides the eyebrows the character Prince they made looked more finished than they usual do. The customization is crazy like being able to change the shade of the glasses and resizing windows. Also really like seeing the world come alive in this video a hostess was actually working at the restaurant this is what I wanted to see retail/business game play glad to see they are finally getting to this stage of development.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    that wedding venue is gorgeous omg! The game is definitely receiving visual improvements.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Not sure if anyone else mentioned this here, yet. But it looks like they sneakily added spiral staircases to the base game!!! I'm not really a builder myself, but even this has me super excited. The game just keeps getting better and better.

bn21abcmtycb.png

• Options
    I know right Rod is just casually like "there's the spiral staircase" legend he knows what we want and won't make us wait 10+ years to get it. So much faith in this game with his leadership 72 more days to early access can't wait this game is going to be great.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I love how The Sims has its own universal language that doesn't have to be typed in all the time that they're fully capable to speak autonomously. I don't think that will change with The Sims 5 (Rene).
    I love The Sims! The Sims wins!
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    I love how The Sims has its own universal language that doesn't have to be typed in all the time that they're fully capable to speak autonomously. I don't think that will change with The Sims 5 (Rene).
    I love The Sims! The Sims wins!
    If you look during 0:32 in the video there is an option to pick your character voice. This game is still in early development people are assuming a lot like there will be no spoken word when we can already see from options they added in character creator that "voice" is there so we will be able to hear the characters and read text to see what they are actually talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCtj7Wj3ZJ0
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    An interesting summary of where we are to date. As he admitted, there is still a long way to go. Still have the feeling that the little people are the weak link in the chain. They still look like the stuff of nightmares and animations still look mechanical. The various environmental elements look very good.
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 56 Member
    An interesting summary of where we are to date. As he admitted, there is still a long way to go. Still have the feeling that the little people are the weak link in the chain. They still look like the stuff of nightmares and animations still look mechanical. The various environmental elements look very good.

They're working on mechanics first and looks second. having perfectly animated people means nothing if the cars still can't path properly
  • Options
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,402 Member
    edited January 4
    "In 2024, life by you is one of many sims games in development- joining inzoi, paralives and sims 5/ project Renee. The problem? the upcoming simulation game from paradox hits early access release in march- and there are many complaints about the graphics of both the world and the character creator/ humans.

Will these complaints cause more comparisons between life by you vs sims vs paralives vs inzoi- and will they overshadow the open world, building customization, modding and more? Here's how life by you development is responding- and some of the community's honest opinions and reactions."

https://youtu.be/BQZBsYim_c0?si=Y7d5ovagZTew1GEU

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited January 5
    I would rather have gameplay be the core pull of any life simulation game over high definition graphics.

I find I have more fun with older PC games in general than the newer ones. I don’t know what’s changed. Even though earlier games were blocky they had charm and were innovative. (Not just Sims games).

So far, out of the current proposed life simulation games Paralives appeals the most. The cosy vibe, I think the town will be very appealing and like a coastal place. The townies, such as Sebastian have stories to get into. Plus I can’t wait to move into the lighthouse lot! 😊

Life By You has the open world and customisation options but what really can you do? I haven’t seen a feature yet that doesn’t remind me of Sims 3. I’m not sure if I would get this now even early access. The tourists system needs more explanation. Managing population without mods would be a major tick mark for me.

Inzoi is concerning because at base, there is a cat whose staring at you in CAS but is also your boss. Although it’s wacky and works as a novel idea, I can’t see myself playing for months or years on end, achieving goals all to appease a cat. 😂
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Where is the ability to tell stories? Are any of them more than the daily grind of 9-5? Is there anything unpredictable/course-changing? Silly/goofy? Are there mysteries to solve or unknown to explore? Am failing to find any excitement over any of them, regardless of maker.
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 56 Member
    The sims 4 has very few of those with significant lore as well. And it's just a unreleased beta, they're not going to be making secrets yet before they get the base game functional
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    It's supposed to go into Early Access in 3 months. So far, I haven't seen enough for me to be interested in trying said Early Access, though I'll still keep an eye on development. What I'm seeing is that I can do a lot of work to set up my own stories... as long as they're essentially Slice of Life Dramadies with No Antagonist...which I can already do in the Sims with less setup, not having to pause and edit/rewrite scripts on the fly (the other advantage of Similish/Paraspeak besides ease of localization), and an art style I like better. As well as 2 hidden lots and some less mundane jobs, even if they are rabbit holes. And the occasional Curve Ball into relationships.

Add in expansions, and I actually have some other story options as well, which is good because Life Dramadies with No Antagonist aren't the sorts of stories I'm really interested in playing out. They may be shallow as a sidewalk puddle, but at least in the Sims I have jungles to explore, crimes to solve, oceans to save, and things to discover. (not to mention Occult options, but I won't hold that against LBY even if Paradox does own World of Darkness.)

I'm willing to give the game time to develop these things, but they haven't showcased enough of this in the default game (without my having to create them) to get me to invest in Early Access.
  • Options
    They did a good job of capturing the sounds of nature birds chirping bees buzzing running water at least with sound it feels alive now they need to animate a few of those items to make is visually alive. Early access can't come soon enough.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/4dFIRk0ts5w
  • Options
    edited January 12
    Banking system? That's a big plus. Mods for the Sims 2 like Monique's Hacked Computer have been welcome additions.

urpr37kg1xdk.png

Interesting that you can use the phone to add interactions to go to any venue on the list OR you can go to map view and direct your human that way. I don't think the Sims 3 had a way to see all your town venues/community lots in a list.

e0xndd6vm8bd.png

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    pretty awesome B)
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    The style look decent now.
  • Options
    This game is going to be so good I'm really liking the business system the hotel had so many career choices cleaner-receptionist-bartender-message therapist-hotel manager so many different career options just for one business type and I'm free to choose all who work those positions with my own characters game play I have only dreamed of for years.

The news of driveways coming early access I truly thought we would be forced to park cars on the road this gives me hope they are planning ahead for future packs and home features down the road like garages.

• Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I'm so ready for this game to release at this point. I want clothing stores and clothes that cost money, more ingredients for food that doesn't require me to purchase DLC to get that option, grocery stores, functional purses and back packs, open worlds, and most important (to me), the ability to micro and macro manage a world by setting up parameters once and then being able to watch things play out with very little input from me.
  • Options
    Deviant behavior and supernaturals now coming to Life by You base game they just opened up the game to so many more play styles. As long as they make it totally possible to not have any supernatural forced in your game I'm happy.
  • Options
    edited January 19
    I'm glad they are adding consequences. But I hope they don't lean into the exclusive support of "storytelling players." When I heard that, it reads:
    "we let you do whatever you want to fulfill the story you want. You can marry anyone in a day. Characters with opposing personalities can be forced to get along so that you make your story come true."

I still feel Sims 2 was the best game in that sim reactions and consequences added surprise and intrigue.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Deviant behavior and supernaturals now coming to Life by You base game they just opened up the game to so many more play styles. As long as they make it totally possible to not have any supernatural forced in your game I'm happy.
    Yay! That's good news .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top