May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Want Official Height Presets?

crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
edited December 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was thinking today how cool it would be if they added some official height presets. Nothing too extreme just 3 presets short, medium(Default Now), and tall. I was thinking it could also work with genetics, giving their offspring a chance to be taller when aging up to a young adult. I thought maybe it should be when they're teens, but I thought it would be nice if the teen were automatically the shortest preset and the game can decide whether they stay that height or get taller when aging to young adult. Of course, going into change sim you can change it to whatever you want.
What are your guy's thoughts?

Would You Want Official Height Presets? 40 votes

Yes
57% 23 votes
Maybe
30% 12 votes
No
12% 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    A side note I think there should be an option in the game settings to keep the teens the same as now/height preset genetics off if that's what you'd like. I know some simmers don't want their teen heights to change. I feel like the more options the better, so everyone can be happy.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,480 Member
    Would be nice to have sims of varying heights, but I feel like that would be a lot of effort for very little additional meaningful gameplay. I'd rather we get real tigers and pet birds and a working pirate ship and mirrors that can be moved up and down the wall.
  • Options
    Ammonsalmon_4Ammonsalmon_4 Posts: 3 New Member
    I love the idea of having “height” as a genetic trait and being able to set that in CAS.
    If they added presets I would appreciate it fully, but I feel like a slider would add for detail.
    If height is genetic, and with a slider, I see more ways it can add character to Sims.

I see the offspring of two sims having their parent's median height. So if the dad is tall, and the mom is short, the child's height will be right in between.

There could be an option of one parent's height being recessive, and the other dominant. So if the mom's height is a dominant gene, the child will get a similar height to their mom's.

Maybe there could be a percentage of chance added since not everyone ends up as tall as their parents passed down dominant genes. For example, I'm 6 foot 3 inches, and my brother is around 5 and a half feet. My mom is small, my dad is large.

So maybe there's a set/random chance a kid will be their dad's height, even though their mom has the dominant gene.

Even if we did get presets though, it would be amazing and help add so much character to our sims!
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,108 Member
    Not sure I would care one way or another, but huzzah for more options!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,063 Member
    edited December 2023
    As much as I'd like to have the option
    especially for teens to be shorter than YA which would make them easier to tell apart

I don't think its possible this far in the game

yeah we got toddlers and infants
    but also they didn't need to adjust literally every asset and animation in the game for them so :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,362 Member
    I always smile when I find poses that reflect the height difference of my main couple, but the task of deciding how tall exactly all my 200 and something sims are feels daunting. So a tentative yes-maybe?

I once was afraid that shorter teens would mean they'd need their own CAS and could no longer share with adults and elders, but I'm using a shorter teens preset for young teens to differentiate them from the older ones (older teens date, drive and drink juice in my world, younger teens don't) and the CAS items works perfectly on them. What I noticed is that the shorter teens come with some animation issues that I can easily overlook, but that EA would probably be unwilling to have in their official product.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    Iceman_Iceman_ Posts: 21 Member
    I once read that their explanation for unifying the height of all those age groups was that it simplified the work and thus they could make more animations, especially those that involve interaction between two sims of different ages. That would be acceptable if The Sims 4 was the game with the most animations in the series, but the reality is that they are very limited, and it tries to hide it with dozens of options that are actually the same dialogue interaction. The Sims 3 had many more interactions, and I don't recall ever feeling that some were missing when interacting with sims of different ages.

I doubt that at this point they will add this feature, but I think they could take advantage of that and give us the whole range of animations from previous games and more. The truth feels like a budget cut that took away something in exchange for nothing.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,561 Member
    no for the simple reason that i play with aging fully turn off in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,478 Member
    No cause it would mess up the kissing animations.
  • Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 128 Member
    I would pay for Giant Women, it might be my fetish speaking but Abnormally Tall Women are pretty Hot in my Opinion.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    No cause it would mess up the kissing animations.
    It would not be that bad just need to add kissing hugging animations for each combo tall-average, tall-short, average-short when they are the same height they work with sliders already.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"