Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want in Sims 5

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited August 2023
    Basically, Sims 3, with some of the highlights of Sims 2 (hobbies were cool, interests, stores, fears).

Broadly: Nraas style traveler, where any town can be a vacation world. Large sized open worlds, not like 12 lots. An actual normal amount (5 or so) of traits at the start (If I want my Sim to be a veggie, that is NOT a personality. Grilled cheese is also not a personality). And traits should have meaning, like in Sims 3, not the bare bones Sims 4 traits. Proper, non-ugly skin tones and hair styles. Ditch the emotions/moods/auras. Sims 2 & 3 had good emotion systems without calling it that. No more "oooh, sims are so weeeird" additions (does anyone actually use the various walks?). Color wheels! Apartments. Seasons in the base game or very soon after. Reputation system (toggleable). Story progression (toggleable). Settings to play rotational or not. No more tiny packs for every 🐸🐸🐸🐸 change (Pets vs the 3 (!) packs required to have even some of the pets in Sims 4). No subscription, jeez, this isn't ESO. Bring back the store vs packs so we can buy one outfit. And obviously, the game actually working (Sims do as they're directed instead of noodling all day, not taking 5 hours to eat, etc)

Maybe very specific to my playstyle, but still important: Not just west coast US based towns and plenty of cities. Some adventure expansions (WA/IP/ITF) because I love those. Clothes and hair that's not just focused on young people/the current year.

Example of great gameplay: My young adult moved out of her parent's apartment across town, taking the family dog with her. One morning, the dog went outside and was gone for a while. When I checked on the dog, she was in the park, playing fetch with my sim's mom. THIS is the kind of thing I want. Real relationships that last, small details, actual personalities.

I know, I'm asking too much!
    Post edited by Charlottekn on
  • Options
    SkullloverSkulllover Posts: 110 Member
    I'm going to keep this realistic as I can.

At the very least, an open neighborhood (I can understand not doing a whole open world, but open neighborhood seems possible. No rabitholes, seasons, university, and pets all in the base game. These came out 3 times already, more depending how you count 4's pets expansions, they have no right to be expansion packs anymore.

Better genetics: I want to be able to have recessive and dominant genese back, and I also want unnatrual hair colors aviable for all, and to choose of its dyed or not. That way our sims with unique hair can pass it down. I would like to do the same for eyes, but instead of dyed it would be contacts or no contacts.

I want a height slider and that genetic too. It is a subtle improvement, but one I wish was in the game already.

Nose rings, lip rings, tattoos and those kind of jewelry in base game. Memories would be cool. I want individual bios back. I also would like a skill journal and opportunities back from Sims 3. They add ideas and unpredictability to the game.

I also want an ability to create our own worlds in game. Sims 2 style would pobably be best with being able to pick a map, and place lots as you please. No need for the road restrictions. I would like to keep sims 4 way of playing a world in a save, maybe just with townies sticking to that world unless they have a reason to go to any world.

I also want to keep Sims 4 way of moving, take how much money you wish and leave. And I want better ghosts, not scarier, though that is welcome. Just don't break everything.

And I want to see what the sims team can do with emotions. I feel like they can do so much better with some time.

And I would like lore too. I personally would like to see what the future of Sims 2 sims looks like. I don't know how the lore would work though, will they go sims 2 or sims 4 storyline if they implempted it? I don't think an option of pick one at the start and have a storyline in that version is realistic.

And last of all, Sims 5 must choose what it wants to be. Sims 4 tries to be both for legacy and rotational players, making it bad for either. You can't please everyone, so you have to pick an audience.

• Options
    VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    - clothes and hair with movement.
    - graphics that mark a before and after in the Sims saga (as it always did).
    - Better NPC system (do not generate horrible NPCs in industrial quantities)
    - more customization when it comes to game play, which adapts to the tastes of everyone, not just a handful.
    - Supermarkets
    - Smarter Sims.....Ok... I think I've already gone too far xD
    - More unique traits
    - Unique weddings (not a spam of romantic interactions)
    - MORE ROMANCE

Well, many more things, I think dreaming is free... so that's why I asked for things that were a little... impossible.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Said it before:I want Sims 2, but with Sims 3 open world.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Said it before:I want Sims 2, but with Sims 3 open world.

Same, but I wouldn't mind it having The Sims 4 Art Style, but with more detailed textures and meshes.
    Also, those meshes don't need to be so thick as in The Sims 4. Contrast thickness with thinness.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    I DON'T want Store content.
    Sorry, typo. I meant kits.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    From their first post in this forum: (We understand that you may have ideas related to Project Rene content, features, and improvements. The Sims team cannot use your unsolicited ideas and we have to delete them so please do not submit your ideas to us.)

So, apparently, they don't want to know what we want.
  • Options
    passionfruitpassionfruit Posts: 180 Member
    What I'd like to see in TS5:
    Open worlds and neighborhoods
    Plastic surgery
    TS4 graphics
    Airport/international travel
    Reliable Support
    Shopping Malls
    Cozy/wild modes
    Clubbing
    Mini-games for certain tasks (Ex: watching TV)
    Coffee shops/boba places
  • Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 125 Member
    I want enough Occult content to Rival Sims 3, maybe even Surpass it in that very regard, it's the very thing that Sims 4 been failing to do.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    I want enough Occult content to Rival Sims 3, maybe even Surpass it in that very regard, it's the very thing that Sims 4 been failing to do.

I both agree and disagree with you. I feel that the vampires and witches themselves are far better than they were in the Occults expansion of Sims 3 where they were all shoehorned in together and given far too little individual attention. But the world we got for the Occults was amazing and nothing Sims 4 has done has come close to it. Of course, that's true of Sims 4 in general. We got somewhat better Sims at the expense of the open world and I don't feel that the trade off was worth it. I'm not sure how the werewolves and the mermaids of Sims4 stack up against the ones of Sims3 as I've not really delved into any play with them yet. And I kind of don't think we're ever getting genies or fairies again which is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 shame.

So it'll be interesting to me to see how Sims5 (whatever they decide to call it) will handle this. I want better Sims (both visually and personality/ability/etc) AND the return of the open world with the worlds large and open and detailed like they were in Sims3. Because 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but I miss building nightclubs...and graveyards! LOL

Mostly I'm really hoping they don't pat themselves on the back for finally letting those that want to to be able to play with their friends... while ignoring the 2 huge glaring problems in 3 & 4.
  • Options
    trastelltrastell Posts: 72 Member
    I'd love to have:
    - More options to do things together. Walk the dog together, go for a walk together, jog together. The way it works in San Sequoia where you can click on the signs and walk, power walk, or jog as a group, but everywhere.
    - Hiking and/or reflective walks available everywhere
    - Sims able to purchase upgraded objects or hire a handy person to upgrade objects - without having to max handiness or get "the knack" trait
    - Ability to ask another sim if they are married or single without it counting as a romantic interaction
    - "Busybody" trait where a sim gets wants and satisfaction from watching other sims or being intrusive, and then gossiping about it
    - In build/buy for there to be more comprehensive window and door sets - or at least the ability to resize doors and windows
    - More sizes when resizing - especially rugs - they are either tiny or humongous and it drives me bananas so I end up using the same rugs over and over again
    - Height options in CAS
    - More travel oriented game play, lots, worlds - I'd love to be able to rent an apartment in San Myshuno like an Airbnb and have my sims vacation there and do city trip activities - see a show, go on a tour of something, buy souvenirs. Have pickpockets.
    - Sims that travel for work
    - Mini aspirations with tasks and mini goals to accomplish - go on a vacation and have a wish list of things the sim wants to do while they are there, or go on a work trip and have certain thing to accomplish. I'm picturing it as being in the career panel or subset in the inspiration panel
    - More sports and physical activity - tennis, ballet barre, karate, surfing, paddle boarding, boxing/wrestling with other sims, bring back golf and billiards
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    What I certainly don't want is an online Cloud like OneDrive messing up all my saves. By the time Sims 5 comes out I hope EA will give me the option to save my 'saves' where I please and not where they and Microsoft or Mac please. :s
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    Wants & Fears with a decaying aspiration meter to keep the day-to-day gameplay exciting and wants-driven. The dopamine hits when the wants are fulfilled with the little chime sound effect and then the slot machine sound effect plays with the new wants being rolled.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Wants & Fears with a decaying aspiration meter to keep the day-to-day gameplay exciting and wants-driven. The dopamine hits when the wants are fulfilled with the little chime sound effect and then the slot machine sound effect plays with the new wants being rolled.

question why do you went so much the game to be like previous games when it can be diffrent with novelty never before seen content not all players plays the same and as a player i mostly do not use the went and fear feature the only way i would not mind such a feature as a player is if they include toggles to turn off the feature in game option?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Actually there's not going to be a Sims 5.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Without relitigating this again, it's just semantics. In their (Sims Team's) words, it's the "next generation." That's all it means.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    question why do you went so much the game to be like previous games when it can be diffrent with novelty never before seen conten

Because I don't trust the Sims Team with novelty and innovation* - more often than not, things are worse off than how they were before.

I would trust a literal copy and pasting of beloved features and gameplay systems in a supported, modern game running on current computers with today's graphics. It's simple, really.

*with respect to Live Mode gameplay
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
  • Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 125 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Without relitigating this again, it's just semantics. In their (Sims Team's) words, it's the "next generation." That's all it means.

Yeah, it's not Sims 5 but also in a way it is Sims 5, it's weird since Rene is just Sims 5 in all but name pretty much, Project Rene is like making Dragon Age 3 and calling it Inquisition instead, everyone knows it's the 3rd game despite there not being a 3 on it anywhere.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,854 Member
    I would love to have the option to scale how fast time moves in game. TS4 moves too fast for my taste. TS3 did as well but not as noticeably as it does in 4. If I could I would have a sim minute last 4 or 5 times as long as it does now. More even. I don't want a 1:1 scale, but I would prefer that a sim minute took more than a real world second. Minor things like meals take up a big chunk of a sim day which is why I find myself cheating needs to allow my sims more time for other activities. I don't want to have them inhale their meals to free up more time. For my play style I would love a sim minute to last around 4-5 seconds. In some cases as long as 10 seconds.
  • Options
    ozza1011ozza1011 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd love to see a detailed policing Sims game come out 🙌
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I'd like to see the generations progress through the ages.

When I started playing the Sims 2, and realised there was a story feature, I thought to give my sims a backstory, about how they got there in their town. And then when the whole generation thing gelled with me I thought, including from 'The Olden Days'!
    So then I scrapped that game and started fresh with a family dressed as close as I could without yet realising I could customise them, to pioneers ... the next generation jumped way ahead to 20's .. ish, then the 50s etc because that's what the game had

But the problem was the rest of the town were all in current styles, and technology. So then my story was that they arrived from pioneer days in a sci-fi way and stuck to their styles in their social bubble, making light and fun of their curiosity and contrast with the neighbours/townies' dress, adoption and adaptation to the technology ...
    With Open For Business you could give all the townies a makeover, which helped, but after certain packs and generations, they regenerated or generated and spoiled it. In Sims 3 you can makeover other sims, but one at a time and they definitely spawn new sims all over the place with random new styles. And there's still the technology thing. Buildings too.

So maybe there can be a version that starts in a previous era, neighbourhood-wide, or if you want to call it world-wide, and you can choose when the world progresses onto the next, and which era you want it to be. Like how you can choose the pattern of the seasons in Sims 3 (and 2 I think), but with eras. And maybe there can be a choice of what it affects ie clothes, technology, town development, building style, but with the active family each thing is changed or added manually according to budget ... so then you can be like real families that keep things from the past, and some buildings are historic or what do you call it ... heritage-listed. And elder townies, and some young sims, might keep their old-fashioned clothes and houses ... perhaps lots of choices on how much control you have over it.

And, progress doesn't change the old-fashioned portrait of the previous generations in family trees, nor what their ghost is like. I think I remember when I removed some of the old fashioned content in Sims 2, the ghosts came out with default weird outfits and some un-textured meshes. Did that happen in Sims 3 too? Not sure. So then when they went back into their grave and you next looked at the family tree, they were pictured like that, not the old-fashioned. I suppose it doesn't matter, its just a little detail.

I know a lot of people like to have old-fashioned and retro themes.

I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I would love a non-empty base game that has robust enough gameplay and personality that I don't feel like I need to pile on DLC in order to get a scrap of excitement from the game. Basically a base game as good at TS3. Most importantly the Sims themselves need personality and depth, this is a life simulation game, even if it is sandbox, The Sims should feel alive and unique in order for it to simulate life.
  • Options
    w_socratesw_socrates Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see an expansion pack that has all the possible romantic and sexual interests. that can be. Like the option of Ethical non-monogamy relationships. it would also be good to include the different types of genders and more options for Transbodies. I understand that ea games could not put all this into the main game but having it as an expansion i think would be very cool. But I think having more representation would be good.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I want a game I can play without mods and that I can play for hours at a time without being bored or feeling the game I'm playing is a student's Capstone and feeling it's unfinished and lacking in decent characterization and gameplay. I want something like Sims 2 and Sims 3 but with the improvements in CAS and Build mode, we get with Sims 4.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd potentially have interest in Sims 5 but I'd want it to be completely new or to offer a different experience to anything we've seen as an option. I've enjoyed other versions but I wouldn't want it to basically be a rehash of an old version. I know there's enough demand for that such that they could probably run it as a classic mode. I'm still interested in TS4 now because I have fun with my game but I could see being open to TS5 when it comes depending on how it is done.

There's a "slight" possibility that I'd play with my friends but mostly, I'd play single-player style. If they want to go in a historical direction, I'd be completely into that. I don't play historically now because for me, the style would be kind of immersion-breaking with phones ringing. I could be open to historic gameplay though.

I'd want a lot of customization. I've been fine with the open neighborhoods that TS4 has shifted more towards. I don't want one world based on one specific part of the world like Southern California which is what Life By You currently appears to be. I'm not dissing that for other people but it doesn't appeal to me. I would be open to some innovative new graphics. I do still like TS4 and I want to see what is next for it. I'd say it has been a blast for me.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.