Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which EP?

Which EP is the better, Horse Ranch or For Rent? I´m gonna treat myself for christmas :)

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,984 Member
    hardest question ever :joy:
    I haven't bought either yet since my computer is struggling to run the game and welp

but I feel like I have so much use for both
    I guess it all boils down to these two questions:

city vs countryside?
    children vs pets?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited December 2023
    Uh, that's hard! I love them both so much.
    Which previous packs did you enjoy most and why? This would make it easier to suggest one for you.

I love For Rent for the beautiful world and the build/buy...
    97ab9968dd57cab3938110eecfc45d45645d4157.jpg
    311acd8e50f029acbad51ed39571868f0963a4b4.jpg
    31e4fdd372d813a933038549e46fd55a8a864802.pnj
    3 pics of Build/Buy below the spoiler
    Pics from build/buy are from this guide from The Sims Community. Where are also pics from the CAS (which I don't like).
    Sims-4-For-Rent-Items-Build-Mode.jpg
    sims-4-for-rent-items-screen-3-build-mode.jpg
    sims-4-for-rent-build-items-screen-2.jpg

...and Horse Ranch for the horses and goats 🐎🐐 They follow us wherever we go.
    We can't live without horses and goats, so Horse Ranch it is!
    95af377b573cc76fd78171eaa37d3ecebc7fa737.jpg
    627e0e7621a934ec4d7baf3a3d38e798cc98aaf8.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 93 Member
    For me its Horse Ranch because I love animals, simple as that.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,993 Member
    Horse ranch , but heavily biased here :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    honestly hard to say, personally with my big ranch I have on pause and my current play both work but with me it's more of if I couldn't have one I'd have the other so if they are on your radar maybe flip a coin and just grab whatever it falls on. While both had some bugs there was also some dramatics with both so you can't really go wrong unless you have less interest in one and pick that anyways.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,137 Member
    Wow, Horse Ranch or For Rent? Well, in Chestnut World is where you can ride & train horses, also there's cute little lambs & goats.
    In For Rent it brings a beautiful new kind of Island World with mysteries, secrets & duplexes.
    So, it just depends on which theme your interested right now. ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,963 Member
    For me definitely Horse Ranch. I love the horses, goats, and lambs, the horse training and competitions. And my horse, Domino, is just so full of personality.

92wXlH7.png
    He and Julianna are the best of friends.
    NP1fLHq.png
    He's funny.
    Are we related?
    sV9x8ht.png
    He's very friendly and gets along well with the other farm animals.
    lKeBcCv.png
    Except the llama. He doesn't like the llama.
    3fUd7TC.png

And the world is beautiful.
    OQXrjCK.png
    kXueXDX.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,446 Member
    Both are still on my list of packs to buy. But I am afraid I will have to wait for a sale. So horse ranch will be first for me. Chances are good for horse ranch to go on sale if EA holds a sale like they did each year for Christmas.

I am looking forward to chestnut ridge and nectar making. Also to the beautiful tomarang and multi family lots but that will have to wait for a bit longer.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 516 Member
    If you’re not interested in animals (horses, sheep, goats) then you may not find so much to do in Horse Ranch. The world is beautiful, the BB and CAS are nice, there is nectar making, but I think it’s mainly the animals that make this pack so good.

On the other hand, I personally wasn’t that interested in the whole tenants/landlords thing, but I still find plenty to love in For Rent. As well as the beautiful world (which you can use boats in if you have IL), BB and CAS there are the new kitchen appliances, new maintenance objects, functional radiators, lot challenges, mould, hopscotch, marbles, new cultural aspects, and probably a load more things I’m forgetting.

I personally am an animal lover so I would always go for animals first, but if you’re not, you may really enjoy For Rent.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I think Horse Ranch is a better choice than For Rent. I wouldn't buy For Rent unless EA releases a patch for the many, MANY bugs before you buy. I thought I was going to luck out on not having the bugs since I'm not playing as either a tenant or a landlord, but no I went to move some sims in from manage worlds and the game decided that my luxury apartments were worth charging four BILLION dollars per unit in rent. :neutral:

I only got Horse Ranch a couple of weeks ago and if it had any bugs on release they must have fixed them because it's been perfectly smooth for me. I love having horses, the goats and sheep are ADORABLE, nectar making is fun and an awesome money maker. The world is beautiful and while it doesn't have a lot of lots, it has more than Tamarang and is a large world with plenty of places to ride.

It's ultimately your decision, so buy the one which appeals to you most. :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    edited December 2023
    Horse Ranch is my dream EP but I don't own it yet. I got to pick which one I wanted for my birthday and I picked For Rent, because I want to buy Horse Ranch on a sale and I also wanted the bonus items for For Rent. So it was the sensible decision. I've had a blast planning rental residentials in For Rent, but I haven't had time to experience much of the actual gameplay yet. Sorry I may not be much of a help, just wanted to say that I faced the very same problem.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Apparently, For Rent is almost non functional with the amount of bugs at the moment. I don't own it, so can't speak from my own experience, but Horse Ranch would be my pick even if For Rent did work. I love animals, and I just think the whole idea of it is more fun. :)
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 516 Member
    Apparently, For Rent is almost non functional with the amount of bugs at the moment. I don't own it, so can't speak from my own experience, but Horse Ranch would be my pick even if For Rent did work. I love animals, and I just think the whole idea of it is more fun. :)

I haven’t done very much yet with the tenant/landlord stuff in For Rent (though I have done some), but I have spent plenty of time in the world and using other features of the pack, and I actually haven’t encountered any bugs yet. I’m not saying those bugs don’t exist because they obviously do, and I hope they’ll be fixed soon, but I’ve had a landlord buy a property, get a tenant, do maintenance on the water and electrics, I’ve had a nosey sim eavesdrop and discover secrets, I’ve added other rental properties to Tomarang, etc. So I really don’t think you should get the impression that the pack isn’t functional or is unplayable. I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve done with the new pack so far :)
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 728 Member
    There is some cross-pack compatibility with Home Chef Hustle and For Rent. For example the Night Market tent fits over the Home Chef Hustle table. And the Early Access For Rent cart grill looks so perfect next to the Home Chef Hustle selling table. The tea kettle is a must. I enjoy the pressure cooker and new recipes. The White Lily set is a large matching set of furniture and items that look lovely in a tiny home.

I do love the male CAS clothing, sleeping bag, and nectar making from Horse Ranch.

Before making your final choice, I would consider cross-pack compatibility and debug items even more than the horses and rentals. It is the little stuff that we use every day in all our worlds that makes a pack great.

• Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member

I haven’t done very much yet with the tenant/landlord stuff in For Rent (though I have done some), but I have spent plenty of time in the world and using other features of the pack, and I actually haven’t encountered any bugs yet. I’m not saying those bugs don’t exist because they obviously do, and I hope they’ll be fixed soon, but I’ve had a landlord buy a property, get a tenant, do maintenance on the water and electrics, I’ve had a nosey sim eavesdrop and discover secrets, I’ve added other rental properties to Tomarang, etc. So I really don’t think you should get the impression that the pack isn’t functional or is unplayable. I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve done with the new pack so far :)

Oh, well that's good to hear. :smile: As I say, I can't speak from my own experience, just from what people are saying on the bug report forum. Hopefully they'll do some fixing because I would like to get it in a sale eventually. :)
  • Options
    Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
    Thanks guys, I think I´ll go with Horse Ranch and wait for For Rent to get "playable" :)
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    If I had to choose I would pick Horse Ranch first. I love my farms and animals from Cottage Living, and enjoy playing my sims living a self-sustaining life on a farm. Horse Ranch added even more to my gameplay as I love horses and the 2 packs are awesome together! I put the Cottage Living animals on my ranches and the horses on my farms. I use the B/B and CAS from both for farmers and ranchers, so I use these 2 packs alot! I bought For Rent as well as I have been wanting gameplay specifically for apartments as I have already built several, and it was difficult because sims saw the whole building as theirs, constantly helping themselves to other apartments! So I am happy to be able to keep them separate, plus now I can have apartments with families of up to 8 in each apartment rather than just the lot! It depends on how you want to play and what suits your gameplay the best. The worlds on both packs are beautiful!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,691 Member
    edited December 2023
    Just like to add that despites plenty of bugs reported, I've played in Tomarang nearly 24/7 since release and have not yet seen any bugs. I did not focus on the main feature Rentable units though, but I did build a couple complexes and move in tenants. Also played at the premade complexes in Tomarang with no problems - but not for sim-weeks. So, there is still plenty to do while waiting for the 1st obligatory patch to arrive ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg