Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member

Oh awesome! I wonder if they've made the radiator functional that is already in game (not sure if it came with vampires?)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Overall happy with everything after the livestream. Still wished we got at least one bigger lot but I'm gonna make it work because I really love the world.
    The snooping feature looks really fun as well as the break in!! I'm gonna be snooping all in my Sims business🤣
    I'm off to find some early access videos that better explores the world so that I can officially decide where and what exactly I want to build. The idea was to have my builds ready by the time I get the pack so I can start playing. Though I do want to use all the new building items, I guess I could add them later.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Still going through and watching videos. Put I love the cas. The hairs and feminine frame full body outfits are sound outs. Glad they added a traditional career to the pack.
  • Options
    Watching the video by XurbansimsX
    Great view of the world!
    I think this is definitely going to be one of my uptime favourites😍😍😍😍😍😍 gonna get tons of screen shots here for sure and have Sims ride their horses and bikes around here.
    The swim area is so lovely.
    And there's another area to Wade in. I'm glad so much of the water is usable because it's surrounded by so much water. 😄
  • Options
    Still going through and watching videos. Put I love the cas. The hairs and feminine frame full body outfits are sound outs. Glad they added a traditional career to the pack.

Oh yeah I forgot to say how much I loved the cas! Really good stuff in there😅 the full outfits for kids are nice too.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,101 Member
    Did they mention if NPC's fill the other units like in The Sims 2 Apartment Life if not playing as a landlord?
  • Options
    Oh wow! You can set the sink type😱😱😱 definitely didn't know about that.
    Wow@ the dragon sculpture in the neighborhood and the floating lotus flower lamps in the water !! I really feel like they outdid themselves with the world.
    I like that we have new collectables.
    Fish market is such a nice bonus.
    I realize why we can't, but it would have been awesome if we could have a crowded night market, I really like the market. I'm going to have to use the population mod for this.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    edited December 2023
    After the live stream I am in love with the world, it is beautiful. I am rethinking how I want to play this world now, I may have to use it for residential instead of vacation now. Really enjoyed the live stream, I am even more excited now. I just wish we had seen more of the botanicial garden, they only showed the lot, but didn't load it.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,346 Member
    Although I'm not blown off my feet, the pack looks really solid. My boat club will love the new world (even though boating isn't an official club activity), mold adds another chore and the snooping mechanic will greatly enhance paparazzo and private investigator gameplay. I already know I'll be fuming when the game randomly assigns my sims character-breaking secrets, but I'm hopeful that these are just hidden traits that I can easily set up with MCCC in advance.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Did they mention if NPC's fill the other units like in The Sims 2 Apartment Life if not playing as a landlord?

I've watched a couple videos and it looks like each unit is vacant until landlord fills it or you move a household in from Moving/manage worlds.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I've been refraining from forming an opinion on this pack until after the livestream/early access content was released. After watching various videos, I'm remaining pretty optimistic about this pack despite the the fact that I'm not going to get much out of the new gameplay offered.

I'm excited for the new world— I think it's really pretty! Most simmers can agree that the world is small, so I plan to turn Tomarang into a destination world in my save file. I think it could be fun to travel to Tomarang and take in the sights and culture the world has to offer. I'll likely end up replacing the park lot (botanical gardens) with a community lot resembling a hotel to "stay" at. Visiting the animal sanctuary and taking home a tiger souvenir, visiting the night market and taking home the two new collectibles, going to the Spirit House and leaving an offering, trying new foods and exploring the cave are enough activities for me to pack into a vacation. It's a creative way to enjoy the new pack, but as a simmer who doesn't build and doesn't wish to dabble as a landlord...this is what I've come up with!

I really like the new lot type, and I'm looking forward to putting residential rental lots in various worlds. I can understand why this pack is an expansion pack as it truly is expanding the game (in my opinion), but I don't know if I will personally get much out of the gameplay since I don't think I'll use the property ownership feature very much. Just not super interested in renting out various properties. However, I will try out the tenant gameplay, so maybe I will enjoy some of those new features. Also, now that in-law suites can actually be functional, I may experiment with that idea as my main sim family grows. The new lot type opens up a ton of residential possibilities, and I think that's pretty great.

Other aspects I'm excited for include the kids activities (hopscotch and marbles), the new event types, the Build/Buy assets and CAS assets.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2023

Oh awesome! I wonder if they've made the radiator functional that is already in game (not sure if it came with vampires?)

Yes :smiley: the other radiator came with Vampires. Also, Strangerville has a window AC unit. Would be nice if they made these things functional.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    New world is nice but since they mentioned Trailer Parks gotta go decide on one of the other world's to plunk one down to play.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    The build/buy looks really lovely, and i like the functional heating/electrical/rain catcher. I also got a bit excited seeing that the kettle is a 3-in-1 object. no longer need to choose whether sims prefer coffee/tea, and like that they added hot cocoa :)
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 57 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > Air Conditioner & Radiator

"functional" whatever turning them on might entail. an animation or thermostat gameplay
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,934 Member
    SimGuruNinja
    Slow cooker sounds
    Do you recognize it? I didn't. 😄
    Sims 2 theme
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Alright. I watched the stream, I watched lilsimsie's video, and I watched what I could catch of her live. Ridiculous glitches, a disappointing botanical gardens (it's not even a botanical garden, it's just a park lol. but it's the leak that gave me high hopes for it so I can't hold that against the pack), and the rabbit hole tiger sanctuary aside (I was so hoping you'd be able to see at least a low poly tiger in the background sometimes, but no dice), I'm SO excited for this pack.

They did exactly what I wanted, though not fully but it's fine. Sims can move from manage world into the apartments. The CAS is wonderful, the bb is amazing, the world is a bit of a flop but it looks beautiful (wish the nightmarket was more lively, I think if you're going to have a small amount of things to do, it's better to compact them. if the world is going to be small just let it be small lol). I actually really like the secrets gained from snooping, I think there's a lot of story opportunities there that you could just ignore if you don't think they fit your sim.

Will be buying it on release. Not sure I'll be playing it through, I might wait to see what bugs crop up, and of course I'll have to wait for my mods to be updated. But on release day I'm going to make a questions thread, so if anybody like me is holding off on playing but has some burning questions for those who are playing, or if any simmer would be willing to help us out and answer those questions, please come on down. <3
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    Ok... to balance my post in the negative thread I will try to find some things that I liked in the livestream/early access videos ;)

I'm happy to get more build objects in a different style. The windows and especially the tiles look really pretty. I also liked a lot of the buy items like the plants and chairs.

I'm not a big CAS person but I'm sure I'll use the new shoes all the time.

I really like the mold, lol.

The potluck party seems quite cute.

The process of setting up a residential rental seems well done and easy (although I still don't get the difference between shared space and unassigned space).
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    greydonn wrote: »
    But on release day I'm going to make a questions thread, so if anybody like me is holding off on playing but has some burning questions for those who are playing, or if any simmer would be willing to help us out and answer those questions, please come on down. <3

@greydonn
    EmmaVane has a Q&A (Base game and For Rent only) if you have any questions before purchasing.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1011948/q-a-for-rent#latest
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 180 Member
    The decals for the muddy, broken walls really got me, I am totally here for that old, abandoned look. There are quite a lot of things in the buy and build catalogue I really enjoyed. The Botanical garden is a bit disappointing, but I guess I will improve it myself, that's alright.
    I think I will have two saves with one playing only as tenants and another one (probably) playing as tenants and (mainly) as landlord in rotational play.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    But on release day I'm going to make a questions thread, so if anybody like me is holding off on playing but has some burning questions for those who are playing, or if any simmer would be willing to help us out and answer those questions, please come on down. <3

@greydonn
    EmmaVane has a Q&A (Base game and For Rent only) if you have any questions before purchasing.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1011948/q-a-for-rent#latest

Oh, thank you! I don't know why I forgot about this thread. Do you think I should drop the idea of making a thread for questions after the release? I wouldn't have a problem doing so.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    @greydonn there's the possibility it would be closed as a duplicate thread.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    The process of setting up a residential rental seems well done and easy (although I still don't get the difference between shared space and unassigned space).

I think the unassigned space is available to anyone visiting the lot without needing to knock on door, while the Shared space will be more private/secluded as a visitor will need to be let in to access it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,981 Member

I hope so , after all, few people once told us here, that radiators have feelings :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member

I think the unassigned space is available to anyone visiting the lot without needing to knock on door, while the Shared space will be more private/secluded as a visitor will need to be let in to access it.

Hmm, not sure, since you can have unassigned space/rooms within the house. I'll add another question in the Q&A thread.

I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.