Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elevators in for rent

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    My real-life daughter lives on the fourth floor in a four-floor walk-up. She gets a rent discount compared to lower floors. That should be a thing.

I live on the ground where nature intended. All I can think of is how awful moving in/out of a 4th floor walk up must be.

ihGdLlw.gif

Functional elevators and escalators in a future pack like Shopping Malls/Multipurpose lots would be amazing! <3
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I am 4th floor apartment and our elevator is usually not working so have to use stairs. Luckily I can still do that although coming up is a bit slow now. Thank goodness when i moved in it was working as I have a piano.

Old photos of big cities showing them having to physically hoist a piano up to those walkups/fire escape entrances are crazy scary. Good thing our sims wont have that problem. :-)

They use cranes now :)

move-pianos-anywhere-500x333.jpg

I still wouldn't want to be the one on the ground under that. LOL

And @EA_Cade mother nature put birds up in trees so why not us? ;-)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited November 2023
    Well, if they're not releasing elevators in this pack, they better unlock the ones from City Living. I believe you need a cheat to use the ones from City Living at all, and if you add a lot with elevators to the Gallery, it gets tagged as custom content.
    Maybe they'll release some elevators in the patch.
    I can't imagine having a 5 story apartment building without an elevator.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I am here at my daughter's request to inform you that the large unimpeded balcony -- big enough for a hammock, barbecue, and patio table and chairs -- makes up for the four-storey climb, even though she has to walk uphill to get to her building in the first place.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Well, if they're not releasing elevators in this pack, they better unlock the ones from City Living. I believe you need a cheat to use the ones from City Living at all, and if you add a lot with elevators to the Gallery, it gets tagged as custom content.
    Maybe they'll release some elevators in the patch.
    I can't imagine having a 5 story apartment building without an elevator.

This.
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Remember the sims 2 elevators? I hope they look as good as they did. <3
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I understand why we don’t have spiral stairs but they just teleport from a spot outside of the elevators in this game. It would take absolutely no effort to give us this building tool.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 445 Member
    I really believe that if we were getting elevators, we'd have seen them already in one of the existing trailers. If today's trailer doesn't show elevators, I think that confirms we're not getting them.

It's a bummer because it means, at best, I can only build mini versions of the various apartment buildings I lived in as a kid. And one of those buildings was round, so I can't build it at all without functional round rooms and spiral stairs.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    I really believe that if we were getting elevators, we'd have seen them already in one of the existing trailers. If today's trailer doesn't show elevators, I think that confirms we're not getting them.

It's a bummer because it means, at best, I can only build mini versions of the various apartment buildings I lived in as a kid. And one of those buildings was round, so I can't build it at all without functional round rooms and spiral stairs.

We have to have them by the time we get hotels.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    My real-life daughter lives on the fourth floor in a four-floor walk-up. She gets a rent discount compared to lower floors. That should be a thing.

I live on the ground where nature intended. All I can think of is how awful moving in/out of a 4th floor walk up must be.

ihGdLlw.gif

One of my favourite Friends moments. :D
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Perhaps today we find out
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,763 Member
    Has anyone watched the live stream? I can’t watch it yet. Did they share any details?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,989 Member
    as vampire I have not had much trouble with this it is rather usual occurence in my game that sims simply fly out of wherever they are and land at the front door or so :innocent:

other thing you could do is add ladder from 4th floor to ground floor and have your sims slide down like weeee

ofcourse I do not recommend trying these in real life it might be rather deadly but in the sims? all fine
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Has anyone watched the live stream? I can’t watch it yet. Did they share any details?

Nothing was said about elevators.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member

So far elevators in sims 4 are only used in apartments and penthouse lots. We obviously can't use apartments with the new pack. but now that the team has confirmed that they won't let us use penthouses for the new lot type there is no reason to add elevators in the for rent pack. Unfortunately.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

So far elevators in sims 4 are only used in apartments and penthouse lots. We obviously can't use apartments with the new pack. but now that the team has confirmed that they won't let us use penthouses for the new lot type there is no reason to add elevators in the for rent pack. Unfortunately.

Hopefully we'll get some functioning elevators in a Hotels Pack.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    that’s what i was thinking too, functional elevators might be a “feature” they’re waiting to use for hotels
  • Options

Hopefully we'll get some functioning elevators in a Hotels Pack.

Let's hope so. I'd love to get a hotels pack
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    It'll be interesting to see how long it takes our sims to go down 4 flights of stairs to get outside...
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    PhilSims wrote: »
    Does anyone know if theres speculation that we'll have elevators? I don't really want to build a four floor walk up :s

If they don't and you can (or want to) use mods - https://ravasheen.com/download/uplifting-elevators/

^That looks like a good mod, I personally haven't tried it though.^

As @Atreya33 mentioned, the "Realm of Magic" portals would work. This excellent mod uses that teleporter coding to make functional elevators. It's not that difficult to figure out. I've made both elevators and "beaming transporters", (like in star trek) using this mod. B)

https://thesimmer40.tumblr.com/post/188641159489/functional-elevator-door-and-portals-updated-sep
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Can you imagine how long it's going to take our sims to climb all those stairs if we build a load of levels! They give us a cheat to build higher buildings but no elevators. Crazy. :#
  • Options
    Can you imagine how long it's going to take our sims to climb all those stairs if we build a load of levels! They give us a cheat to build higher buildings but no elevators. Crazy. :#

A cheat to build higher? Never heard of that one before.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,656 Member

no- there is a limit.
    I have dropped a room on a 4th floor from the gallery with luck but It was hard to do anything with it. @Atreya33
  • Options
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

no- there is a limit.
    I have dropped a room on a 4th floor from the gallery with luck but It was hard to do anything with it. @Atreya33

That's what I thought as well. I just wanted to ask because @Freckles1971 mentions a cheat for it.