Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Congratulations @AlJay a very deserving win.

Thank you @BuildnShare for the feed back.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert #BnS 178

@pammiechick
    nSCvuDq.jpg
    Comments The house and barn look so beautiful in the morning, you used the perfect amount of outdoor lighting. Very lovely vineyard, the famly’s going to have an excellent crop. The pops of orange in the foyer and the pumpkins give the area a welcoming, warm feel. The living room strikes just the right balance of rustic yet comfortable. That fireplace looks so cozy with the loveseat beside it, perfect for curling up on a cold day. A dance floor in the living room! How indulgent! Family meals must be fun at that round little table with the great views through all the windows. Lovely country kitchen. .I love that the family’s wine is on display, what a perfect detail. Lots of great touches in the study, from the horse decal and artwork to the scuffed walls. The son trying out the sleeping bags in the basement made me chuckle. An unfinished basement used for storage is perfect for a farmhouse. What a fun reading nook, complete with computer and a rocking chair. Creative use of the DHD cabinet in the laundry room. It fits right in.I love the warm, toasty colors in the main bedroom. The teen bedroom is very busy and colorful. The fish and whale decorations in the shower are cute. The son’s room looks so fun with the tree decal and matching curtains. It’s great that the parents have a space to get away and watch the sky. An outhouse, what a nice rustic touch. The horses have plenty of room in the bar. Very nice wine tasting and selling area. I wonder if the family demonstrates wine making for their guests?
    Suggestions:
    I wish you would have taken the exterior screenshots later in the day so details are easier to see.If screenshots are too dark, you can edit them using Photos or another program to lighten them a bit. It looks like the kitchen counters are clipping the lower edge of the windows, one of which is going into the wall beside it - you can use alt to slide them up and over just a bit. The talking toilet also seems too modern for the rest of the house. If you had used a different toilet, you could have placed the medicine cabinet directly over it and not so high up, as if it were an afterthought.. You had enough budget left to add fence sections around the horse beds to make actual stalls and maybe some decorative hay bales. I don’t recall seeing a horse ball anywhere. To avoid the roof clipping into open areas like the loft, place it in sections instead of all one piece. That way, the middle part can be only long enough to touch he wall, not go through it. Think of the roof like a series of puzzle pieces, not one big piece.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @pammiechick
    aKW6tBo.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @pammiechick Congratulations on the win of your beautiful build!!!! <3

Thank you!!! <3

And thanks @BuildnShare for your great suggestions. That toilet is my FAVORITE to play with and I always build to have fun in it but forget this is mostly design...Lol...it wasn't until I looked at it later that I was like...that's such a modern toilet for that space. DOH!!! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Congratulations to all the recent winners. So glad I started following this thread. Truly talented builders.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    Congratulations on winning the expert level for your build for BnS178 @pammiechick B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 177 - A Home for Everyone

@tatselk
    Beibyu0.jpg
    Vista Quarry Rebuild is a wonderful mid-century modern home. Mr. Peura is sure to love having only a single floor and the use of bright colors will definitely help him navigate through his new home. You have done a great job on the design of this home. The landscaping suits the world very well and the fence, roofline, as well as the stone walls really does make this house feel like a mid-century modern home. On the interior of the home the large tiles and feature stone walls look very good together. The bright colors that you have used suit the style nicely as well and I love all the vintage furniture that you have decorated with. Each room is decorated so nicely. This is a beautiful home. Well done!

Suggestions: Adding some terrain paint to your landscaping would have looked great. Also, it is always a good idea to add an overhead view of the interior of the house in your slideshow so the judges can get a better idea of the layout of your home.

@healthxsims
    wEGpJ12.png
    177 Sable Square is a great looking mid-century modern home. The exterior has a simple classic design, well suited for the era. Mr. Peura will be happy to have the home on ground level so there is no need to go up any stairs or even steps. The design of the roof is perfect to add the extra light to the home with the extra windows you have added. The breakfast patio and covered cooking tunnel are also nice additions to this home. The interior of this home has a nice layout. The wood floors and brick accent walls really look nice together and the furniture that you have decorated with suits the style nicely. The large open concept living space will work nicely for the Peura’s and the wall decorations really add extra interest to this home. The homemade heirlooms are a great idea as well! You have done a great job on this home!

Suggestions: The yard seemed kind of plain. Maybe adding some bigger trees, more varieties of flowers, a fountain, a garden shed, or even a gazebo could have helped with this.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @healthxsims
    5BEyVhC.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@healthxsims
    e8Zku6q.png
    You have designed a beautiful living room for Mr. Peura! The reading corner, chess table and TV over the fireplace are all wonderful additions to this room. The Knick-knacks on the wall units are great as well as the artwork on the walls. The colors that you have used in this room give it a relaxing feeling as well. It is a wonderful room. Nicely done!

Suggestions: The one side wall was completely bare, after seeing the other walls so nicely decorated it would have been nice to see something on that wall as well. Even if it was just a door or an archway.

@Aaleyn
    O937cJS.png
    The living room you have designed for the Kaur family is wonderful! The corner seating by the windows is beautiful and I love that you have added a place for games and other family activities as well. The wall paper and furniture look so nice together and the artwork and lighting on the walls adds a nice touch to the room.

Suggestions: Adding a few more items or books in the shelves around your media unit would have looked very nice.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @ healthxsims
    5BEyVhC.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@healthxsims
    S1xbi89.png
    Johannes and his niece Maria and her father Joni are just lovely! You have done a great job on their character, designing their outfits and even adding the cane for Mr. Peura. It is very nice that you have added the family trait for the Peura’s, especially since they get to enjoy so much time with each other. Maria looks like a lot of fun; you can see that though her outfits as well as all of her likes. Having similar traits to her uncle, I’m sure the two of them will get along swimmingly. You can definitely tell that Joni is Johannes’s brother. You have done a great job on his outfits as well. I’m sure he will pop over frequently to the household and the three of them will have a great time. They are a nice-looking family!

3gHHX7s.png

5BEyVhC.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 178 - Fall Designer Showdown

@healthxsims
    CNlmuIa.png
    You have designed such a beautiful mediterranean ranch styled home. What a great idea to create that style combination for your build, it works together so nicely. The yard design and layout are very well done. The decorations at the entrance give the ranch a welcoming feel and the gazebo tucked under the tree is just lovely! I really like the design of the barn. Adding the open windows in the roof looks great! You have done a very nice job of decorating the house. The terraces are well decorated and the beams, the tile floor, your rug and furniture choices all really work together with your theme. The layout of the home seems to have a nice flow to it, my personal favorite room is the office. The paint choice for your ceiling really adds to the home and all the little plant and other clutter details really make the home come together. I can tell you put a lot of thought and effort into this build. Well done!

Suggestions: I really don’t have much to suggest other than I noticed that your upper cabinets in the barn ran into the ceiling. This is something that is often hard to notice until you take pictures. Usually, I edit my build as I take pictures to help with this.

@Aaleyn
    MDHBXOA.png
    Skyward Palms Farm is such a cute farm! You have done a great job decorating the farm for fall. All the reds and oranges really give the home a nice fall feeling! You have added many beautiful details to the yard as well. The fountain, greenhouse, and covered bar are all nice touches. Your window choices, spandrils, columns, window boxes and all the other details to the exterior suit the home so well. The interior of the home has a very nice design. I really like the open concept living room and dining room and it is so nice that you have given each of the bedrooms have their own personality. I think it is great that you added a basement to this home as well, it really gave you options to add so much more to the space. The media room was an excellent idea and looks very nice. Great job on this beautiful farm!

Suggestions: It would have been nice to have a bit more of a contrast between the roof and wall colour on the exterior of the house.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Healthsims
    5BEyVhC.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 58 Member
    Omg thank you!! And thank you for the feedback!
    - Gallery ID Healthsims -
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners and to all who entered! Beautiful creations, everyone! :blush:<3

Thank you @_DelilahsRose_ <3

Thank you very much @BuildnShare for the wonderful reviews and suggestions! :blush:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations on winning the expert level for your build for BnS178 @pammiechick B)<3!

Thank you!! ❤️
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    You're welcome @pammiechick :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Congratulations on winning the starting out level for your build for BnS177 and BnS178 @healthxsims, as well as for your room for BnS177 B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you everyone :)
  • Options
    You're welcome @healthxsims B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited December 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert #BnS 179

@PINKUSFAMILY☆
    406401459_831354185633132_8659543502445456092_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a73e89&_nc_ohc=iE1WFuDg78AAX-3y7h7&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfAoaEQ3S3kTfmbJpXYdfscPrZrUypqChCbOw7nFSNy_mA&oe=657E18B9.jpg
    Comments
    What a cute little fairy tale house! Tail’s End was the perfect spot for it too. The lights make it a very welcoming sight in the darkness. The interior is warm, charming and inviting too. The piano in the entry is a nice touch of luxury. The reading nook looks comfy and inviting.I love the writing corner in the dining room - got to get those ideas down whenever the mood strikes! The kitchen decor is creative and eclectic with the different wood colors. The office is just messy enough to suggest a working, busy writer uses it. The main bedroom is very colorful and and yes, so busy! Great idea to include a meditation space. It looks so restful and inspiring. I like how each guest room has its own distinct feel. Makes sense that Dalanada would be using them for storage. Very clever to give the hidden room its own exterior entrance and hide it behind the nectar making area. I hope the room itself isn’t always so dark. The lot is beautiful in any season -g reat job pulling that off.

Suggestions: Since you decided to include the Winterfest tree, I would have liked to see it lit up and for the entire cottage to be decorated for the holiday. By itself, it seems the decorating was unfinished. But I understand you were already over budget. You used some very expensive wallpaper and paneling, which probably contributed. @AfterMidnight☆
    BUpiEAX.png
    Comments: What a cute little cottage. I love the idea of a house on the Cordelia’s Secret Cottage lot having its own secret.The built-in book cases in the living room are a perfect way to have storage while making use of the tiny space. I like the pops of color throughout, breaking up the monotony of all the brown. This cottage is cozy without seeming cramped. The dining room will be a nice place to eat with that great view out the window. I see what you mean about the catio, what a great idea to put a cat condo on the corner. The backyard looks like a fun place to just hang out enjoying the countryside or doing a little gardening. The birds probably love the birdbath. The bedroom is so restive Dalanda will love the little reading corner to enjoy a book before bed I love the little hidden reading nook. What a great idea.
    Suggestions: Remember to include descriptions with your slideshow when you can. Other than that, I can’t think of a single suggestion.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @AfterMidnight
    iKWDngG.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png

Congratulations, @AfterMidnight, the judges have decided that you are ready to be promoted to the Master category!
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Congratulations @AfterMidnight :)
  • Options
    Congratulations @AfterMidnight B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Thank you, everyone! ☺️
  • Options
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 179 - Finding Inspiration
    @fujicakes1
    WuEJFkt.png
    The home that you have created for Dalanda is stunning! The dollhouse/castle design suits the brief very well. The colors of the exterior and details that you have added, such as the room trim, really add to this home. The landscaping works well with the design as well. The interior of the home looks great! The layout appears to have a nice flow to it and the colors that you have chosen to decorate with work nicely together. I love seeing all the plants that you have added throughout the home as well as all the easels and all the artwork surrounding them. It will be a great house for her to use her creative skills in. The trellis to the secret room was a very creative idea. Dalanda is sure to love her new home. Well done!

Suggestions: I would suggest adding a sidewalk or terrain paint to your build. Landscaping always looks so much nicer when there is some variation in color. One other thing I noticed was that your fridge was in front of your window. It would have looked very nice one tile over and then your view wouldn’t be obstructed.

@healthxsims
    kEOJSEN.jpg
    Dalanda’s Storybook home is very creative! You have placed the home on the perfect lot for this build. The grass roof and fairytale/fantasy landscaping is perfect for the build. The interior of the home looks great as well. The layout is a nice design and I love the idea to have each room inspired by a different genre. You did an excellent job at portraying this by the decorations and furniture that you chose, I also appreciate the description by each photo on your slideshow as well. My favorite room is the mystery library, you totally got me thinking of books with that one. This was a very enjoyable house to tour. Well done!

Suggestions: I don’t know what to suggest. I really like this just the way it is.

3gHHX7s.png

5BEyVhC.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@healthxsims
    hUCGkGh.png
    Dalanda’s secret room is very nice! The dark woods, desk, scrolls and bookshelf really do give this room a historical feel. The rug is beautiful and I like that you added a hanging plant to the room as well. It is a great room for Dalanda to work on her writing.

Suggestions: A bench, chair or even an end table would have looked very nice under the windows.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @ healthxsims

5BEyVhC.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@healthxsims
    cnpJ1IN.png
    Dalanda Schreiber is beautiful! The different characteristics that you have given her are great. It is nice to see that you took the time to give her such an extensive list of likes and remembered to take into account that she dislikes technology. The outfits that you have given Dalanda look very nice on her and it was nice to see all the little details that you added like jewelry, makeup and nail polish. You have done a very nice job creating her.

3gHHX7s.png

5BEyVhC.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Congratulations @healthxsims the judges have decided that you are ready to be promoted to the Established category!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Congratulations @healthxsims on you win and your promotion :)
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Congratulations on winning all starting out categories and moving up to the established level @healthxsims B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you everyone, also amazing to move up! <3 Feels like I started participating just yesterday, although it's been a few challenges already :D
  • Options
    edited February 13
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 177 - A Home for Everyone

@KitelDesigns
    Eu4wf0L.png
    I really love the hominess of the house made for this family. It’s simple but very well decorated and has a lot of space. I love all the built ins especially the nooks under the stairwell and around the large tv in the living room. The hallways have areas for the family to post their special notes to each other (although I think it would be too tall for the child who is in a wheelchair.) I like all the wall detail on the parents’ bedroom and the shower is a large one for Maya. I wasn’t sure which room was hers but maybe it was the teen girl room which was very cute and decorated very well! All of the rooms were wonderful! I loved the outside and how to placed ramps (while using the terrain tool) Great idea! The kitchen was another favorite. And I liked the way you implemented a garage that looked real.

Suggestions: You’re getting better in your wall decoration! Now, to increase your level a bit, make sure to place plants around and decor on your tables like a centerpiece, kitchen plants and maybe a knick knack or two in there. Everything else was great!

@Wildling
    NXSVP81.png
    What a nice eclectic, contemporary home you’ve constructed! I love the landscaping and the sunroofs to let light in! The backyard is neat and cozy. My favorite is the beach entry pool for easy mobility access. Ingenious! I like all the cozy seating, too. The entryway is elegant and functional with some seating next to the music area. I adore the fish tank that separates the room into two places. The kitchen has some wonderful touches–especially with the sunroof and gorgeous window over the countertop. The living room has a nice contemporary feel and I love that couch which matches perfectly with the wall art. The bedrooms fit the family as well. You could see their tastes come through! My favorite was the large bathroom with the theme for the boy and the accessible shower. Well done!

Suggestions: I felt the color choices were a bit off in places. Sometimes you used orange and sometimes red (which would be fine if you had wall art or rugs that could tie them both in).

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @KitelDesigns
    vEEOxbO.png

3gHHX7s.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top